|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 42-50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Mindfulness Must Be Engaged", what does Hanh remind readers of concerning the extension of mindful living from one person to the world?
(a) Mindful living is a tool that must be actively used.
(b) Mindful living is intended to create peace for one individual.
(c) Mindful living will naturally flow to the masses.
(d) Mindful living needs to reach only a few to have an effect on many.
2. How can one find peace and love when feeling angry?
(a) By recognizing anger as a source of positive energy.
(b) By acting on the feeling of anger.
(c) By recognizing that anger is fleeting.
(d) By ignoring the anger.
3. What are most individuals unwilling to do about an issue?
(a) Not blame others for the problem.
(b) Change the situation to solve the problem.
(c) Forget their unpleasant feelings.
(d) Admit their role in the issue.
4. Realistically, who can benefit from an individual's mindful living?
(a) People who are in daily contact.
(b) Those who are suffering.
(c) Relatives and close friends.
(d) The world.
5. Who used mindful living in Vietnam to act on the suffering of others?
(a) The author.
(b) The Dalai Lama.
(c) The author and his monastic fellows.
(d) The South Vietnamese.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hanh in "The River of Feelings", how many types of feelings do humans experience throughout life?
2. What two conscious actions should precede taking a bite of food?
3. What do large family units provide?
4. What can be transformed into healthy energy by recognizing that it is part of oneself?
5. What happens when one mindfully recognizes anger?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)