Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 26-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when one mindfully recognizes anger?
(a) Anger changes to love.
(b) Anger changes to a solution.
(c) Anger loses its power.
(d) Anger changes to compassion.
2. According to Hanh in "The River of Feelings", how many types of feelings do humans experience throughout life?
(c) Infinitely many.
3. What act does Hanh's teaching center around?
(a) Selective speaking.
(b) Thoughtful praying.
(c) Frequent reflecting.
(d) Conscious breathing.
4. In which yoga position are the legs crossed by placing both feet on opposite knees?
(a) The ashante.
(b) The full sun.
(c) The half-lotus.
(d) The full lotus.
5. In "Transforming Feelings", who/what symbolizes mindfulness?
(a) The mother.
(c) The crying child.
(d) The reader.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Present Moment, Wonderful Moment", where is the perfect place to practice conscious breathing?
2. Where is Gethsemani?
3. Which mantra during conscious breathing relaxes the body?
4. After realizing that the person expressing anger has experienced abuse, illness, or a setback, what can one learn to feel?
5. According to Hanh's story about an arguing couple, what is the first step to healing?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)