|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 34-41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What location is the birthplace of Thich Nhat Hanh?
(a) New York City.
(b) Central Vietnam.
(c) Western China.
(d) Tokyo, Japan.
2. What does Hanh synchronize with his movements of using a scythe?
(a) His rest periods.
(b) His breathing.
(c) His thoughts.
(d) His voice.
3. According to Hanh, how many rings should one allow before answering the telephone?
4. Why is Hanh received enthusiastically in the West?
(a) His continued efforts to bring peace to Vietnam.
(b) His belief in isolationism.
(c) His personal realtionships with influential leaders.
(d) His ablility to walk calmly with peace and awareness.
5. While driving, what can be used as a bell of mindfulness?
(a) A car horn.
(b) A yield sign.
(c) A speed limit sign.
(d) A red light.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Tangerine Meditation", who is reflecting on the tangerine's origin?
2. According to the chapter "The Roots of Anger", where does the source of anger usually reside?
3. What technique discussed in "Cooking the Potato" transforms anger into a positive force?
4. In "Present Moment, Wonderful Moment", where is the perfect place to practice conscious breathing?
5. Which plant is used in Hanh's story about people looking for the reason why it failed to grow?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)