|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Shadow of the Tuans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Yae get from the tree house to the ground?
(a) Yae travels from treetop to treetop, rarely touching the ground.
(b) Yae swings from vines to a nearby tree and then jumps down.
(c) Yae jumps into a soft pile of leaves.
(d) Yae climbs down a long, vine-fastened ladder.
2. Why does Yae's wife, Kautap, throw his stone ax in the river when she hears that her husband has been murdered?
(a) She is mad with grief.
(b) She believes Yae's spirit will need the ax in the world of the dead.
(c) She doesn't want anyone else to use it.
(d) She is angry at him for going to Haenam.
3. A typical stone axe would be swung 40 times to fell a tree. How many times does Hurip have to swing his steel axe to cut down the tree?
(b) 39 times.
(c) Four times
(d) 80 times.
4. What does the expression "to fatten with friendship for the slaughter" mean?
(a) Forming friendships with the purpose of betrayal, murder and cannibalism.
(b) Raising beef cattle in jungle areas using grain and vegetables.
(c) Preparing young men for battle with many feasts.
(d) Raising poultry in a kind and humane way.
5. What part of the human skeleton do Sawi children play with?
(a) The entire skeleton.
(b) The hip socket.
(c) The leg bones.
(d) The polished skull.
Short Answer Questions
1. What principle does Don Richardson believe God gives him to offer the tribal people?
2. Why does Kauwan refuse to help Yae escape his terrible fate?
3. How many wives does Yae's cousin Wasi have?
4. Which of these terms can be used to describe the tribe?
5. What is the name of the sea which the Kronkel river empties into?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)