|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Genesis of a Mission.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these terms can be used to describe the tribe?
(a) Cannibalistic head hunters.
(b) Creative imaginative artists.
(c) Saintly contemplative monks.
(d) Modern aggressive innovators.
2. What is the primary redemptive analogy which Richardson uses to reach the tribal people?
(a) The tribal ritual of Jesus and the disciples.
(b) The tribal ritual of "fattening for slaughter."
(c) The tribal ritual of marriage.
(d) The tribal ritual of a "peace child."
3. What does the expression "to fatten with friendship for the slaughter" mean?
(a) Raising beef cattle in jungle areas using grain and vegetables.
(b) Raising poultry in a kind and humane way.
(c) Forming friendships with the purpose of betrayal, murder and cannibalism.
(d) Preparing young men for battle with many feasts.
4. Where is Yae's wife, Kautap, cooking as Yae waits to go to Haenam?
(a) In the summer kitchen which is a separate building out back.
(b) At the stove in her government-supplied trailer.
(c) In a small boat floating on the river.
(d) At the central place inside the treehouse.
5. What does Kauwan say that Yae should have given him in order to truly win his protection?
(a) A peace child.
(b) A gun and sword.
(c) A thousand dollars.
(d) His own wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why must the women, young men and children leave when Yae's skull is cracked open?
2. What kind of flour do the Sawi women use to make bread?
3. What is the name of the tribe that Don Richardson and his wife Carol live with?
4. What is the Eren ceremony?
5. What does Hurip trade to obtain his "kapak," his steel ax?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)