|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 42-50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hanh view as the best investment one can make?
(a) Cultivating a relationship with a friend.
(b) Cultivating a lifelong commitment.
(c) Maintaining one's health.
(d) Nurturing one's spiritual interests.
2. How can one find peace and love when feeling angry?
(a) By acting on the feeling of anger.
(b) By ignoring the anger.
(c) By recognizing that anger is fleeting.
(d) By recognizing anger as a source of positive energy.
3. What is the result of compassion towards another who is suffering?
(a) Unconditional love.
(b) Joy and peace.
(c) Eternal gratitude.
(d) Love and peace.
4. What should one do as angry feelings subside?
(a) Nurture the anger.
(b) Examine the source.
(c) Breathe consciously.
(d) Observe mindfully.
5. What happens when one mindfully recognizes anger?
(a) Anger changes to a solution.
(b) Anger changes to compassion.
(c) Anger changes to love.
(d) Anger loses its power.
Short Answer Questions
1. What facilities for gatherings does Hanh recommend for replacing the large family units?
2. At the time of this book's printing, how many square miles of forestland had been destroyed by acid rain, partly because of cars?
3. What enables one to become a real person?
4. In "Eating Mindfully", what is the purpose of eating?
5. Before making a phone call, what should one do?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)