|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 51-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when one stops seeking benefits from life?
(a) One finds hope.
(b) One gains a better attitude.
(c) One gains available benefits.
(d) One realizes benefits do not exist.
2. In which river did the author wash his face?
(a) The Mississippi River.
(b) The Ohio River.
(c) The Nile River.
(d) The Charles River.
3. What does the author suggest using as a bell of mindfulness when driving in Paris?
(a) Car horn.
(b) Yield sign.
(c) "Je me souviens" license plate.
(d) Stop sign.
4. What must be one's approach towards nature for survival?
5. In "Mindfulness Must Be Engaged", what does Hanh remind readers of concerning the extension of mindful living from one person to the world?
(a) Mindful living is a tool that must be actively used.
(b) Mindful living is intended to create peace for one individual.
(c) Mindful living will naturally flow to the masses.
(d) Mindful living needs to reach only a few to have an effect on many.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would have prevented the tremendous amount of destruction in Vietnam?
2. What path does the atmosphere of peace travel?
3. Why is living in the present essential after experiencing negative feelings?
4. According to Hanh's "Internal Formations", what forms within one's emotional consciousness as a result of anger?
5. What can be transformed into healthy energy by recognizing that it is part of oneself?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)