|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 59-71.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hanh, when must one recognize negative feelings?
(a) Before they arise.
(b) When one has emotional support.
(c) When faced with a decision.
(d) When they arise.
2. According to Hanh, for what should one NOT use meditation?
(a) As a panacea.
(b) As an escape from problems.
(c) An a sleep aid.
(d) As a health remedy.
3. In the last article, what constitutes peace and understanding between two people?
(a) Sharing sufferings.
(b) Understanding non-duality.
(c) Having compassion for each other.
(d) Breathing and smiling together.
4. What happens when one gets back in touch with one's self?
(a) Life's present moment is more easily encountered.
(b) Selfish attitudes cease to exist.
(c) Problems seem less worrisome.
(d) A positive attitude evolves.
5. What becomes available when we quiet our distracted thinking?
(a) Love and health.
(b) Peace and happiness.
(c) Patience and kindness.
(d) Contentment and security.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hanh, what is the only tool useful in changing a situation?
2. What can be transformed into healthy energy by recognizing that it is part of oneself?
3. In which river did the author wash his face?
4. What increases one's capacity for compassion?
5. At the beginning of Part l, Chapter1, what gift is available to everyone upon waking up each morning?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)