|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first level of despair?
(a) Sleeping with the body of the person who has died.
(b) Hiking three miles to a nearby death camp.
(c) Tearing one's clothing and covering oneself in ashes.
(d) Waiting for nine days and nights as the body decomposes in the grave house.
2. What is Don Richardson's first order of business with the Sawi tribe?
(a) To convert the children to Christianity.
(b) To cure the sick and heal the lame.
(c) To establish trading alliances with neighboring tribes.
(d) To learn the Sawi language.
3. What is the name of Don and Carol Richardson's second child?
(a) Shannon Douglas.
(b) Donald Paul.
(c) Moses James.
(d) Luke Andrew.
4. In Sawi what does "cool water" mean?
(b) Shocking truth.
(c) Cold nights.
5. What does Richardson conclude has been the reason Sawi people have survived so long?
(a) Their habit of bathing in the river.
(b) Their habit of aggressive fighting.
(c) Their habit of fishing and hunting.
(d) Their habit of living in small, isolated groups.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is willing to give up his only son?
2. What does Richardson build after five years among the Sawi to replace his small thatchbox home?
3. What do Aham and Richardson have in common?
4. Why is Richardson so excited about the peace child ritual?
5. Why is Hato so filled with grief?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)