|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Gods From the Sky.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who actually completes the murder of Yae?
(a) The dogs of the village.
(b) The women and children of the Haenam village.
(c) He dies of starvation.
(d) His mother-in-law.
2. How does Don Richardson find a way into the hearts and minds of the tribe?
(a) By having a great sense of humor.
(b) By connecting with their own cultural redemptive analogies.
(c) By paying them large sums of cash.
(d) By cooking great meals and making good friends with the elders.
3. What is the Prairie Bible Institute?
(a) A Christian community and missionary training school in Alberta, Canada.
(b) A school which teaches English and Dutch to the children from the Sawi culture.
(c) A large university in Nebraska which was founded by Mennonites.
(d) A far right think tank in western Kansas.
4. What part of the human skeleton do Sawi children play with?
(a) The leg bones.
(b) The polished skull.
(c) The hip socket.
(d) The entire skeleton.
5. Where is Yae's wife, Kautap, cooking as Yae waits to go to Haenam?
(a) At the central place inside the treehouse.
(b) In a small boat floating on the river.
(c) At the stove in her government-supplied trailer.
(d) In the summer kitchen which is a separate building out back.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Richardson deal with the Kayagar chief, Yae, when the chief begins to speak loudly?
2. Why are the Kayagar men upset with Richardson when he announces his intention to build a home in Sawi territory?
3. What flag flies on the deck of the "super canoe"?
4. What is "saravon"?
5. Who is building Richardson's house?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)