|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 26-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What phrase is used in the Editor's Introduction to describe "Peace is Every Step"?
(a) Book of peace.
(b) Life's handbook for peace.
(c) Joyful book art.
(d) Book of reminders.
2. In "Transforming Feelings", who/what symbolizes mindfulness?
(a) The mother.
(b) The crying child.
(d) The reader.
3. Why is the red light an enemy of the driver?
(a) The driver sees it as an obstacle to arriving.
(b) The red light causes the driver to think.
(c) The car is polluting the environment while idling.
(d) The red light can cause accidents if drivers are not mindful.
4. What should a driver do when caught by a stop light?
(a) Meditate on yesterday's trip.
(b) Think about the destination.
(c) Listen to music.
(d) Sit back and smile.
5. What simple practice should one do when anger begins to rise?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Eating Mindfully", what is the purpose of eating?
2. What act does Hanh's teaching center around?
3. What are the spiritual friends that Hanh uses on his mindfulness path?
4. According to the author, when is peace present?
5. At the time of this book's printing, how many square miles of forestland had been destroyed by acid rain, partly because of cars?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)