|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 59-71.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the fruits of meditation?
(a) Clarity, determination, and patience.
(b) Clarity, determination, and peace.
(c) Peace, joy, and clarity.
(d) Mindfulness, clarity, and patience.
2. According to Hanh, what are most individuals willing to find out about an issue?
(a) The villain who created the problem
(b) The source of the problem.
(c) Their friends' stance on the issue.
(d) The solution to the problem.
3. What do large family units provide?
(a) Childcare while parents work.
(b) Safety for children of suffering parents.
(c) Acceptance of the elderly.
(d) Less stressful environment for working parents.
4. In "Cookie of Childhood", who gives Hanh a cookie to savor?
(a) His brother.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His friend.
(d) His mother.
5. According to Hanh, what attitude is important when one writes a politician?
Short Answer Questions
1. According Hanh, if one item is removed from the universe, how many others will cease to exist?
2. What is Hanh's attitude towards the Western tradition of hugging?
3. What does Hanh consider to be one's "second heart"?
4. Where is Gethsemani?
5. What is the origin of a smile?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)