|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25, Out of the Ancestral Cacoon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Richardson so excited about the peace child ritual?
(a) He thinks it will make a good book.
(b) He is not excited; he thinks it is all very hopeless and sad.
(c) It shows the Sawi people are capable of understanding and practicing peace.
(d) He believes that Christianity must have been introduced to the Sawi long ago.
2. How many wives does Yae's cousin Wasi have?
(d) Twenty five.
3. What does Hato say about God?
(a) "God does not know what he is doing."
(b) "God must have been sad just like me."
(c) "God must be very, very far away."
(d) "God must not care for us if such things happen."
4. What is "saravon"?
(a) A nutritious stew made of pork, sago and onions.
(b) A milky drink offered to the river gods every morning.
(c) The relationship between a Sawi man and his mother-in-law.
(d) A customary display of force meant to reassure guests that they are safe.
5. What is the only safe way for a Sawi person to drink water from the river?
(a) The river water must never be drunk. It is full of germs.
(b) To put one's head underwater completely and drink.
(c) To toss each scoop of water in the air and catch it in one's mouth.
(d) To drink it with a straw-like tool made of sago leaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it so important to Richardson that the patriarchs, the older men, convert to Christianity?
2. What medicine do the Richardsons have which saves the lives of Mavu, Nair and Paha?
3. Who reads the Christmas scripture at the worship service?
4. What does "Tuwi asonai makaerin" mean?
5. How many treehouses are there, in total, in the Mauro village?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)