|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Genesis of a Mission.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many wives does Yae's cousin Wasi have?
(c) Twenty five.
2. Why does Yae's wife, Kautap, throw his stone ax in the river when she hears that her husband has been murdered?
(a) She doesn't want anyone else to use it.
(b) She is mad with grief.
(c) She is angry at him for going to Haenam.
(d) She believes Yae's spirit will need the ax in the world of the dead.
3. Are the Sawi women involved in head hunting?
(a) Yes, they are very good with spears and often had better aim than their husbands.
(b) The Sawi women are involved only if they are married.
(c) Not directly, but they encourage murder and would participate in clubbing to death wounded victims.
(d) Yes, they often lead the charge to the offending village.
4. What does the white skin of the Tuans remind the Sawi people of?
(a) The mouth of a crocodile.
(b) A face made of teeth.
(c) New sago flour.
(d) Moonlight on the river.
5. What do the Tuans reportedly have to prevent fever and heal sores?
(a) Animal totems.
(b) Fire breathing guns.
(c) Antibiotics and oxygen tanks.
(d) Witchcraft called "obat."
Short Answer Questions
1. Yae's young brother Sao is ill. What is his sickness?
2. What do the Sawi people do when the long poles holding up their homes begin to rot?
3. Who is Ebenezer G. Vine?
4. What is the Eren ceremony?
5. How does Don Richardson find a way into the hearts and minds of the tribe?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)