|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Cool Water Tomorrow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effect does the tide have upon the black, algae-stained Kronkel river?
(a) The tide sends ocean salmon back to the place they spawned.
(b) The tide kills fish and wildlife as water rushes in and floods the area.
(c) The tide sends great cresting waves up the river which create chaos.
(d) The tide reverses the river's current and pushes it back into the swamp.
2. What have the Sawi villagers constructed around the Richardson home?
(a) Satanoun, battle structures.
(b) Tatious, boat docks.
(c) Saurai, temporary homes.
(d) Nadous, long fireplaces for cooking.
3. What is the name of the sea which the Kronkel river empties into?
(a) The Arafura Sea.
(b) The Agrabar Waterway.
(c) The Agramenon Basin.
(d) The Atlantic Ocean.
4. What is the Prairie Bible Institute?
(a) A school which teaches English and Dutch to the children from the Sawi culture.
(b) A Christian community and missionary training school in Alberta, Canada.
(c) A far right think tank in western Kansas.
(d) A large university in Nebraska which was founded by Mennonites.
5. What does seven-month-old Stephen think of his first journey down the Kronkel river?
(a) Stephen is full of wonder and awe.
(b) Stephen sleeps the entire way.
(c) Stephen is very frightened and cannot stop crying.
(d) Stephen is bored and plays with his toys, rarely looking up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Sawi people do if twins are born?
2. What does Don Richardson interpret the tumult of Sawi activity as?
3. What might a visitor in a Sawi village be offered as a snack?
4. What do the Sawi people raise their children to be?
5. What does Kauwan say that Yae should have given him in order to truly win his protection?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)