|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Cool Water Tomorrow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kauwan say that Yae should have given him in order to truly win his protection?
(a) His own wife.
(b) A gun and sword.
(c) A peace child.
(d) A thousand dollars.
2. Why are the Kayagar men upset with Richardson when he announces his intention to build a home in Sawi territory?
(a) The Kayagar village of Amyam is better at building houses than the Sawi.
(b) The Kayagar men are afraid of the Sawi and think that Richardson will be killed.
(c) The Kayagar people don't want to paddle all the way down the river.
(d) The village of Amyam is desperate to have a Tuan live with them.
3. Why do the Richardsons go to live in New Guinea?
(a) They feel called to serve God as missionaries.
(b) They are writing a book on ancient cultures and want to do research.
(c) They think the climate would be good for their health.
(d) They have no choice; they are sent by their families.
4. What is the Eren ceremony?
(a) A ritual in which a girl or woman is given the jawbone of a freshly killed victim.
(b) A ceremony in which a man and woman adopt orphaned children.
(c) A ritual in which women cook pork and sago to celebrate the full moon.
(d) A ritual in which a girl or woman is given the full status of matriarch.
5. When Don Richardson first goes to work with the Sawi people, what foreign nation had claimed that area as its own?
(a) The Germans.
(b) The Australians.
(c) The Netherlands.
(d) The Americans.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is wild boar meat carried out of the jungle?
2. What do the Tuans give the elders who come out to meet them for the first time?
3. What is Don Richardson feeling as he steps onto the bank of the Kronkel and meets those who are waiting for them?
4. How many wives does Yae's cousin Wasi have?
5. What does the white skin of the Tuans remind the Sawi people of?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)