|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Gods From the Sky.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Don Richardson first goes to work with the Sawi people, what foreign nation had claimed that area as its own?
(a) The Americans.
(b) The Australians.
(c) The Germans.
(d) The Netherlands.
2. How old is Don Richardson when he first felt a spiritual call to serve God as a missionary?
3. How do Don and Carol Richardson travel to New Guinea in 1962?
(a) They sail from Vancouver on the ship "Oriana" and then fly into the interior.
(b) They fly from New York City on the Concorde and then drive into the Sawi territory.
(c) They fly to Russia and then to Zurich and then to Australia and finally take a sailboat up to New Guinea.
(d) They drive from Canada to Mexico, take a small yacht across the Pacific Ocean and land in New Guinea.
4. What does Richardson feel when he first shakes hands with a Sawi elder?
(a) That the Sawi will never understand the way of the modern world.
(b) That they are equally human...flesh and blood...men.
(c) That the Sawi are very short but quite strong.
(d) That these people are not to be trusted...ever...
5. How many piers are driven into the jungle floor to build Richardson's house?
(a) Two piers are placed.
(b) Forty-five piers are placed.
(c) Sixteen piers are placed.
(d) There are no piers; it is a small platform that the trailer sat on.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unique about the kidari along the Kronkel river?
2. Where is Yae sitting at the beginning of chapter one?
3. What do the Sawi people believe airplanes are?
4. How many wives does Yae's cousin Wasi have?
5. Where is Netherlands New Guinea, or Irian Jaya as it is later called, located in relation to Australia?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)