|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 34-41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hanh, what is the result of realizing the present moment?
(a) A chance to eradicate the past.
(b) A chance to be happy in the future.
(c) A chance to clear the mind.
(d) A chance to be happy now.
2. What does Hanh synchronize with his movements of using a scythe?
(a) His voice.
(b) His thoughts.
(c) His rest periods.
(d) His breathing.
3. In "Transforming Feelings", who/what is analogous to emotion?
(b) The mother.
(d) The crying child.
4. According to Hanh, what effect does watching violence on television have on an individual?
(a) It creates fear.
(b) It creates confusion and loneliness.
(c) It creates loneliness and desperation.
(d) It creates instability.
5. According to the author, when is peace present?
(a) Here and now.
(b) At death.
(c) Today and the future.
(d) At birth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can happen when one observes parents with compassion?
2. What happens when one mindfully recognizes anger?
3. What happens when one gets back in touch with one's self?
4. In "Flower Insights" who holds a flower before the monks?
5. In "Tangerine Meditation", who is reflecting on the tangerine's origin?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)