|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 51-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Hanh's analogy of viruses and antibodies, what role(s) do the negative seeds play?
2. What technique discussed in "Cooking the Potato" transforms anger into a positive force?
3. Which of these is NOT a component for the extension of mindful living into the world?
(d) Conscious breathing.
4. Why does looking into his own hand keep the man from feeling lonely?
(a) He remembers his mother.
(b) He realizes all things are connected.
(c) He remembers his faith.
(d) He is reminded of his place in the universe.
5. After realizing that the person expressing anger has experienced abuse, illness, or a setback, what can one learn to feel?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which yoga position are the legs crossed by placing both feet on opposite knees?
2. According to Hanh's story about an arguing couple, what is the first step to healing?
3. Which group of people are "the light at the top of the candle" for interbeing?
4. Which yoga position does Hanh recommend for meditation?
5. What reason does Hanh give for the abuse of children at their own parents' hands?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)