|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, The Living Dead.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ebenezer G. Vine?
(a) An explorer and geographer who had charted Africa.
(b) A veteran missionary who speaks at Don Richardson's college.
(c) A well known philosopher and theologian from Denmark.
(d) The great-grandfather of Don Richardson's who farmed in Nebraska.
2. What does eating flesh for the first time mean to Sawi children?
(a) They are crossing a major threshold necessary to known the ultimate essence of their existence.
(b) It means that they no longer belong to the tribe.
(c) It means they are now an adult.
(d) It means that they will someday go to heaven and be an angel.
3. What does Narai do when he sees the arrival of the Richardsons?
(a) He shoots a flaming arrow back towards the village.
(b) He sends a warning shot on the new gun that Richardson gave him.
(c) He blows a warning signal on his bamboo horn to the other tribespeople.
(d) He sends up a flare to the other tribespeople.
4. What event shatters the air of tension between the tribes on the first day of building?
(a) A storm suddenly appears and lightning strikes the building.
(b) The Missionary Aviation Fellowship plane arrives.
(c) A boat from John McCain arrives
(d) Richardson begins to rail and rage at both tribes.
5. Who is the patriarch of the Tumdu?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Richardsons go to live in New Guinea?
2. What is "saravon"?
3. What does the white skin of the Tuans remind the Sawi people of?
4. What is the primary redemptive analogy which Richardson uses to reach the tribal people?
5. What does the expression "to fatten with friendship for the slaughter" mean?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)