|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 18-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who smiles at the flower?
(b) H.H. the Dalai Lama.
(c) Another monk.
2. In "Bells of Mindfulness", what must everyone make time for, according to Hanh?
(a) To pray when church bells ring.
(b) To honor all bells.
(c) To enjoy bells.
(d) To listen to non-sounds.
3. According to Hanh, what effect does watching violence on television have on an individual?
(a) It creates loneliness and desperation.
(b) It creates confusion and loneliness.
(c) It creates fear.
(d) It creates instability.
4. In "Eating Mindfully", what is the purpose of eating?
(a) For pleasure.
(b) To eat.
(c) To relax.
(d) For nourishment.
5. At what university did Hanh tell the teachers and students to pause after a bell sounds?
(a) Harvard University.
(b) University of California.
(c) McGill University.
(d) University of Colorado.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hanh remembered for at the end of the Editor's Introduction?
2. Who presents a smile openly without any goal?
3. What does the author suggest using as a bell of mindfulness when driving in Montreal?
4. According to Hanh, for what should one NOT use meditation?
5. In "Cookie of Childhood", who gives Hanh a cookie to savor?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)