|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 18-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who/what is one never able to escape?
(b) One's self.
2. What does the author suggest using as a bell of mindfulness when driving in Paris?
(a) Stop sign.
(b) Car horn.
(c) Yield sign.
(d) "Je me souviens" license plate.
3. In "Bells of Mindfulness", what must everyone make time for, according to Hanh?
(a) To pray when church bells ring.
(b) To enjoy bells.
(c) To honor all bells.
(d) To listen to non-sounds.
4. Which yoga position does Hanh recommend for meditation?
(a) The full sun.
(b) The ashante.
(c) The half-lotus.
(d) The Phoenix.
5. What must one do before answering the telephone?
(a) Clear their throat.
(b) Count to ten.
(d) Recite a mantra.
Short Answer Questions
1. What path does the atmosphere of peace travel?
2. Why is Hanh received enthusiastically in the West?
3. According to Hanh, what is the result of realizing the present moment?
4. According to Hanh, what items should be in a family meditation room?
5. What happens when one stops seeking benefits from life?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)