|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Cool Water Tomorrow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Sawi expression "hahap kaman" mean?
(a) The warriors are about to attack.
(b) The group is full of ecstatic joy.
(c) Dinner is ready.
(d) All is lost and there is no hope left.
2. What does Richardson feel when he first shakes hands with a Sawi elder?
(a) That the Sawi will never understand the way of the modern world.
(b) That they are equally human...flesh and blood...men.
(c) That these people are not to be trusted...ever...
(d) That the Sawi are very short but quite strong.
3. Who actually completes the murder of Yae?
(a) He dies of starvation.
(b) The women and children of the Haenam village.
(c) The dogs of the village.
(d) His mother-in-law.
4. What does Don Richardson respect about the Sawi men?
(a) They are well traveled and have been all over the world.
(b) He does not respect anything about the Sawi men.
(c) They are accomplished naturalists and have great courage and survival skills.
(d) They are excellent writers and have captured their history in many books.
5. Who stands at the front of the battle, on the front line, so to speak?
(a) The women.
(b) The jesters and clowns are sent to the front to distract.
(c) The young teenage boys.
(d) The most experienced warriors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What medicine do the Richardsons have which saves the lives of Mavu, Nair and Paha?
2. What life forms must the Richardson family learn to live with inside their new home?
3. How many pounds does the average wild boar weigh?
4. What do the Tuans reportedly have to prevent fever and heal sores?
5. What problems does Richardson face personally as he starts his sixth month of living with the Sawi people?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)