|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many pounds does the average wild boar weigh?
(a) 50 pounds.
(b) 10 pounds.
(c) 1,000 pounds.
(d) 180 pounds.
2. What is the primary redemptive analogy which Richardson uses to reach the tribal people?
(a) The tribal ritual of a "peace child."
(b) The tribal ritual of "fattening for slaughter."
(c) The tribal ritual of marriage.
(d) The tribal ritual of Jesus and the disciples.
3. What is unique about the kidari along the Kronkel river?
(a) The kidari has dangerous currents which should be avoided.
(b) The kidari has many types of exotic fish which visit it.
(c) The kidari is the longest straight stretch of the river.
(d) The kidari is a waterfall which falls some 500 feet.
4. What year do the Richardsons go to New Guinea?
5. How many tribes are in the area of New Guinea?
(a) Five distinct tribes and ten which could not be classified.
(b) Only one.
(c) Fifteen distinct tribes.
(d) An estimated four hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. What might a visitor in a Sawi village be offered as a snack?
2. What part of the human skeleton do Sawi children play with?
3. Which of these terms can be used to describe the tribe?
4. What is the most powerful family relationship in Sawi culture?
5. When Don Richardson first goes to work with the Sawi people, what foreign nation had claimed that area as its own?
Short Essay Questions
1. What have the Sawi built in the time after modern life and Christianity have come to them?
2. What is Carol Richardson's reaction to the sight of 200 armed warriors and the women and children standing massed, awaiting their arrival?
3. What kinds of weapons does Yae take on the trip?
4. What does the phrase "cool water" mean in the Sawi language?
5. The Sawi people have a saying "the spirits have accepted our skin-grease in their rivers." What does this mean?
6. Who is Biakadon?
7. What is "aumamay"?
8. What do the elders Kigo, Hato and Numu do with the gifts they receive from the Tuans who are on the boat?
9. What does Richardson see as the true battle in Chapter 13, War at my Door?
10. In May of 1963 what happened to the government of New Guinea?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)