|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 34-41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story "Look into Your Hand", who told the young man to look at his hand?
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
2. Which yoga position does Hanh recommend for meditation?
(a) The full sun.
(b) The ashante.
(c) The Phoenix.
(d) The half-lotus.
3. What do non-sounds remind us to do?
(a) Breathe, smile, and care for others.
(b) Smile, acknowledge others, and live fully.
(c) Breathe, smile, and commune with nature.
(d) Breathe, smile, and live fully in the moment.
4. If one lives without awareness, who/what do the people around us become?
5. According to Hanh, what effect does watching violence on television have on an individual?
(a) It creates loneliness and desperation.
(b) It creates confusion and loneliness.
(c) It creates fear.
(d) It creates instability.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the fundamental basics of peace?
2. In "Transforming Feelings", who/what symbolizes mindfulness?
3. What are the spiritual friends that Hanh uses on his mindfulness path?
4. Which techniques can help individuals heal themselves emotionally and psychologically?
5. Why does one sometimes go for a drive unnecessarily?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)