|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 59-71.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hanh, what can break the "cycle of transmission"?
(a) Mindful living.
(b) Intense therapy.
(d) Wisdom of our elders.
2. What does Hanh consider to be one's "second heart"?
(a) One's mother.
(b) The universe.
(c) One's child.
(d) The sun.
3. In "Eating Mindfully", what is the purpose of eating?
(a) To relax.
(b) For pleasure.
(c) For nourishment.
(d) To eat.
4. What are the spiritual friends that Hanh uses on his mindfulness path?
(a) Quiet surroundings, and meditations.
(b) Dirty dishes and bells.
(c) Meditations and bells.
(d) Dirty dishes, red lights, and traffic jams.
5. What group might react strongly to Hanh's views on hope?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hanh's definition of compassion?
2. What does Hanh synchronize with his movements of using a scythe?
3. What happens when one is cut off from nature?
4. Before making a phone call, what should one do?
5. According Hanh, if one item is removed from the universe, how many others will cease to exist?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)