|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 59-71.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who smiles at the flower?
(a) H.H. the Dalai Lama.
(c) Another monk.
2. In "The River", what symbolizes a human being?
(a) The pollution in the river.
(b) The river itself.
(c) The direction of the river's currents.
(d) The pebbles in the river.
3. Which flower of the twenty-first century allows children to embrace diversity?
(a) Flower of compassion.
(b) Flower of tolerance.
(c) Flower of suffering.
(d) Flower of wisdom.
4. In "Tangerine Meditation", who is reflecting on the tangerine's origin?
5. What happens when one is cut off from nature?
Short Answer Questions
1. What facilities for gatherings does Hanh recommend for replacing the large family units?
2. Which yoga position does Hanh recommend for meditation?
3. According to Hanh, which of the following is a non-sound?
4. What community is established by Hanh a hundred miles southwest of Paris?
5. According to the author, which rite is a wonderful practice of mindfulness that Jesus used to awaken his disciples?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)