|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Gods From the Sky.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only safe way for a Sawi person to drink water from the river?
(a) The river water must never be drunk. It is full of germs.
(b) To put one's head underwater completely and drink.
(c) To toss each scoop of water in the air and catch it in one's mouth.
(d) To drink it with a straw-like tool made of sago leaves.
2. What kind of flour do the Sawi women use to make bread?
(a) Whole wheat flour.
(b) Rice flour.
(c) Sago flour.
(d) Bamboo fiber flour.
3. What year do the Richardsons go to New Guinea?
4. What does the woman Anai do when she hears that Yae's jawbone will be given to her?
(a) She cries out in jubilation and dances to celebrate her great honor.
(b) She takes the bone and grinds it into fine dust and then spreads it atop the river.
(c) She is filled with remorse and grief and refuses to take it.
(d) She promises that she will send it to Yae's wife as an expression of her sympathy.
5. What effect does the tide have upon the black, algae-stained Kronkel river?
(a) The tide sends great cresting waves up the river which create chaos.
(b) The tide kills fish and wildlife as water rushes in and floods the area.
(c) The tide reverses the river's current and pushes it back into the swamp.
(d) The tide sends ocean salmon back to the place they spawned.
Short Answer Questions
1. A typical stone axe would be swung 40 times to fell a tree. How many times does Hurip have to swing his steel axe to cut down the tree?
2. How does Don Richardson find a way into the hearts and minds of the tribe?
3. Who is building Richardson's house?
4. What is the Eren ceremony?
5. What is the name of the tribe that Don Richardson and his wife Carol live with?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)