|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Gods From the Sky.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Ironwood Curtain?
(a) It means passing into the jungle that is full of trees which are called ironwood because of their dense hard wood.
(b) It refers to the border of iron which the Sawi people have erected around their territory.
(c) It means passing from the life of easy and plenty, where there is much light, to the darker world of the jungle.
(d) It refers to that curtain which hangs between life and death.
2. How does Don Richardson find a way into the hearts and minds of the tribe?
(a) By paying them large sums of cash.
(b) By having a great sense of humor.
(c) By connecting with their own cultural redemptive analogies.
(d) By cooking great meals and making good friends with the elders.
3. What is the name of the tribe that Don Richardson and his wife Carol live with?
(a) The Sowanda tribe.
(b) The Soweto tribe.
(c) The Sawi tribe.
(d) The South End tribe.
4. Yae's young brother Sao is ill. What is his sickness?
(a) Sao has malaria.
(b) Sao has developed early dementia.
(c) Sao is mentally ill.
(d) Sao has an immune system infection similar to AIDS.
5. What do the Sawi people do when the long poles holding up their homes begin to rot?
(a) They move to another location.
(b) They replace them with steel girders.
(c) They work with their neighbors and replace all the poles.
(d) They lower their houses to the ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Yae sitting at the beginning of chapter one?
2. Which of these terms can be used to describe the tribe?
3. Why must the women, young men and children leave when Yae's skull is cracked open?
4. What flag flies on the deck of the "super canoe"?
5. Why is Hadi so important to Don Richardson?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)