|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 51-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How should individuals react to unpleasant feelings?
(a) Cling to the emotions.
(b) Ignore the emotions.
(c) Reject the emotions.
(d) Face the emotions.
2. Who smiles at the flower?
(a) H.H. the Dalai Lama.
(d) Another monk.
3. In "Conscious Breathing", which two words can be used to facilitate being mindful of breathing?
(a) Peace and joy.
(b) In and out.
(c) Inhale and exhale.
(d) Love and harmony.
4. What does Hanh consider to be one's "second heart"?
(a) The universe.
(b) The sun.
(c) One's child.
(d) One's mother.
5. After realizing that the person expressing anger has experienced abuse, illness, or a setback, what can one learn to feel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the fundamental basics of peace?
2. Which yoga position does Hanh recommend for meditation?
3. Who used mindful living in Vietnam to act on the suffering of others?
4. What technique discussed in "Cooking the Potato" transforms anger into a positive force?
5. What technique may be used to force the thought process to focus?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)