|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 51-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is often forgotten when one approaches life with a constant goal in mind?
(c) Mindful living.
(d) Important relationships.
2. What is Hanh's definition of compassion?
(a) Feeling the intensity of another's suffering.
(b) The ability to remove suffering from another person.
(c) Offering to help in another's suffering.
(d) Understanding why another is suffering.
3. According to Hanh, what is often a barrier to happiness?
4. What group might react strongly to Hanh's views on hope?
5. What simple practice should one do when anger begins to rise?
Short Answer Questions
1. What can be transformed into healthy energy by recognizing that it is part of oneself?
2. What technique may be used to force the thought process to focus?
3. According to Hanh's "Look into Your Hand", what can be found in a single person?
4. What does the author suggest using as a bell of mindfulness when driving in Paris?
5. In "Eating Mindfully", what is the purpose of eating?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)