|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 26-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Hanh's presence still felt in Vietnam?
(a) Handwritten copies of his books are illegally circulated there.
(b) The Hanh Library is located in Vietnam.
(c) His contributions to peace are taught in Vietnam's schools.
(d) He visits Vietnam often to lecture.
2. Which techniques can help individuals heal themselves emotionally and psychologically?
(a) Conscious breathing and mindful living.
(b) Conscious living and breathing.
(c) Meditating and mindful living.
(d) Conscious breathing and meditating.
3. What bodily process does conscious breathing slow down?
4. Who smiles at Buddha?
(a) No one.
(b) The book's author.
(d) H.H. the Dalai Lama.
5. What technique may be used to force the thought process to focus?
(a) Dim lighting.
(b) A mantra.
(c) Nature sounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. After realizing that the person expressing anger has experienced abuse, illness, or a setback, what can one learn to feel?
2. Why is Hanh received enthusiastically in the West?
3. What two conscious actions should precede taking a bite of food?
4. What is mouth yoga?
5. Who presents a smile openly without any goal?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)