|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 51-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What phrase is used in the Editor's Introduction to describe "Peace is Every Step"?
(a) Book of peace.
(b) Book of reminders.
(c) Life's handbook for peace.
(d) Joyful book art.
2. What are most individuals unwilling to do about an issue?
(a) Forget their unpleasant feelings.
(b) Change the situation to solve the problem.
(c) Admit their role in the issue.
(d) Not blame others for the problem.
3. What becomes available when we quiet our distracted thinking?
(a) Peace and happiness.
(b) Contentment and security.
(c) Love and health.
(d) Patience and kindness.
4. In "Cookie of Childhood", who gives Hanh a cookie to savor?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His friend.
(c) His mother.
(d) His brother.
5. Why is Hanh received enthusiastically in the West?
(a) His continued efforts to bring peace to Vietnam.
(b) His ablility to walk calmly with peace and awareness.
(c) His personal realtionships with influential leaders.
(d) His belief in isolationism.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what university did Hanh tell the teachers and students to pause after a bell sounds?
2. Who used mindful living in Vietnam to act on the suffering of others?
3. What makes it more possible for one to sustain action for a worthy cause?
4. Which of these is NOT a component for the extension of mindful living into the world?
5. Who was the first monk to ride a bicycle in Vietnam?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)