|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what university did Hanh tell the teachers and students to pause after a bell sounds?
(a) University of Colorado.
(b) University of California.
(c) McGill University.
(d) Harvard University.
2. What body position does Hanh recommend for meditation?
(a) Sitting cross-legged on a cushion.
(b) Lying parallel to the Earth.
(c) Sitting on the ground facing the sun.
(d) Sitting upright in a chair.
3. Who nominates Hanh for the 1966 Nobel Prize?
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) The Dalai Lama.
(d) Martin Luther King.
4. According to Hanh, where can one meditate?
5. What does Hanh compare to windows?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the background for Hanh's religious training?
2. According to the Editor's Introduction, what method of obtaining peace is part of Thich Nhat Hanh's teachings?
3. What do non-sounds remind us to do?
4. Why is Hanh received enthusiastically in the West?
5. What technique may be used to force the thought process to focus?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)