|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 26-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What body position does Hanh recommend for meditation?
(a) Sitting cross-legged on a cushion.
(b) Sitting upright in a chair.
(c) Sitting on the ground facing the sun.
(d) Lying parallel to the Earth.
2. In "Cookie of Childhood", who gives Hanh a cookie to savor?
(a) His friend.
(b) His mother.
(c) His brother.
(d) His grandmother.
3. What is the origin of a smile?
(a) A peaceful heart.
(b) An awakened mind.
(d) A loving heart.
4. In which yoga position are the legs crossed by placing both feet on opposite knees?
(a) The full sun.
(b) The ashante.
(c) The half-lotus.
(d) The full lotus.
5. Where is Gethsemani?
(a) New York City.
(c) New Delhi, India.
(d) Louisville, Kentucky.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hanh, which of the following is a non-sound?
2. Who is Thomas Merton?
3. In "Conscious Breathing", which two words can be used to facilitate being mindful of breathing?
4. What group might react strongly to Hanh's views on hope?
5. Who smiles at Buddha?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)