|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 42-50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hanh's lament in "It is a Great Joy to hold Your Grandchild"?
(a) Adult children minimize the importance of grandparents.
(b) Grandchildren are cared for by strangers.
(c) The Western cultures do not care for the elderly properly.
(d) The Western cultures do not honor the elderly.
2. In "Mindfulness Must Be Engaged", what does Hanh remind readers of concerning the extension of mindful living from one person to the world?
(a) Mindful living will naturally flow to the masses.
(b) Mindful living needs to reach only a few to have an effect on many.
(c) Mindful living is a tool that must be actively used.
(d) Mindful living is intended to create peace for one individual.
3. What is Hanh's definition of compassion?
(a) The ability to remove suffering from another person.
(b) Understanding why another is suffering.
(c) Feeling the intensity of another's suffering.
(d) Offering to help in another's suffering.
4. If one lives without awareness, who/what do the people around us become?
5. According to Hanh in "The River of Feelings", how many types of feelings do humans experience throughout life?
(b) Infinitely many.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is NOT a component for the extension of mindful living into the world?
2. Why does one sometimes go for a drive unnecessarily?
3. Which of these dissolves anger?
4. In "Tangerine Meditation", who is reflecting on the tangerine's origin?
5. Who used mindful living in Vietnam to act on the suffering of others?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)