|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 42-50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Cookie of Childhood", who gives Hanh a cookie to savor?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His friend.
(c) His brother.
(d) His mother.
2. How many times should one breathe in and out before making a phone call?
3. According to Hanh, what are most individuals willing to find out about an issue?
(a) The source of the problem.
(b) The villain who created the problem
(c) The solution to the problem.
(d) Their friends' stance on the issue.
4. After realizing that the person expressing anger has experienced abuse, illness, or a setback, what can one learn to feel?
5. In "Transforming Feelings", who/what symbolizes mindfulness?
(a) The mother.
(b) The reader.
(d) The crying child.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hanh, what happens to anger when one pounds a pillow?
2. What should one do as angry feelings subside?
3. What should a driver do when caught by a stop light?
4. What does the author suggest using as a bell of mindfulness when driving in Montreal?
5. In "Mindfulness Must Be Engaged", what does Hanh remind readers of concerning the extension of mindful living from one person to the world?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)