|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25, Out of the Ancestral Cacoon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Hadi so important to Don Richardson?
(a) Richardson feels that somehow Hadi is related to him.
(b) Hadi is the only Sawi who can read.
(c) Hadi is blind and Richardson feels very sorry for him.
(d) He is the first Sawi that Richardson has contact with and he speaks several tribal languages.
2. Why are the Sawi people so upset with Don Richardson over his actions with Warahai?
(a) Richardson is keeping the village from going on a wild boar hunt.
(b) Richardson is trying to save a bad man.
(c) Richardson is not allowing the rain gods to bring nourishment to the jungle.
(d) Richardson is not allowing them to carry out their death and dying rituals.
3. What does the woman Anai do when she hears that Yae's jawbone will be given to her?
(a) She takes the bone and grinds it into fine dust and then spreads it atop the river.
(b) She is filled with remorse and grief and refuses to take it.
(c) She promises that she will send it to Yae's wife as an expression of her sympathy.
(d) She cries out in jubilation and dances to celebrate her great honor.
4. What is the first level of despair?
(a) Waiting for nine days and nights as the body decomposes in the grave house.
(b) Sleeping with the body of the person who has died.
(c) Tearing one's clothing and covering oneself in ashes.
(d) Hiking three miles to a nearby death camp.
5. What are the relatives of Warahai doing to his body now that they believe his soul has left?
(a) Laying sago bread across his chest.
(b) Carrying him around the village on their shoulders.
(c) Putting heavy stones on him in order to sink his body to the bottom of the river.
(d) Burning him with coals, shouting his name and pinching him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richardson believe keeps true peace from existing among Sawi people?
2. What do Aham and Richardson have in common?
3. What does eating flesh for the first time mean to Sawi children?
4. What is the Prairie Bible Institute?
5. What does Richardson believe is stopping the Sawi people from following the Christian path?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)