|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 18-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hanh compare to windows?
2. Why is Hanh received enthusiastically in the West?
(a) His personal realtionships with influential leaders.
(b) His ablility to walk calmly with peace and awareness.
(c) His belief in isolationism.
(d) His continued efforts to bring peace to Vietnam.
3. In "Flower Insights" who holds a flower before the monks?
(a) H.H. the Dalai Lama.
(b) The book's author.
4. In "Bells of Mindfulness", what must everyone make time for, according to Hanh?
(a) To enjoy bells.
(b) To honor all bells.
(c) To listen to non-sounds.
(d) To pray when church bells ring.
5. What happens when one gets back in touch with one's self?
(a) Problems seem less worrisome.
(b) Life's present moment is more easily encountered.
(c) Selfish attitudes cease to exist.
(d) A positive attitude evolves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who/what is one never able to escape?
2. According to Hanh, what is the result of realizing the present moment?
3. What community is established by Hanh a hundred miles southwest of Paris?
4. Who nominates Hanh for the 1966 Nobel Prize?
5. According to Hanh, what effect does watching violence on television have on an individual?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)