|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 59-71.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hanh, what is the relationship of the leaf to the tree?
(a) The leaf is the tree's soul.
(b) The leaf is the tree's smile.
(c) The leaf is the tree's mother.
(d) The leaf is the tree's decoration.
2. What is the Buddhist term for understanding completely?
3. What invitation does the author give to the reader at the end of the first section?
(a) To ask a friend to read along, too.
(b) To reflect on the past.
(c) To return to the present moment and find peace and joy.
(d) To begin a diary of the reader's journey.
4. What does the author suggest using as a bell of mindfulness when driving in Montreal?
(a) Train tracks.
(b) Car horn.
(c) "Je me souviens" license plate.
(d) Stop signs.
5. How can one encourage the government to make decisions that encourage peace?
(a) By voting for the most educated candidate.
(b) By living responsibly.
(c) By openly opposing war.
(d) By writing one's congressman.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Eating Mindfully", what is the purpose of eating?
2. What act does Hanh's teaching center around?
3. What two purposes are fulfilled by washing dishes?
4. What is available to one in every moment?
5. What can be used as compost for flowers of the twenty-first century?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)