|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Cool Water Tomorrow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What vessel does the Richardson family use to arrive at their new home?
(a) A rowboat with diesel motor.
(b) A long dugout canoe.
(c) A speedboat.
(d) A plane.
2. What does Don Richardson believe the real battle is about?
(a) Between women and men.
(b) Between God and Satan.
(c) Between the modern world and the stone age world.
(d) Between the savagery and the gospel of peace.
3. What do the Sawi assume when they hear that the Tuans are almost all men?
(a) The men must fight to obtain wives since there are so few women.
(b) Tuans kill and eat their women.
(c) Tuans are supernatural and do not need to procreate.
(d) Tuans live forever and therefore do not need offspring.
4. Why do the young boys spread the news that the Richardson family is eating brains?
(a) Because their macaroni supper looks like brains.
(b) Because they are lying to get attention.
(c) Because the Richardsons frighten them.
(d) Because Richardsons tell the boys this to frighten them.
5. What does the Richardson family sleep underneath?
(a) A mosquito net.
(b) A wooden box.
(c) The open sky full of stars.
(d) A crucifix.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does eating flesh for the first time mean to Sawi children?
2. What kind of flour do the Sawi women use to make bread?
3. What does Hurip trade to obtain his "kapak," his steel ax?
4. Why does Kauwan refuse to help Yae escape his terrible fate?
5. Who is Biakadon?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)