|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 42-50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does one sometimes go for a drive unnecessarily?
(a) To enjoy nature.
(b) To quiet the bells.
(c) To maintain the car.
(d) To escape oneself.
2. Before making a phone call, what should one do?
(a) Breathe consciously and pause.
(b) Breathe consciously and smile.
(c) Smile and recite a mantra.
(d) Envision the person one is calling.
3. At the time of this book's printing, how many square miles of forestland had been destroyed by acid rain, partly because of cars?
(a) Three million.
(b) Five million.
(c) One hundred thousand.
(d) Two million.
4. According to the chapter "The Roots of Anger", where does the source of anger usually reside?
(a) Within oneself.
(b) In the universe.
(c) In negative thinking.
(d) In the situation.
5. What are most individuals unwilling to do about an issue?
(a) Forget their unpleasant feelings.
(b) Change the situation to solve the problem.
(c) Admit their role in the issue.
(d) Not blame others for the problem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What facilities for gatherings does Hanh recommend for replacing the large family units?
2. What can be transformed into healthy energy by recognizing that it is part of oneself?
3. According to Hanh, which of the following are feelings that are experienced by humans during life?
4. According to Hanh in "The River of Feelings", how many types of feelings do humans experience throughout life?
5. When we walk hurriedly, what imprints are left on the Earth?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)