|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Shadow of the Tuans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What principle does Don Richardson believe God gives him to offer the tribal people?
(a) The principle of capitalism.
(b) The principle of cause and effect.
(c) The principle of redemption.
(d) The principle of original sin.
2. How many treehouses are there, in total, in the Mauro village?
(c) Seven hundred and fifty.
3. Where is Yae sitting at the beginning of chapter one?
(a) Yae is sitting in his treehouse, forty feet above the Kronkel river.
(b) Yae is sitting by the man-made pool in his backyard.
(c) Yae is sitting in the hospital where his wife is dying in childbirth.
(d) Yae is sitting in a plane which is on its way to Istanbul.
4. What does the expression "to fatten with friendship for the slaughter" mean?
(a) Raising poultry in a kind and humane way.
(b) Preparing young men for battle with many feasts.
(c) Forming friendships with the purpose of betrayal, murder and cannibalism.
(d) Raising beef cattle in jungle areas using grain and vegetables.
5. Where is Yae's wife, Kautap, cooking as Yae waits to go to Haenam?
(a) At the central place inside the treehouse.
(b) In the summer kitchen which is a separate building out back.
(c) In a small boat floating on the river.
(d) At the stove in her government-supplied trailer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many tribes are in the area of New Guinea?
2. What is the primary redemptive analogy which Richardson uses to reach the tribal people?
3. What is the only safe way for a Sawi person to drink water from the river?
4. What do the Tuans reportedly have to prevent fever and heal sores?
5. Yae's young brother Sao is ill. What is his sickness?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)