|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25, Out of the Ancestral Cacoon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author describe a Sawi manhouse?
(a) As a rundown, smoke-filled, unhealthy gathering place.
(b) As the Parthenon of Sawi culture.
(c) As a den of inequity.
(d) As a library and movie theatre in the Sawi village.
2. What is the first level of despair?
(a) Hiking three miles to a nearby death camp.
(b) Tearing one's clothing and covering oneself in ashes.
(c) Sleeping with the body of the person who has died.
(d) Waiting for nine days and nights as the body decomposes in the grave house.
3. How old is Don Richardson when he first felt a spiritual call to serve God as a missionary?
4. What are the relatives of Warahai doing to his body now that they believe his soul has left?
(a) Putting heavy stones on him in order to sink his body to the bottom of the river.
(b) Carrying him around the village on their shoulders.
(c) Burning him with coals, shouting his name and pinching him.
(d) Laying sago bread across his chest.
5. Do the Sawi warriors bring weapons with them to Pirimapun?
(a) Yes, they line their canoes with 40 palmwood bows and hundreds of arrows.
(b) No, they are not worried about attack because they have supplies to trade.
(c) Yes, they take plenty of guns and ammunition to guard their goods.
(d) No, it is forbidden to take any weapon on the river; the spirit gods will be angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Are the Sawi women involved in head hunting?
2. What do the Sawi warriors do when they meet Don Richardson and John McCain for the first time?
3. How is wild boar meat carried out of the jungle?
4. What is "aumamay"?
5. What is Aham's role in the village?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)