|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 26-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the background for Hanh's religious training?
2. What benefits can be found only in oneself?
(a) Love and joy.
(b) Peace and respect.
(c) Joy and peace.
(d) Enlightenment and peace.
3. With whom does Hanh meet in Europe to help bring peace to Vietnam?
(a) Pope Paul VI.
(b) Robert McNamara.
(c) The Dalai Lama.
(d) President Kennedy.
4. Why is the red light an enemy of the driver?
(a) The driver sees it as an obstacle to arriving.
(b) The red light causes the driver to think.
(c) The red light can cause accidents if drivers are not mindful.
(d) The car is polluting the environment while idling.
5. What does the author suggest using as a bell of mindfulness when driving in Montreal?
(a) Stop signs.
(b) Car horn.
(c) "Je me souviens" license plate.
(d) Train tracks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hanh's synonym for aimlessness?
2. According to Hanh in "Mindfulness of Anger", what kind of problems does anger create?
3. According to Hanh, what happens to anger when one pounds a pillow?
4. In "Eating Mindfully", what is the purpose of eating?
5. What is essential to productivity?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)