|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Shadow of the Tuans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the sea which the Kronkel river empties into?
(a) The Atlantic Ocean.
(b) The Arafura Sea.
(c) The Agrabar Waterway.
(d) The Agramenon Basin.
2. Which of these terms can be used to describe the tribe?
(a) Creative imaginative artists.
(b) Saintly contemplative monks.
(c) Cannibalistic head hunters.
(d) Modern aggressive innovators.
3. How many wives does Yae's cousin Wasi have?
(a) Twenty five.
4. What is the name of the tribe that Don Richardson and his wife Carol live with?
(a) The Soweto tribe.
(b) The Sawi tribe.
(c) The South End tribe.
(d) The Sowanda tribe.
5. What might a visitor in a Sawi village be offered as a snack?
(a) Lobster, recently cooked and dipped in butter.
(b) Pudding made from a bear liver.
(c) Freshly toasted sago grubs.
(d) Chicken pot pie with carrots and potatoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Sawi assume when they hear that the Tuans are almost all men?
2. Why do the Richardsons go to live in New Guinea?
3. Where is Yae sitting at the beginning of chapter one?
4. What does the white skin of the Tuans remind the Sawi people of?
5. Where is Netherlands New Guinea, or Irian Jaya as it is later called, located in relation to Australia?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)