|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, The Living Dead.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Sawi people believe airplanes are?
(a) German bomber planes.
(b) River spirits.
(c) Chariots of the gods.
(d) Supernatural creatures.
2. In Sawi what does "cool water" mean?
(a) Shocking truth.
(b) Cold nights.
3. In 1963 who does the Dutch government begin to give control of the Netherlands New Guinea to?
(a) Through the League of Nations they give control to the United States.
(b) Through the United Nations they transfer control to Indonesian sovereignty.
(c) Through the World Court they give control to Australia.
(d) Through the Geneva Accord they give control to the Sawi.
4. What does Hurip trade to obtain his "kapak," his steel ax?
(a) Many months of work.
(b) One of his children.
(c) Pork, fish and stone-tipped arrows.
(d) Gold and silver.
5. How many tribes are in the area of New Guinea?
(a) Only one.
(b) Fifteen distinct tribes.
(c) Five distinct tribes and ten which could not be classified.
(d) An estimated four hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it so difficult for the Sawi people to convert to Richardson's faith?
2. How does Yae get from the tree house to the ground?
3. Who is building Richardson's house?
4. What do the Tumdu women use as flour in their cooking?
5. What do the Sawi warriors bring on their first trading mission to Pirimapun?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)