|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 59-71.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Realistically, who can benefit from an individual's mindful living?
(a) People who are in daily contact.
(b) Those who are suffering.
(c) Relatives and close friends.
(d) The world.
2. In "Mindfulness Must Be Engaged", what does Hanh remind readers of concerning the extension of mindful living from one person to the world?
(a) Mindful living needs to reach only a few to have an effect on many.
(b) Mindful living will naturally flow to the masses.
(c) Mindful living is intended to create peace for one individual.
(d) Mindful living is a tool that must be actively used.
3. According to the Editor's Introduction, what method of obtaining peace is part of Thich Nhat Hanh's teachings?
(a) Creating personal wealth.
(b) Loving all people.
(c) Accepting one's social status.
(d) Living mindfully.
4. What does Hanh view as the best investment one can make?
(a) Cultivating a lifelong commitment.
(b) Cultivating a relationship with a friend.
(c) Nurturing one's spiritual interests.
(d) Maintaining one's health.
5. According to Hanh in "Mindfulness of Anger", what kind of problems does anger create?
(a) Self-esteem problems.
(b) Self-control problems.
(c) Health problems.
(d) Relationship problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. What location is the birthplace of Thich Nhat Hanh?
2. According to Hanh in "The River of Feelings", how many types of feelings do humans experience throughout life?
3. In "The River", what symbolizes a human being?
4. What group might react strongly to Hanh's views on hope?
5. According to Hanh's "Look into Your Hand", what can be found in a single person?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)