|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, The Living Dead.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time of day does the Richardson family arrive at their new home?
2. What is unique about the kidari along the Kronkel river?
(a) The kidari is the longest straight stretch of the river.
(b) The kidari is a waterfall which falls some 500 feet.
(c) The kidari has dangerous currents which should be avoided.
(d) The kidari has many types of exotic fish which visit it.
3. What does eating flesh for the first time mean to Sawi children?
(a) It means that they will someday go to heaven and be an angel.
(b) It means they are now an adult.
(c) It means that they no longer belong to the tribe.
(d) They are crossing a major threshold necessary to known the ultimate essence of their existence.
4. What brings the Sawi villagers to a sudden halt when they hear it for the first time?
(a) The song of a lark at break of day.
(b) The diesel engines of the Dutch military boats.
(c) The large migration of birds which flew overhead.
(d) The explosion of a nuclear bomb.
5. Do the Sawi men believe their children are strong?
(a) No, they know their own children are very fragile.
(b) Yes, they believe their own children can withstand anything.
(c) They do not care about their own children.
(d) Yes, they believe their own children are immortal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Sawi people believe airplanes are?
2. What part of the human skeleton do Sawi children play with?
3. What does seven-month-old Stephen think of his first journey down the Kronkel river?
4. What do the Sawi warriors bring on their first trading mission to Pirimapun?
5. What do Sawi people do if twins are born?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)