Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problems does Richardson face personally as he starts his sixth month of living with the Sawi people?
(a) Depression, Stephen's malaria, his wife's pregnancy and a general loss of hope.
(b) Government interference and high taxes.
(c) Daily threats of violence to his family, his home being set on fire and his mother dying back in Canada.
(d) Monsoon rains which washed away the foundation of his home.
2. Near the end of the book, Richardson describes a new place where the mission plane lands. What is that place?
(a) An ocean carrier.
(b) The recently built airstrip.
(c) A floating bridge on the Kronkel.
(d) The long sago bridge.
3. Why do the young boys spread the news that the Richardson family is eating brains?
(a) Because the Richardsons frighten them.
(b) Because Richardsons tell the boys this to frighten them.
(c) Because they are lying to get attention.
(d) Because their macaroni supper looks like brains.
4. What is the fourth level of despair?
(a) Sinking the dead person's body into the Kronkel river.
(b) Throwing oneself, briefly, upon the death bonfire.
(c) Eating food with the hand that had been plunged into the dead person's body.
(d) Throwing oneself into the grave with the dead body.
5. How many people can be seated at a worship service inside the new Sawidome?
(a) One thousand.
(c) One hundred.
(d) Fifty thousand.
6. What life forms must the Richardson family learn to live with inside their new home?
(a) Dogs, cats, parakeets, goats, cows, chickens and ducks.
(b) Mosquitoes, cockroaches, crickets, flies, rats, lizards, bats and birds.
(c) Elephants, giraffes, picolos, vultures, eagles and griffins.
(d) Worms, pythons, crocodiles, lions, jungle bears and hippos.
7. What does Richardson conclude has been the reason Sawi people have survived so long?
(a) Their habit of bathing in the river.
(b) Their habit of living in small, isolated groups.
(c) Their habit of fishing and hunting.
(d) Their habit of aggressive fighting.
8. Who is Biakadon?
(a) The infant son of Kaiyo and Wumi.
(b) The leader of the Kumar village.
(c) The legendary god of the sea.
(d) The young man who works for the Richardsons.
9. What is the first level of despair?
(a) Hiking three miles to a nearby death camp.
(b) Tearing one's clothing and covering oneself in ashes.
(c) Sleeping with the body of the person who has died.
(d) Waiting for nine days and nights as the body decomposes in the grave house.
10. What does Richardson organize to celebrate his first Christmas with the Sawi?
(a) A Bible study for a few close Sawi friends.
(b) A trip for his family to Australia.
(c) A large scale inter-village feast.
(d) A huge ironwood tree covered with ornaments.
11. What brings a time of peace to the Sawi tribes?
(a) The Tuans give many gifts.
(b) The river is full of fish.
(c) The weather is very calm.
(d) The peace child exchange between two villages.
12. In Sawi what does "cool water" mean?
(a) Shocking truth.
(b) Cold nights.
13. Why are the Sawi people so upset with Don Richardson over his actions with Warahai?
(a) Richardson is keeping the village from going on a wild boar hunt.
(b) Richardson is not allowing them to carry out their death and dying rituals.
(c) Richardson is not allowing the rain gods to bring nourishment to the jungle.
(d) Richardson is trying to save a bad man.
14. What do Aham and Richardson have in common?
(a) They both believe that Warahari is dead.
(b) They are both over 60 years of age.
(c) They both believe in a spiritual world, and they both talk to spirit/god.
(d) They have nothing in common.
15. In the story about Jesus, who do the Sawi admire?
(b) Pontius Pilate.
(d) Mary Magdalene.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Aham's role in the village?
2. Which two village groups need to make peace?
3. What fruits and flowers do the missionaries introduce to the Sawi?
4. Who is the first patriarch in the Sawi tribe to convert to Christianity?
5. Who is the woman, once beautiful, now covered in mud, weeping and wailing in grief?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)