|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Genesis of a Mission.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the tribe that Don Richardson and his wife Carol live with?
(a) The South End tribe.
(b) The Sowanda tribe.
(c) The Soweto tribe.
(d) The Sawi tribe.
2. What do the Tuans reportedly have to prevent fever and heal sores?
(a) Fire breathing guns.
(b) Antibiotics and oxygen tanks.
(c) Animal totems.
(d) Witchcraft called "obat."
3. What does Richardson believe is unavoidable in our present world?
(a) Despair and continual war.
(b) Annihilation and destruction.
(c) Cross-cultural communication.
(d) The end of all we know.
4. Who actually completes the murder of Yae?
(a) He dies of starvation.
(b) His mother-in-law.
(c) The dogs of the village.
(d) The women and children of the Haenam village.
5. How does Don Richardson find a way into the hearts and minds of the tribe?
(a) By having a great sense of humor.
(b) By cooking great meals and making good friends with the elders.
(c) By paying them large sums of cash.
(d) By connecting with their own cultural redemptive analogies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Yae waiting for before he goes to the village of Haenam?
2. What does eating flesh for the first time mean to Sawi children?
3. Why must the women, young men and children leave when Yae's skull is cracked open?
4. What part of the human skeleton do Sawi children play with?
5. What is unique about the kidari along the Kronkel river?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)