|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Cool Water Tomorrow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Don Richardson when he first felt a spiritual call to serve God as a missionary?
2. What does Don Richardson believe the real battle is about?
(a) Between the savagery and the gospel of peace.
(b) Between the modern world and the stone age world.
(c) Between God and Satan.
(d) Between women and men.
3. What is the only safe way for a Sawi person to drink water from the river?
(a) To put one's head underwater completely and drink.
(b) To drink it with a straw-like tool made of sago leaves.
(c) To toss each scoop of water in the air and catch it in one's mouth.
(d) The river water must never be drunk. It is full of germs.
4. What do Sawi men smoke in their pipes?
(a) Dried mushrooms.
(b) Sago leaves.
(c) Tobacco leaves.
(d) Ground bones of wild boars.
5. In the story about Jesus, who do the Sawi admire?
(b) Mary Magdalene.
(c) Pontius Pilate.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many tribes are in the area of New Guinea?
2. What year do the Richardsons go to New Guinea?
3. How many wives does Yae's cousin Wasi have?
4. How does Don Richardson find a way into the hearts and minds of the tribe?
5. What is the Eren ceremony?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)