|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25, Out of the Ancestral Cacoon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the word "navo" mean in Sawi?
(d) Help me.
2. What do the Sawi people believe airplanes are?
(a) River spirits.
(b) German bomber planes.
(c) Supernatural creatures.
(d) Chariots of the gods.
3. In 1963 who does the Dutch government begin to give control of the Netherlands New Guinea to?
(a) Through the League of Nations they give control to the United States.
(b) Through the United Nations they transfer control to Indonesian sovereignty.
(c) Through the World Court they give control to Australia.
(d) Through the Geneva Accord they give control to the Sawi.
4. Why is Beray not welcoming to the men from Wiyar?
(a) They had cannibalized his father six years earlier.
(b) Beray had been banished from Wiyar.
(c) They would not let him marry into the tribe.
(d) Beray had recently been attacked by the Wiyar men.
5. What fruits and flowers do the missionaries introduce to the Sawi?
(a) Pineapple, coconut palms, lemon trees and hibiscus.
(b) Watermelon, oranges and grapefruit.
(c) Apple trees, green beans, potatoes and tomatoes.
(d) Peaches, sago and apricots.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the white skin of the Tuans remind the Sawi people of?
2. What part of the human skeleton do Sawi children play with?
3. What is Don Richardson most shocked to discover about the Sawi people?
4. What is the word that Sawi greet one another with?
5. How many teachers are working in the new Sawi school?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)