|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 59-71.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Part l, Chapter1, what gift is available to everyone upon waking up each morning?
(b) Twenty-four hours.
2. While driving, what can be used as a bell of mindfulness?
(a) A red light.
(b) A car horn.
(c) A yield sign.
(d) A speed limit sign.
3. According to Hanh, which of the following are feelings that are experienced by humans during life?
(a) Love and fear.
(b) Love and hate.
(c) Pleasant and neutral.
(d) Harmless and harmful.
4. Who is Thomas Merton?
(a) A Tibetan monk.
(b) A world leader.
(c) A social advocate.
(d) A Catholic monk.
5. After realizing that the person expressing anger has experienced abuse, illness, or a setback, what can one learn to feel?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hanh, what are most individuals willing to find out about an issue?
2. In Hanh's analogy of viruses and antibodies, what role(s) do the negative seeds play?
3. What becomes of a beautiful cut rose after it dies?
4. What organization is formed by Hanh in 1964?
5. According to Hanh, what would improve the power of hugging?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)