|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Genesis of a Mission.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman Anai do when she hears that Yae's jawbone will be given to her?
(a) She is filled with remorse and grief and refuses to take it.
(b) She takes the bone and grinds it into fine dust and then spreads it atop the river.
(c) She promises that she will send it to Yae's wife as an expression of her sympathy.
(d) She cries out in jubilation and dances to celebrate her great honor.
2. When Yae arrives at the Haenam village at the beginning of Chapter 2, why is he so confident?
(a) He is carrying a concealed gun so that if there is trouble, he can defend himself.
(b) He has been visiting them for seven months and they have been very friendly and warm.
(c) He is bringing them steel axes and a chain saw.
(d) He is marrying the chief's daughter and will soon be related to the tribe.
3. Where is Yae's wife, Kautap, cooking as Yae waits to go to Haenam?
(a) At the stove in her government-supplied trailer.
(b) In the summer kitchen which is a separate building out back.
(c) At the central place inside the treehouse.
(d) In a small boat floating on the river.
4. What is the Eren ceremony?
(a) A ritual in which a girl or woman is given the full status of matriarch.
(b) A ceremony in which a man and woman adopt orphaned children.
(c) A ritual in which women cook pork and sago to celebrate the full moon.
(d) A ritual in which a girl or woman is given the jawbone of a freshly killed victim.
5. When Don Richardson first goes to work with the Sawi people, what foreign nation had claimed that area as its own?
(a) The Americans.
(b) The Germans.
(c) The Australians.
(d) The Netherlands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Netherlands New Guinea, or Irian Jaya as it is later called, located in relation to Australia?
2. What principle does Don Richardson believe God gives him to offer the tribal people?
3. What do the Tuans give the elders who come out to meet them for the first time?
4. What does the tribe think of treachery and violence?
5. What is the Prairie Bible Institute?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)