|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 34-41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hanh's attitude towards the Western cultures' treatment of parents?
(a) He is elated.
(b) He is saddened.
(c) He is infuriated.
(d) He is tolerant.
2. What resources are used in the creation of "Peace is Every Step"?
(a) Academic journals.
(b) Hanh's personal diary and scholarly books.
(c) Hanh's lectures, writings, and conversations.
(d) .Conversations with Hanh's friends and family.
3. According to Hanh, what can break the "cycle of transmission"?
(a) Wisdom of our elders.
(b) Intense therapy.
(d) Mindful living.
4. According to Hanh's "Internal Formations", what forms within one's emotional consciousness as a result of anger?
(a) Emotional scars.
(c) Health issues.
5. What group might react strongly to Hanh's views on hope?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Tangerine Meditation", who is reflecting on the tangerine's origin?
2. What does practicing conscious breathing unify?
3. According to Hanh's story about an arguing couple, what is the first step to healing?
4. According to a poem in this section, who/what now has the poet's lost smile?
5. What technique may be used to force the thought process to focus?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)