|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 34-41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who nominates Hanh for the 1966 Nobel Prize?
(b) Martin Luther King.
(c) The Dalai Lama.
(d) Richard Nixon.
2. What are the fundamental basics of peace?
(a) Health, religion, and altruism.
(b) Health, wealth, and empathy.
(c) Love, compassion, and altruism.
(d) Money, food, and shelter.
3. What invitation does the author give to the reader at the end of the first section?
(a) To return to the present moment and find peace and joy.
(b) To ask a friend to read along, too.
(c) To begin a diary of the reader's journey.
(d) To reflect on the past.
4. What is Hanh remembered for at the end of the Editor's Introduction?
(a) His ability to empathize with the world's poor.
(b) His dedication to enlighten others.
(c) His contribution to the literary world.
(d) His academic journals.
5. How should individuals react to unpleasant feelings?
(a) Cling to the emotions.
(b) Reject the emotions.
(c) Ignore the emotions.
(d) Face the emotions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when one stops seeking benefits from life?
2. What is Hanh's synonym for aimlessness?
3. What should one do as angry feelings subside?
4. What location is the birthplace of Thich Nhat Hanh?
5. Who smiles at the flower?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)