|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Cool Water Tomorrow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the Kayagar men upset with Richardson when he announces his intention to build a home in Sawi territory?
(a) The Kayagar men are afraid of the Sawi and think that Richardson will be killed.
(b) The village of Amyam is desperate to have a Tuan live with them.
(c) The Kayagar people don't want to paddle all the way down the river.
(d) The Kayagar village of Amyam is better at building houses than the Sawi.
2. What principle does Don Richardson believe God gives him to offer the tribal people?
(a) The principle of redemption.
(b) The principle of capitalism.
(c) The principle of original sin.
(d) The principle of cause and effect.
3. What do the Tumdu women use as flour in their cooking?
(a) Whole wheat flour.
(b) Bamboo plant flour.
(c) Ironwood tree flour.
(d) Sago palm flour.
4. What is the only safe way for a Sawi person to drink water from the river?
(a) To drink it with a straw-like tool made of sago leaves.
(b) To put one's head underwater completely and drink.
(c) To toss each scoop of water in the air and catch it in one's mouth.
(d) The river water must never be drunk. It is full of germs.
5. What is the most powerful family relationship in Sawi culture?
(a) A mother and her grandmother.
(b) A man and his mother-in-law.
(c) A man and his wife.
(d) Brother to brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Yae going on a journey to the nearby village of Haenam?
2. What do the Sawi warriors bring on their first trading mission to Pirimapun?
3. What event shatters the air of tension between the tribes on the first day of building?
4. Why do the Richardsons go to live in New Guinea?
5. What is unique about the kidari along the Kronkel river?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)