|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Gods From the Sky.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most powerful family relationship in Sawi culture?
(a) A man and his mother-in-law.
(b) A man and his wife.
(c) A mother and her grandmother.
(d) Brother to brother.
2. What does the woman Anai do when she hears that Yae's jawbone will be given to her?
(a) She is filled with remorse and grief and refuses to take it.
(b) She promises that she will send it to Yae's wife as an expression of her sympathy.
(c) She takes the bone and grinds it into fine dust and then spreads it atop the river.
(d) She cries out in jubilation and dances to celebrate her great honor.
3. What is unique about the kidari along the Kronkel river?
(a) The kidari is a waterfall which falls some 500 feet.
(b) The kidari has dangerous currents which should be avoided.
(c) The kidari is the longest straight stretch of the river.
(d) The kidari has many types of exotic fish which visit it.
4. Why does Kauwan refuse to help Yae escape his terrible fate?
(a) Kauwan is Yae's brother and has no power.
(b) Kauwan has been taken away to the jungle by his family.
(c) Kauwan has been promised a wife by one of the village men.
(d) Kauwan is deaf and cannot hear Yae's cry of fear.
5. What is the Prairie Bible Institute?
(a) A Christian community and missionary training school in Alberta, Canada.
(b) A school which teaches English and Dutch to the children from the Sawi culture.
(c) A far right think tank in western Kansas.
(d) A large university in Nebraska which was founded by Mennonites.
Short Answer Questions
1. What principle does Don Richardson believe God gives him to offer the tribal people?
2. What does Richardson feel when he first shakes hands with a Sawi elder?
3. What does "Kanggime" mean in the language Dani?
4. What does the Sawi expression "hahap kaman" mean?
5. What brings the Sawi villagers to a sudden halt when they hear it for the first time?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)