|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25, Out of the Ancestral Cacoon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Richardson so excited about the peace child ritual?
(a) He is not excited; he thinks it is all very hopeless and sad.
(b) It shows the Sawi people are capable of understanding and practicing peace.
(c) He thinks it will make a good book.
(d) He believes that Christianity must have been introduced to the Sawi long ago.
2. Why is Yae going on a journey to the nearby village of Haenam?
(a) He is going to visit his mother who lives in Haenam.
(b) He is campaigning for political office and needs the support of Haenam villagers.
(c) He is thinking of moving from Mauro to Haenam.
(d) He is trying to forge an alliance between his village, Mauro, and Haenam.
3. What is the weather like on the day the Richardson family arrives at their new home?
(a) It is a very windy, chilly day on the high plains.
(b) It is a cold night, almost freezing, when they arrive.
(c) It is a rainy tropical day during the monsoon.
(d) It is a hot, humid day in the jungle.
4. What vision does Aham have which convinces the Sawi villagers that there is no hope for Warahai?
(a) A vision of a spirit which ambushes Warahai's soul and eats it.
(b) A vision of Warahai speaking to her from the other side.
(c) A vision of a spirit flock which cover the village as they fly over.
(d) A vision of a great tall Walahari bird which tells her to let go of Warahai.
5. What does the Sawi expression "hahap kaman" mean?
(a) All is lost and there is no hope left.
(b) The warriors are about to attack.
(c) The group is full of ecstatic joy.
(d) Dinner is ready.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Yae sitting at the beginning of chapter one?
2. What does the high pitched command signal should happen?
3. Why is it so difficult for the Sawi people to convert to Richardson's faith?
4. What machine does the Richardson family have that is very mysterious to the Sawi people?
5. What do the Tumdu women use as flour in their cooking?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)