|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 51-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Hanh give for the abuse of children at their own parents' hands?
(a) The parents themselves were abused.
(b) The child misunderstood discipline for abuse.
(c) The parents were not living in mindfulness.
(d) The parents were only disciplining the child.
2. In "Conscious Breathing", which two words can be used to facilitate being mindful of breathing?
(a) Love and harmony.
(b) Peace and joy.
(c) In and out.
(d) Inhale and exhale.
3. What is the origin of a smile?
(a) A peaceful heart.
(b) A loving heart.
(c) An awakened mind.
4. Who smiles at Buddha?
(a) H.H. the Dalai Lama.
(b) The book's author.
(c) No one.
5. Before making a phone call, what should one do?
(a) Breathe consciously and smile.
(b) Smile and recite a mantra.
(c) Envision the person one is calling.
(d) Breathe consciously and pause.
Short Answer Questions
1. While driving, what can be used as a bell of mindfulness?
2. Why does one sometimes go for a drive unnecessarily?
3. What is the goal of meditation?
4. According to Hanh, what can break the "cycle of transmission"?
5. What are the spiritual friends that Hanh uses on his mindfulness path?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)