|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 59-71.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hanh in the last article, what two kinds of policies are needed?
(a) Suffering and government.
(b) Suffering and compassion.
(c) Suffering and garbage.
(d) Garbage and government.
2. Which techniques can help individuals heal themselves emotionally and psychologically?
(a) Conscious breathing and mindful living.
(b) Conscious living and breathing.
(c) Meditating and mindful living.
(d) Conscious breathing and meditating.
3. According to Hanh, what is the relationship of the leaf to the tree?
(a) The leaf is the tree's mother.
(b) The leaf is the tree's soul.
(c) The leaf is the tree's smile.
(d) The leaf is the tree's decoration.
4. How is Hanh's presence still felt in Vietnam?
(a) Handwritten copies of his books are illegally circulated there.
(b) His contributions to peace are taught in Vietnam's schools.
(c) He visits Vietnam often to lecture.
(d) The Hanh Library is located in Vietnam.
5. In "Flower Insights" who holds a flower before the monks?
(a) H.H. the Dalai Lama.
(b) The book's author.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which group of people are "the light at the top of the candle" for interbeing?
2. According to Hanh, where can one meditate?
3. What two conscious actions should precede taking a bite of food?
4. What makes it more possible for one to sustain action for a worthy cause?
5. What reason does Hanh give for the abuse of children at their own parents' hands?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)