|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25, Out of the Ancestral Cacoon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richardson build his home with?
(a) Oak, cherry, and walnut.
(b) Parts of an old boat which was moored on the river nearby.
(c) Ironwood, split palm bark, mangrove poles and sago fronds.
(d) He brings in a small airstream trailer and sets it on a platform.
2. What does the Richardson family sleep underneath?
(a) A mosquito net.
(b) A wooden box.
(c) The open sky full of stars.
(d) A crucifix.
3. What do the Sawi people build for a dead person?
(a) A raft to send them down the river.
(b) A sarcophagus.
(c) A stone covered dugout which will sink to the bottom of the Kronkel.
(d) A gravehouse above ground.
4. What is Aham's role in the village?
(a) She is a naturopath.
(b) She is the leader of the women.
(c) She is a sorceresses who has visions of spiritual events.
(d) She is a herbalist.
5. What is the name of the sea which the Kronkel river empties into?
(a) The Atlantic Ocean.
(b) The Arafura Sea.
(c) The Agrabar Waterway.
(d) The Agramenon Basin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Ironwood Curtain?
2. What do the Sawi people do when the long poles holding up their homes begin to rot?
3. What machine does the Richardson family have that is very mysterious to the Sawi people?
4. What does "Kanggime" mean in the language Dani?
5. Why is Yae going on a journey to the nearby village of Haenam?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)