|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 59-71.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is often forgotten when one approaches life with a constant goal in mind?
(b) Mindful living.
(d) Important relationships.
2. If one lives without awareness, who/what do the people around us become?
3. According to Hanh in "The River", what action causes one to become angry and depressed?
(a) Walking in darkness.
(b) Achieving success.
(c) Chasing clouds.
(d) Ignoring the suffering.
4. According to Hanh in "Mindfulness of Anger", what kind of problems does anger create?
(a) Self-control problems.
(b) Health problems.
(c) Relationship problems.
(d) Self-esteem problems.
5. Why is Hanh received enthusiastically in the West?
(a) His ablility to walk calmly with peace and awareness.
(b) His personal realtionships with influential leaders.
(c) His continued efforts to bring peace to Vietnam.
(d) His belief in isolationism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would have prevented the tremendous amount of destruction in Vietnam?
2. What invitation does the author give to the reader at the end of the first section?
3. Who smiles at Buddha?
4. What technique discussed in "Cooking the Potato" transforms anger into a positive force?
5. What can be transformed into healthy energy by recognizing that it is part of oneself?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)