|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 18-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hanh's synonym for aimlessness?
2. Who was the first monk to ride a bicycle in Vietnam?
(a) Nhat Hanh Nguyen.
(b) H.H. the Dalai Lama.
(c) Thich Nhat Hanh.
(d) Thich Nguyen.
3. What resources are used in the creation of "Peace is Every Step"?
(a) Hanh's lectures, writings, and conversations.
(b) Academic journals.
(c) .Conversations with Hanh's friends and family.
(d) Hanh's personal diary and scholarly books.
4. What is Gethsemani?
(a) A monastery.
(b) A college.
(c) A sacred rock.
(d) An isolated forest.
5. What causes us to lose touch with the peace that is available each moment?
(a) Self-centered thoughts.
(b) Indifference to others.
(c) Rush of modern life.
(d) Lack of honesty.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hanh, what is the result of realizing the present moment?
2. Where is Gethsemani?
3. What does the author suggest using as a bell of mindfulness when driving in Montreal?
4. What benefits can be found only in oneself?
5. What are the spiritual friends that Hanh uses on his mindfulness path?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)