|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 59-71.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hanh, for what should one NOT use meditation?
(a) As a health remedy.
(b) An a sleep aid.
(c) As an escape from problems.
(d) As a panacea.
2. Which group of people are "the light at the top of the candle" for interbeing?
(c) The Enlightened.
3. According to Hanh, what would improve the power of hugging?
(a) Combining hugging with mindful breathing.
(b) Hugging only when the feeling is shared.
(c) Combining hugging with a smile.
(d) Hugging only when the feeling is genuine.
4. What is Hanh's synonym for aimlessness?
5. What should a driver do when caught by a stop light?
(a) Meditate on yesterday's trip.
(b) Sit back and smile.
(c) Listen to music.
(d) Think about the destination.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Mindfulness Must Be Engaged", what does Hanh remind readers of concerning the extension of mindful living from one person to the world?
2. According to the chapter "The Roots of Anger", where does the source of anger usually reside?
3. Which plant is used in Hanh's story about people looking for the reason why it failed to grow?
4. What is often forgotten when one approaches life with a constant goal in mind?
5. What do negative feelings leave behind if they are not faced?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)