|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22, The Power of Aumamay.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Sawi what does "cool water" mean?
(c) Shocking truth.
(d) Cold nights.
2. Where is Yae sitting at the beginning of chapter one?
(a) Yae is sitting in a plane which is on its way to Istanbul.
(b) Yae is sitting by the man-made pool in his backyard.
(c) Yae is sitting in his treehouse, forty feet above the Kronkel river.
(d) Yae is sitting in the hospital where his wife is dying in childbirth.
3. What do Sawi use to build the floors of their homes?
(b) Clay from the riverbank.
(c) Split palm tree bark.
4. What is the only safe way for a Sawi person to drink water from the river?
(a) To toss each scoop of water in the air and catch it in one's mouth.
(b) To put one's head underwater completely and drink.
(c) The river water must never be drunk. It is full of germs.
(d) To drink it with a straw-like tool made of sago leaves.
5. What does the Richardson family sleep underneath?
(a) A crucifix.
(b) A wooden box.
(c) The open sky full of stars.
(d) A mosquito net.
Short Answer Questions
1. Yae's young brother Sao is ill. What is his sickness?
2. What is Don Richardson feeling as he steps onto the bank of the Kronkel and meets those who are waiting for them?
3. What does Richardson like about the possibility of building on the kidari?
4. Which two village groups need to make peace?
5. What vision does Aham have which convinces the Sawi villagers that there is no hope for Warahai?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)