|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Genesis of a Mission.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Yae going on a journey to the nearby village of Haenam?
(a) He is thinking of moving from Mauro to Haenam.
(b) He is campaigning for political office and needs the support of Haenam villagers.
(c) He is going to visit his mother who lives in Haenam.
(d) He is trying to forge an alliance between his village, Mauro, and Haenam.
2. How many treehouses are there, in total, in the Mauro village?
(d) Seven hundred and fifty.
3. Where is Yae sitting at the beginning of chapter one?
(a) Yae is sitting by the man-made pool in his backyard.
(b) Yae is sitting in the hospital where his wife is dying in childbirth.
(c) Yae is sitting in his treehouse, forty feet above the Kronkel river.
(d) Yae is sitting in a plane which is on its way to Istanbul.
4. How old is Don Richardson when he first felt a spiritual call to serve God as a missionary?
5. What is the most powerful family relationship in Sawi culture?
(a) Brother to brother.
(b) A mother and her grandmother.
(c) A man and his mother-in-law.
(d) A man and his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does eating flesh for the first time mean to Sawi children?
2. When Don Richardson first goes to work with the Sawi people, what foreign nation had claimed that area as its own?
3. What is unique about the kidari along the Kronkel river?
4. What do the Sawi people do when the long poles holding up their homes begin to rot?
5. What is the ancient Sawi custom of "waness"?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)