|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Gods From the Sky.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richardson build his home with?
(a) Parts of an old boat which was moored on the river nearby.
(b) He brings in a small airstream trailer and sets it on a platform.
(c) Ironwood, split palm bark, mangrove poles and sago fronds.
(d) Oak, cherry, and walnut.
2. Do the Sawi warriors bring weapons with them to Pirimapun?
(a) Yes, they line their canoes with 40 palmwood bows and hundreds of arrows.
(b) Yes, they take plenty of guns and ammunition to guard their goods.
(c) No, they are not worried about attack because they have supplies to trade.
(d) No, it is forbidden to take any weapon on the river; the spirit gods will be angry.
3. What does Richardson believe is unavoidable in our present world?
(a) Cross-cultural communication.
(b) Annihilation and destruction.
(c) The end of all we know.
(d) Despair and continual war.
4. What does "Tuwi asonai makaerin" mean?
(a) To give a child in exchange for goods and services.
(b) To bow with deep respect to ones mother in law.
(c) To leave a little on one's plate.
(d) To fatten with friendship.
5. Why are the Kayagar men upset with Richardson when he announces his intention to build a home in Sawi territory?
(a) The Kayagar people don't want to paddle all the way down the river.
(b) The Kayagar village of Amyam is better at building houses than the Sawi.
(c) The village of Amyam is desperate to have a Tuan live with them.
(d) The Kayagar men are afraid of the Sawi and think that Richardson will be killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many wives does Yae's cousin Wasi have?
2. What principle does Don Richardson believe God gives him to offer the tribal people?
3. What do the Sawi people believe airplanes are?
4. Yae's young brother Sao is ill. What is his sickness?
5. What does Richardson like about the possibility of building on the kidari?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)