|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 34-41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does practicing conscious breathing unify?
(a) The mind and soul.
(b) The mind and body.
(c) The mind and emotions.
(d) The soul and body.
2. Who smiles at Buddha?
(a) The book's author.
(c) H.H. the Dalai Lama.
(d) No one.
3. According to Hanh, when must one recognize negative feelings?
(a) When one has emotional support.
(b) Before they arise.
(c) When they arise.
(d) When faced with a decision.
4. According to a poem in this section, who/what now has the poet's lost smile?
(a) The sunshine.
(b) The rose.
(c) A chirping bird.
(d) A dandelion.
5. What is Hanh's synonym for aimlessness?
Short Answer Questions
1. What must one do before answering the telephone?
2. What do negative feelings leave behind if they are not faced?
3. What kind of lighting should be in a family meditation room?
4. What does Hanh compare to windows?
5. According to Hanh in "Mindfulness of Anger", what kind of problems does anger create?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)