|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 34-41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes us to lose touch with the peace that is available each moment?
(a) Rush of modern life.
(b) Self-centered thoughts.
(c) Lack of honesty.
(d) Indifference to others.
2. According to the author, which rite is a wonderful practice of mindfulness that Jesus used to awaken his disciples?
(c) The Eucharist.
3. What technique may be used to force the thought process to focus?
(a) A mantra.
(b) Dim lighting.
(d) Nature sounds.
4. In Hanh's analogy of viruses and antibodies, what role(s) do the negative seeds play?
5. What is the origin of a smile?
(a) An awakened mind.
(b) A peaceful heart.
(c) A loving heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. When we walk hurriedly, what imprints are left on the Earth?
2. What does practicing conscious breathing unify?
3. How is Hanh's presence still felt in Vietnam?
4. What is essential to productivity?
5. According to Hanh, what happens to anger when one pounds a pillow?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)