|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 34-41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What connection is made to one's parents as one looks in a mirror?
(a) The gifts from the parents of body, mind, and spirit.
(b) The love one feels for the parents.
(c) The gift of continuity passed on by one's parents.
(d) One's own failings are similar to those of the parents.
2. Who/what is one never able to escape?
(d) One's self.
3. What body position does Hanh recommend for meditation?
(a) Sitting on the ground facing the sun.
(b) Sitting cross-legged on a cushion.
(c) Sitting upright in a chair.
(d) Lying parallel to the Earth.
4. What technique may be used to force the thought process to focus?
(a) A mantra.
(b) Nature sounds.
(d) Dim lighting.
5. According to the chapter "The Roots of Anger", where does the source of anger usually reside?
(a) In the situation.
(b) In negative thinking.
(c) In the universe.
(d) Within oneself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can one use daily as a reminder to stop and breathe mindfully?
2. What does the author suggest using as a bell of mindfulness when driving in Montreal?
3. At the beginning of Part l, Chapter1, what gift is available to everyone upon waking up each morning?
4. According to the Editor's Introduction, what method of obtaining peace is part of Thich Nhat Hanh's teachings?
5. What must one do before answering the telephone?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)