|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Gods From the Sky.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Are the Sawi women involved in head hunting?
(a) The Sawi women are involved only if they are married.
(b) Yes, they often lead the charge to the offending village.
(c) Yes, they are very good with spears and often had better aim than their husbands.
(d) Not directly, but they encourage murder and would participate in clubbing to death wounded victims.
2. What might a visitor in a Sawi village be offered as a snack?
(a) Lobster, recently cooked and dipped in butter.
(b) Pudding made from a bear liver.
(c) Freshly toasted sago grubs.
(d) Chicken pot pie with carrots and potatoes.
3. How does Yae get from the tree house to the ground?
(a) Yae climbs down a long, vine-fastened ladder.
(b) Yae travels from treetop to treetop, rarely touching the ground.
(c) Yae jumps into a soft pile of leaves.
(d) Yae swings from vines to a nearby tree and then jumps down.
4. What does Richardson feel when he first shakes hands with a Sawi elder?
(a) That these people are not to be trusted...ever...
(b) That the Sawi are very short but quite strong.
(c) That the Sawi will never understand the way of the modern world.
(d) That they are equally human...flesh and blood...men.
5. When Don Richardson first goes to work with the Sawi people, what foreign nation had claimed that area as its own?
(a) The Germans.
(b) The Netherlands.
(c) The Australians.
(d) The Americans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richardson like about the possibility of building on the kidari?
2. What does eating flesh for the first time mean to Sawi children?
3. Who actually completes the murder of Yae?
4. Why do the Richardsons go to live in New Guinea?
5. How do Don and Carol Richardson travel to New Guinea in 1962?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)