|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Genesis of a Mission.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Are the Sawi women involved in head hunting?
(a) Yes, they are very good with spears and often had better aim than their husbands.
(b) Yes, they often lead the charge to the offending village.
(c) Not directly, but they encourage murder and would participate in clubbing to death wounded victims.
(d) The Sawi women are involved only if they are married.
2. What does Kauwan say that Yae should have given him in order to truly win his protection?
(a) A peace child.
(b) A thousand dollars.
(c) His own wife.
(d) A gun and sword.
3. When Yae arrives at the Haenam village at the beginning of Chapter 2, why is he so confident?
(a) He has been visiting them for seven months and they have been very friendly and warm.
(b) He is bringing them steel axes and a chain saw.
(c) He is marrying the chief's daughter and will soon be related to the tribe.
(d) He is carrying a concealed gun so that if there is trouble, he can defend himself.
4. What kind of flour do the Sawi women use to make bread?
(a) Sago flour.
(b) Whole wheat flour.
(c) Bamboo fiber flour.
(d) Rice flour.
5. What is unique about the kidari along the Kronkel river?
(a) The kidari is a waterfall which falls some 500 feet.
(b) The kidari has dangerous currents which should be avoided.
(c) The kidari is the longest straight stretch of the river.
(d) The kidari has many types of exotic fish which visit it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does eating flesh for the first time mean to Sawi children?
2. What is the ancient Sawi custom of "waness"?
3. What is the name of the sea which the Kronkel river empties into?
4. Where is Yae's wife, Kautap, cooking as Yae waits to go to Haenam?
5. What flag flies on the deck of the "super canoe"?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)