|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 59-71.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hanh synchronize with his movements of using a scythe?
(a) His breathing.
(b) His thoughts.
(c) His rest periods.
(d) His voice.
2. What are the spiritual friends that Hanh uses on his mindfulness path?
(a) Quiet surroundings, and meditations.
(b) Dirty dishes and bells.
(c) Dirty dishes, red lights, and traffic jams.
(d) Meditations and bells.
3. According to Hanh, when must one recognize negative feelings?
(a) When faced with a decision.
(b) When one has emotional support.
(c) When they arise.
(d) Before they arise.
4. According to "Driving Meditation", where can happiness always be found?
(a) Within oneself.
(b) In nature.
(c) In the present moment.
(d) While driving.
5. According to Hanh in "The River", what action causes one to become angry and depressed?
(a) Ignoring the suffering.
(b) Achieving success.
(c) Walking in darkness.
(d) Chasing clouds.
Short Answer Questions
1. How should individuals react to unpleasant feelings?
2. Before making a phone call, what should one do?
3. Who used mindful living in Vietnam to act on the suffering of others?
4. In "Tangerine Meditation", who is reflecting on the tangerine's origin?
5. According to Hanh's story about an arguing couple, what is the first step to healing?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)