|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 18-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who smiles at the flower?
(c) H.H. the Dalai Lama.
(d) Another monk.
2. What is often forgotten when one approaches life with a constant goal in mind?
(b) Mindful living.
(c) Important relationships.
3. How is Hanh's presence still felt in Vietnam?
(a) His contributions to peace are taught in Vietnam's schools.
(b) He visits Vietnam often to lecture.
(c) Handwritten copies of his books are illegally circulated there.
(d) The Hanh Library is located in Vietnam.
4. Which mantra during conscious breathing relaxes the body?
(a) "Breathing in, I calm my body."
(b) "Breathing out, I release the negatives."
(c) "Breathing in, I am happy."
(d) "Breathing out, I smile."
5. What happens when one stops seeking benefits from life?
(a) One gains a better attitude.
(b) One realizes benefits do not exist.
(c) One finds hope.
(d) One gains available benefits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the origin of a smile?
2. Who is Thomas Merton?
3. Which techniques can help individuals heal themselves emotionally and psychologically?
4. What invitation does the author give to the reader at the end of the first section?
5. What is the goal of meditation?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)