|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 51-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what university did Hanh tell the teachers and students to pause after a bell sounds?
(a) University of California.
(b) University of Colorado.
(c) Harvard University.
(d) McGill University.
2. What are most individuals unwilling to do about an issue?
(a) Forget their unpleasant feelings.
(b) Change the situation to solve the problem.
(c) Not blame others for the problem.
(d) Admit their role in the issue.
3. If one lives without awareness, who/what do the people around us become?
4. What happens when one mindfully recognizes anger?
(a) Anger changes to love.
(b) Anger changes to a solution.
(c) Anger loses its power.
(d) Anger changes to compassion.
5. According to the foreword, what is the only way to bring about world peace?
(a) World peace demonstrations.
(b) The destruction of the atomic bomb.
(c) Education of the masses.
(d) Internal transformation of the individual.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hanh, what would improve the power of hugging?
2. What should one do as angry feelings subside?
3. Why is Hanh received enthusiastically in the West?
4. According to Hanh, what is the only tool useful in changing a situation?
5. In Hanh's analogy of viruses and antibodies, what role(s) do the negative seeds play?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)