|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 59-71.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which group of people are "the light at the top of the candle" for interbeing?
(a) The Enlightened.
2. Why is living in the present essential after experiencing negative feelings?
(a) Knots will dissipate the anger.
(b) Knots can be identified as they form.
(c) Knots can help solve the issue.
(d) Knots disappear.
3. How should individuals react to unpleasant feelings?
(a) Reject the emotions.
(b) Face the emotions.
(c) Cling to the emotions.
(d) Ignore the emotions.
4. According to Hanh, when must one recognize negative feelings?
(a) When faced with a decision.
(b) When one has emotional support.
(c) When they arise.
(d) Before they arise.
5. What body position does Hanh recommend for meditation?
(a) Sitting cross-legged on a cushion.
(b) Sitting on the ground facing the sun.
(c) Sitting upright in a chair.
(d) Lying parallel to the Earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What location is the birthplace of Thich Nhat Hanh?
2. According to Hanh, how many rings should one allow before answering the telephone?
3. What is the result of compassion towards another who is suffering?
4. In "Bells of Mindfulness", what must everyone make time for, according to Hanh?
5. What does the author suggest using as a bell of mindfulness when driving in Paris?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)