|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many pigs are being cooked on this first Christmas?
(d) Five hundred.
2. Why are the Sawi people so upset with Don Richardson over his actions with Warahai?
(a) Richardson is not allowing the rain gods to bring nourishment to the jungle.
(b) Richardson is trying to save a bad man.
(c) Richardson is not allowing them to carry out their death and dying rituals.
(d) Richardson is keeping the village from going on a wild boar hunt.
3. What does Don Richardson believe the real battle is about?
(a) Between the savagery and the gospel of peace.
(b) Between the modern world and the stone age world.
(c) Between women and men.
(d) Between God and Satan.
4. What is the second level of despair?
(a) Starting a bonfire at the death camp.
(b) Dressing the dead person's body in colorful clothing.
(c) Covering oneself with Sago thorns and rolling on the ground.
(d) Dancing under the gravehouse platform as maggots and rotting flesh rain down.
5. What insult is hurtled at a Haenam youth which almost starts a serious battle?
(a) He is called "tuan like."
(b) He is called "slow as mud."
(c) He is called "weird old man."
(d) He is called "lizard-skin."
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two village groups need to make peace?
2. Who is the woman, once beautiful, now covered in mud, weeping and wailing in grief?
3. Near the end of the book, Richardson describes a new place where the mission plane lands. What is that place?
4. In Sawi what does "cool water" mean?
5. What do Aham and Richardson have in common?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)