|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story about Jesus, who do the Sawi admire?
(a) Pontius Pilate.
(c) Mary Magdalene.
2. What is the first level of despair?
(a) Sleeping with the body of the person who has died.
(b) Tearing one's clothing and covering oneself in ashes.
(c) Hiking three miles to a nearby death camp.
(d) Waiting for nine days and nights as the body decomposes in the grave house.
3. Who reads the Christmas scripture at the worship service?
(a) Isai, now a literate Sawi preacher.
(b) Carol Richardson.
(c) Richardson's son, Stephen.
4. What does "gefam ason" mean?
(a) Touching the stench.
(b) The end of the world.
(c) Tasting nothing.
(d) Paddling through the storm.
5. In 1963 who does the Dutch government begin to give control of the Netherlands New Guinea to?
(a) Through the Geneva Accord they give control to the Sawi.
(b) Through the United Nations they transfer control to Indonesian sovereignty.
(c) Through the World Court they give control to Australia.
(d) Through the League of Nations they give control to the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Er when he makes advances towards a girl?
2. Why is Beray not welcoming to the men from Wiyar?
3. What machine does the Richardson family have that is very mysterious to the Sawi people?
4. What do the Sawi people build for a dead person?
5. Who is willing to give up his only son?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)