|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 59-71.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hanh, for what should one NOT use meditation?
(a) As an escape from problems.
(b) An a sleep aid.
(c) As a health remedy.
(d) As a panacea.
2. What does Hanh consider to be one's "second heart"?
(a) One's mother.
(b) The sun.
(c) One's child.
(d) The universe.
3. In which river did the author wash his face?
(a) The Charles River.
(b) The Nile River.
(c) The Mississippi River.
(d) The Ohio River.
4. According to Hanh in "The River", what action causes one to become angry and depressed?
(a) Walking in darkness.
(b) Chasing clouds.
(c) Ignoring the suffering.
(d) Achieving success.
5. At what university did Hanh tell the teachers and students to pause after a bell sounds?
(a) University of Colorado.
(b) University of California.
(c) Harvard University.
(d) McGill University.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes it more possible for one to sustain action for a worthy cause?
2. In which yoga position are the legs crossed by placing both feet on opposite knees?
3. Who nominates Hanh for the 1966 Nobel Prize?
4. What act does Hanh's teaching center around?
5. What is Hanh's attitude towards the Western cultures' treatment of parents?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)