|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Genesis of a Mission.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kauwan refuse to help Yae escape his terrible fate?
(a) Kauwan has been promised a wife by one of the village men.
(b) Kauwan has been taken away to the jungle by his family.
(c) Kauwan is Yae's brother and has no power.
(d) Kauwan is deaf and cannot hear Yae's cry of fear.
2. Why must the women, young men and children leave when Yae's skull is cracked open?
(a) Because they are not allowed to eat brains.
(b) Because it is forbidden for them to hear the sound of a skull breaking open.
(c) Because they all had to go and swim in the river until nightfall.
(d) Because only the older men are cannibals in the Sawi tribe.
3. What is unique about the kidari along the Kronkel river?
(a) The kidari is a waterfall which falls some 500 feet.
(b) The kidari has many types of exotic fish which visit it.
(c) The kidari has dangerous currents which should be avoided.
(d) The kidari is the longest straight stretch of the river.
4. Which of these terms can be used to describe the tribe?
(a) Modern aggressive innovators.
(b) Cannibalistic head hunters.
(c) Creative imaginative artists.
(d) Saintly contemplative monks.
5. What is the name of the tribe that Don Richardson and his wife Carol live with?
(a) The Sawi tribe.
(b) The Soweto tribe.
(c) The South End tribe.
(d) The Sowanda tribe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the elders Kigo, Hatu and Numu volunteer to make contact with the Tuans?
2. What does the white skin of the Tuans remind the Sawi people of?
3. What is "saravon"?
4. What year do the Richardsons go to New Guinea?
5. What is the primary redemptive analogy which Richardson uses to reach the tribal people?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)