|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 26-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Part l, Chapter1, what gift is available to everyone upon waking up each morning?
(a) Twenty-four hours.
2. What are the spiritual friends that Hanh uses on his mindfulness path?
(a) Dirty dishes and bells.
(b) Quiet surroundings, and meditations.
(c) Meditations and bells.
(d) Dirty dishes, red lights, and traffic jams.
3. What does Hanh synchronize with his movements of using a scythe?
(a) His thoughts.
(b) His breathing.
(c) His voice.
(d) His rest periods.
4. What is essential to productivity?
(a) Linking the mind and body.
(b) Quick thinking.
(d) Nimble body movements.
5. According to Hanh, how many rings should one allow before answering the telephone?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hanh in "Mindfulness of Anger", what kind of problems does anger create?
2. What is mouth yoga?
3. According to the Editor's Introduction, what method of obtaining peace is part of Thich Nhat Hanh's teachings?
4. In "Tangerine Meditation", who is reflecting on the tangerine's origin?
5. How is Hanh's presence still felt in Vietnam?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)