|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25, Out of the Ancestral Cacoon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Sawi warriors do when they meet Don Richardson and John McCain for the first time?
(a) They stand in their canoes completely and totally still.
(b) They panic, many of them leaping out of the canoes; everyone trembling.
(c) Most of the warriors faint and have to be revived with camphor.
(d) They launch an attack of arrows.
2. Who is the first patriarch in the Sawi tribe to convert to Christianity?
3. What is Yae waiting for before he goes to the village of Haenam?
(a) For the village to nominate him chief.
(b) For the rains to come and water his crops.
(c) For the tide to turn so that he can journey more easily.
(d) For God to send him inspiration so that he can name his child.
4. Who is building Richardson's house?
(a) Kayagar, Atohwaem and Sawi tribes, along with Richardson and McCain build the home.
(b) Richardson brings in missionaries from all over New Guinea to build.
(c) Richardson builds the home by himself.
(d) The Sawi women are the builders of Richardson's home.
5. Near the end of the book, Richardson describes a new place where the mission plane lands. What is that place?
(a) The recently built airstrip.
(b) An ocean carrier.
(c) The long sago bridge.
(d) A floating bridge on the Kronkel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two villages are fighting on the Tuan's doorstep?
2. What does "gefam ason" mean?
3. What is unique about the kidari along the Kronkel river?
4. How many piers are driven into the jungle floor to build Richardson's house?
5. What are the relatives of Warahai doing to his body now that they believe his soul has left?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)