|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 26-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author suggest using as a bell of mindfulness when driving in Montreal?
(a) Car horn.
(b) "Je me souviens" license plate.
(c) Stop signs.
(d) Train tracks.
2. What body position does Hanh recommend for meditation?
(a) Sitting cross-legged on a cushion.
(b) Sitting on the ground facing the sun.
(c) Lying parallel to the Earth.
(d) Sitting upright in a chair.
3. According to Hanh in "Mindfulness of Anger", what kind of problems does anger create?
(a) Self-esteem problems.
(b) Self-control problems.
(c) Relationship problems.
(d) Health problems.
4. Which mantra during conscious breathing relaxes the body?
(a) "Breathing out, I release the negatives."
(b) "Breathing in, I am happy."
(c) "Breathing out, I smile."
(d) "Breathing in, I calm my body."
5. Why is the red light an enemy of the driver?
(a) The red light can cause accidents if drivers are not mindful.
(b) The car is polluting the environment while idling.
(c) The red light causes the driver to think.
(d) The driver sees it as an obstacle to arriving.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bodily process does conscious breathing slow down?
2. What are the spiritual friends that Hanh uses on his mindfulness path?
3. What is the goal of meditation?
4. Who presents a smile openly without any goal?
5. In "Transforming Feelings", who/what is analogous to emotion?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)