|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 18-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What body position does Hanh recommend for meditation?
(a) Sitting cross-legged on a cushion.
(b) Sitting upright in a chair.
(c) Lying parallel to the Earth.
(d) Sitting on the ground facing the sun.
2. What phrase is used in the Editor's Introduction to describe "Peace is Every Step"?
(a) Book of reminders.
(b) Life's handbook for peace.
(c) Book of peace.
(d) Joyful book art.
3. What does practicing conscious breathing unify?
(a) The mind and body.
(b) The soul and body.
(c) The mind and emotions.
(d) The mind and soul.
4. Who presents a smile openly without any goal?
(b) A child.
(c) A monk.
(d) The Dalai Lama.
5. What is mouth yoga?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the fundamental basics of peace?
2. What can one use daily as a reminder to stop and breathe mindfully?
3. What is Hanh's synonym for aimlessness?
4. With whom does Hanh meet in Europe to help bring peace to Vietnam?
5. Where is Gethsemani?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)