|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Gods From the Sky.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the sea which the Kronkel river empties into?
(a) The Agramenon Basin.
(b) The Atlantic Ocean.
(c) The Arafura Sea.
(d) The Agrabar Waterway.
2. Who is Patches?
(a) The nickname for Richardson's young son.
(b) The fierce watchdog that lives with the missionary family of John McCain.
(c) The cook who makes fried sago worms for Richardson's family.
(d) The translator who makes "patchwork" of the early communications with the Sawi tribe.
3. When Yae arrives at the Haenam village at the beginning of Chapter 2, why is he so confident?
(a) He has been visiting them for seven months and they have been very friendly and warm.
(b) He is bringing them steel axes and a chain saw.
(c) He is carrying a concealed gun so that if there is trouble, he can defend himself.
(d) He is marrying the chief's daughter and will soon be related to the tribe.
4. What flag flies on the deck of the "super canoe"?
(a) The Dutch flag.
(b) The Irian Jaya flag.
(c) The flag of pirates.
(d) The stars and stripes of the United States.
5. How do Don and Carol Richardson travel to New Guinea in 1962?
(a) They fly to Russia and then to Zurich and then to Australia and finally take a sailboat up to New Guinea.
(b) They fly from New York City on the Concorde and then drive into the Sawi territory.
(c) They sail from Vancouver on the ship "Oriana" and then fly into the interior.
(d) They drive from Canada to Mexico, take a small yacht across the Pacific Ocean and land in New Guinea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richardson build his home with?
2. What event shatters the air of tension between the tribes on the first day of building?
3. What principle does Don Richardson believe God gives him to offer the tribal people?
4. What brings the Sawi villagers to a sudden halt when they hear it for the first time?
5. Who is Ebenezer G. Vine?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)