|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 42-50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of compassion towards another who is suffering?
(a) Eternal gratitude.
(b) Unconditional love.
(c) Love and peace.
(d) Joy and peace.
2. According to Hanh, what are most individuals willing to find out about an issue?
(a) The solution to the problem.
(b) The villain who created the problem
(c) The source of the problem.
(d) Their friends' stance on the issue.
3. Who/what is one never able to escape?
(d) One's self.
4. What is Hanh's lament in "It is a Great Joy to hold Your Grandchild"?
(a) Grandchildren are cared for by strangers.
(b) Adult children minimize the importance of grandparents.
(c) The Western cultures do not honor the elderly.
(d) The Western cultures do not care for the elderly properly.
5. What is Hanh's definition of compassion?
(a) Offering to help in another's suffering.
(b) The ability to remove suffering from another person.
(c) Feeling the intensity of another's suffering.
(d) Understanding why another is suffering.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Eating Mindfully", what is the purpose of eating?
2. When we walk hurriedly, what imprints are left on the Earth?
3. Why does one sometimes go for a drive unnecessarily?
4. What are most individuals unwilling to do about an issue?
5. What do large family units provide?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)