|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 42-50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hanh in "Mindfulness of Anger", what kind of problems does anger create?
(a) Relationship problems.
(b) Self-esteem problems.
(c) Health problems.
(d) Self-control problems.
2. In "Tangerine Meditation", who is reflecting on the tangerine's origin?
3. If one lives without awareness, who/what do the people around us become?
4. What should one do as angry feelings subside?
(a) Examine the source.
(b) Observe mindfully.
(c) Breathe consciously.
(d) Nurture the anger.
5. Before making a phone call, what should one do?
(a) Smile and recite a mantra.
(b) Breathe consciously and pause.
(c) Breathe consciously and smile.
(d) Envision the person one is calling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when one mindfully recognizes anger?
2. What is Hanh's attitude towards the Western tradition of hugging?
3. In "Mindfulness Must Be Engaged", what does Hanh remind readers of concerning the extension of mindful living from one person to the world?
4. What should a driver do when caught by a stop light?
5. What is the result of compassion towards another who is suffering?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)