|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 51-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when one mindfully recognizes anger?
(a) Anger changes to a solution.
(b) Anger changes to compassion.
(c) Anger loses its power.
(d) Anger changes to love.
2. According to Hanh, what is often a barrier to happiness?
3. Which plant is used in Hanh's story about people looking for the reason why it failed to grow?
4. In "Bells of Mindfulness", what must everyone make time for, according to Hanh?
(a) To pray when church bells ring.
(b) To honor all bells.
(c) To enjoy bells.
(d) To listen to non-sounds.
5. What happens when one stops seeking benefits from life?
(a) One finds hope.
(b) One gains available benefits.
(c) One realizes benefits do not exist.
(d) One gains a better attitude.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to a poem in this section, who/what now has the poet's lost smile?
2. According to Hanh's story about an arguing couple, what is the first step to healing?
3. At what university did Hanh tell the teachers and students to pause after a bell sounds?
4. What bodily process does conscious breathing slow down?
5. Which of these dissolves anger?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)