|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, A Baptism of Strangeness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Don Richardson when he first felt a spiritual call to serve God as a missionary?
2. How many piers are driven into the jungle floor to build Richardson's house?
(a) Forty-five piers are placed.
(b) Two piers are placed.
(c) Sixteen piers are placed.
(d) There are no piers; it is a small platform that the trailer sat on.
3. What is the ancient Sawi custom of "waness"?
(a) The custom of soaking food in water before eating it.
(b) A bind created by one person eating food which has touched another person's genitals.
(c) A custom of men having more than one wife.
(d) One person mixing blood with another person.
4. What does the Richardson family sleep underneath?
(a) A wooden box.
(b) The open sky full of stars.
(c) A mosquito net.
(d) A crucifix.
5. What do Sawi men smoke in their pipes?
(a) Tobacco leaves.
(b) Sago leaves.
(c) Dried mushrooms.
(d) Ground bones of wild boars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Yae's wife, Kautap, cooking as Yae waits to go to Haenam?
2. How does Don Richardson find a way into the hearts and minds of the tribe?
3. What does the high pitched command signal should happen?
4. What might a visitor in a Sawi village be offered as a snack?
5. When Don Richardson first goes to work with the Sawi people, what foreign nation had claimed that area as its own?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)