|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 59-71.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the fruits of meditation?
(a) Clarity, determination, and peace.
(b) Mindfulness, clarity, and patience.
(c) Peace, joy, and clarity.
(d) Clarity, determination, and patience.
2. What two conscious actions should precede taking a bite of food?
(a) Pausing, then smelling the food's aroma.
(b) Saying grace and smiling.
(c) Sitting down, then closing one's eyes.
(d) Breathing and smiling.
3. What happens when one is cut off from nature?
4. What body position does Hanh recommend for meditation?
(a) Sitting cross-legged on a cushion.
(b) Sitting upright in a chair.
(c) Lying parallel to the Earth.
(d) Sitting on the ground facing the sun.
5. Before making a phone call, what should one do?
(a) Smile and recite a mantra.
(b) Envision the person one is calling.
(c) Breathe consciously and smile.
(d) Breathe consciously and pause.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hanh's attitude towards the Western tradition of hugging?
2. What term means "the essence of a person's true nature"?
3. Who smiles at the flower?
4. According to Hanh, which of the following are feelings that are experienced by humans during life?
5. Which of these is NOT a component for the extension of mindful living into the world?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)