|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two pillars Richardson refers to?
(a) The pillar of treacherous violence and the pillar of the peace child.
(b) The center two pillars which support the manhouse.
(c) The pillars of the Old Testament and the New Testament.
(d) The pillars of wealth and fame.
2. In the story about Jesus, who do the Sawi admire?
(a) Mary Magdalene.
(b) Pontius Pilate.
3. Why does Amio want Hurip to die?
(a) Hurip tried to kill Amio earlier in the day.
(b) Hurip killed the peace child which Hato, Amio's father, gave to the Kayagar.
(c) Hurip is his father's uncle and not to be trusted.
(d) Hurip owes Amio much money and will not pay.
4. How many people can be seated at a worship service inside the new Sawidome?
(b) Fifty thousand.
(c) One thousand.
(d) One hundred.
5. What do the Sawi people build for a dead person?
(a) A raft to send them down the river.
(b) A gravehouse above ground.
(c) A sarcophagus.
(d) A stone covered dugout which will sink to the bottom of the Kronkel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vision does Aham have which convinces the Sawi villagers that there is no hope for Warahai?
2. What is Don Richardson most shocked to discover about the Sawi people?
3. What two villages are fighting on the Tuan's doorstep?
4. What do the Sawi men build on the Kronkel river under Richardson's guidance?
5. Why is Beray not welcoming to the men from Wiyar?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the four levels of despair in the Sawi ritual of "gefam asan"?
2. What does "my liver trembles" mean in the Sawi idiom?
3. What does Mahaen think the underlying reason for "gefam asan" is?
4. What is the custom of fighting as described in Chapter 13, War at my Door?
5. When Don Richardson shares the story of Jesus with the Sawi men, what is their reaction?
6. How do the Sawi people know that Warahai's soul has left his body?
7. What is "aumamay"?
8. What do the Richardsons conclude about the ongoing violence which they face amid the combined Sawi village communities?
9. What surprises Richardson about the Sawi language?
10. What does Richardson promise to teach the Sawi Christians?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)