|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Genesis of a Mission.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "Tuwi asonai makaerin" mean?
(a) To leave a little on one's plate.
(b) To fatten with friendship.
(c) To bow with deep respect to ones mother in law.
(d) To give a child in exchange for goods and services.
2. What is the name of the sea which the Kronkel river empties into?
(a) The Agramenon Basin.
(b) The Atlantic Ocean.
(c) The Arafura Sea.
(d) The Agrabar Waterway.
3. What is the Eren ceremony?
(a) A ritual in which women cook pork and sago to celebrate the full moon.
(b) A ritual in which a girl or woman is given the full status of matriarch.
(c) A ritual in which a girl or woman is given the jawbone of a freshly killed victim.
(d) A ceremony in which a man and woman adopt orphaned children.
4. What is unique about the kidari along the Kronkel river?
(a) The kidari has dangerous currents which should be avoided.
(b) The kidari is a waterfall which falls some 500 feet.
(c) The kidari has many types of exotic fish which visit it.
(d) The kidari is the longest straight stretch of the river.
5. What does the expression "to fatten with friendship for the slaughter" mean?
(a) Raising beef cattle in jungle areas using grain and vegetables.
(b) Preparing young men for battle with many feasts.
(c) Forming friendships with the purpose of betrayal, murder and cannibalism.
(d) Raising poultry in a kind and humane way.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the tribe that Don Richardson and his wife Carol live with?
2. What is a good strategy for a Sawi village that wants to take revenge against another village?
3. What does the white skin of the Tuans remind the Sawi people of?
4. Why is Yae going on a journey to the nearby village of Haenam?
5. Where is Netherlands New Guinea, or Irian Jaya as it is later called, located in relation to Australia?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)