Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problems does Richardson face personally as he starts his sixth month of living with the Sawi people?
(a) Depression, Stephen's malaria, his wife's pregnancy and a general loss of hope.
(b) Government interference and high taxes.
(c) Daily threats of violence to his family, his home being set on fire and his mother dying back in Canada.
(d) Monsoon rains which washed away the foundation of his home.
2. Near the end of the book, Richardson describes a new place where the mission plane lands. What is that place?
(a) An ocean carrier.
(b) The recently built airstrip.
(c) A floating bridge on the Kronkel.
(d) The long sago bridge.
3. Why do the young boys spread the news that the Richardson family is eating brains?
(a) Because the Richardsons frighten them.
(b) Because Richardsons tell the boys this to frighten them.
(c) Because they are lying to get attention.
(d) Because their macaroni supper looks like brains.
4. What is the fourth level of despair?
(a) Sinking the dead person's body into the Kronkel river.
(b) Throwing oneself, briefly, upon the death bonfire.
(c) Eating food with the hand that had been plunged into the dead person's body.
(d) Throwing oneself into the grave with the dead body.
5. How many people can be seated at a worship service inside the new Sawidome?
(a) One thousand.
(c) One hundred.
(d) Fifty thousand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What life forms must the Richardson family learn to live with inside their new home?
2. What does Richardson conclude has been the reason Sawi people have survived so long?
3. Who is Biakadon?
4. What is the first level of despair?
5. What does Richardson organize to celebrate his first Christmas with the Sawi?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)