|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 34-41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the origin of a smile?
(a) An awakened mind.
(b) A peaceful heart.
(c) A loving heart.
2. In "Bells of Mindfulness", what must everyone make time for, according to Hanh?
(a) To listen to non-sounds.
(b) To enjoy bells.
(c) To pray when church bells ring.
(d) To honor all bells.
3. In "Present Moment, Wonderful Moment", where is the perfect place to practice conscious breathing?
(a) In church.
(b) In solitude.
(c) In nature.
4. What are the spiritual friends that Hanh uses on his mindfulness path?
(a) Quiet surroundings, and meditations.
(b) Dirty dishes, red lights, and traffic jams.
(c) Dirty dishes and bells.
(d) Meditations and bells.
5. In which yoga position are the legs crossed by placing both feet on opposite knees?
(a) The full lotus.
(b) The half-lotus.
(c) The full sun.
(d) The ashante.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hanh synchronize with his movements of using a scythe?
2. What organization is formed by Hanh in 1964?
3. What should one do as angry feelings subside?
4. In "Eating Mindfully", what is the purpose of eating?
5. Who/what is one never able to escape?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)