|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 51-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hanh, which of the following are feelings that are experienced by humans during life?
(a) Pleasant and neutral.
(b) Harmless and harmful.
(c) Love and fear.
(d) Love and hate.
2. Why does looking into his own hand keep the man from feeling lonely?
(a) He remembers his mother.
(b) He remembers his faith.
(c) He is reminded of his place in the universe.
(d) He realizes all things are connected.
3. According to Hanh's "Internal Formations", what forms within one's emotional consciousness as a result of anger?
(a) Emotional scars.
(c) Health issues.
4. In Hanh's analogy of viruses and antibodies, what role(s) do the negative seeds play?
5. What happens when one stops seeking benefits from life?
(a) One gains available benefits.
(b) One gains a better attitude.
(c) One realizes benefits do not exist.
(d) One finds hope.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hanh, how many rings should one allow before answering the telephone?
2. According Hanh, if one item is removed from the universe, how many others will cease to exist?
3. What becomes of a beautiful cut rose after it dies?
4. In "Eating Mindfully", what is the purpose of eating?
5. Who was the first monk to ride a bicycle in Vietnam?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)