|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 18-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When we walk hurriedly, what imprints are left on the Earth?
(a) Peace and joy.
(b) Anxiety and sorrow.
(c) Love and friendship.
(d) Hatred and despair.
2. What does Hanh compare to windows?
3. What is Hanh remembered for at the end of the Editor's Introduction?
(a) His dedication to enlighten others.
(b) His academic journals.
(c) His ability to empathize with the world's poor.
(d) His contribution to the literary world.
4. While driving, what can be used as a bell of mindfulness?
(a) A red light.
(b) A speed limit sign.
(c) A car horn.
(d) A yield sign.
5. Which mantra during conscious breathing relaxes the body?
(a) "Breathing out, I smile."
(b) "Breathing out, I release the negatives."
(c) "Breathing in, I calm my body."
(d) "Breathing in, I am happy."
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes us to lose touch with the peace that is available each moment?
2. What technique may be used to force the thought process to focus?
3. According to a poem in this section, who/what now has the poet's lost smile?
4. What community is established by Hanh a hundred miles southwest of Paris?
5. What resources are used in the creation of "Peace is Every Step"?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)