|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 26-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What benefits can be found only in oneself?
(a) Enlightenment and peace.
(b) Joy and peace.
(c) Peace and respect.
(d) Love and joy.
2. What location is the birthplace of Thich Nhat Hanh?
(a) Central Vietnam.
(b) Tokyo, Japan.
(c) Western China.
(d) New York City.
3. According to Hanh, what are most individuals willing to find out about an issue?
(a) The source of the problem.
(b) The villain who created the problem
(c) Their friends' stance on the issue.
(d) The solution to the problem.
4. What act does Hanh's teaching center around?
(a) Frequent reflecting.
(b) Selective speaking.
(c) Conscious breathing.
(d) Thoughtful praying.
5. What enables one to become a real person?
(a) Greeting others.
(b) Smiling at others.
(c) Practicing mindfulness.
(d) Studying the classics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How can one find peace and love when feeling angry?
2. According to Hanh in "Aimlessness", what does the current culture promote?
3. What technique may be used to force the thought process to focus?
4. Where is Gethsemani?
5. According to Hanh, what effect does watching violence on television have on an individual?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)