|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 51-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What simple practice should one do when anger begins to rise?
2. What can be transformed into healthy energy by recognizing that it is part of oneself?
(a) Pleasant emotions.
(b) Unpleasant emotions.
(d) Neutral emotions.
3. How should individuals react to unpleasant feelings?
(a) Ignore the emotions.
(b) Reject the emotions.
(c) Cling to the emotions.
(d) Face the emotions.
4. Who/what is one never able to escape?
(a) One's self.
5. What is Hanh's attitude towards the Western tradition of hugging?
Short Answer Questions
1. According Hanh, if one item is removed from the universe, how many others will cease to exist?
2. What do non-sounds remind us to do?
3. What two conscious actions should precede taking a bite of food?
4. In "Eating Mindfully", what is the purpose of eating?
5. Why does looking into his own hand keep the man from feeling lonely?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)