|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Cool Water Tomorrow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does eating flesh for the first time mean to Sawi children?
(a) It means that they no longer belong to the tribe.
(b) They are crossing a major threshold necessary to known the ultimate essence of their existence.
(c) It means they are now an adult.
(d) It means that they will someday go to heaven and be an angel.
2. What do the Tuans reportedly have to prevent fever and heal sores?
(a) Witchcraft called "obat."
(b) Animal totems.
(c) Antibiotics and oxygen tanks.
(d) Fire breathing guns.
3. What does the high pitched command signal should happen?
(a) It signals that everyone should go home.
(b) It signals that the drums should begin.
(c) It signals that the Richardsons should be attacked and brought down.
(d) It signals that the children should ask for food and water.
4. What is the name of the tribe that Don Richardson and his wife Carol live with?
(a) The South End tribe.
(b) The Soweto tribe.
(c) The Sawi tribe.
(d) The Sowanda tribe.
5. A typical stone axe would be swung 40 times to fell a tree. How many times does Hurip have to swing his steel axe to cut down the tree?
(b) 39 times.
(c) 80 times.
(d) Four times
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Er when he makes advances towards a girl?
2. Yae's young brother Sao is ill. What is his sickness?
3. What does seven-month-old Stephen think of his first journey down the Kronkel river?
4. What is the word that Sawi greet one another with?
5. What is the Ironwood Curtain?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)