|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Shadow of the Tuans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the sea which the Kronkel river empties into?
(a) The Agramenon Basin.
(b) The Atlantic Ocean.
(c) The Agrabar Waterway.
(d) The Arafura Sea.
2. What does the woman Anai do when she hears that Yae's jawbone will be given to her?
(a) She is filled with remorse and grief and refuses to take it.
(b) She cries out in jubilation and dances to celebrate her great honor.
(c) She takes the bone and grinds it into fine dust and then spreads it atop the river.
(d) She promises that she will send it to Yae's wife as an expression of her sympathy.
3. What year do the Richardsons go to New Guinea?
4. A typical stone axe would be swung 40 times to fell a tree. How many times does Hurip have to swing his steel axe to cut down the tree?
(a) 80 times.
(c) 39 times.
(d) Four times
5. How many wives does Yae's cousin Wasi have?
(d) Twenty five.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why must the women, young men and children leave when Yae's skull is cracked open?
2. Where is Netherlands New Guinea, or Irian Jaya as it is later called, located in relation to Australia?
3. Where is Yae's wife, Kautap, cooking as Yae waits to go to Haenam?
4. Why does Yae's wife, Kautap, throw his stone ax in the river when she hears that her husband has been murdered?
5. What does the expression "to fatten with friendship for the slaughter" mean?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)