|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 18-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which mantra during conscious breathing relaxes the body?
(a) "Breathing in, I calm my body."
(b) "Breathing out, I smile."
(c) "Breathing in, I am happy."
(d) "Breathing out, I release the negatives."
2. What happens when one stops seeking benefits from life?
(a) One finds hope.
(b) One gains available benefits.
(c) One gains a better attitude.
(d) One realizes benefits do not exist.
3. What does Hanh synchronize with his movements of using a scythe?
(a) His voice.
(b) His breathing.
(c) His rest periods.
(d) His thoughts.
4. What does the author suggest using as a bell of mindfulness when driving in Paris?
(a) Car horn.
(b) Yield sign.
(c) Stop sign.
(d) "Je me souviens" license plate.
5. In "The Eucharist", what does one bite of bread give to each disciple?
(b) Real life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the goal of meditation?
2. While driving, what can be used as a bell of mindfulness?
3. According to Hanh in "Aimlessness", what does the current culture promote?
4. What benefits can be found only in oneself?
5. What path does the atmosphere of peace travel?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)