|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, The Living Dead.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does a Sawi wife shave her head?
(a) Because her husband has died.
(b) Because it would show how wise she was.
(c) Because of lice.
(d) Because it customary for a bride to have a shaved head.
2. What does the word "navo" mean in Sawi?
(d) Help me.
3. What do the Sawi people raise their children to be?
(a) Strong willed.
(b) Invisible in the jungle.
(c) Quiet and reticent.
(d) Musical and artistic.
4. What does seven-month-old Stephen think of his first journey down the Kronkel river?
(a) Stephen is full of wonder and awe.
(b) Stephen is very frightened and cannot stop crying.
(c) Stephen is bored and plays with his toys, rarely looking up.
(d) Stephen sleeps the entire way.
5. Why is Richardson so excited about the peace child ritual?
(a) He is not excited; he thinks it is all very hopeless and sad.
(b) He thinks it will make a good book.
(c) It shows the Sawi people are capable of understanding and practicing peace.
(d) He believes that Christianity must have been introduced to the Sawi long ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Carol Richardson feeling as she steps onto the bank of her new home?
2. Why is Richardson shocked by the dead man Warahai's condition?
3. What event shatters the air of tension between the tribes on the first day of building?
4. What is the Prairie Bible Institute?
5. What does "Kanggime" mean in the language Dani?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)