|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25, Out of the Ancestral Cacoon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unique about the kidari along the Kronkel river?
(a) The kidari has many types of exotic fish which visit it.
(b) The kidari is the longest straight stretch of the river.
(c) The kidari has dangerous currents which should be avoided.
(d) The kidari is a waterfall which falls some 500 feet.
2. Why is Warahai's mother crouched over the body of her son, covering his loins with her face and hands?
(a) The Sawi believe that a soul sometimes lingers in the generative organs.
(b) She is trying to see if her son is still breathing.
(c) She is performing "atama karun," an ancient Sawi ritual.
(d) She is protecting them from being disfigured by the village.
3. What do the Tuans give the elders who come out to meet them for the first time?
(a) Necklaces made of brightly colored beads.
(b) A bible, radio and a flashlight.
(c) Pens, paper and stamps.
(d) Matches, razorblades and fishing equipment.
4. Which of these terms can be used to describe the tribe?
(a) Saintly contemplative monks.
(b) Creative imaginative artists.
(c) Modern aggressive innovators.
(d) Cannibalistic head hunters.
5. Are the Sawi women involved in head hunting?
(a) The Sawi women are involved only if they are married.
(b) Not directly, but they encourage murder and would participate in clubbing to death wounded victims.
(c) Yes, they are very good with spears and often had better aim than their husbands.
(d) Yes, they often lead the charge to the offending village.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Sawi people build for a dead person?
2. Why are the Kayagar men upset with Richardson when he announces his intention to build a home in Sawi territory?
3. Who is building Richardson's house?
4. What is the first thing Warahi says when he comes out of his coma?
5. What does Richardson believe keeps true peace from existing among Sawi people?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)