|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Shadow of the Tuans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year do the Richardsons go to New Guinea?
2. What principle does Don Richardson believe God gives him to offer the tribal people?
(a) The principle of capitalism.
(b) The principle of redemption.
(c) The principle of cause and effect.
(d) The principle of original sin.
3. What do the Sawi assume when they hear that the Tuans are almost all men?
(a) Tuans kill and eat their women.
(b) The men must fight to obtain wives since there are so few women.
(c) Tuans are supernatural and do not need to procreate.
(d) Tuans live forever and therefore do not need offspring.
4. Why is Yae going on a journey to the nearby village of Haenam?
(a) He is thinking of moving from Mauro to Haenam.
(b) He is going to visit his mother who lives in Haenam.
(c) He is campaigning for political office and needs the support of Haenam villagers.
(d) He is trying to forge an alliance between his village, Mauro, and Haenam.
5. What is a good strategy for a Sawi village that wants to take revenge against another village?
(a) To make an alliance with a neutral village who will then help.
(b) To move far away and not look back.
(c) To send many young women to the village and establish family ties.
(d) To let wild animals loose near the village they want to harm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the expression "to fatten with friendship for the slaughter" mean?
2. What do the Tuans reportedly have to prevent fever and heal sores?
3. What does Hurip trade to obtain his "kapak," his steel ax?
4. What is "saravon"?
5. How many tribes are in the area of New Guinea?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)