|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 51-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hanh, what is the result of realizing the present moment?
(a) A chance to be happy now.
(b) A chance to clear the mind.
(c) A chance to eradicate the past.
(d) A chance to be happy in the future.
2. What does practicing conscious breathing unify?
(a) The mind and body.
(b) The mind and emotions.
(c) The soul and body.
(d) The mind and soul.
3. What would have prevented the tremendous amount of destruction in Vietnam?
(a) An American vision of non-duality.
(b) A Vietnamese vision of non-duality.
(c) An American vision of duality.
(d) A Vietnamese vision of duality.
4. What technique discussed in "Cooking the Potato" transforms anger into a positive force?
5. According to Hanh, for what should one NOT use meditation?
(a) As an escape from problems.
(b) As a panacea.
(c) As a health remedy.
(d) An a sleep aid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the goal of meditation?
2. According to Hanh, what happens to anger when one pounds a pillow?
3. According to Hanh, what is the only tool useful in changing a situation?
4. What is often forgotten when one approaches life with a constant goal in mind?
5. What can happen when one observes parents with compassion?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)