|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Cool Water Tomorrow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Sawi warriors bring on their first trading mission to Pirimapun?
(a) Sago flour, beetle grubs, lori parrots and chickens.
(b) Elaborately carved masks and feather-adorned costumes.
(c) Guns, ammunition, spears and dynamite.
(d) Pottery made from dark red riverbank clay.
2. What does "Myao Kondon" mean?
(a) The greatest Spirit.
(b) The big tree just beyond view.
(c) The end of the end.
(d) The thousand lakes and rivers.
3. What brings the Sawi villagers to a sudden halt when they hear it for the first time?
(a) The diesel engines of the Dutch military boats.
(b) The song of a lark at break of day.
(c) The large migration of birds which flew overhead.
(d) The explosion of a nuclear bomb.
4. Who is willing to give up his only son?
5. Who is Patches?
(a) The fierce watchdog that lives with the missionary family of John McCain.
(b) The cook who makes fried sago worms for Richardson's family.
(c) The translator who makes "patchwork" of the early communications with the Sawi tribe.
(d) The nickname for Richardson's young son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the human skeleton do Sawi children play with?
2. What is Don Richardson feeling as he steps onto the bank of the Kronkel and meets those who are waiting for them?
3. What is Yae waiting for before he goes to the village of Haenam?
4. What is Don Richardson's first order of business with the Sawi tribe?
5. Why must the women, young men and children leave when Yae's skull is cracked open?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)