|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Don Richardson's first order of business with the Sawi tribe?
2. What vision does Aham have which convinces the Sawi villagers that there is no hope for Warahai?
3. When the Richardsons, Winifred and Mavo fall off the capsized dugout and into the Kronkel river, what happens first?
4. How many people can be seated at a worship service inside the new Sawidome?
5. Who is willing to give up his only son?
Essay Topic 1
Much of a Sawi person's day is spent gathering or hunting food. Families are mutually dependent upon each other for daily survival. What impact does this type of lifestyle have upon the Sawi family structure? What shape does a typical Sawi family take and is it a stable unit? What examples do you find in the book to support your conclusion?
Essay Topic 2
The author believes that remote tribes such as the Sawi should be contacted. Why does he believe this? Is it simply for reasons of conversion? What does the author believe is inevitable for these remote people? Why does he feel justified in the being "first contact" for these ancient cultures?
Essay Topic 3
Why have the Sawi people been so protected from the modern world and its technological advances? Write an essay which explores both the physical reasons (geography), lifestyle, and world view of the Sawi culture which has kept it at such a remote distance.
This section contains 1,562 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)