|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 42-50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times should one breathe in and out before making a phone call?
2. What should one do as angry feelings subside?
(a) Observe mindfully.
(b) Breathe consciously.
(c) Examine the source.
(d) Nurture the anger.
3. According to Hanh, how many rings should one allow before answering the telephone?
4. Which of these is NOT a component for the extension of mindful living into the world?
(a) Conscious breathing.
5. Who used mindful living in Vietnam to act on the suffering of others?
(a) The Dalai Lama.
(b) The author.
(c) The author and his monastic fellows.
(d) The South Vietnamese.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hanh, what would improve the power of hugging?
2. According to Hanh, what are most individuals willing to find out about an issue?
3. According to "Driving Meditation", where can happiness always be found?
4. What three concepts can be included in family life that will promote inner peace?
5. According to Hanh, when must one recognize negative feelings?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)