|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Cool Water Tomorrow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stands at the front of the battle, on the front line, so to speak?
(a) The jesters and clowns are sent to the front to distract.
(b) The young teenage boys.
(c) The women.
(d) The most experienced warriors.
2. What do the women do during battle?
(a) The women taunt their own men to be more brave.
(b) The women curse and bang their pounding sticks on the ground.
(c) The women shield the children.
(d) The women throw stones and sharp rocks at the enemy.
3. Why does a Sawi wife shave her head?
(a) Because it customary for a bride to have a shaved head.
(b) Because her husband has died.
(c) Because of lice.
(d) Because it would show how wise she was.
4. Why must the women, young men and children leave when Yae's skull is cracked open?
(a) Because they all had to go and swim in the river until nightfall.
(b) Because it is forbidden for them to hear the sound of a skull breaking open.
(c) Because they are not allowed to eat brains.
(d) Because only the older men are cannibals in the Sawi tribe.
5. What kind of flour do the Sawi women use to make bread?
(a) Bamboo fiber flour.
(b) Rice flour.
(c) Whole wheat flour.
(d) Sago flour.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Tuans reportedly have to prevent fever and heal sores?
2. Why do the Richardsons go to live in New Guinea?
3. Who is the patriarch of the Tumdu?
4. What do Sawi people do if twins are born?
5. What does Don Richardson interpret the tumult of Sawi activity as?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)