|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, A Baptism of Strangeness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Yae's young brother Sao is ill. What is his sickness?
(a) Sao has malaria.
(b) Sao is mentally ill.
(c) Sao has an immune system infection similar to AIDS.
(d) Sao has developed early dementia.
2. What is unique about the kidari along the Kronkel river?
(a) The kidari is a waterfall which falls some 500 feet.
(b) The kidari has dangerous currents which should be avoided.
(c) The kidari is the longest straight stretch of the river.
(d) The kidari has many types of exotic fish which visit it.
3. What brings the Sawi villagers to a sudden halt when they hear it for the first time?
(a) The large migration of birds which flew overhead.
(b) The song of a lark at break of day.
(c) The explosion of a nuclear bomb.
(d) The diesel engines of the Dutch military boats.
4. What is "saravon"?
(a) A customary display of force meant to reassure guests that they are safe.
(b) A nutritious stew made of pork, sago and onions.
(c) The relationship between a Sawi man and his mother-in-law.
(d) A milky drink offered to the river gods every morning.
5. What is the Prairie Bible Institute?
(a) A far right think tank in western Kansas.
(b) A large university in Nebraska which was founded by Mennonites.
(c) A school which teaches English and Dutch to the children from the Sawi culture.
(d) A Christian community and missionary training school in Alberta, Canada.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Richardson family sleep underneath?
2. What is the Eren ceremony?
3. What does Richardson like about the possibility of building on the kidari?
4. What does the white skin of the Tuans remind the Sawi people of?
5. What is the name of the sea which the Kronkel river empties into?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)