|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 34-41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hanh, what happens to anger when one pounds a pillow?
(a) It becomes more intense.
(b) It subsides completely.
(c) It is negated.
(d) It subsides temporarily.
2. What is the background for Hanh's religious training?
3. According to Hanh, where can one meditate?
4. Why is the red light an enemy of the driver?
(a) The red light can cause accidents if drivers are not mindful.
(b) The red light causes the driver to think.
(c) The driver sees it as an obstacle to arriving.
(d) The car is polluting the environment while idling.
5. What is Hanh remembered for at the end of the Editor's Introduction?
(a) His dedication to enlighten others.
(b) His contribution to the literary world.
(c) His ability to empathize with the world's poor.
(d) His academic journals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when one mindfully recognizes anger?
2. Why is Hanh received enthusiastically in the West?
3. With whom does Hanh meet in Europe to help bring peace to Vietnam?
4. Who nominates Hanh for the 1966 Nobel Prize?
5. What location is the birthplace of Thich Nhat Hanh?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)