|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 59-71.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hanh in "The River", what action causes one to become angry and depressed?
(a) Ignoring the suffering.
(b) Walking in darkness.
(c) Achieving success.
(d) Chasing clouds.
2. What should a driver do when caught by a stop light?
(a) Meditate on yesterday's trip.
(b) Sit back and smile.
(c) Think about the destination.
(d) Listen to music.
3. According to Hanh in "Call Me by My True Names", who has the potential to become a "pirate"?
(b) The suffering.
(d) The reader.
4. Who/what is one never able to escape?
(b) One's self.
5. According to Hanh, which of the following is a non-sound?
(a) A ray of sunshine.
(b) A car buzzer.
(c) A falling leaf.
(d) A telephone ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hanh in "The River of Feelings", how many types of feelings do humans experience throughout life?
2. According to Hanh in "Aimlessness", what does the current culture promote?
3. Why is Hanh received enthusiastically in the West?
4. According to Hanh's "Nourishing of Healthy Seeds", what are the two levels of consciousness?
5. What does Hanh compare to windows?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)