|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, The Living Dead.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of flour do the Sawi women use to make bread?
(a) Rice flour.
(b) Whole wheat flour.
(c) Bamboo fiber flour.
(d) Sago flour.
2. How does Richardson deal with the Kayagar chief, Yae, when the chief begins to speak loudly?
(a) Richardson hits Yae very hard with a pile driver.
(b) Richardson gets the Sawi chief to fight Yae.
(c) Richardson gets on his knees and prays loudly for peace.
(d) Richardson puts his hand on Yae's shoulder and speaks English in a soothing tone.
3. What are the relatives of Warahai doing to his body now that they believe his soul has left?
(a) Burning him with coals, shouting his name and pinching him.
(b) Laying sago bread across his chest.
(c) Carrying him around the village on their shoulders.
(d) Putting heavy stones on him in order to sink his body to the bottom of the river.
4. Why do the elders Kigo, Hatu and Numu volunteer to make contact with the Tuans?
(a) The elders are forced by their tribesmen to do this.
(b) The elders are confused and don't know what they are doing.
(c) These elders have learned some of the Auyu language and think maybe that is what the Tuans speak.
(d) The elders are near death anyway and think they have little to lose
5. What year do the Richardsons go to New Guinea?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Don Richardson find a way into the hearts and minds of the tribe?
2. Who is the first patriarch in the Sawi tribe to convert to Christianity?
3. What life forms must the Richardson family learn to live with inside their new home?
4. What do the Sawi people call Jesus?
5. Do the Sawi men believe their children are strong?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)