Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Cool Water Tomorrow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richardson believe keeps true peace from existing among Sawi people?
(a) The inability of the Sawi people to understand what peace is.
(b) The fact that they are illiterate.
(c) The belief of the Sawi people in demons.
(d) The possibility of tusi asonai man.
2. What life forms must the Richardson family learn to live with inside their new home?
(a) Worms, pythons, crocodiles, lions, jungle bears and hippos.
(b) Dogs, cats, parakeets, goats, cows, chickens and ducks.
(c) Elephants, giraffes, picolos, vultures, eagles and griffins.
(d) Mosquitoes, cockroaches, crickets, flies, rats, lizards, bats and birds.
3. What part of the human skeleton do Sawi children play with?
(a) The polished skull.
(b) The leg bones.
(c) The hip socket.
(d) The entire skeleton.
4. What do the Tuans give the elders who come out to meet them for the first time?
(a) Necklaces made of brightly colored beads.
(b) Matches, razorblades and fishing equipment.
(c) Pens, paper and stamps.
(d) A bible, radio and a flashlight.
5. In the story about Jesus, who do the Sawi admire?
(b) Mary Magdalene.
(c) Pontius Pilate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the white skin of the Tuans remind the Sawi people of?
2. What does Richardson believe is unavoidable in our present world?
3. What do the Tuans reportedly have to prevent fever and heal sores?
4. What do the Sawi assume when they hear that the Tuans are almost all men?
5. What machine does the Richardson family have that is very mysterious to the Sawi people?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)