|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Cool Water Tomorrow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Biakadon?
(a) The young man who works for the Richardsons.
(b) The legendary god of the sea.
(c) The infant son of Kaiyo and Wumi.
(d) The leader of the Kumar village.
2. When Don Richardson first goes to work with the Sawi people, what foreign nation had claimed that area as its own?
(a) The Americans.
(b) The Netherlands.
(c) The Germans.
(d) The Australians.
3. What is the name of the sea which the Kronkel river empties into?
(a) The Atlantic Ocean.
(b) The Agramenon Basin.
(c) The Agrabar Waterway.
(d) The Arafura Sea.
4. What part of the human skeleton do Sawi children play with?
(a) The entire skeleton.
(b) The leg bones.
(c) The polished skull.
(d) The hip socket.
5. What does "Kanggime" mean in the language Dani?
(a) The place of death.
(b) Land without time.
(c) Mission State.
(d) Waiting until the sun comes up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Richardson believe the real battle is about?
2. Where is Yae sitting at the beginning of chapter one?
3. What brings the Sawi villagers to a sudden halt when they hear it for the first time?
4. What do the Sawi people do when the long poles holding up their homes begin to rot?
5. How many treehouses are there, in total, in the Mauro village?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)