|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, The Living Dead.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Richardsons, Winifred and Mavo fall off the capsized dugout and into the Kronkel river, what happens first?
(a) Crocodiles immediately surround them.
(b) Carol swims to the bank with her infant child.
(c) Winifred and Mavo go back to the dugout and Mavo climbs on top of it.
(d) Richardson rescues Stephen.
2. What does the expression "to fatten with friendship for the slaughter" mean?
(a) Forming friendships with the purpose of betrayal, murder and cannibalism.
(b) Preparing young men for battle with many feasts.
(c) Raising poultry in a kind and humane way.
(d) Raising beef cattle in jungle areas using grain and vegetables.
3. What is the Ironwood Curtain?
(a) It refers to the border of iron which the Sawi people have erected around their territory.
(b) It means passing into the jungle that is full of trees which are called ironwood because of their dense hard wood.
(c) It refers to that curtain which hangs between life and death.
(d) It means passing from the life of easy and plenty, where there is much light, to the darker world of the jungle.
4. A typical stone axe would be swung 40 times to fell a tree. How many times does Hurip have to swing his steel axe to cut down the tree?
(a) Four times
(c) 39 times.
(d) 80 times.
5. What does the high pitched command signal should happen?
(a) It signals that everyone should go home.
(b) It signals that the children should ask for food and water.
(c) It signals that the drums should begin.
(d) It signals that the Richardsons should be attacked and brought down.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stands at the front of the battle, on the front line, so to speak?
2. Why does Kauwan refuse to help Yae escape his terrible fate?
3. What does "Myao Kondon" mean?
4. When Don Richardson first goes to work with the Sawi people, what foreign nation had claimed that area as its own?
5. How many wives does the patriarch of Tumdu have?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)