|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, The Living Dead.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Richardson deal with the Kayagar chief, Yae, when the chief begins to speak loudly?
(a) Richardson gets on his knees and prays loudly for peace.
(b) Richardson gets the Sawi chief to fight Yae.
(c) Richardson puts his hand on Yae's shoulder and speaks English in a soothing tone.
(d) Richardson hits Yae very hard with a pile driver.
2. What does Richardson feel when he first shakes hands with a Sawi elder?
(a) That the Sawi will never understand the way of the modern world.
(b) That the Sawi are very short but quite strong.
(c) That they are equally human...flesh and blood...men.
(d) That these people are not to be trusted...ever...
3. Why is Hadi so important to Don Richardson?
(a) He is the first Sawi that Richardson has contact with and he speaks several tribal languages.
(b) Hadi is blind and Richardson feels very sorry for him.
(c) Richardson feels that somehow Hadi is related to him.
(d) Hadi is the only Sawi who can read.
4. How many treehouses are there, in total, in the Mauro village?
(c) Seven hundred and fifty.
5. Why is Richardson so excited about the peace child ritual?
(a) He is not excited; he thinks it is all very hopeless and sad.
(b) He thinks it will make a good book.
(c) He believes that Christianity must have been introduced to the Sawi long ago.
(d) It shows the Sawi people are capable of understanding and practicing peace.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Don and Carol Richardson travel to New Guinea in 1962?
2. What does Richardson like about the possibility of building on the kidari?
3. What does Richardson believe is stopping the Sawi people from following the Christian path?
4. How many pounds does the average wild boar weigh?
5. What is the only safe way for a Sawi person to drink water from the river?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)