|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Cool Water Tomorrow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Sawi warriors bring on their first trading mission to Pirimapun?
(a) Guns, ammunition, spears and dynamite.
(b) Pottery made from dark red riverbank clay.
(c) Elaborately carved masks and feather-adorned costumes.
(d) Sago flour, beetle grubs, lori parrots and chickens.
2. What does Kauwan say that Yae should have given him in order to truly win his protection?
(a) His own wife.
(b) A gun and sword.
(c) A peace child.
(d) A thousand dollars.
3. Why do the Richardsons go to live in New Guinea?
(a) They have no choice; they are sent by their families.
(b) They think the climate would be good for their health.
(c) They are writing a book on ancient cultures and want to do research.
(d) They feel called to serve God as missionaries.
4. What kind of flour do the Sawi women use to make bread?
(a) Bamboo fiber flour.
(b) Whole wheat flour.
(c) Rice flour.
(d) Sago flour.
5. In Sawi what does "cool water" mean?
(a) Shocking truth.
(d) Cold nights.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is building Richardson's house?
2. What do the Sawi people raise their children to be?
3. What do the Tumdu women use as flour in their cooking?
4. What is the Eren ceremony?
5. What is Don Richardson feeling as he steps onto the bank of the Kronkel and meets those who are waiting for them?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)