|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 42-50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the first monk to ride a bicycle in Vietnam?
(a) H.H. the Dalai Lama.
(b) Thich Nhat Hanh.
(c) Thich Nguyen.
(d) Nhat Hanh Nguyen.
2. According to the author, which rite is a wonderful practice of mindfulness that Jesus used to awaken his disciples?
(b) The Eucharist.
3. What should one do as angry feelings subside?
(a) Examine the source.
(b) Observe mindfully.
(c) Breathe consciously.
(d) Nurture the anger.
4. In "Transforming Feelings", who/what is analogous to emotion?
(a) The mother.
(b) The crying child.
5. What must one do before answering the telephone?
(b) Recite a mantra.
(c) Count to ten.
(d) Clear their throat.
Short Answer Questions
1. While driving, what can be used as a bell of mindfulness?
2. Which of these is NOT a component for the extension of mindful living into the world?
3. Why is the red light an enemy of the driver?
4. What happens when one mindfully recognizes anger?
5. Who/what is one never able to escape?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)