|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What machine does the Richardson family have that is very mysterious to the Sawi people?
(a) A low flying helicopter.
(b) A gas-powered washing machine.
(c) A blender.
(d) A food processor.
2. Who stands at the front of the battle, on the front line, so to speak?
(a) The jesters and clowns are sent to the front to distract.
(b) The women.
(c) The most experienced warriors.
(d) The young teenage boys.
3. Why is Richardson so excited about the peace child ritual?
(a) He thinks it will make a good book.
(b) He believes that Christianity must have been introduced to the Sawi long ago.
(c) He is not excited; he thinks it is all very hopeless and sad.
(d) It shows the Sawi people are capable of understanding and practicing peace.
4. Who is willing to give up his only son?
5. What is the fourth level of despair?
(a) Throwing oneself, briefly, upon the death bonfire.
(b) Sinking the dead person's body into the Kronkel river.
(c) Eating food with the hand that had been plunged into the dead person's body.
(d) Throwing oneself into the grave with the dead body.
Short Answer Questions
1. What insult is hurtled at a Haenam youth which almost starts a serious battle?
2. What does Don Richardson say to the battling warriors?
3. Why is Richardson shocked by the dead man Warahai's condition?
4. Who is the first patriarch in the Sawi tribe to convert to Christianity?
5. Why is it so difficult for the Sawi people to convert to Richardson's faith?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Richardsons conclude about the ongoing violence which they face amid the combined Sawi village communities?
2. What does Mahaen think the underlying reason for "gefam asan" is?
3. How do the Sawi people know that Warahai's soul has left his body?
4. What is "aumamay"?
5. What is the Sawidome?
6. Who is Biakadon?
7. What does Richardson see as the true battle in Chapter 13, War at my Door?
8. What does Richardson promise to teach the Sawi Christians?
9. What does Richardson see in the ritual of the Sawi peace child which gives him hope about sharing his Christian message with the villagers?
10. Why is the arrival of Hurip, the injured Kayagar, such a challenge?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)