|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 51-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What should mindful living not do?
(a) Intrude on others' beliefs.
(b) Insulate one from all suffering.
(c) Try to cure all suffering.
(d) Blind one from seeing real problems in the world.
2. What are the fundamental basics of peace?
(a) Health, wealth, and empathy.
(b) Love, compassion, and altruism.
(c) Health, religion, and altruism.
(d) Money, food, and shelter.
3. What community is established by Hanh a hundred miles southwest of Paris?
(a) Left Bank.
(b) Sweet Potato.
(c) Sweet Pears.
(d) Le Casserole.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 51, Hanh introduces the word interbeing. What is the meaning of this word?
(a) All things are sacred.
(b) All things exist in harmony.
(c) All things are connected.
(d) All things are sources of energy.
5. What does the author suggest using as a bell of mindfulness when driving in Paris?
(a) "Je me souviens" license plate.
(b) Stop sign.
(c) Yield sign.
(d) Car horn.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the time of this book's printing, how many square miles of forestland had been destroyed by acid rain, partly because of cars?
2. According to Hanh, what is the result of realizing the present moment?
3. Before making a phone call, what should one do?
4. In "Eating Mindfully", what is the purpose of eating?
5. Which river, supposedly, contains enough chemicals to develop photographs?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)