|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 51-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when one mindfully recognizes anger?
(a) Anger changes to love.
(b) Anger changes to compassion.
(c) Anger loses its power.
(d) Anger changes to a solution.
2. What is the background for Hanh's religious training?
3. What group might react strongly to Hanh's views on hope?
4. What would have prevented the tremendous amount of destruction in Vietnam?
(a) A Vietnamese vision of duality.
(b) A Vietnamese vision of non-duality.
(c) An American vision of duality.
(d) An American vision of non-duality.
5. At the beginning of Part l, Chapter1, what gift is available to everyone upon waking up each morning?
(b) Twenty-four hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Buddhist term for understanding completely?
2. What path does the atmosphere of peace travel?
3. What is Hanh's attitude towards the Western tradition of hugging?
4. While driving, what can be used as a bell of mindfulness?
5. What does Hanh synchronize with his movements of using a scythe?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)