|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, A Baptism of Strangeness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is waiting at the new homesite when the Richardsons arrive?
(a) Two hundred armed warriors and many women and children,
(b) Hato and Yae.
(c) John McCain and his wife.
(d) No one is waiting. The whole area is deserted.
2. How does Richardson deal with the Kayagar chief, Yae, when the chief begins to speak loudly?
(a) Richardson hits Yae very hard with a pile driver.
(b) Richardson puts his hand on Yae's shoulder and speaks English in a soothing tone.
(c) Richardson gets on his knees and prays loudly for peace.
(d) Richardson gets the Sawi chief to fight Yae.
3. What is the name of the sea which the Kronkel river empties into?
(a) The Agrabar Waterway.
(b) The Atlantic Ocean.
(c) The Arafura Sea.
(d) The Agramenon Basin.
4. What does eating flesh for the first time mean to Sawi children?
(a) They are crossing a major threshold necessary to known the ultimate essence of their existence.
(b) It means that they no longer belong to the tribe.
(c) It means that they will someday go to heaven and be an angel.
(d) It means they are now an adult.
5. What does seven-month-old Stephen think of his first journey down the Kronkel river?
(a) Stephen sleeps the entire way.
(b) Stephen is very frightened and cannot stop crying.
(c) Stephen is bored and plays with his toys, rarely looking up.
(d) Stephen is full of wonder and awe.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Yae arrives at the Haenam village at the beginning of Chapter 2, why is he so confident?
2. How does Don Richardson find a way into the hearts and minds of the tribe?
3. What does the Richardson family sleep underneath?
4. What might a visitor in a Sawi village be offered as a snack?
5. What does Richardson build his home with?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)