|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25, Out of the Ancestral Cacoon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Do the Sawi men believe their children are strong?
(a) They do not care about their own children.
(b) No, they know their own children are very fragile.
(c) Yes, they believe their own children are immortal.
(d) Yes, they believe their own children can withstand anything.
2. What is the first level of despair?
(a) Sleeping with the body of the person who has died.
(b) Waiting for nine days and nights as the body decomposes in the grave house.
(c) Hiking three miles to a nearby death camp.
(d) Tearing one's clothing and covering oneself in ashes.
3. What is the weather like on the day the Richardson family arrives at their new home?
(a) It is a hot, humid day in the jungle.
(b) It is a rainy tropical day during the monsoon.
(c) It is a cold night, almost freezing, when they arrive.
(d) It is a very windy, chilly day on the high plains.
4. What do the Tuans reportedly have to prevent fever and heal sores?
(a) Fire breathing guns.
(b) Antibiotics and oxygen tanks.
(c) Animal totems.
(d) Witchcraft called "obat."
5. What does seven-month-old Stephen think of his first journey down the Kronkel river?
(a) Stephen is bored and plays with his toys, rarely looking up.
(b) Stephen is full of wonder and awe.
(c) Stephen is very frightened and cannot stop crying.
(d) Stephen sleeps the entire way.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many wives does the patriarch of Tumdu have?
2. What is the ancient Sawi custom of "waness"?
3. What event shatters the air of tension between the tribes on the first day of building?
4. What is unique about the kidari along the Kronkel river?
5. What medicine do the Richardsons have which saves the lives of Mavu, Nair and Paha?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)