|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, The Living Dead.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What flag flies on the deck of the "super canoe"?
(a) The Dutch flag.
(b) The Irian Jaya flag.
(c) The flag of pirates.
(d) The stars and stripes of the United States.
2. What does Richardson conclude has been the reason Sawi people have survived so long?
(a) Their habit of living in small, isolated groups.
(b) Their habit of bathing in the river.
(c) Their habit of aggressive fighting.
(d) Their habit of fishing and hunting.
3. What brings the Sawi villagers to a sudden halt when they hear it for the first time?
(a) The song of a lark at break of day.
(b) The diesel engines of the Dutch military boats.
(c) The large migration of birds which flew overhead.
(d) The explosion of a nuclear bomb.
4. What does "Tuwi asonai makaerin" mean?
(a) To leave a little on one's plate.
(b) To give a child in exchange for goods and services.
(c) To fatten with friendship.
(d) To bow with deep respect to ones mother in law.
5. What does "Myao Kondon" mean?
(a) The thousand lakes and rivers.
(b) The big tree just beyond view.
(c) The end of the end.
(d) The greatest Spirit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Tuans give the elders who come out to meet them for the first time?
2. What insult is hurtled at a Haenam youth which almost starts a serious battle?
3. Who is willing to give up his only son?
4. What vessel does the Richardson family use to arrive at their new home?
5. What does Richardson believe is stopping the Sawi people from following the Christian path?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)