|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 26-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does practicing conscious breathing unify?
(a) The soul and body.
(b) The mind and emotions.
(c) The mind and soul.
(d) The mind and body.
2. In which yoga position are the legs crossed by placing both feet on opposite knees?
(a) The ashante.
(b) The full lotus.
(c) The full sun.
(d) The half-lotus.
3. What becomes available when we quiet our distracted thinking?
(a) Contentment and security.
(b) Love and health.
(c) Patience and kindness.
(d) Peace and happiness.
4. What act does Hanh's teaching center around?
(a) Conscious breathing.
(b) Selective speaking.
(c) Frequent reflecting.
(d) Thoughtful praying.
5. According to Hanh, which of the following is a non-sound?
(a) A car buzzer.
(b) A falling leaf.
(c) A ray of sunshine.
(d) A telephone ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times should one breathe in and out before making a phone call?
2. What benefits can be found only in oneself?
3. What does the author suggest using as a bell of mindfulness when driving in Montreal?
4. What two conscious actions should precede taking a bite of food?
5. What do non-sounds remind us to do?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)