|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Cool Water Tomorrow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story about Jesus, who do the Sawi admire?
(a) Pontius Pilate.
(c) Mary Magdalene.
2. What does Richardson believe keeps true peace from existing among Sawi people?
(a) The belief of the Sawi people in demons.
(b) The possibility of tusi asonai man.
(c) The inability of the Sawi people to understand what peace is.
(d) The fact that they are illiterate.
3. What is Don Richardson feeling as he steps onto the bank of the Kronkel and meets those who are waiting for them?
(a) He is feeling triumphant at having made the voyage.
(b) He is psyching himself up for the sermon he is going to give.
(c) He is angry at his wife for being so scared.
(d) He is frightened that he may have misread the situation.
4. Why does Yae's wife, Kautap, throw his stone ax in the river when she hears that her husband has been murdered?
(a) She is mad with grief.
(b) She is angry at him for going to Haenam.
(c) She doesn't want anyone else to use it.
(d) She believes Yae's spirit will need the ax in the world of the dead.
5. What insult is hurtled at a Haenam youth which almost starts a serious battle?
(a) He is called "tuan like."
(b) He is called "weird old man."
(c) He is called "lizard-skin."
(d) He is called "slow as mud."
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these terms can be used to describe the tribe?
2. What vessel does the Richardson family use to arrive at their new home?
3. What part of the human skeleton do Sawi children play with?
4. How does Richardson deal with the Kayagar chief, Yae, when the chief begins to speak loudly?
5. Why is Yae going on a journey to the nearby village of Haenam?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)