|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 59-71.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Thomas Merton?
(a) A Tibetan monk.
(b) A world leader.
(c) A social advocate.
(d) A Catholic monk.
2. What group might react strongly to Hanh's views on hope?
3. According to Hanh in "Aimlessness", what does the current culture promote?
(d) Constant activity.
4. What bodily process does conscious breathing slow down?
5. According to Hanh in "Nourishing Awareness", what should one focus on before eating?
(a) The sun.
(b) One's blessings.
(c) The universe.
(d) Those who suffer from hunger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What seeds do most individuals focus on in their lives?
2. Where is Gethsemani?
3. According to Hanh in "The River", what action causes one to become angry and depressed?
4. In "The River", what symbolizes a human being?
5. What can one use daily as a reminder to stop and breathe mindfully?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)