|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Shadow of the Tuans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What principle does Don Richardson believe God gives him to offer the tribal people?
(a) The principle of capitalism.
(b) The principle of original sin.
(c) The principle of cause and effect.
(d) The principle of redemption.
2. A typical stone axe would be swung 40 times to fell a tree. How many times does Hurip have to swing his steel axe to cut down the tree?
(a) 39 times.
(b) 80 times.
(d) Four times
3. Where is Yae's wife, Kautap, cooking as Yae waits to go to Haenam?
(a) At the central place inside the treehouse.
(b) In the summer kitchen which is a separate building out back.
(c) At the stove in her government-supplied trailer.
(d) In a small boat floating on the river.
4. What does the white skin of the Tuans remind the Sawi people of?
(a) New sago flour.
(b) Moonlight on the river.
(c) A face made of teeth.
(d) The mouth of a crocodile.
5. How many treehouses are there, in total, in the Mauro village?
(b) Seven hundred and fifty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why must the women, young men and children leave when Yae's skull is cracked open?
2. What part of the human skeleton do Sawi children play with?
3. What effect does the tide have upon the black, algae-stained Kronkel river?
4. What does "Tuwi asonai makaerin" mean?
5. What is the only safe way for a Sawi person to drink water from the river?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)