|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 42-50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What simple practice should one do when anger begins to rise?
2. What enables one to become a real person?
(a) Practicing mindfulness.
(b) Studying the classics.
(c) Smiling at others.
(d) Greeting others.
3. What is Hanh's lament in "It is a Great Joy to hold Your Grandchild"?
(a) Adult children minimize the importance of grandparents.
(b) The Western cultures do not honor the elderly.
(c) The Western cultures do not care for the elderly properly.
(d) Grandchildren are cared for by strangers.
4. What two purposes are fulfilled by washing dishes?
(a) Clean dishes and time to daydream.
(b) Clean dishes and a tidy kitchen.
(c) Clean dishes and a better attitude.
(d) Clean dishes and mindful living.
5. When we walk hurriedly, what imprints are left on the Earth?
(a) Love and friendship.
(b) Hatred and despair.
(c) Peace and joy.
(d) Anxiety and sorrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are most individuals unwilling to do about an issue?
2. What happens when one mindfully recognizes anger?
3. Before making a phone call, what should one do?
4. What does Hanh view as the best investment one can make?
5. What do large family units provide?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)