|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25, Out of the Ancestral Cacoon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two villages are fighting on the Tuan's doorstep?
(a) The Kayangar and the Sawi are in battle.
(b) The Kamur and Haenam villages are in battle.
(c) The Sawi are fighting the Tuan.
(d) The Harasiomi and the Kaondahari are fighting.
2. What does Don Richardson do that frightens the Sawi people away from his house?
(a) He shoots a shot gun in their direction.
(b) He lights a kerosene lamp in the darkness.
(c) He eats brains.
(d) He throws a handful of firecrackers out of the front door.
3. What does the Sawi expression "hahap kaman" mean?
(a) The group is full of ecstatic joy.
(b) All is lost and there is no hope left.
(c) Dinner is ready.
(d) The warriors are about to attack.
4. Why do the young boys spread the news that the Richardson family is eating brains?
(a) Because their macaroni supper looks like brains.
(b) Because the Richardsons frighten them.
(c) Because Richardsons tell the boys this to frighten them.
(d) Because they are lying to get attention.
5. How old is Don Richardson when he first felt a spiritual call to serve God as a missionary?
Short Answer Questions
1. What event shatters the air of tension between the tribes on the first day of building?
2. What does Don Richardson believe the real battle is about?
3. What do the Sawi men build on the Kronkel river under Richardson's guidance?
4. What does "Kanggime" mean in the language Dani?
5. How does Richardson deal with the Kayagar chief, Yae, when the chief begins to speak loudly?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)