|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 18-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Eucharist", what does one bite of bread give to each disciple?
(c) Real life.
2. What act does Hanh's teaching center around?
(a) Conscious breathing.
(b) Selective speaking.
(c) Frequent reflecting.
(d) Thoughtful praying.
3. What does practicing conscious breathing unify?
(a) The mind and body.
(b) The mind and soul.
(c) The soul and body.
(d) The mind and emotions.
4. What technique may be used to force the thought process to focus?
(a) A mantra.
(b) Nature sounds.
(d) Dim lighting.
5. What benefits can be found only in oneself?
(a) Joy and peace.
(b) Enlightenment and peace.
(c) Love and joy.
(d) Peace and respect.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Conscious Breathing", which two words can be used to facilitate being mindful of breathing?
2. According to Hanh, what is the result of realizing the present moment?
3. What is the background for Hanh's religious training?
4. What is the goal of meditation?
5. What organization is formed by Hanh in 1964?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)