|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Shadow of the Tuans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who actually completes the murder of Yae?
(a) The dogs of the village.
(b) His mother-in-law.
(c) He dies of starvation.
(d) The women and children of the Haenam village.
2. What year do the Richardsons go to New Guinea?
3. What is the name of the sea which the Kronkel river empties into?
(a) The Atlantic Ocean.
(b) The Arafura Sea.
(c) The Agrabar Waterway.
(d) The Agramenon Basin.
4. What does Richardson believe is unavoidable in our present world?
(a) The end of all we know.
(b) Annihilation and destruction.
(c) Cross-cultural communication.
(d) Despair and continual war.
5. What does the white skin of the Tuans remind the Sawi people of?
(a) The mouth of a crocodile.
(b) Moonlight on the river.
(c) A face made of teeth.
(d) New sago flour.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Netherlands New Guinea, or Irian Jaya as it is later called, located in relation to Australia?
2. What does Kauwan say that Yae should have given him in order to truly win his protection?
3. How does Don Richardson find a way into the hearts and minds of the tribe?
4. Where is Yae's wife, Kautap, cooking as Yae waits to go to Haenam?
5. What do the Tuans reportedly have to prevent fever and heal sores?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)