|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, The Living Dead.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Don Richardson most shocked to discover about the Sawi people?
(a) That they often get lost.
(b) That they honor goodness and light.
(c) That they honor cruelty.
(d) That they eat no fruit.
2. Where is Yae sitting at the beginning of chapter one?
(a) Yae is sitting in his treehouse, forty feet above the Kronkel river.
(b) Yae is sitting by the man-made pool in his backyard.
(c) Yae is sitting in a plane which is on its way to Istanbul.
(d) Yae is sitting in the hospital where his wife is dying in childbirth.
3. What is Don Richardson's first order of business with the Sawi tribe?
(a) To learn the Sawi language.
(b) To establish trading alliances with neighboring tribes.
(c) To convert the children to Christianity.
(d) To cure the sick and heal the lame.
4. Who is the first patriarch in the Sawi tribe to convert to Christianity?
5. What are the two pillars Richardson refers to?
(a) The pillar of treacherous violence and the pillar of the peace child.
(b) The pillars of wealth and fame.
(c) The pillars of the Old Testament and the New Testament.
(d) The center two pillars which support the manhouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Ironwood Curtain?
2. What does the Sawi expression "hahap kaman" mean?
3. In Sawi what does "cool water" mean?
4. What do Sawi use to build the floors of their homes?
5. What life forms must the Richardson family learn to live with inside their new home?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)