|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25, Out of the Ancestral Cacoon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Hadi so important to Don Richardson?
(a) Hadi is the only Sawi who can read.
(b) Hadi is blind and Richardson feels very sorry for him.
(c) Richardson feels that somehow Hadi is related to him.
(d) He is the first Sawi that Richardson has contact with and he speaks several tribal languages.
2. How many pigs are being cooked on this first Christmas?
(d) Five hundred.
3. What is the first thing Warahi says when he comes out of his coma?
(a) "O Mother, don't be sad."
(b) "Help me up, I must walk."
(c) "Where am I?"
(d) "I am hungry."
4. When Don Richardson first goes to work with the Sawi people, what foreign nation had claimed that area as its own?
(a) The Netherlands.
(b) The Germans.
(c) The Americans.
(d) The Australians.
5. What is the Eren ceremony?
(a) A ritual in which women cook pork and sago to celebrate the full moon.
(b) A ritual in which a girl or woman is given the full status of matriarch.
(c) A ceremony in which a man and woman adopt orphaned children.
(d) A ritual in which a girl or woman is given the jawbone of a freshly killed victim.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is willing to give up his only son?
2. What does Don Richardson interpret the tumult of Sawi activity as?
3. How many pounds does the average wild boar weigh?
4. What is "aumamay"?
5. Who is building Richardson's house?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)