|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 42-50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Cookie of Childhood", who gives Hanh a cookie to savor?
(a) His brother.
(b) His friend.
(c) His mother.
(d) His grandmother.
2. How should individuals react to unpleasant feelings?
(a) Ignore the emotions.
(b) Cling to the emotions.
(c) Reject the emotions.
(d) Face the emotions.
3. While driving, what can be used as a bell of mindfulness?
(a) A yield sign.
(b) A car horn.
(c) A red light.
(d) A speed limit sign.
4. After realizing that the person expressing anger has experienced abuse, illness, or a setback, what can one learn to feel?
5. What is Hanh's attitude towards the Western tradition of hugging?
Short Answer Questions
1. What groups comprise large family units, which for the most part, have now disbanded?
2. When we walk hurriedly, what imprints are left on the Earth?
3. What two purposes are fulfilled by washing dishes?
4. According to the author, which rite is a wonderful practice of mindfulness that Jesus used to awaken his disciples?
5. Why is the red light an enemy of the driver?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)