|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 26-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Conscious Breathing", which two words can be used to facilitate being mindful of breathing?
(a) Inhale and exhale.
(b) Peace and joy.
(c) Love and harmony.
(d) In and out.
2. What does the author suggest using as a bell of mindfulness when driving in Paris?
(a) "Je me souviens" license plate.
(b) Stop sign.
(c) Yield sign.
(d) Car horn.
3. What should one do as angry feelings subside?
(a) Nurture the anger.
(b) Observe mindfully.
(c) Breathe consciously.
(d) Examine the source.
4. How is Hanh's presence still felt in Vietnam?
(a) The Hanh Library is located in Vietnam.
(b) Handwritten copies of his books are illegally circulated there.
(c) He visits Vietnam often to lecture.
(d) His contributions to peace are taught in Vietnam's schools.
5. Why is Hanh received enthusiastically in the West?
(a) His belief in isolationism.
(b) His personal realtionships with influential leaders.
(c) His continued efforts to bring peace to Vietnam.
(d) His ablility to walk calmly with peace and awareness.
Short Answer Questions
1. After realizing that the person expressing anger has experienced abuse, illness, or a setback, what can one learn to feel?
2. What two purposes are fulfilled by washing dishes?
3. What simple practice should one do when anger begins to rise?
4. Who is Thomas Merton?
5. What kind of lighting should be in a family meditation room?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)