|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Genesis of a Mission.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hurip trade to obtain his "kapak," his steel ax?
(a) Many months of work.
(b) Gold and silver.
(c) One of his children.
(d) Pork, fish and stone-tipped arrows.
2. What do Sawi men smoke in their pipes?
(a) Sago leaves.
(b) Tobacco leaves.
(c) Ground bones of wild boars.
(d) Dried mushrooms.
3. How many wives does Yae's cousin Wasi have?
(a) Twenty five.
4. When Yae arrives at the Haenam village at the beginning of Chapter 2, why is he so confident?
(a) He is marrying the chief's daughter and will soon be related to the tribe.
(b) He is carrying a concealed gun so that if there is trouble, he can defend himself.
(c) He has been visiting them for seven months and they have been very friendly and warm.
(d) He is bringing them steel axes and a chain saw.
5. How does Don Richardson find a way into the hearts and minds of the tribe?
(a) By paying them large sums of cash.
(b) By having a great sense of humor.
(c) By connecting with their own cultural redemptive analogies.
(d) By cooking great meals and making good friends with the elders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What brings the Sawi villagers to a sudden halt when they hear it for the first time?
2. Why does Yae's wife, Kautap, throw his stone ax in the river when she hears that her husband has been murdered?
3. What is the primary redemptive analogy which Richardson uses to reach the tribal people?
4. What do the Tuans give the elders who come out to meet them for the first time?
5. Who is Ebenezer G. Vine?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)