|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, A Baptism of Strangeness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Carol Richardson feeling as she steps onto the bank of her new home?
(a) Carol is planning her escape.
(b) Carol is excited and awed.
(c) Carol is hysterical with weeping.
(d) Carol is very angry with her husband.
2. What do the Tuans give the elders who come out to meet them for the first time?
(a) Pens, paper and stamps.
(b) Matches, razorblades and fishing equipment.
(c) A bible, radio and a flashlight.
(d) Necklaces made of brightly colored beads.
3. How does Yae get from the tree house to the ground?
(a) Yae swings from vines to a nearby tree and then jumps down.
(b) Yae jumps into a soft pile of leaves.
(c) Yae climbs down a long, vine-fastened ladder.
(d) Yae travels from treetop to treetop, rarely touching the ground.
4. How does Don Richardson find a way into the hearts and minds of the tribe?
(a) By connecting with their own cultural redemptive analogies.
(b) By having a great sense of humor.
(c) By cooking great meals and making good friends with the elders.
(d) By paying them large sums of cash.
5. What is the weather like on the day the Richardson family arrives at their new home?
(a) It is a cold night, almost freezing, when they arrive.
(b) It is a very windy, chilly day on the high plains.
(c) It is a rainy tropical day during the monsoon.
(d) It is a hot, humid day in the jungle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these terms can be used to describe the tribe?
2. What does the Richardson family sleep underneath?
3. Why does Kauwan refuse to help Yae escape his terrible fate?
4. How old is Don Richardson when he first felt a spiritual call to serve God as a missionary?
5. What is the name of the sea which the Kronkel river empties into?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)