|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 18-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bodily process does conscious breathing slow down?
2. What does the author suggest using as a bell of mindfulness when driving in Montreal?
(a) Car horn.
(b) "Je me souviens" license plate.
(c) Train tracks.
(d) Stop signs.
3. Who smiles at the flower?
(c) H.H. the Dalai Lama.
(d) Another monk.
4. According to Hanh's story about an arguing couple, what is the first step to healing?
(b) Respect for others.
(c) Conscious breathing.
5. What is Hanh's synonym for aimlessness?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Flower Insights" who holds a flower before the monks?
2. According to Hanh in "Aimlessness", what does the current culture promote?
3. What must one do before answering the telephone?
4. What does the author suggest using as a bell of mindfulness when driving in Paris?
5. In "Cookie of Childhood", who gives Hanh a cookie to savor?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)