|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Genesis of a Mission.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Sawi men smoke in their pipes?
(a) Dried mushrooms.
(b) Tobacco leaves.
(c) Ground bones of wild boars.
(d) Sago leaves.
2. What is a good strategy for a Sawi village that wants to take revenge against another village?
(a) To send many young women to the village and establish family ties.
(b) To make an alliance with a neutral village who will then help.
(c) To let wild animals loose near the village they want to harm.
(d) To move far away and not look back.
3. Where is Yae sitting at the beginning of chapter one?
(a) Yae is sitting in his treehouse, forty feet above the Kronkel river.
(b) Yae is sitting in a plane which is on its way to Istanbul.
(c) Yae is sitting in the hospital where his wife is dying in childbirth.
(d) Yae is sitting by the man-made pool in his backyard.
4. How old is Don Richardson when he first felt a spiritual call to serve God as a missionary?
5. A typical stone axe would be swung 40 times to fell a tree. How many times does Hurip have to swing his steel axe to cut down the tree?
(a) 80 times.
(c) Four times
(d) 39 times.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Netherlands New Guinea, or Irian Jaya as it is later called, located in relation to Australia?
2. Who actually completes the murder of Yae?
3. What is the primary redemptive analogy which Richardson uses to reach the tribal people?
4. What does the tribe think of treachery and violence?
5. What brings the Sawi villagers to a sudden halt when they hear it for the first time?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)