|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Genesis of a Mission.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of flour do the Sawi women use to make bread?
(a) Bamboo fiber flour.
(b) Rice flour.
(c) Sago flour.
(d) Whole wheat flour.
2. Why do the elders Kigo, Hatu and Numu volunteer to make contact with the Tuans?
(a) These elders have learned some of the Auyu language and think maybe that is what the Tuans speak.
(b) The elders are confused and don't know what they are doing.
(c) The elders are near death anyway and think they have little to lose
(d) The elders are forced by their tribesmen to do this.
3. What does the expression "to fatten with friendship for the slaughter" mean?
(a) Raising poultry in a kind and humane way.
(b) Preparing young men for battle with many feasts.
(c) Forming friendships with the purpose of betrayal, murder and cannibalism.
(d) Raising beef cattle in jungle areas using grain and vegetables.
4. What does Kauwan say that Yae should have given him in order to truly win his protection?
(a) A gun and sword.
(b) A thousand dollars.
(c) His own wife.
(d) A peace child.
5. When Yae arrives at the Haenam village at the beginning of Chapter 2, why is he so confident?
(a) He is carrying a concealed gun so that if there is trouble, he can defend himself.
(b) He has been visiting them for seven months and they have been very friendly and warm.
(c) He is bringing them steel axes and a chain saw.
(d) He is marrying the chief's daughter and will soon be related to the tribe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Richardsons go to live in New Guinea?
2. Who actually completes the murder of Yae?
3. How does Don Richardson find a way into the hearts and minds of the tribe?
4. What does Hurip trade to obtain his "kapak," his steel ax?
5. How many treehouses are there, in total, in the Mauro village?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)