|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 51-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Eucharist", what does one bite of bread give to each disciple?
(d) Real life.
2. What two conscious actions should precede taking a bite of food?
(a) Breathing and smiling.
(b) Saying grace and smiling.
(c) Pausing, then smelling the food's aroma.
(d) Sitting down, then closing one's eyes.
3. Which of these dissolves anger?
4. What resources are used in the creation of "Peace is Every Step"?
(a) Hanh's lectures, writings, and conversations.
(b) .Conversations with Hanh's friends and family.
(c) Hanh's personal diary and scholarly books.
(d) Academic journals.
5. Which group of people are "the light at the top of the candle" for interbeing?
(a) The Enlightened.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hanh's "Look into Your Hand", what can be found in a single person?
2. According to Hanh, what effect does watching violence on television have on an individual?
3. Who is Thomas Merton?
4. Why does looking into his own hand keep the man from feeling lonely?
5. Which plant is used in Hanh's story about people looking for the reason why it failed to grow?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)