|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 26-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, which rite is a wonderful practice of mindfulness that Jesus used to awaken his disciples?
(d) The Eucharist.
2. What organization is formed by Hanh in 1964?
(a) The Salvation Army.
(b) The School for Social Awareness.
(c) The little Peace Corps.
3. What can be transformed into healthy energy by recognizing that it is part of oneself?
(b) Pleasant emotions.
(c) Neutral emotions.
(d) Unpleasant emotions.
4. What bodily process does conscious breathing slow down?
5. What technique discussed in "Cooking the Potato" transforms anger into a positive force?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hanh, what happens to anger when one pounds a pillow?
2. Who was the first monk to ride a bicycle in Vietnam?
3. According to Hanh, what effect does watching violence on television have on an individual?
4. When we walk hurriedly, what imprints are left on the Earth?
5. According to Hanh in "The River of Feelings", how many types of feelings do humans experience throughout life?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)