|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, The Living Dead.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Richardson so excited about the peace child ritual?
(a) He believes that Christianity must have been introduced to the Sawi long ago.
(b) He is not excited; he thinks it is all very hopeless and sad.
(c) It shows the Sawi people are capable of understanding and practicing peace.
(d) He thinks it will make a good book.
2. How many pounds does the average wild boar weigh?
(a) 180 pounds.
(b) 50 pounds.
(c) 10 pounds.
(d) 1,000 pounds.
3. What do the Sawi people do when the long poles holding up their homes begin to rot?
(a) They move to another location.
(b) They lower their houses to the ground.
(c) They work with their neighbors and replace all the poles.
(d) They replace them with steel girders.
4. What insult is hurtled at a Haenam youth which almost starts a serious battle?
(a) He is called "weird old man."
(b) He is called "lizard-skin."
(c) He is called "tuan like."
(d) He is called "slow as mud."
5. What does Richardson conclude has been the reason Sawi people have survived so long?
(a) Their habit of bathing in the river.
(b) Their habit of living in small, isolated groups.
(c) Their habit of aggressive fighting.
(d) Their habit of fishing and hunting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two villages are fighting on the Tuan's doorstep?
2. What is "aumamay"?
3. Why is it so important to Richardson that the patriarchs, the older men, convert to Christianity?
4. Why do the Richardsons go to live in New Guinea?
5. What does the high pitched command signal should happen?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)