|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, The Living Dead.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What brings a time of peace to the Sawi tribes?
(a) The Tuans give many gifts.
(b) The river is full of fish.
(c) The weather is very calm.
(d) The peace child exchange between two villages.
2. What do the Sawi people call Jesus?
(a) Jesus the Tailor, the one who makes us new.
(b) Tahari Tamala, the spirit who rises again.
(c) Tarap Tim Kodon, the perfect peace child.
(d) Tawanda Tahoi, the one who is beyond reach.
3. What does Hurip trade to obtain his "kapak," his steel ax?
(a) Gold and silver.
(b) One of his children.
(c) Many months of work.
(d) Pork, fish and stone-tipped arrows.
4. What does Richardson believe is unavoidable in our present world?
(a) Despair and continual war.
(b) The end of all we know.
(c) Annihilation and destruction.
(d) Cross-cultural communication.
5. What is the Eren ceremony?
(a) A ritual in which women cook pork and sago to celebrate the full moon.
(b) A ritual in which a girl or woman is given the full status of matriarch.
(c) A ceremony in which a man and woman adopt orphaned children.
(d) A ritual in which a girl or woman is given the jawbone of a freshly killed victim.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is building Richardson's house?
2. Who actually completes the murder of Yae?
3. What might a visitor in a Sawi village be offered as a snack?
4. Who is the first patriarch in the Sawi tribe to convert to Christianity?
5. What flag flies on the deck of the "super canoe"?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)