|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 51-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hanh, what is the result of realizing the present moment?
(a) A chance to be happy now.
(b) A chance to clear the mind.
(c) A chance to be happy in the future.
(d) A chance to eradicate the past.
2. What is Hanh's attitude towards the Western cultures' treatment of parents?
(a) He is saddened.
(b) He is tolerant.
(c) He is infuriated.
(d) He is elated.
3. What is Hanh's synonym for aimlessness?
4. In the story "Look into Your Hand", who told the young man to look at his hand?
(a) His mother.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His father.
5. According to the chapter "The Roots of Anger", where does the source of anger usually reside?
(a) In negative thinking.
(b) In the situation.
(c) Within oneself.
(d) In the universe.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Mindfulness Must Be Engaged", what does Hanh remind readers of concerning the extension of mindful living from one person to the world?
2. Which techniques can help individuals heal themselves emotionally and psychologically?
3. What must be one's approach towards nature for survival?
4. How is Hanh's presence still felt in Vietnam?
5. What seeds do most individuals focus on in their lives?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)