|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 42-50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two conscious actions should precede taking a bite of food?
(a) Breathing and smiling.
(b) Sitting down, then closing one's eyes.
(c) Pausing, then smelling the food's aroma.
(d) Saying grace and smiling.
2. According to Hanh, what would improve the power of hugging?
(a) Combining hugging with a smile.
(b) Hugging only when the feeling is genuine.
(c) Combining hugging with mindful breathing.
(d) Hugging only when the feeling is shared.
3. According to Hanh, what are most individuals willing to find out about an issue?
(a) The villain who created the problem
(b) The solution to the problem.
(c) Their friends' stance on the issue.
(d) The source of the problem.
4. According to "Driving Meditation", where can happiness always be found?
(a) In the present moment.
(b) While driving.
(c) Within oneself.
(d) In nature.
5. For whom should one feel compassion?
(a) Only those who are truly grateful.
(b) Those who suffer and those who cause us to suffer.
(c) Only those who suffer.
(d) Only those who do not cause us to suffer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What simple practice should one do when anger begins to rise?
2. Why is the red light an enemy of the driver?
3. Which of these is NOT a component for the extension of mindful living into the world?
4. What should mindful living not do?
5. In "Cookie of Childhood", who gives Hanh a cookie to savor?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)