|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Gods From the Sky.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Yae get from the tree house to the ground?
(a) Yae jumps into a soft pile of leaves.
(b) Yae travels from treetop to treetop, rarely touching the ground.
(c) Yae swings from vines to a nearby tree and then jumps down.
(d) Yae climbs down a long, vine-fastened ladder.
2. What does Richardson feel when he first shakes hands with a Sawi elder?
(a) That these people are not to be trusted...ever...
(b) That they are equally human...flesh and blood...men.
(c) That the Sawi will never understand the way of the modern world.
(d) That the Sawi are very short but quite strong.
3. Are the Sawi women involved in head hunting?
(a) Yes, they are very good with spears and often had better aim than their husbands.
(b) The Sawi women are involved only if they are married.
(c) Yes, they often lead the charge to the offending village.
(d) Not directly, but they encourage murder and would participate in clubbing to death wounded victims.
4. What does the woman Anai do when she hears that Yae's jawbone will be given to her?
(a) She promises that she will send it to Yae's wife as an expression of her sympathy.
(b) She cries out in jubilation and dances to celebrate her great honor.
(c) She is filled with remorse and grief and refuses to take it.
(d) She takes the bone and grinds it into fine dust and then spreads it atop the river.
5. Why is Yae going on a journey to the nearby village of Haenam?
(a) He is going to visit his mother who lives in Haenam.
(b) He is campaigning for political office and needs the support of Haenam villagers.
(c) He is trying to forge an alliance between his village, Mauro, and Haenam.
(d) He is thinking of moving from Mauro to Haenam.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does a Sawi wife shave her head?
2. What is unique about the kidari along the Kronkel river?
3. What is the most powerful family relationship in Sawi culture?
4. What principle does Don Richardson believe God gives him to offer the tribal people?
5. What do the Sawi warriors do when they meet Don Richardson and John McCain for the first time?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)