|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Genesis of a Mission.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the white skin of the Tuans remind the Sawi people of?
(a) The mouth of a crocodile.
(b) A face made of teeth.
(c) Moonlight on the river.
(d) New sago flour.
2. Which of these terms can be used to describe the tribe?
(a) Saintly contemplative monks.
(b) Modern aggressive innovators.
(c) Creative imaginative artists.
(d) Cannibalistic head hunters.
3. What does Richardson believe is unavoidable in our present world?
(a) The end of all we know.
(b) Despair and continual war.
(c) Cross-cultural communication.
(d) Annihilation and destruction.
4. What is unique about the kidari along the Kronkel river?
(a) The kidari has dangerous currents which should be avoided.
(b) The kidari is a waterfall which falls some 500 feet.
(c) The kidari is the longest straight stretch of the river.
(d) The kidari has many types of exotic fish which visit it.
5. Why do the Richardsons go to live in New Guinea?
(a) They think the climate would be good for their health.
(b) They are writing a book on ancient cultures and want to do research.
(c) They have no choice; they are sent by their families.
(d) They feel called to serve God as missionaries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Sawi men smoke in their pipes?
2. Who is Ebenezer G. Vine?
3. What effect does the tide have upon the black, algae-stained Kronkel river?
4. What does "Kanggime" mean in the language Dani?
5. What is the most powerful family relationship in Sawi culture?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)