|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Gods From the Sky.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the expression "to fatten with friendship for the slaughter" mean?
(a) Raising beef cattle in jungle areas using grain and vegetables.
(b) Raising poultry in a kind and humane way.
(c) Preparing young men for battle with many feasts.
(d) Forming friendships with the purpose of betrayal, murder and cannibalism.
2. Why is Hadi so important to Don Richardson?
(a) He is the first Sawi that Richardson has contact with and he speaks several tribal languages.
(b) Richardson feels that somehow Hadi is related to him.
(c) Hadi is blind and Richardson feels very sorry for him.
(d) Hadi is the only Sawi who can read.
3. Who is Patches?
(a) The nickname for Richardson's young son.
(b) The translator who makes "patchwork" of the early communications with the Sawi tribe.
(c) The fierce watchdog that lives with the missionary family of John McCain.
(d) The cook who makes fried sago worms for Richardson's family.
4. Why does Yae's wife, Kautap, throw his stone ax in the river when she hears that her husband has been murdered?
(a) She believes Yae's spirit will need the ax in the world of the dead.
(b) She is mad with grief.
(c) She doesn't want anyone else to use it.
(d) She is angry at him for going to Haenam.
5. How many wives does Yae's cousin Wasi have?
(a) Twenty five.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year do the Richardsons go to New Guinea?
2. Why does Kauwan refuse to help Yae escape his terrible fate?
3. How does Yae get from the tree house to the ground?
4. Who is Ebenezer G. Vine?
5. What effect does the tide have upon the black, algae-stained Kronkel river?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)