|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Cool Water Tomorrow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is waiting at the new homesite when the Richardsons arrive?
(a) John McCain and his wife.
(b) Two hundred armed warriors and many women and children,
(c) Hato and Yae.
(d) No one is waiting. The whole area is deserted.
2. Who is building Richardson's house?
(a) Richardson builds the home by himself.
(b) The Sawi women are the builders of Richardson's home.
(c) Kayagar, Atohwaem and Sawi tribes, along with Richardson and McCain build the home.
(d) Richardson brings in missionaries from all over New Guinea to build.
3. What medicine do the Richardsons have which saves the lives of Mavu, Nair and Paha?
4. What is the Prairie Bible Institute?
(a) A large university in Nebraska which was founded by Mennonites.
(b) A far right think tank in western Kansas.
(c) A Christian community and missionary training school in Alberta, Canada.
(d) A school which teaches English and Dutch to the children from the Sawi culture.
5. What do the Sawi warriors do when they meet Don Richardson and John McCain for the first time?
(a) They stand in their canoes completely and totally still.
(b) They panic, many of them leaping out of the canoes; everyone trembling.
(c) They launch an attack of arrows.
(d) Most of the warriors faint and have to be revived with camphor.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Don Richardson first goes to work with the Sawi people, what foreign nation had claimed that area as its own?
2. How does the author describe a Sawi manhouse?
3. What problems does Richardson face personally as he starts his sixth month of living with the Sawi people?
4. Who is willing to give up his only son?
5. What does the expression "to fatten with friendship for the slaughter" mean?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)