|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people can be seated at a worship service inside the new Sawidome?
(a) One hundred.
(c) One thousand.
(d) Fifty thousand.
2. What medicine do the Richardsons have which saves the lives of Mavu, Nair and Paha?
3. What vision does Aham have which convinces the Sawi villagers that there is no hope for Warahai?
(a) A vision of a spirit flock which cover the village as they fly over.
(b) A vision of Warahai speaking to her from the other side.
(c) A vision of a spirit which ambushes Warahai's soul and eats it.
(d) A vision of a great tall Walahari bird which tells her to let go of Warahai.
4. How many pigs are being cooked on this first Christmas?
(d) Five hundred.
5. What does Richardson believe is stopping the Sawi people from following the Christian path?
(a) Fear of the power of God and Jesus.
(b) Fear of unfavorable reaction from the demon world.
(c) Fear of Richardson and the Tuan people.
(d) Fear of being crucified like Jesus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Sawi men build on the Kronkel river under Richardson's guidance?
2. Who is the woman, once beautiful, now covered in mud, weeping and wailing in grief?
3. Who comes in a dugout to help the stranded party?
4. Why do the young boys spread the news that the Richardson family is eating brains?
5. What happens to Er when he makes advances towards a girl?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Richardsons conclude about the ongoing violence which they face amid the combined Sawi village communities?
2. What does "my liver trembles" mean in the Sawi idiom?
3. When Don Richardson shares the story of Jesus with the Sawi men, what is their reaction?
4. What is the custom of fighting as described in Chapter 13, War at my Door?
5. What is the Sawidome?
6. What does Kimi come to do to Warahai?
7. What are the four levels of despair in the Sawi ritual of "gefam asan"?
8. In Chapter 24, what does Richardson organize and describe that would have been impossible when he first arrived?
9. What does Richardson see as the true battle in Chapter 13, War at my Door?
10. What have the Sawi built in the time after modern life and Christianity have come to them?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)