|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Gods From the Sky.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who actually completes the murder of Yae?
(a) The dogs of the village.
(b) He dies of starvation.
(c) The women and children of the Haenam village.
(d) His mother-in-law.
2. What is the word that Sawi greet one another with?
3. What does Richardson like about the possibility of building on the kidari?
(a) It is close to connections for electricity and gas.
(b) It is surrounded by huge stone walls.
(c) It is a good place for the mission plane to land.
(d) It is in the middle of a large village.
4. What principle does Don Richardson believe God gives him to offer the tribal people?
(a) The principle of cause and effect.
(b) The principle of capitalism.
(c) The principle of original sin.
(d) The principle of redemption.
5. When Don Richardson first goes to work with the Sawi people, what foreign nation had claimed that area as its own?
(a) The Americans.
(b) The Australians.
(c) The Netherlands.
(d) The Germans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a good strategy for a Sawi village that wants to take revenge against another village?
2. What is unique about the kidari along the Kronkel river?
3. What does "Tuwi asonai makaerin" mean?
4. Are the Sawi women involved in head hunting?
5. What is the ancient Sawi custom of "waness"?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)