|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 42-50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must one do before answering the telephone?
(a) Recite a mantra.
(b) Count to ten.
(d) Clear their throat.
2. How many times should one breathe in and out before making a phone call?
3. In "Mindfulness Must Be Engaged", what does Hanh remind readers of concerning the extension of mindful living from one person to the world?
(a) Mindful living needs to reach only a few to have an effect on many.
(b) Mindful living is intended to create peace for one individual.
(c) Mindful living will naturally flow to the masses.
(d) Mindful living is a tool that must be actively used.
4. How should individuals react to unpleasant feelings?
(a) Cling to the emotions.
(b) Ignore the emotions.
(c) Face the emotions.
(d) Reject the emotions.
5. According to Hanh, what would improve the power of hugging?
(a) Combining hugging with a smile.
(b) Hugging only when the feeling is genuine.
(c) Hugging only when the feeling is shared.
(d) Combining hugging with mindful breathing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do large family units provide?
2. What does the author suggest using as a bell of mindfulness when driving in Paris?
3. What is Hanh's definition of compassion?
4. According to Hanh, what happens to anger when one pounds a pillow?
5. What technique discussed in "Cooking the Potato" transforms anger into a positive force?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)