Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What medicine do the Richardsons have which saves the lives of Mavu, Nair and Paha?
2. Where are dead bodies interred in a Sawi village?
(a) In a small, coffin-sized gravehouse, elevated five to fifteen feet above ground.
(b) Deep in the earth, directly under the family longhouse.
(c) They are sunk in the Kronkel river just downstream of the village.
(d) In a communal grave, on the edge of the village.
3. What is Aham's role in the village?
(a) She is the leader of the women.
(b) She is a herbalist.
(c) She is a naturopath.
(d) She is a sorceresses who has visions of spiritual events.
4. Who is the first patriarch in the Sawi tribe to convert to Christianity?
5. What does Richardson build after five years among the Sawi to replace his small thatchbox home?
(a) An underground bunker.
(b) A riverboat home.
(c) A three-bedroom dwelling.
(d) A 14-bedroom hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Richardson so excited about the peace child ritual?
2. How many teachers are working in the new Sawi school?
3. What does Richardson believe is stopping the Sawi people from following the Christian path?
4. What does "my liver trembles" refer to?
5. Near the end of the book, Richardson describes a new place where the mission plane lands. What is that place?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)