|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 26-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who/what is one never able to escape?
(b) One's self.
2. Who was the first monk to ride a bicycle in Vietnam?
(a) H.H. the Dalai Lama.
(b) Thich Nguyen.
(c) Nhat Hanh Nguyen.
(d) Thich Nhat Hanh.
3. Who nominates Hanh for the 1966 Nobel Prize?
(a) The Dalai Lama.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) Martin Luther King.
4. Who smiles at the flower?
(a) Another monk.
(b) H.H. the Dalai Lama.
5. What does the author suggest using as a bell of mindfulness when driving in Montreal?
(a) Car horn.
(b) "Je me souviens" license plate.
(c) Train tracks.
(d) Stop signs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two purposes are fulfilled by washing dishes?
2. What causes us to lose touch with the peace that is available each moment?
3. What is the goal of meditation?
4. Who is Thomas Merton?
5. According to the foreword, what is the only way to bring about world peace?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)