|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Cool Water Tomorrow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Sawi people do when the long poles holding up their homes begin to rot?
(a) They replace them with steel girders.
(b) They lower their houses to the ground.
(c) They move to another location.
(d) They work with their neighbors and replace all the poles.
2. What does eating flesh for the first time mean to Sawi children?
(a) It means that they no longer belong to the tribe.
(b) They are crossing a major threshold necessary to known the ultimate essence of their existence.
(c) It means that they will someday go to heaven and be an angel.
(d) It means they are now an adult.
3. What event shatters the air of tension between the tribes on the first day of building?
(a) A storm suddenly appears and lightning strikes the building.
(b) Richardson begins to rail and rage at both tribes.
(c) A boat from John McCain arrives
(d) The Missionary Aviation Fellowship plane arrives.
4. A typical stone axe would be swung 40 times to fell a tree. How many times does Hurip have to swing his steel axe to cut down the tree?
(a) Four times
(b) 39 times.
(c) 80 times.
5. Why is Hadi so important to Don Richardson?
(a) He is the first Sawi that Richardson has contact with and he speaks several tribal languages.
(b) Hadi is the only Sawi who can read.
(c) Richardson feels that somehow Hadi is related to him.
(d) Hadi is blind and Richardson feels very sorry for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two villages are fighting on the Tuan's doorstep?
2. Where is Yae's wife, Kautap, cooking as Yae waits to go to Haenam?
3. What is Don Richardson most shocked to discover about the Sawi people?
4. What does the woman Anai do when she hears that Yae's jawbone will be given to her?
5. What principle does Don Richardson believe God gives him to offer the tribal people?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)