|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 18-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hanh, what is often a barrier to happiness?
2. According to Hanh in "Aimlessness", what does the current culture promote?
(b) Constant activity.
3. What happens when one stops seeking benefits from life?
(a) One gains available benefits.
(b) One realizes benefits do not exist.
(c) One finds hope.
(d) One gains a better attitude.
4. How is Hanh's presence still felt in Vietnam?
(a) He visits Vietnam often to lecture.
(b) Handwritten copies of his books are illegally circulated there.
(c) His contributions to peace are taught in Vietnam's schools.
(d) The Hanh Library is located in Vietnam.
5. What technique may be used to force the thought process to focus?
(a) Nature sounds.
(b) Dim lighting.
(d) A mantra.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Hanh received enthusiastically in the West?
2. What is Gethsemani?
3. What kind of lighting should be in a family meditation room?
4. Which yoga position does Hanh recommend for meditation?
5. What two conscious actions should precede taking a bite of food?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)