|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 18-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the origin of a smile?
(a) An awakened mind.
(b) A loving heart.
(d) A peaceful heart.
2. Which techniques can help individuals heal themselves emotionally and psychologically?
(a) Conscious living and breathing.
(b) Meditating and mindful living.
(c) Conscious breathing and mindful living.
(d) Conscious breathing and meditating.
3. In "Tangerine Meditation", who is reflecting on the tangerine's origin?
4. Which mantra during conscious breathing relaxes the body?
(a) "Breathing in, I calm my body."
(b) "Breathing out, I release the negatives."
(c) "Breathing out, I smile."
(d) "Breathing in, I am happy."
5. Who presents a smile openly without any goal?
(a) A monk.
(b) The Dalai Lama.
(c) A child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when one gets back in touch with one's self?
2. What does the author suggest using as a bell of mindfulness when driving in Paris?
3. What location is the birthplace of Thich Nhat Hanh?
4. Which yoga position does Hanh recommend for meditation?
5. While driving, what can be used as a bell of mindfulness?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)