Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problems does Richardson face personally as he starts his sixth month of living with the Sawi people?
2. Near the end of the book, Richardson describes a new place where the mission plane lands. What is that place?
3. Why do the young boys spread the news that the Richardson family is eating brains?
4. What is the fourth level of despair?
5. How many people can be seated at a worship service inside the new Sawidome?
Essay Topic 1
Peace Child is what Richardson calls a "redemptive analogy." What does he mean by this? What is the redemptive story that Richardson is trying to teach them and why does the Sawi ritual of the Peace Child provide a connection? What does the peace child represent for the Sawi people? For Richardson?
Essay Topic 2
Why have the Sawi people been so protected from the modern world and its technological advances? Write an essay which explores both the physical reasons (geography), lifestyle, and world view of the Sawi culture which has kept it at such a remote distance.
Essay Topic 3
Metaphor has often been used to explain life and death. How does the metaphor of Christian resurrection and Sawi "remon" parallel each other? What natural phenomenon do they both use to explain rebirth?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)