|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25, Out of the Ancestral Cacoon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Yae's wife, Kautap, cooking as Yae waits to go to Haenam?
(a) In the summer kitchen which is a separate building out back.
(b) At the stove in her government-supplied trailer.
(c) In a small boat floating on the river.
(d) At the central place inside the treehouse.
2. When Yae arrives at the Haenam village at the beginning of Chapter 2, why is he so confident?
(a) He is marrying the chief's daughter and will soon be related to the tribe.
(b) He is bringing them steel axes and a chain saw.
(c) He is carrying a concealed gun so that if there is trouble, he can defend himself.
(d) He has been visiting them for seven months and they have been very friendly and warm.
3. What is the Prairie Bible Institute?
(a) A large university in Nebraska which was founded by Mennonites.
(b) A Christian community and missionary training school in Alberta, Canada.
(c) A school which teaches English and Dutch to the children from the Sawi culture.
(d) A far right think tank in western Kansas.
4. How does the author describe a Sawi manhouse?
(a) As the Parthenon of Sawi culture.
(b) As a library and movie theatre in the Sawi village.
(c) As a rundown, smoke-filled, unhealthy gathering place.
(d) As a den of inequity.
5. What does Richardson believe keeps true peace from existing among Sawi people?
(a) The fact that they are illiterate.
(b) The inability of the Sawi people to understand what peace is.
(c) The possibility of tusi asonai man.
(d) The belief of the Sawi people in demons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What brings a time of peace to the Sawi tribes?
2. What does Hurip trade to obtain his "kapak," his steel ax?
3. What is the second level of despair?
4. Why is Hadi so important to Don Richardson?
5. What is the primary redemptive analogy which Richardson uses to reach the tribal people?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)