|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 18-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hanh, which of the following is a non-sound?
(a) A car buzzer.
(b) A ray of sunshine.
(c) A telephone ring.
(d) A falling leaf.
2. Which techniques can help individuals heal themselves emotionally and psychologically?
(a) Conscious breathing and mindful living.
(b) Meditating and mindful living.
(c) Conscious living and breathing.
(d) Conscious breathing and meditating.
3. According to Hanh, what is often a barrier to happiness?
4. What body position does Hanh recommend for meditation?
(a) Sitting on the ground facing the sun.
(b) Lying parallel to the Earth.
(c) Sitting upright in a chair.
(d) Sitting cross-legged on a cushion.
5. In "Eating Mindfully", what is the purpose of eating?
(a) For pleasure.
(b) For nourishment.
(c) To relax.
(d) To eat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Hanh's presence still felt in Vietnam?
2. According to Hanh, what effect does watching violence on television have on an individual?
3. What bodily process does conscious breathing slow down?
4. What does the author suggest using as a bell of mindfulness when driving in Paris?
5. What kind of lighting should be in a family meditation room?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)