|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Genesis of a Mission.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the ancient Sawi custom of "waness"?
(a) A custom of men having more than one wife.
(b) The custom of soaking food in water before eating it.
(c) One person mixing blood with another person.
(d) A bind created by one person eating food which has touched another person's genitals.
2. Are the Sawi women involved in head hunting?
(a) Yes, they are very good with spears and often had better aim than their husbands.
(b) The Sawi women are involved only if they are married.
(c) Not directly, but they encourage murder and would participate in clubbing to death wounded victims.
(d) Yes, they often lead the charge to the offending village.
3. Yae's young brother Sao is ill. What is his sickness?
(a) Sao has malaria.
(b) Sao is mentally ill.
(c) Sao has developed early dementia.
(d) Sao has an immune system infection similar to AIDS.
4. What do the Tuans give the elders who come out to meet them for the first time?
(a) A bible, radio and a flashlight.
(b) Pens, paper and stamps.
(c) Matches, razorblades and fishing equipment.
(d) Necklaces made of brightly colored beads.
5. What do the Sawi people do when the long poles holding up their homes begin to rot?
(a) They lower their houses to the ground.
(b) They replace them with steel girders.
(c) They work with their neighbors and replace all the poles.
(d) They move to another location.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Prairie Bible Institute?
2. Why does a Sawi wife shave her head?
3. How does Don Richardson find a way into the hearts and minds of the tribe?
4. Why does Kauwan refuse to help Yae escape his terrible fate?
5. What is a good strategy for a Sawi village that wants to take revenge against another village?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)