|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 26-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the foreword, what is the only way to bring about world peace?
(a) Internal transformation of the individual.
(b) The destruction of the atomic bomb.
(c) World peace demonstrations.
(d) Education of the masses.
2. What happens when one mindfully recognizes anger?
(a) Anger changes to a solution.
(b) Anger loses its power.
(c) Anger changes to love.
(d) Anger changes to compassion.
3. At the time of this book's printing, how many square miles of forestland had been destroyed by acid rain, partly because of cars?
(a) Three million.
(b) Two million.
(c) One hundred thousand.
(d) Five million.
4. Which yoga position does Hanh recommend for meditation?
(a) The ashante.
(b) The full sun.
(c) The half-lotus.
(d) The Phoenix.
5. What community is established by Hanh a hundred miles southwest of Paris?
(a) Sweet Pears.
(b) Le Casserole.
(c) Sweet Potato.
(d) Left Bank.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hanh, what items should be in a family meditation room?
2. What are the fundamental basics of peace?
3. In "Eating Mindfully", what is the purpose of eating?
4. According to Hanh, how many rings should one allow before answering the telephone?
5. According to Hanh in "Mindfulness of Anger", what kind of problems does anger create?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)