|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 34-41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What connection is made to one's parents as one looks in a mirror?
(a) The gifts from the parents of body, mind, and spirit.
(b) The gift of continuity passed on by one's parents.
(c) The love one feels for the parents.
(d) One's own failings are similar to those of the parents.
2. According to Hanh in "Mindfulness of Anger", what kind of problems does anger create?
(a) Self-control problems.
(b) Self-esteem problems.
(c) Health problems.
(d) Relationship problems.
3. What should one do as angry feelings subside?
(a) Observe mindfully.
(b) Breathe consciously.
(c) Nurture the anger.
(d) Examine the source.
4. According to the foreword, what is the only way to bring about world peace?
(a) World peace demonstrations.
(b) Internal transformation of the individual.
(c) Education of the masses.
(d) The destruction of the atomic bomb.
5. What is Hanh remembered for at the end of the Editor's Introduction?
(a) His dedication to enlighten others.
(b) His academic journals.
(c) His contribution to the literary world.
(d) His ability to empathize with the world's poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who/what is one never able to escape?
2. What location is the birthplace of Thich Nhat Hanh?
3. In "Cookie of Childhood", who gives Hanh a cookie to savor?
4. What can one use daily as a reminder to stop and breathe mindfully?
5. According to Hanh's "Nourishing of Healthy Seeds", what are the two levels of consciousness?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)