|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Genesis of a Mission.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only safe way for a Sawi person to drink water from the river?
(a) To put one's head underwater completely and drink.
(b) To drink it with a straw-like tool made of sago leaves.
(c) The river water must never be drunk. It is full of germs.
(d) To toss each scoop of water in the air and catch it in one's mouth.
2. What year do the Richardsons go to New Guinea?
3. Why do the elders Kigo, Hatu and Numu volunteer to make contact with the Tuans?
(a) These elders have learned some of the Auyu language and think maybe that is what the Tuans speak.
(b) The elders are forced by their tribesmen to do this.
(c) The elders are near death anyway and think they have little to lose
(d) The elders are confused and don't know what they are doing.
4. What do the Tuans give the elders who come out to meet them for the first time?
(a) Pens, paper and stamps.
(b) Matches, razorblades and fishing equipment.
(c) Necklaces made of brightly colored beads.
(d) A bible, radio and a flashlight.
5. Why do the Richardsons go to live in New Guinea?
(a) They have no choice; they are sent by their families.
(b) They think the climate would be good for their health.
(c) They are writing a book on ancient cultures and want to do research.
(d) They feel called to serve God as missionaries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Sawi people do when the long poles holding up their homes begin to rot?
2. What do Sawi men smoke in their pipes?
3. What is unique about the kidari along the Kronkel river?
4. What does Hurip trade to obtain his "kapak," his steel ax?
5. What does "Tuwi asonai makaerin" mean?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)