|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Cool Water Tomorrow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A typical stone axe would be swung 40 times to fell a tree. How many times does Hurip have to swing his steel axe to cut down the tree?
(a) 39 times.
(b) Four times
(c) 80 times.
2. What flag flies on the deck of the "super canoe"?
(a) The flag of pirates.
(b) The Dutch flag.
(c) The Irian Jaya flag.
(d) The stars and stripes of the United States.
3. Why is Hadi so important to Don Richardson?
(a) Hadi is blind and Richardson feels very sorry for him.
(b) He is the first Sawi that Richardson has contact with and he speaks several tribal languages.
(c) Richardson feels that somehow Hadi is related to him.
(d) Hadi is the only Sawi who can read.
4. Do the Sawi warriors bring weapons with them to Pirimapun?
(a) Yes, they take plenty of guns and ammunition to guard their goods.
(b) No, it is forbidden to take any weapon on the river; the spirit gods will be angry.
(c) Yes, they line their canoes with 40 palmwood bows and hundreds of arrows.
(d) No, they are not worried about attack because they have supplies to trade.
5. How many pounds does the average wild boar weigh?
(a) 180 pounds.
(b) 50 pounds.
(c) 1,000 pounds.
(d) 10 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mahean is the first to step forward to try to carry out the peace child ritual. What stops him?
2. What does the high pitched command signal should happen?
3. Why must the women, young men and children leave when Yae's skull is cracked open?
4. What do the Sawi assume when they hear that the Tuans are almost all men?
5. What does "Tuwi asonai makaerin" mean?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)