|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 26-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What organization is formed by Hanh in 1964?
(a) The School for Social Awareness.
(c) The Salvation Army.
(d) The little Peace Corps.
2. How can one find peace and love when feeling angry?
(a) By recognizing that anger is fleeting.
(b) By acting on the feeling of anger.
(c) By recognizing anger as a source of positive energy.
(d) By ignoring the anger.
3. According to the author, when is peace present?
(a) Today and the future.
(b) At birth.
(c) Here and now.
(d) At death.
4. What location is the birthplace of Thich Nhat Hanh?
(a) Tokyo, Japan.
(b) Western China.
(c) New York City.
(d) Central Vietnam.
5. What body position does Hanh recommend for meditation?
(a) Sitting cross-legged on a cushion.
(b) Sitting upright in a chair.
(c) Sitting on the ground facing the sun.
(d) Lying parallel to the Earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is often forgotten when one approaches life with a constant goal in mind?
2. What phrase is used in the Editor's Introduction to describe "Peace is Every Step"?
3. Why is the red light an enemy of the driver?
4. What bodily process does conscious breathing slow down?
5. In "Transforming Feelings", who/what symbolizes mindfulness?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)