|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25, Out of the Ancestral Cacoon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Patches?
(a) The translator who makes "patchwork" of the early communications with the Sawi tribe.
(b) The nickname for Richardson's young son.
(c) The cook who makes fried sago worms for Richardson's family.
(d) The fierce watchdog that lives with the missionary family of John McCain.
2. What do the Sawi people believe airplanes are?
(a) Supernatural creatures.
(b) German bomber planes.
(c) River spirits.
(d) Chariots of the gods.
3. What is the name of the sea which the Kronkel river empties into?
(a) The Arafura Sea.
(b) The Agrabar Waterway.
(c) The Atlantic Ocean.
(d) The Agramenon Basin.
4. When Don Richardson first goes to work with the Sawi people, what foreign nation had claimed that area as its own?
(a) The Americans.
(b) The Australians.
(c) The Germans.
(d) The Netherlands.
5. What part of the human skeleton do Sawi children play with?
(a) The leg bones.
(b) The entire skeleton.
(c) The polished skull.
(d) The hip socket.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people can be seated at a worship service inside the new Sawidome?
2. In the Sawi language, how many tenses does each verb have?
3. What is the weather like on the day the Richardson family arrives at their new home?
4. What are the two pillars Richardson refers to?
5. Why is Beray not welcoming to the men from Wiyar?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)