|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 59-71.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are most individuals unwilling to do about an issue?
(a) Not blame others for the problem.
(b) Admit their role in the issue.
(c) Forget their unpleasant feelings.
(d) Change the situation to solve the problem.
2. What simple practice should one do when anger begins to rise?
3. What benefits can be found only in oneself?
(a) Enlightenment and peace.
(b) Love and joy.
(c) Joy and peace.
(d) Peace and respect.
4. At the time of this book's printing, how many square miles of forestland had been destroyed by acid rain, partly because of cars?
(a) One hundred thousand.
(b) Three million.
(c) Five million.
(d) Two million.
5. According to Hanh, what effect does watching violence on television have on an individual?
(a) It creates instability.
(b) It creates fear.
(c) It creates confusion and loneliness.
(d) It creates loneliness and desperation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who/what lives thanks to the "second heart"?
2. What should a driver do when caught by a stop light?
3. According to Hanh in "Call Me by My True Names", who has the potential to become a "pirate"?
4. According to a poem in this section, who/what now has the poet's lost smile?
5. Who was the first monk to ride a bicycle in Vietnam?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)