|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 51-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When we walk hurriedly, what imprints are left on the Earth?
(a) Hatred and despair.
(b) Peace and joy.
(c) Love and friendship.
(d) Anxiety and sorrow.
2. Where is Gethsemani?
(b) New York City.
(c) Louisville, Kentucky.
(d) New Delhi, India.
3. What can one use daily as a reminder to stop and breathe mindfully?
4. According to the author, when is peace present?
(a) At death.
(b) Here and now.
(c) Today and the future.
(d) At birth.
5. What is Hanh's lament in "It is a Great Joy to hold Your Grandchild"?
(a) Adult children minimize the importance of grandparents.
(b) The Western cultures do not care for the elderly properly.
(c) Grandchildren are cared for by strangers.
(d) The Western cultures do not honor the elderly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of compassion towards another who is suffering?
2. In which yoga position are the legs crossed by placing both feet on opposite knees?
3. In "Cookie of Childhood", who gives Hanh a cookie to savor?
4. According to Hanh, what is the result of realizing the present moment?
5. Who presents a smile openly without any goal?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)