|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 42-50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hanh's attitude towards the Western tradition of hugging?
2. What are most individuals unwilling to do about an issue?
(a) Admit their role in the issue.
(b) Not blame others for the problem.
(c) Change the situation to solve the problem.
(d) Forget their unpleasant feelings.
3. What gift does holding a grandchild give to the grandparent?
(a) Great joy.
4. What do large family units provide?
(a) Acceptance of the elderly.
(b) Less stressful environment for working parents.
(c) Childcare while parents work.
(d) Safety for children of suffering parents.
5. What is Hanh's definition of compassion?
(a) Offering to help in another's suffering.
(b) The ability to remove suffering from another person.
(c) Feeling the intensity of another's suffering.
(d) Understanding why another is suffering.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the red light an enemy of the driver?
2. How can one find peace and love when feeling angry?
3. What is the result of compassion towards another who is suffering?
4. What should mindful living not do?
5. In "Transforming Feelings", who/what is analogous to emotion?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)