|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 34-41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Thomas Merton?
(a) A Catholic monk.
(b) A social advocate.
(c) A Tibetan monk.
(d) A world leader.
2. What term means "the essence of a person's true nature"?
3. What location is the birthplace of Thich Nhat Hanh?
(a) Central Vietnam.
(b) New York City.
(c) Western China.
(d) Tokyo, Japan.
4. According to Hanh, what items should be in a family meditation room?
(a) Cushions and a bell.
(b) Cushions, a candle, and a bell.
(c) Cushions, a bell, and a vase of flowers.
(d) Cushions and a vase of flowers.
5. According to Hanh, which of the following is a non-sound?
(a) A ray of sunshine.
(b) A telephone ring.
(c) A car buzzer.
(d) A falling leaf.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hanh, what is the result of realizing the present moment?
2. Why is living in the present essential after experiencing negative feelings?
3. What do positive seeds produce?
4. Which mantra during conscious breathing relaxes the body?
5. Which yoga position does Hanh recommend for meditation?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)