|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Gods From the Sky.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Sawi warriors do when they meet Don Richardson and John McCain for the first time?
(a) They stand in their canoes completely and totally still.
(b) Most of the warriors faint and have to be revived with camphor.
(c) They panic, many of them leaping out of the canoes; everyone trembling.
(d) They launch an attack of arrows.
2. How many wives does Yae's cousin Wasi have?
(d) Twenty five.
3. What does the woman Anai do when she hears that Yae's jawbone will be given to her?
(a) She promises that she will send it to Yae's wife as an expression of her sympathy.
(b) She is filled with remorse and grief and refuses to take it.
(c) She cries out in jubilation and dances to celebrate her great honor.
(d) She takes the bone and grinds it into fine dust and then spreads it atop the river.
4. What is the most powerful family relationship in Sawi culture?
(a) A mother and her grandmother.
(b) A man and his mother-in-law.
(c) Brother to brother.
(d) A man and his wife.
5. Why do the elders Kigo, Hatu and Numu volunteer to make contact with the Tuans?
(a) The elders are near death anyway and think they have little to lose
(b) The elders are confused and don't know what they are doing.
(c) The elders are forced by their tribesmen to do this.
(d) These elders have learned some of the Auyu language and think maybe that is what the Tuans speak.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect does the tide have upon the black, algae-stained Kronkel river?
2. How does Richardson deal with the Kayagar chief, Yae, when the chief begins to speak loudly?
3. What is the Ironwood Curtain?
4. What does Hurip trade to obtain his "kapak," his steel ax?
5. What does Richardson like about the possibility of building on the kidari?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)