|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 59-71.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What should mindful living not do?
(a) Insulate one from all suffering.
(b) Blind one from seeing real problems in the world.
(c) Try to cure all suffering.
(d) Intrude on others' beliefs.
2. What enables one to become a real person?
(a) Practicing mindfulness.
(b) Studying the classics.
(c) Greeting others.
(d) Smiling at others.
3. According to Hanh, what is the relationship of the leaf to the tree?
(a) The leaf is the tree's soul.
(b) The leaf is the tree's mother.
(c) The leaf is the tree's decoration.
(d) The leaf is the tree's smile.
4. What do negative feelings leave behind if they are not faced?
(a) Destructive feelings, thoughts, and behaviors.
(b) Relief, acceptance, and peace.
(d) Positive acceptance.
5. According to "Driving Meditation", where can happiness always be found?
(a) Within oneself.
(b) While driving.
(c) In nature.
(d) In the present moment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hanh's attitude towards the Western tradition of hugging?
2. Why does looking into his own hand keep the man from feeling lonely?
3. What can happen when one observes parents with compassion?
4. What is often forgotten when one approaches life with a constant goal in mind?
5. What can one attain by helping the suffering?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)