|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, The Living Dead.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Tumdu women use as flour in their cooking?
(a) Ironwood tree flour.
(b) Whole wheat flour.
(c) Sago palm flour.
(d) Bamboo plant flour.
2. Mahean is the first to step forward to try to carry out the peace child ritual. What stops him?
(a) His wife, Syado, takes her child and runs back to the tribe.
(b) The child on his back weeps and wails until Mahean gives up.
(c) A shower of arrows stops him.
(d) His conscience gets the better of him.
3. Who is willing to give up his only son?
4. Why must the women, young men and children leave when Yae's skull is cracked open?
(a) Because they are not allowed to eat brains.
(b) Because it is forbidden for them to hear the sound of a skull breaking open.
(c) Because only the older men are cannibals in the Sawi tribe.
(d) Because they all had to go and swim in the river until nightfall.
5. What is the word that Sawi greet one another with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most powerful family relationship in Sawi culture?
2. How old is Don Richardson when he first felt a spiritual call to serve God as a missionary?
3. What does the woman Anai do when she hears that Yae's jawbone will be given to her?
4. What do Sawi men smoke in their pipes?
5. What is Yae waiting for before he goes to the village of Haenam?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)