|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What medicine do the Richardsons have which saves the lives of Mavu, Nair and Paha?
2. What does Hato say about God?
(a) "God must have been sad just like me."
(b) "God must not care for us if such things happen."
(c) "God must be very, very far away."
(d) "God does not know what he is doing."
3. Why is it so difficult for the Sawi people to convert to Richardson's faith?
(a) They cannot speak English.
(b) They have no spiritual life.
(c) They trust the ancient Sawi culture which is all they have ever known.
(d) They are cowards and afraid to try anything new.
4. Which two village groups need to make peace?
(a) Olada and Naydu.
(b) Kayagar and Atum.
(c) Pirapum and Plactoman.
(d) Haenam and Kamur.
5. What does Don Richardson believe the real battle is about?
(a) Between the modern world and the stone age world.
(b) Between the savagery and the gospel of peace.
(c) Between women and men.
(d) Between God and Satan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are dead bodies interred in a Sawi village?
2. What does Richardson build after five years among the Sawi to replace his small thatchbox home?
3. How many pigs are being cooked on this first Christmas?
4. How many teachers are working in the new Sawi school?
5. In the Sawi language, how many tenses does each verb have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Sawi people know that Warahai's soul has left his body?
2. What does the phrase "cool water" mean in the Sawi language?
3. What ritual do the Sawi villagers engage in which inspires the title of this book?
4. What are the four levels of despair in the Sawi ritual of "gefam asan"?
5. What is "aumamay"?
6. What does Richardson see in the ritual of the Sawi peace child which gives him hope about sharing his Christian message with the villagers?
7. When Don Richardson shares the story of Jesus with the Sawi men, what is their reaction?
8. Who is Biakadon?
9. What does Richardson promise to teach the Sawi Christians?
10. Who is God's "Tarop"?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)