|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 26-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, when is peace present?
(a) At birth.
(b) Here and now.
(c) Today and the future.
(d) At death.
2. While driving, what can be used as a bell of mindfulness?
(a) A speed limit sign.
(b) A yield sign.
(c) A car horn.
(d) A red light.
3. Which mantra during conscious breathing relaxes the body?
(a) "Breathing out, I release the negatives."
(b) "Breathing in, I calm my body."
(c) "Breathing in, I am happy."
(d) "Breathing out, I smile."
4. Which techniques can help individuals heal themselves emotionally and psychologically?
(a) Conscious breathing and meditating.
(b) Conscious living and breathing.
(c) Conscious breathing and mindful living.
(d) Meditating and mindful living.
5. What two purposes are fulfilled by washing dishes?
(a) Clean dishes and time to daydream.
(b) Clean dishes and mindful living.
(c) Clean dishes and a tidy kitchen.
(d) Clean dishes and a better attitude.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which yoga position are the legs crossed by placing both feet on opposite knees?
2. What are the spiritual friends that Hanh uses on his mindfulness path?
3. In "Transforming Feelings", who/what symbolizes mindfulness?
4. According to Hanh, what effect does watching violence on television have on an individual?
5. What is Gethsemani?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)