|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25, Out of the Ancestral Cacoon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1963 who does the Dutch government begin to give control of the Netherlands New Guinea to?
(a) Through the League of Nations they give control to the United States.
(b) Through the World Court they give control to Australia.
(c) Through the United Nations they transfer control to Indonesian sovereignty.
(d) Through the Geneva Accord they give control to the Sawi.
2. What does the high pitched command signal should happen?
(a) It signals that the drums should begin.
(b) It signals that everyone should go home.
(c) It signals that the Richardsons should be attacked and brought down.
(d) It signals that the children should ask for food and water.
3. What does Hato say about God?
(a) "God must not care for us if such things happen."
(b) "God must have been sad just like me."
(c) "God does not know what he is doing."
(d) "God must be very, very far away."
4. How does Yae get from the tree house to the ground?
(a) Yae jumps into a soft pile of leaves.
(b) Yae swings from vines to a nearby tree and then jumps down.
(c) Yae travels from treetop to treetop, rarely touching the ground.
(d) Yae climbs down a long, vine-fastened ladder.
5. What is the first thing Warahi says when he comes out of his coma?
(a) "Where am I?"
(b) "O Mother, don't be sad."
(c) "Help me up, I must walk."
(d) "I am hungry."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hurip trade to obtain his "kapak," his steel ax?
2. Where is Netherlands New Guinea, or Irian Jaya as it is later called, located in relation to Australia?
3. Why does Amio want Hurip to die?
4. Why do the elders Kigo, Hatu and Numu volunteer to make contact with the Tuans?
5. Where are dead bodies interred in a Sawi village?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)