|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25, Out of the Ancestral Cacoon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Amio want Hurip to die?
(a) Hurip killed the peace child which Hato, Amio's father, gave to the Kayagar.
(b) Hurip is his father's uncle and not to be trusted.
(c) Hurip tried to kill Amio earlier in the day.
(d) Hurip owes Amio much money and will not pay.
2. What is Aham's role in the village?
(a) She is a sorceresses who has visions of spiritual events.
(b) She is the leader of the women.
(c) She is a naturopath.
(d) She is a herbalist.
3. What is "saravon"?
(a) A milky drink offered to the river gods every morning.
(b) The relationship between a Sawi man and his mother-in-law.
(c) A customary display of force meant to reassure guests that they are safe.
(d) A nutritious stew made of pork, sago and onions.
4. Why are the Kayagar men upset with Richardson when he announces his intention to build a home in Sawi territory?
(a) The village of Amyam is desperate to have a Tuan live with them.
(b) The Kayagar men are afraid of the Sawi and think that Richardson will be killed.
(c) The Kayagar people don't want to paddle all the way down the river.
(d) The Kayagar village of Amyam is better at building houses than the Sawi.
5. What is the third level of despair?
(a) Plunging one's hand deep into the putrid body cavity of the dead person.
(b) Throwing the bones of the deceased upon the death camp bonfire.
(c) Standing for several hours absolutely still, next to the body.
(d) Setting the dead person's body onto a river raft, loaded with stones.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does a Sawi wife shave her head?
2. What effect does the tide have upon the black, algae-stained Kronkel river?
3. Who is Ebenezer G. Vine?
4. How many people can be seated at a worship service inside the new Sawidome?
5. What are the relatives of Warahai doing to his body now that they believe his soul has left?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)