|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, The Living Dead.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Patches?
(a) The fierce watchdog that lives with the missionary family of John McCain.
(b) The nickname for Richardson's young son.
(c) The translator who makes "patchwork" of the early communications with the Sawi tribe.
(d) The cook who makes fried sago worms for Richardson's family.
2. What does the high pitched command signal should happen?
(a) It signals that the drums should begin.
(b) It signals that the Richardsons should be attacked and brought down.
(c) It signals that everyone should go home.
(d) It signals that the children should ask for food and water.
3. What principle does Don Richardson believe God gives him to offer the tribal people?
(a) The principle of redemption.
(b) The principle of original sin.
(c) The principle of cause and effect.
(d) The principle of capitalism.
4. When Don Richardson first goes to work with the Sawi people, what foreign nation had claimed that area as its own?
(a) The Netherlands.
(b) The Germans.
(c) The Americans.
(d) The Australians.
5. What does the Richardson family sleep underneath?
(a) A crucifix.
(b) A mosquito net.
(c) A wooden box.
(d) The open sky full of stars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Hadi so important to Don Richardson?
2. What kind of flour do the Sawi women use to make bread?
3. Who is building Richardson's house?
4. What insult is hurtled at a Haenam youth which almost starts a serious battle?
5. What does "my liver trembles" refer to?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)