|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 51-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Editor's Introduction, what method of obtaining peace is part of Thich Nhat Hanh's teachings?
(a) Creating personal wealth.
(b) Loving all people.
(c) Accepting one's social status.
(d) Living mindfully.
2. Which of these dissolves anger?
3. Who smiles at Buddha?
(a) H.H. the Dalai Lama.
(b) The book's author.
(c) No one.
4. According to Hanh, what happens to anger when one pounds a pillow?
(a) It becomes more intense.
(b) It subsides temporarily.
(c) It is negated.
(d) It subsides completely.
5. At the beginning of Part l, Chapter1, what gift is available to everyone upon waking up each morning?
(d) Twenty-four hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hanh in "The River of Feelings", how many types of feelings do humans experience throughout life?
2. Who presents a smile openly without any goal?
3. How is Hanh's presence still felt in Vietnam?
4. What happens when one is cut off from nature?
5. Why is Hanh received enthusiastically in the West?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)