|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 59-71.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who nominates Hanh for the 1966 Nobel Prize?
(b) The Dalai Lama.
(c) Martin Luther King.
(d) Richard Nixon.
2. In "Eating Mindfully", what is the purpose of eating?
(a) For nourishment.
(b) To relax.
(c) For pleasure.
(d) To eat.
3. If one lives without awareness, who/what do the people around us become?
4. How is Hanh's presence still felt in Vietnam?
(a) Handwritten copies of his books are illegally circulated there.
(b) He visits Vietnam often to lecture.
(c) His contributions to peace are taught in Vietnam's schools.
(d) The Hanh Library is located in Vietnam.
5. What can be used as compost for flowers of the twenty-first century?
(a) Sufferings of the Vietnamese.
(b) One's own suffering.
(c) Suffering from the twentieth century.
(d) Suffering from all wars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What should a driver do when caught by a stop light?
2. What seeds do most individuals focus on in their lives?
3. What happens when one gets back in touch with one's self?
4. According to Hanh's "Nourishing of Healthy Seeds", what are the two levels of consciousness?
5. How can one encourage the government to make decisions that encourage peace?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)