|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 26-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who presents a smile openly without any goal?
(a) The Dalai Lama.
(b) A monk.
(d) A child.
2. How should individuals react to unpleasant feelings?
(a) Ignore the emotions.
(b) Reject the emotions.
(c) Cling to the emotions.
(d) Face the emotions.
3. According to the author, which rite is a wonderful practice of mindfulness that Jesus used to awaken his disciples?
(d) The Eucharist.
4. According to Hanh in "Mindfulness of Anger", what kind of problems does anger create?
(a) Self-control problems.
(b) Self-esteem problems.
(c) Relationship problems.
(d) Health problems.
5. According to Hanh, what effect does watching violence on television have on an individual?
(a) It creates fear.
(b) It creates loneliness and desperation.
(c) It creates instability.
(d) It creates confusion and loneliness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What location is the birthplace of Thich Nhat Hanh?
2. What becomes available when we quiet our distracted thinking?
3. How many times should one breathe in and out before making a phone call?
4. What is Hanh's synonym for aimlessness?
5. According to Hanh, which of the following is a non-sound?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)