|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Shadow of the Tuans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Yae arrives at the Haenam village at the beginning of Chapter 2, why is he so confident?
(a) He is bringing them steel axes and a chain saw.
(b) He is carrying a concealed gun so that if there is trouble, he can defend himself.
(c) He has been visiting them for seven months and they have been very friendly and warm.
(d) He is marrying the chief's daughter and will soon be related to the tribe.
2. Where is Netherlands New Guinea, or Irian Jaya as it is later called, located in relation to Australia?
(a) Southwest of Australia.
(b) Directly north of Australia.
(c) It is in Australia, right in the central district.
(d) It is not near Australia but located near India.
3. How many wives does Yae's cousin Wasi have?
(a) Twenty five.
4. What does Kauwan say that Yae should have given him in order to truly win his protection?
(a) A thousand dollars.
(b) A gun and sword.
(c) His own wife.
(d) A peace child.
5. What does "Tuwi asonai makaerin" mean?
(a) To fatten with friendship.
(b) To leave a little on one's plate.
(c) To give a child in exchange for goods and services.
(d) To bow with deep respect to ones mother in law.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "saravon"?
2. What year do the Richardsons go to New Guinea?
3. How many treehouses are there, in total, in the Mauro village?
4. What might a visitor in a Sawi village be offered as a snack?
5. What part of the human skeleton do Sawi children play with?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)