|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 51-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Hanh's analogy of viruses and antibodies, what role(s) do the negative seeds play?
2. What should one do as angry feelings subside?
(a) Examine the source.
(b) Breathe consciously.
(c) Observe mindfully.
(d) Nurture the anger.
3. What do large family units provide?
(a) Acceptance of the elderly.
(b) Childcare while parents work.
(c) Less stressful environment for working parents.
(d) Safety for children of suffering parents.
4. According to the author, which rite is a wonderful practice of mindfulness that Jesus used to awaken his disciples?
(b) The Eucharist.
5. While driving, what can be used as a bell of mindfulness?
(a) A yield sign.
(b) A red light.
(c) A speed limit sign.
(d) A car horn.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Eating Mindfully", what is the purpose of eating?
2. Who is Thomas Merton?
3. Where is Gethsemani?
4. According to Hanh, what would improve the power of hugging?
5. According to "Driving Meditation", where can happiness always be found?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)