|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Cool Water Tomorrow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the expression "to fatten with friendship for the slaughter" mean?
(a) Preparing young men for battle with many feasts.
(b) Raising beef cattle in jungle areas using grain and vegetables.
(c) Raising poultry in a kind and humane way.
(d) Forming friendships with the purpose of betrayal, murder and cannibalism.
2. Who is waiting at the new homesite when the Richardsons arrive?
(a) No one is waiting. The whole area is deserted.
(b) Hato and Yae.
(c) John McCain and his wife.
(d) Two hundred armed warriors and many women and children,
3. What is the weather like on the day the Richardson family arrives at their new home?
(a) It is a hot, humid day in the jungle.
(b) It is a cold night, almost freezing, when they arrive.
(c) It is a very windy, chilly day on the high plains.
(d) It is a rainy tropical day during the monsoon.
4. What might a visitor in a Sawi village be offered as a snack?
(a) Chicken pot pie with carrots and potatoes.
(b) Lobster, recently cooked and dipped in butter.
(c) Pudding made from a bear liver.
(d) Freshly toasted sago grubs.
5. How many tribes are in the area of New Guinea?
(a) Only one.
(b) Five distinct tribes and ten which could not be classified.
(c) An estimated four hundred.
(d) Fifteen distinct tribes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Yae get from the tree house to the ground?
2. Why does Kauwan refuse to help Yae escape his terrible fate?
3. What is the Ironwood Curtain?
4. What machine does the Richardson family have that is very mysterious to the Sawi people?
5. Who actually completes the murder of Yae?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)