|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, The Living Dead.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather like on the day the Richardson family arrives at their new home?
(a) It is a very windy, chilly day on the high plains.
(b) It is a hot, humid day in the jungle.
(c) It is a rainy tropical day during the monsoon.
(d) It is a cold night, almost freezing, when they arrive.
2. Why do the young boys spread the news that the Richardson family is eating brains?
(a) Because their macaroni supper looks like brains.
(b) Because Richardsons tell the boys this to frighten them.
(c) Because the Richardsons frighten them.
(d) Because they are lying to get attention.
3. What is the name of the sea which the Kronkel river empties into?
(a) The Arafura Sea.
(b) The Atlantic Ocean.
(c) The Agrabar Waterway.
(d) The Agramenon Basin.
4. What year do the Richardsons go to New Guinea?
5. Where is Yae's wife, Kautap, cooking as Yae waits to go to Haenam?
(a) In a small boat floating on the river.
(b) At the central place inside the treehouse.
(c) At the stove in her government-supplied trailer.
(d) In the summer kitchen which is a separate building out back.
Short Answer Questions
1. Are the Sawi women involved in head hunting?
2. What time of day does the Richardson family arrive at their new home?
3. What kind of flour do the Sawi women use to make bread?
4. What is the name of the tribe that Don Richardson and his wife Carol live with?
5. Mahean is the first to step forward to try to carry out the peace child ritual. What stops him?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)