|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, The Living Dead.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does a Sawi wife shave her head?
(a) Because it customary for a bride to have a shaved head.
(b) Because it would show how wise she was.
(c) Because of lice.
(d) Because her husband has died.
2. Who stands at the front of the battle, on the front line, so to speak?
(a) The most experienced warriors.
(b) The young teenage boys.
(c) The women.
(d) The jesters and clowns are sent to the front to distract.
3. What brings a time of peace to the Sawi tribes?
(a) The weather is very calm.
(b) The Tuans give many gifts.
(c) The peace child exchange between two villages.
(d) The river is full of fish.
4. In the story about Jesus, who do the Sawi admire?
(a) Mary Magdalene.
(c) Pontius Pilate.
5. What do the women do during battle?
(a) The women throw stones and sharp rocks at the enemy.
(b) The women curse and bang their pounding sticks on the ground.
(c) The women taunt their own men to be more brave.
(d) The women shield the children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Yae's wife, Kautap, cooking as Yae waits to go to Haenam?
2. What does Kauwan say that Yae should have given him in order to truly win his protection?
3. What vessel does the Richardson family use to arrive at their new home?
4. What kind of flour do the Sawi women use to make bread?
5. What is the Prairie Bible Institute?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)