|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Genesis of a Mission.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Don Richardson find a way into the hearts and minds of the tribe?
(a) By paying them large sums of cash.
(b) By connecting with their own cultural redemptive analogies.
(c) By having a great sense of humor.
(d) By cooking great meals and making good friends with the elders.
2. What is the Eren ceremony?
(a) A ceremony in which a man and woman adopt orphaned children.
(b) A ritual in which women cook pork and sago to celebrate the full moon.
(c) A ritual in which a girl or woman is given the jawbone of a freshly killed victim.
(d) A ritual in which a girl or woman is given the full status of matriarch.
3. Where is Yae's wife, Kautap, cooking as Yae waits to go to Haenam?
(a) At the stove in her government-supplied trailer.
(b) In the summer kitchen which is a separate building out back.
(c) At the central place inside the treehouse.
(d) In a small boat floating on the river.
4. What is the primary redemptive analogy which Richardson uses to reach the tribal people?
(a) The tribal ritual of marriage.
(b) The tribal ritual of Jesus and the disciples.
(c) The tribal ritual of "fattening for slaughter."
(d) The tribal ritual of a "peace child."
5. A typical stone axe would be swung 40 times to fell a tree. How many times does Hurip have to swing his steel axe to cut down the tree?
(b) 39 times.
(c) Four times
(d) 80 times.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Don and Carol Richardson travel to New Guinea in 1962?
2. How many treehouses are there, in total, in the Mauro village?
3. How does Yae get from the tree house to the ground?
4. What do the Sawi assume when they hear that the Tuans are almost all men?
5. Are the Sawi women involved in head hunting?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)