|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25, Out of the Ancestral Cacoon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman Anai do when she hears that Yae's jawbone will be given to her?
(a) She promises that she will send it to Yae's wife as an expression of her sympathy.
(b) She takes the bone and grinds it into fine dust and then spreads it atop the river.
(c) She cries out in jubilation and dances to celebrate her great honor.
(d) She is filled with remorse and grief and refuses to take it.
2. What ritual does "Eyes Red with Watching" in chapter 23 describe?
(a) The Sawi ritual of new birth.
(b) The Sawi ritual of sleeplessness.
(c) The Sawi ritual of grief and veneration.
(d) The Sawi ritual of baptism.
3. How is wild boar meat carried out of the jungle?
(a) In a woven sago frond pack.
(b) In a wheelbarrow.
(c) In a bamboo box strapped on the hunter's shoulders and head.
(d) On a large platter of ironwood, carried on the hunter's head.
4. What kind of flour do the Sawi women use to make bread?
(a) Rice flour.
(b) Whole wheat flour.
(c) Bamboo fiber flour.
(d) Sago flour.
5. What is the first thing Warahi says when he comes out of his coma?
(a) "I am hungry."
(b) "Where am I?"
(c) "O Mother, don't be sad."
(d) "Help me up, I must walk."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richardson like about the possibility of building on the kidari?
2. What does Richardson organize to celebrate his first Christmas with the Sawi?
3. What vessel does the Richardson family use to arrive at their new home?
4. What does Kauwan say that Yae should have given him in order to truly win his protection?
5. How old is Don Richardson when he first felt a spiritual call to serve God as a missionary?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)