|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 42-50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are most individuals unwilling to do about an issue?
(a) Admit their role in the issue.
(b) Forget their unpleasant feelings.
(c) Change the situation to solve the problem.
(d) Not blame others for the problem.
2. What facilities for gatherings does Hanh recommend for replacing the large family units?
(a) Community centers.
(b) Public gardens.
(c) Large churches.
(d) Community libraries.
3. Before making a phone call, what should one do?
(a) Breathe consciously and pause.
(b) Envision the person one is calling.
(c) Breathe consciously and smile.
(d) Smile and recite a mantra.
4. What two conscious actions should precede taking a bite of food?
(a) Breathing and smiling.
(b) Saying grace and smiling.
(c) Sitting down, then closing one's eyes.
(d) Pausing, then smelling the food's aroma.
5. What should a driver do when caught by a stop light?
(a) Listen to music.
(b) Sit back and smile.
(c) Think about the destination.
(d) Meditate on yesterday's trip.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is NOT a component for the extension of mindful living into the world?
2. In "Mindfulness Must Be Engaged", what does Hanh remind readers of concerning the extension of mindful living from one person to the world?
3. In "Cookie of Childhood", who gives Hanh a cookie to savor?
4. According to Hanh, what happens to anger when one pounds a pillow?
5. Why is the red light an enemy of the driver?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)