|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Genesis of a Mission.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many wives does Yae's cousin Wasi have?
(c) Twenty five.
2. What is Yae waiting for before he goes to the village of Haenam?
(a) For the rains to come and water his crops.
(b) For the village to nominate him chief.
(c) For God to send him inspiration so that he can name his child.
(d) For the tide to turn so that he can journey more easily.
3. Why do the Richardsons go to live in New Guinea?
(a) They have no choice; they are sent by their families.
(b) They think the climate would be good for their health.
(c) They feel called to serve God as missionaries.
(d) They are writing a book on ancient cultures and want to do research.
4. What brings the Sawi villagers to a sudden halt when they hear it for the first time?
(a) The explosion of a nuclear bomb.
(b) The diesel engines of the Dutch military boats.
(c) The song of a lark at break of day.
(d) The large migration of birds which flew overhead.
5. How do Don and Carol Richardson travel to New Guinea in 1962?
(a) They drive from Canada to Mexico, take a small yacht across the Pacific Ocean and land in New Guinea.
(b) They sail from Vancouver on the ship "Oriana" and then fly into the interior.
(c) They fly from New York City on the Concorde and then drive into the Sawi territory.
(d) They fly to Russia and then to Zurich and then to Australia and finally take a sailboat up to New Guinea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kauwan refuse to help Yae escape his terrible fate?
2. What does eating flesh for the first time mean to Sawi children?
3. What is the Eren ceremony?
4. Where is Netherlands New Guinea, or Irian Jaya as it is later called, located in relation to Australia?
5. When Yae arrives at the Haenam village at the beginning of Chapter 2, why is he so confident?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)