|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, The Living Dead.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Tuans give the elders who come out to meet them for the first time?
(a) Necklaces made of brightly colored beads.
(b) Pens, paper and stamps.
(c) A bible, radio and a flashlight.
(d) Matches, razorblades and fishing equipment.
2. Why is Richardson shocked by the dead man Warahai's condition?
(a) Warahai has been dead many days.
(b) Warahai has been eaten by crocodiles.
(c) Warahai has been wrapped in sago leaves.
(d) Warahai is still conscious, has a faint pulse and is breathing.
3. Who is waiting at the new homesite when the Richardsons arrive?
(a) No one is waiting. The whole area is deserted.
(b) Two hundred armed warriors and many women and children,
(c) John McCain and his wife.
(d) Hato and Yae.
4. Who is Ebenezer G. Vine?
(a) A well known philosopher and theologian from Denmark.
(b) An explorer and geographer who had charted Africa.
(c) The great-grandfather of Don Richardson's who farmed in Nebraska.
(d) A veteran missionary who speaks at Don Richardson's college.
5. What do the women do during battle?
(a) The women shield the children.
(b) The women throw stones and sharp rocks at the enemy.
(c) The women taunt their own men to be more brave.
(d) The women curse and bang their pounding sticks on the ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problems does Richardson face personally as he starts his sixth month of living with the Sawi people?
2. What does the Sawi expression "hahap kaman" mean?
3. What do the Sawi people believe airplanes are?
4. Yae's young brother Sao is ill. What is his sickness?
5. What do the Sawi people call Jesus?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)