|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 34-41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times should one breathe in and out before making a phone call?
2. In "Eating Mindfully", what is the purpose of eating?
(a) For pleasure.
(b) To eat.
(c) For nourishment.
(d) To relax.
3. What does the author suggest using as a bell of mindfulness when driving in Paris?
(a) Car horn.
(b) Stop sign.
(c) "Je me souviens" license plate.
(d) Yield sign.
4. What technique discussed in "Cooking the Potato" transforms anger into a positive force?
5. How is Hanh's presence still felt in Vietnam?
(a) Handwritten copies of his books are illegally circulated there.
(b) His contributions to peace are taught in Vietnam's schools.
(c) The Hanh Library is located in Vietnam.
(d) He visits Vietnam often to lecture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What organization is formed by Hanh in 1964?
2. Why is the red light an enemy of the driver?
3. Who is Thomas Merton?
4. What are the spiritual friends that Hanh uses on his mindfulness path?
5. Who nominates Hanh for the 1966 Nobel Prize?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)