|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Cool Water Tomorrow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don Richardson believe the real battle is about?
(a) Between the savagery and the gospel of peace.
(b) Between God and Satan.
(c) Between women and men.
(d) Between the modern world and the stone age world.
2. What flag flies on the deck of the "super canoe"?
(a) The flag of pirates.
(b) The Dutch flag.
(c) The Irian Jaya flag.
(d) The stars and stripes of the United States.
3. What do the Tuans give the elders who come out to meet them for the first time?
(a) Matches, razorblades and fishing equipment.
(b) Necklaces made of brightly colored beads.
(c) Pens, paper and stamps.
(d) A bible, radio and a flashlight.
4. What year do the Richardsons go to New Guinea?
5. What is the primary redemptive analogy which Richardson uses to reach the tribal people?
(a) The tribal ritual of Jesus and the disciples.
(b) The tribal ritual of "fattening for slaughter."
(c) The tribal ritual of marriage.
(d) The tribal ritual of a "peace child."
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story about Jesus, who do the Sawi admire?
2. How many piers are driven into the jungle floor to build Richardson's house?
3. What does Richardson build his home with?
4. What do Sawi use to build the floors of their homes?
5. What do the Sawi people believe airplanes are?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)