|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 18-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hanh, what is the result of realizing the present moment?
(a) A chance to be happy now.
(b) A chance to clear the mind.
(c) A chance to be happy in the future.
(d) A chance to eradicate the past.
2. When we walk hurriedly, what imprints are left on the Earth?
(a) Hatred and despair.
(b) Love and friendship.
(c) Peace and joy.
(d) Anxiety and sorrow.
3. In "Present Moment, Wonderful Moment", where is the perfect place to practice conscious breathing?
(a) In nature.
(c) In church.
(d) In solitude.
4. At the beginning of Part l, Chapter1, what gift is available to everyone upon waking up each morning?
(d) Twenty-four hours.
5. Before making a phone call, what should one do?
(a) Envision the person one is calling.
(b) Breathe consciously and smile.
(c) Breathe consciously and pause.
(d) Smile and recite a mantra.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which yoga position are the legs crossed by placing both feet on opposite knees?
2. What technique may be used to force the thought process to focus?
3. Who is Thomas Merton?
4. What enables one to become a real person?
5. According to Hanh's story about an arguing couple, what is the first step to healing?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)