|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 26-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What should a driver do when caught by a stop light?
(a) Listen to music.
(b) Meditate on yesterday's trip.
(c) Think about the destination.
(d) Sit back and smile.
2. What is Hanh remembered for at the end of the Editor's Introduction?
(a) His contribution to the literary world.
(b) His dedication to enlighten others.
(c) His academic journals.
(d) His ability to empathize with the world's poor.
3. What becomes available when we quiet our distracted thinking?
(a) Peace and happiness.
(b) Love and health.
(c) Contentment and security.
(d) Patience and kindness.
4. According to Hanh, what items should be in a family meditation room?
(a) Cushions, a candle, and a bell.
(b) Cushions and a bell.
(c) Cushions, a bell, and a vase of flowers.
(d) Cushions and a vase of flowers.
5. Who is Thomas Merton?
(a) A Catholic monk.
(b) A world leader.
(c) A Tibetan monk.
(d) A social advocate.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Hanh meet in Europe to help bring peace to Vietnam?
2. According to Hanh, which of the following are feelings that are experienced by humans during life?
3. What does the author suggest using as a bell of mindfulness when driving in Montreal?
4. According to Hanh in "The River of Feelings", how many types of feelings do humans experience throughout life?
5. What two purposes are fulfilled by washing dishes?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)