|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 51-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the spiritual friends that Hanh uses on his mindfulness path?
(a) Meditations and bells.
(b) Dirty dishes, red lights, and traffic jams.
(c) Quiet surroundings, and meditations.
(d) Dirty dishes and bells.
2. What becomes available when we quiet our distracted thinking?
(a) Peace and happiness.
(b) Patience and kindness.
(c) Love and health.
(d) Contentment and security.
3. What is Hanh's synonym for aimlessness?
4. What act does Hanh's teaching center around?
(a) Selective speaking.
(b) Frequent reflecting.
(c) Thoughtful praying.
(d) Conscious breathing.
5. In "Transforming Feelings", who/what symbolizes mindfulness?
(a) The mother.
(c) The reader.
(d) The crying child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What path does the atmosphere of peace travel?
2. In "Transforming Feelings", who/what is analogous to emotion?
3. What facilities for gatherings does Hanh recommend for replacing the large family units?
4. What groups comprise large family units, which for the most part, have now disbanded?
5. What are the fruits of meditation?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)