|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 18-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Tangerine Meditation", who is reflecting on the tangerine's origin?
2. According to Hanh in "Aimlessness", what does the current culture promote?
(d) Constant activity.
3. What act does Hanh's teaching center around?
(a) Frequent reflecting.
(b) Thoughtful praying.
(c) Selective speaking.
(d) Conscious breathing.
4. What two purposes are fulfilled by washing dishes?
(a) Clean dishes and a tidy kitchen.
(b) Clean dishes and time to daydream.
(c) Clean dishes and a better attitude.
(d) Clean dishes and mindful living.
5. According to Hanh, what items should be in a family meditation room?
(a) Cushions and a bell.
(b) Cushions, a bell, and a vase of flowers.
(c) Cushions, a candle, and a bell.
(d) Cushions and a vase of flowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. When we walk hurriedly, what imprints are left on the Earth?
2. Where is Gethsemani?
3. If one lives without awareness, who/what do the people around us become?
4. What does practicing conscious breathing unify?
5. Which techniques can help individuals heal themselves emotionally and psychologically?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)