|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 34-41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Transforming Feelings", who/what is analogous to emotion?
(a) The mother.
(d) The crying child.
2. What simple practice should one do when anger begins to rise?
3. At the time of this book's printing, how many square miles of forestland had been destroyed by acid rain, partly because of cars?
(a) Three million.
(b) One hundred thousand.
(c) Five million.
(d) Two million.
4. At the beginning of Part l, Chapter1, what gift is available to everyone upon waking up each morning?
(c) Twenty-four hours.
5. Who presents a smile openly without any goal?
(a) The Dalai Lama.
(b) A monk.
(c) A child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What act does Hanh's teaching center around?
2. According to Hanh, what happens to anger when one pounds a pillow?
3. Who is Thomas Merton?
4. What term means "the essence of a person's true nature"?
5. What is essential to productivity?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)