|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Genesis of a Mission.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Yae arrives at the Haenam village at the beginning of Chapter 2, why is he so confident?
(a) He has been visiting them for seven months and they have been very friendly and warm.
(b) He is bringing them steel axes and a chain saw.
(c) He is marrying the chief's daughter and will soon be related to the tribe.
(d) He is carrying a concealed gun so that if there is trouble, he can defend himself.
2. Why does Yae's wife, Kautap, throw his stone ax in the river when she hears that her husband has been murdered?
(a) She doesn't want anyone else to use it.
(b) She is angry at him for going to Haenam.
(c) She believes Yae's spirit will need the ax in the world of the dead.
(d) She is mad with grief.
3. What flag flies on the deck of the "super canoe"?
(a) The stars and stripes of the United States.
(b) The Dutch flag.
(c) The Irian Jaya flag.
(d) The flag of pirates.
4. How does Don Richardson find a way into the hearts and minds of the tribe?
(a) By cooking great meals and making good friends with the elders.
(b) By paying them large sums of cash.
(c) By connecting with their own cultural redemptive analogies.
(d) By having a great sense of humor.
5. What does the woman Anai do when she hears that Yae's jawbone will be given to her?
(a) She cries out in jubilation and dances to celebrate her great honor.
(b) She is filled with remorse and grief and refuses to take it.
(c) She takes the bone and grinds it into fine dust and then spreads it atop the river.
(d) She promises that she will send it to Yae's wife as an expression of her sympathy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What principle does Don Richardson believe God gives him to offer the tribal people?
2. What does Richardson believe is unavoidable in our present world?
3. What does Kauwan say that Yae should have given him in order to truly win his protection?
4. What does the tribe think of treachery and violence?
5. How do Don and Carol Richardson travel to New Guinea in 1962?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)