|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Cool Water Tomorrow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richardson like about the possibility of building on the kidari?
(a) It is a good place for the mission plane to land.
(b) It is close to connections for electricity and gas.
(c) It is surrounded by huge stone walls.
(d) It is in the middle of a large village.
2. What happens to Er when he makes advances towards a girl?
(a) She chases him into the river.
(b) She accuses him of terrible things and he is banished.
(c) Her male relatives shoot him with arrows.
(d) He is forced to marry the girl.
3. What does Don Richardson do that frightens the Sawi people away from his house?
(a) He shoots a shot gun in their direction.
(b) He eats brains.
(c) He throws a handful of firecrackers out of the front door.
(d) He lights a kerosene lamp in the darkness.
4. When Don Richardson first goes to work with the Sawi people, what foreign nation had claimed that area as its own?
(a) The Americans.
(b) The Germans.
(c) The Australians.
(d) The Netherlands.
5. How do Don and Carol Richardson travel to New Guinea in 1962?
(a) They drive from Canada to Mexico, take a small yacht across the Pacific Ocean and land in New Guinea.
(b) They fly from New York City on the Concorde and then drive into the Sawi territory.
(c) They sail from Vancouver on the ship "Oriana" and then fly into the interior.
(d) They fly to Russia and then to Zurich and then to Australia and finally take a sailboat up to New Guinea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Sawi people do when the long poles holding up their homes begin to rot?
2. What does Richardson believe is unavoidable in our present world?
3. What is the only safe way for a Sawi person to drink water from the river?
4. How many piers are driven into the jungle floor to build Richardson's house?
5. Do the Sawi warriors bring weapons with them to Pirimapun?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)