|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Cool Water Tomorrow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Netherlands New Guinea, or Irian Jaya as it is later called, located in relation to Australia?
(a) It is in Australia, right in the central district.
(b) Southwest of Australia.
(c) It is not near Australia but located near India.
(d) Directly north of Australia.
2. What does Richardson like about the possibility of building on the kidari?
(a) It is surrounded by huge stone walls.
(b) It is in the middle of a large village.
(c) It is a good place for the mission plane to land.
(d) It is close to connections for electricity and gas.
3. What might a visitor in a Sawi village be offered as a snack?
(a) Pudding made from a bear liver.
(b) Freshly toasted sago grubs.
(c) Lobster, recently cooked and dipped in butter.
(d) Chicken pot pie with carrots and potatoes.
4. What is the primary redemptive analogy which Richardson uses to reach the tribal people?
(a) The tribal ritual of marriage.
(b) The tribal ritual of a "peace child."
(c) The tribal ritual of Jesus and the disciples.
(d) The tribal ritual of "fattening for slaughter."
5. What is Carol Richardson feeling as she steps onto the bank of her new home?
(a) Carol is excited and awed.
(b) Carol is very angry with her husband.
(c) Carol is planning her escape.
(d) Carol is hysterical with weeping.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mahean is the first to step forward to try to carry out the peace child ritual. What stops him?
2. What does the high pitched command signal should happen?
3. Yae's young brother Sao is ill. What is his sickness?
4. What does Kauwan say that Yae should have given him in order to truly win his protection?
5. What do the Sawi people raise their children to be?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)