|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 51-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do non-sounds remind us to do?
(a) Breathe, smile, and care for others.
(b) Breathe, smile, and live fully in the moment.
(c) Breathe, smile, and commune with nature.
(d) Smile, acknowledge others, and live fully.
2. What resources are used in the creation of "Peace is Every Step"?
(a) Academic journals.
(b) Hanh's personal diary and scholarly books.
(c) Hanh's lectures, writings, and conversations.
(d) .Conversations with Hanh's friends and family.
3. What group might react strongly to Hanh's views on hope?
4. At what university did Hanh tell the teachers and students to pause after a bell sounds?
(a) University of California.
(b) McGill University.
(c) University of Colorado.
(d) Harvard University.
5. When we walk hurriedly, what imprints are left on the Earth?
(a) Peace and joy.
(b) Anxiety and sorrow.
(c) Hatred and despair.
(d) Love and friendship.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hanh, how many rings should one allow before answering the telephone?
2. What path does the atmosphere of peace travel?
3. According to a poem in this section, who/what now has the poet's lost smile?
4. What invitation does the author give to the reader at the end of the first section?
5. In "Eating Mindfully", what is the purpose of eating?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)