|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 51-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What act does Hanh's teaching center around?
(a) Thoughtful praying.
(b) Selective speaking.
(c) Frequent reflecting.
(d) Conscious breathing.
2. According to Hanh, what are most individuals willing to find out about an issue?
(a) The villain who created the problem
(b) Their friends' stance on the issue.
(c) The source of the problem.
(d) The solution to the problem.
3. Which plant is used in Hanh's story about people looking for the reason why it failed to grow?
4. What term means "the essence of a person's true nature"?
5. In Hanh's analogy of viruses and antibodies, what role(s) do the negative seeds play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What becomes of a beautiful cut rose after it dies?
2. In which yoga position are the legs crossed by placing both feet on opposite knees?
3. What happens when one is cut off from nature?
4. What is the origin of a smile?
5. According to Hanh in "The River of Feelings", how many types of feelings do humans experience throughout life?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)