|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Cool Water Tomorrow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Yae going on a journey to the nearby village of Haenam?
(a) He is thinking of moving from Mauro to Haenam.
(b) He is going to visit his mother who lives in Haenam.
(c) He is trying to forge an alliance between his village, Mauro, and Haenam.
(d) He is campaigning for political office and needs the support of Haenam villagers.
2. What does "Myao Kondon" mean?
(a) The greatest Spirit.
(b) The end of the end.
(c) The big tree just beyond view.
(d) The thousand lakes and rivers.
3. What does Don Richardson respect about the Sawi men?
(a) They are well traveled and have been all over the world.
(b) They are accomplished naturalists and have great courage and survival skills.
(c) They are excellent writers and have captured their history in many books.
(d) He does not respect anything about the Sawi men.
4. What part of the human skeleton do Sawi children play with?
(a) The leg bones.
(b) The entire skeleton.
(c) The hip socket.
(d) The polished skull.
5. Why do the elders Kigo, Hatu and Numu volunteer to make contact with the Tuans?
(a) These elders have learned some of the Auyu language and think maybe that is what the Tuans speak.
(b) The elders are forced by their tribesmen to do this.
(c) The elders are confused and don't know what they are doing.
(d) The elders are near death anyway and think they have little to lose
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stands at the front of the battle, on the front line, so to speak?
2. What does the high pitched command signal should happen?
3. What is the ancient Sawi custom of "waness"?
4. What is the Prairie Bible Institute?
5. Who is the patriarch of the Tumdu?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)