|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 34-41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Thomas Merton?
(a) A Catholic monk.
(b) A social advocate.
(c) A Tibetan monk.
(d) A world leader.
2. What connection is made to one's parents as one looks in a mirror?
(a) The gift of continuity passed on by one's parents.
(b) The gifts from the parents of body, mind, and spirit.
(c) The love one feels for the parents.
(d) One's own failings are similar to those of the parents.
3. What is mouth yoga?
4. According to a poem in this section, who/what now has the poet's lost smile?
(a) The sunshine.
(b) A dandelion.
(c) The rose.
(d) A chirping bird.
5. In "Cookie of Childhood", who gives Hanh a cookie to savor?
(a) His brother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hanh, which of the following is a non-sound?
2. If one lives without awareness, who/what do the people around us become?
3. What is essential to productivity?
4. Why is the red light an enemy of the driver?
5. What location is the birthplace of Thich Nhat Hanh?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)