|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 59-71.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when one stops seeking benefits from life?
(a) One gains a better attitude.
(b) One gains available benefits.
(c) One realizes benefits do not exist.
(d) One finds hope.
2. With whom does Hanh meet in Europe to help bring peace to Vietnam?
(a) President Kennedy.
(b) Pope Paul VI.
(c) The Dalai Lama.
(d) Robert McNamara.
3. What are the fundamental basics of peace?
(a) Money, food, and shelter.
(b) Love, compassion, and altruism.
(c) Health, wealth, and empathy.
(d) Health, religion, and altruism.
4. What does the author suggest using as a bell of mindfulness when driving in Montreal?
(a) Stop signs.
(b) Car horn.
(c) "Je me souviens" license plate.
(d) Train tracks.
5. What does Hanh synchronize with his movements of using a scythe?
(a) His rest periods.
(b) His voice.
(c) His breathing.
(d) His thoughts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hanh compare to windows?
2. What two conscious actions should precede taking a bite of food?
3. Why is Hanh received enthusiastically in the West?
4. According to Hanh, which of the following is a non-sound?
5. What are the spiritual friends that Hanh uses on his mindfulness path?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)