|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 18-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hanh, which of the following is a non-sound?
(a) A falling leaf.
(b) A car buzzer.
(c) A telephone ring.
(d) A ray of sunshine.
2. According to the author, when is peace present?
(a) Today and the future.
(b) At birth.
(c) Here and now.
(d) At death.
3. What two purposes are fulfilled by washing dishes?
(a) Clean dishes and time to daydream.
(b) Clean dishes and mindful living.
(c) Clean dishes and a better attitude.
(d) Clean dishes and a tidy kitchen.
4. What is the goal of meditation?
(a) Purification during stressful times.
(b) Purification during meditation.
(c) Purification during meditation and throughout the day.
(d) Purification throughout the day.
5. What becomes available when we quiet our distracted thinking?
(a) Peace and happiness.
(b) Patience and kindness.
(c) Love and health.
(d) Contentment and security.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hanh, what is often a barrier to happiness?
2. Which mantra during conscious breathing relaxes the body?
3. According to Hanh, what is the result of realizing the present moment?
4. According to Hanh, where can one meditate?
5. What resources are used in the creation of "Peace is Every Step"?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)