|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, A Baptism of Strangeness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the high pitched command signal should happen?
(a) It signals that the drums should begin.
(b) It signals that the Richardsons should be attacked and brought down.
(c) It signals that everyone should go home.
(d) It signals that the children should ask for food and water.
2. Do the Sawi warriors bring weapons with them to Pirimapun?
(a) Yes, they take plenty of guns and ammunition to guard their goods.
(b) No, they are not worried about attack because they have supplies to trade.
(c) No, it is forbidden to take any weapon on the river; the spirit gods will be angry.
(d) Yes, they line their canoes with 40 palmwood bows and hundreds of arrows.
3. What is the weather like on the day the Richardson family arrives at their new home?
(a) It is a rainy tropical day during the monsoon.
(b) It is a very windy, chilly day on the high plains.
(c) It is a cold night, almost freezing, when they arrive.
(d) It is a hot, humid day in the jungle.
4. What do Sawi use to build the floors of their homes?
(a) Split palm tree bark.
(d) Clay from the riverbank.
5. Why are the Kayagar men upset with Richardson when he announces his intention to build a home in Sawi territory?
(a) The Kayagar people don't want to paddle all the way down the river.
(b) The Kayagar men are afraid of the Sawi and think that Richardson will be killed.
(c) The Kayagar village of Amyam is better at building houses than the Sawi.
(d) The village of Amyam is desperate to have a Tuan live with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many tribes are in the area of New Guinea?
2. Why do the Richardsons go to live in New Guinea?
3. What is Don Richardson feeling as he steps onto the bank of the Kronkel and meets those who are waiting for them?
4. How many wives does Yae's cousin Wasi have?
5. What is the Prairie Bible Institute?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)