|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 51-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the fundamental basics of peace?
(a) Health, wealth, and empathy.
(b) Health, religion, and altruism.
(c) Love, compassion, and altruism.
(d) Money, food, and shelter.
2. According to Hanh, what would improve the power of hugging?
(a) Hugging only when the feeling is genuine.
(b) Combining hugging with mindful breathing.
(c) Hugging only when the feeling is shared.
(d) Combining hugging with a smile.
3. According to the Editor's Introduction, what method of obtaining peace is part of Thich Nhat Hanh's teachings?
(a) Living mindfully.
(b) Accepting one's social status.
(c) Loving all people.
(d) Creating personal wealth.
4. Who presents a smile openly without any goal?
(a) A monk.
(b) A child.
(d) The Dalai Lama.
5. Why does one sometimes go for a drive unnecessarily?
(a) To escape oneself.
(b) To quiet the bells.
(c) To maintain the car.
(d) To enjoy nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. How should individuals react to unpleasant feelings?
2. According to Hanh, how many rings should one allow before answering the telephone?
3. What becomes of a beautiful cut rose after it dies?
4. Who smiles at the flower?
5. At what university did Hanh tell the teachers and students to pause after a bell sounds?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)