|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Genesis of a Mission.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kauwan refuse to help Yae escape his terrible fate?
(a) Kauwan is deaf and cannot hear Yae's cry of fear.
(b) Kauwan has been taken away to the jungle by his family.
(c) Kauwan is Yae's brother and has no power.
(d) Kauwan has been promised a wife by one of the village men.
2. When Don Richardson first goes to work with the Sawi people, what foreign nation had claimed that area as its own?
(a) The Americans.
(b) The Germans.
(c) The Australians.
(d) The Netherlands.
3. Yae's young brother Sao is ill. What is his sickness?
(a) Sao has an immune system infection similar to AIDS.
(b) Sao is mentally ill.
(c) Sao has malaria.
(d) Sao has developed early dementia.
4. Why must the women, young men and children leave when Yae's skull is cracked open?
(a) Because it is forbidden for them to hear the sound of a skull breaking open.
(b) Because they are not allowed to eat brains.
(c) Because they all had to go and swim in the river until nightfall.
(d) Because only the older men are cannibals in the Sawi tribe.
5. What is Yae waiting for before he goes to the village of Haenam?
(a) For the tide to turn so that he can journey more easily.
(b) For the village to nominate him chief.
(c) For the rains to come and water his crops.
(d) For God to send him inspiration so that he can name his child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Sawi men smoke in their pipes?
2. What does the woman Anai do when she hears that Yae's jawbone will be given to her?
3. How many wives does Yae's cousin Wasi have?
4. What does Richardson believe is unavoidable in our present world?
5. Why is Yae going on a journey to the nearby village of Haenam?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)