|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Cool Water Tomorrow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does a Sawi wife shave her head?
(a) Because it customary for a bride to have a shaved head.
(b) Because it would show how wise she was.
(c) Because her husband has died.
(d) Because of lice.
2. Do the Sawi warriors bring weapons with them to Pirimapun?
(a) Yes, they line their canoes with 40 palmwood bows and hundreds of arrows.
(b) No, they are not worried about attack because they have supplies to trade.
(c) Yes, they take plenty of guns and ammunition to guard their goods.
(d) No, it is forbidden to take any weapon on the river; the spirit gods will be angry.
3. What life forms must the Richardson family learn to live with inside their new home?
(a) Dogs, cats, parakeets, goats, cows, chickens and ducks.
(b) Worms, pythons, crocodiles, lions, jungle bears and hippos.
(c) Elephants, giraffes, picolos, vultures, eagles and griffins.
(d) Mosquitoes, cockroaches, crickets, flies, rats, lizards, bats and birds.
4. What principle does Don Richardson believe God gives him to offer the tribal people?
(a) The principle of capitalism.
(b) The principle of cause and effect.
(c) The principle of original sin.
(d) The principle of redemption.
5. When Yae arrives at the Haenam village at the beginning of Chapter 2, why is he so confident?
(a) He is marrying the chief's daughter and will soon be related to the tribe.
(b) He is carrying a concealed gun so that if there is trouble, he can defend himself.
(c) He is bringing them steel axes and a chain saw.
(d) He has been visiting them for seven months and they have been very friendly and warm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Richardson say to the battling warriors?
2. What is the most powerful family relationship in Sawi culture?
3. Why are the Kayagar men upset with Richardson when he announces his intention to build a home in Sawi territory?
4. Why is Hadi so important to Don Richardson?
5. When Don Richardson first goes to work with the Sawi people, what foreign nation had claimed that area as its own?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)