|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 26-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author suggest using as a bell of mindfulness when driving in Paris?
(a) Yield sign.
(b) Stop sign.
(c) Car horn.
(d) "Je me souviens" license plate.
2. With whom does Hanh meet in Europe to help bring peace to Vietnam?
(a) Robert McNamara.
(b) The Dalai Lama.
(c) Pope Paul VI.
(d) President Kennedy.
3. What simple practice should one do when anger begins to rise?
4. According to Hanh's story about an arguing couple, what is the first step to healing?
(b) Conscious breathing.
(c) Respect for others.
5. What is Hanh remembered for at the end of the Editor's Introduction?
(a) His dedication to enlighten others.
(b) His academic journals.
(c) His ability to empathize with the world's poor.
(d) His contribution to the literary world.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hanh, when must one recognize negative feelings?
2. According to the author, which rite is a wonderful practice of mindfulness that Jesus used to awaken his disciples?
3. What two purposes are fulfilled by washing dishes?
4. Which yoga position does Hanh recommend for meditation?
5. Why is Hanh received enthusiastically in the West?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)