|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 51-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom should one feel compassion?
(a) Those who suffer and those who cause us to suffer.
(b) Only those who are truly grateful.
(c) Only those who do not cause us to suffer.
(d) Only those who suffer.
2. What facilities for gatherings does Hanh recommend for replacing the large family units?
(a) Community libraries.
(b) Public gardens.
(c) Large churches.
(d) Community centers.
3. According to the author, which rite is a wonderful practice of mindfulness that Jesus used to awaken his disciples?
(d) The Eucharist.
4. In "Conscious Breathing", which two words can be used to facilitate being mindful of breathing?
(a) Love and harmony.
(b) In and out.
(c) Inhale and exhale.
(d) Peace and joy.
5. According to Hanh, where can one meditate?
Short Answer Questions
1. What bodily process does conscious breathing slow down?
2. What becomes of a beautiful cut rose after it dies?
3. According to Hanh in "Mindfulness of Anger", what kind of problems does anger create?
4. What act does Hanh's teaching center around?
5. What is the goal of meditation?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)