|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 42-50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What should one do as angry feelings subside?
(a) Examine the source.
(b) Observe mindfully.
(c) Breathe consciously.
(d) Nurture the anger.
2. Why does one sometimes go for a drive unnecessarily?
(a) To escape oneself.
(b) To quiet the bells.
(c) To enjoy nature.
(d) To maintain the car.
3. What are most individuals unwilling to do about an issue?
(a) Forget their unpleasant feelings.
(b) Admit their role in the issue.
(c) Change the situation to solve the problem.
(d) Not blame others for the problem.
4. What three concepts can be included in family life that will promote inner peace?
(a) Reading rooms, family altar, and mindful dinners.
(b) Meditation sessions, meditation rooms, and mindful dinners.
(c) Breathing room, media room, and mindful dinners.
(d) Music room, reading room, and conscious breathing.
5. What should mindful living not do?
(a) Intrude on others' beliefs.
(b) Insulate one from all suffering.
(c) Blind one from seeing real problems in the world.
(d) Try to cure all suffering.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do large family units provide?
2. According to Hanh, when must one recognize negative feelings?
3. According to the author, which rite is a wonderful practice of mindfulness that Jesus used to awaken his disciples?
4. What gift does holding a grandchild give to the grandparent?
5. What is Hanh's definition of compassion?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)