|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 26-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can one find peace and love when feeling angry?
(a) By recognizing anger as a source of positive energy.
(b) By ignoring the anger.
(c) By acting on the feeling of anger.
(d) By recognizing that anger is fleeting.
2. According to Hanh, what happens to anger when one pounds a pillow?
(a) It subsides completely.
(b) It becomes more intense.
(c) It is negated.
(d) It subsides temporarily.
3. What benefits can be found only in oneself?
(a) Peace and respect.
(b) Joy and peace.
(c) Love and joy.
(d) Enlightenment and peace.
4. What causes us to lose touch with the peace that is available each moment?
(a) Indifference to others.
(b) Lack of honesty.
(c) Self-centered thoughts.
(d) Rush of modern life.
5. What two conscious actions should precede taking a bite of food?
(a) Pausing, then smelling the food's aroma.
(b) Breathing and smiling.
(c) Saying grace and smiling.
(d) Sitting down, then closing one's eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which mantra during conscious breathing relaxes the body?
2. What is the origin of a smile?
3. Why is the red light an enemy of the driver?
4. Who is Thomas Merton?
5. In "Tangerine Meditation", who is reflecting on the tangerine's origin?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)