|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25, Out of the Ancestral Cacoon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the Sawi people so upset with Don Richardson over his actions with Warahai?
(a) Richardson is not allowing the rain gods to bring nourishment to the jungle.
(b) Richardson is trying to save a bad man.
(c) Richardson is not allowing them to carry out their death and dying rituals.
(d) Richardson is keeping the village from going on a wild boar hunt.
2. How is wild boar meat carried out of the jungle?
(a) In a woven sago frond pack.
(b) In a bamboo box strapped on the hunter's shoulders and head.
(c) On a large platter of ironwood, carried on the hunter's head.
(d) In a wheelbarrow.
3. What does Don Richardson say to the battling warriors?
(a) "Es! That's enough!"
(b) "Get out of my front yard!"
(c) "There is another way!"
(d) "No more steel tools unless you stop!"
4. What does "Myao Kondon" mean?
(a) The greatest Spirit.
(b) The big tree just beyond view.
(c) The thousand lakes and rivers.
(d) The end of the end.
5. What is the name of the tribe that Don Richardson and his wife Carol live with?
(a) The Soweto tribe.
(b) The South End tribe.
(c) The Sowanda tribe.
(d) The Sawi tribe.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Yae get from the tree house to the ground?
2. What is the third level of despair?
3. Why does Amio want Hurip to die?
4. What is the primary redemptive analogy which Richardson uses to reach the tribal people?
5. What problems does Richardson face personally as he starts his sixth month of living with the Sawi people?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)