|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25, Out of the Ancestral Cacoon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Yae sitting at the beginning of chapter one?
(a) Yae is sitting by the man-made pool in his backyard.
(b) Yae is sitting in his treehouse, forty feet above the Kronkel river.
(c) Yae is sitting in a plane which is on its way to Istanbul.
(d) Yae is sitting in the hospital where his wife is dying in childbirth.
2. How many wives does the patriarch of Tumdu have?
(a) None, he is a priest.
(d) Twenty; he is a great chief.
3. What do the Sawi warriors do when they meet Don Richardson and John McCain for the first time?
(a) They launch an attack of arrows.
(b) Most of the warriors faint and have to be revived with camphor.
(c) They panic, many of them leaping out of the canoes; everyone trembling.
(d) They stand in their canoes completely and totally still.
4. Who is Biakadon?
(a) The infant son of Kaiyo and Wumi.
(b) The legendary god of the sea.
(c) The leader of the Kumar village.
(d) The young man who works for the Richardsons.
5. What part of the human skeleton do Sawi children play with?
(a) The polished skull.
(b) The hip socket.
(c) The leg bones.
(d) The entire skeleton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is willing to give up his only son?
2. What is Don Richardson feeling as he steps onto the bank of the Kronkel and meets those who are waiting for them?
3. A typical stone axe would be swung 40 times to fell a tree. How many times does Hurip have to swing his steel axe to cut down the tree?
4. How does Richardson deal with the Kayagar chief, Yae, when the chief begins to speak loudly?
5. What effect does the tide have upon the black, algae-stained Kronkel river?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)