Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, The Living Dead.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it so difficult for the Sawi people to convert to Richardson's faith?
(a) They cannot speak English.
(b) They have no spiritual life.
(c) They trust the ancient Sawi culture which is all they have ever known.
(d) They are cowards and afraid to try anything new.
2. What brings a time of peace to the Sawi tribes?
(a) The peace child exchange between two villages.
(b) The river is full of fish.
(c) The weather is very calm.
(d) The Tuans give many gifts.
3. How does Yae get from the tree house to the ground?
(a) Yae jumps into a soft pile of leaves.
(b) Yae travels from treetop to treetop, rarely touching the ground.
(c) Yae swings from vines to a nearby tree and then jumps down.
(d) Yae climbs down a long, vine-fastened ladder.
4. When Don Richardson first goes to work with the Sawi people, what foreign nation had claimed that area as its own?
(a) The Australians.
(b) The Americans.
(c) The Netherlands.
(d) The Germans.
5. Who comes in a dugout to help the stranded party?
(a) The Dutch government authorities.
(b) Mavo's own father, Taeri, and his daughter Aray.
(c) The outcast of the Kamur tribe, Natato.
(d) Another Tuan missionary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What flag flies on the deck of the "super canoe"?
2. What is the name of the sea which the Kronkel river empties into?
3. What do the Tuans give the elders who come out to meet them for the first time?
4. What is "aumamay"?
5. Who is the woman, once beautiful, now covered in mud, weeping and wailing in grief?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)