Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problems does Richardson face personally as he starts his sixth month of living with the Sawi people?
2. Near the end of the book, Richardson describes a new place where the mission plane lands. What is that place?
3. Why do the young boys spread the news that the Richardson family is eating brains?
4. What is the fourth level of despair?
5. How many people can be seated at a worship service inside the new Sawidome?
Essay Topic 1
Richardson has a theory that the distance between the Sawi culture and his own can be bridged if he can find an analogy between the two. What is a cultural analogy? What is the bridge that Richardson finds? How does he recognize it?
Essay Topic 2
Peace Child is what Richardson calls a "redemptive analogy." What does he mean by this? What is the redemptive story that Richardson is trying to teach them and why does the Sawi ritual of the Peace Child provide a connection? What does the peace child represent for the Sawi people? For Richardson?
Essay Topic 3
Human beings interpret stories based on experience. The Sawi people interpret the story of Jesus based upon their own world view and practical human experience. How does their interpretation of Judas as the hero of the Jesus story come out of their cultural experience? What parallel are they using to understand the story? What experience in their own lives leads them to see Judas as the hero?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)