|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 18-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What technique may be used to force the thought process to focus?
(a) A mantra.
(b) Dim lighting.
(d) Nature sounds.
2. Why is Hanh received enthusiastically in the West?
(a) His personal realtionships with influential leaders.
(b) His continued efforts to bring peace to Vietnam.
(c) His belief in isolationism.
(d) His ablility to walk calmly with peace and awareness.
3. What two purposes are fulfilled by washing dishes?
(a) Clean dishes and a better attitude.
(b) Clean dishes and a tidy kitchen.
(c) Clean dishes and mindful living.
(d) Clean dishes and time to daydream.
4. What benefits can be found only in oneself?
(a) Joy and peace.
(b) Love and joy.
(c) Enlightenment and peace.
(d) Peace and respect.
5. According to Hanh, what is often a barrier to happiness?
Short Answer Questions
1. What phrase is used in the Editor's Introduction to describe "Peace is Every Step"?
2. What two conscious actions should precede taking a bite of food?
3. Who nominates Hanh for the 1966 Nobel Prize?
4. Why does one sometimes go for a drive unnecessarily?
5. While driving, what can be used as a bell of mindfulness?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)