|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22, The Power of Aumamay.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Narai do when he sees the arrival of the Richardsons?
(a) He sends up a flare to the other tribespeople.
(b) He shoots a flaming arrow back towards the village.
(c) He sends a warning shot on the new gun that Richardson gave him.
(d) He blows a warning signal on his bamboo horn to the other tribespeople.
2. What machine does the Richardson family have that is very mysterious to the Sawi people?
(a) A gas-powered washing machine.
(b) A blender.
(c) A low flying helicopter.
(d) A food processor.
3. What is Yae waiting for before he goes to the village of Haenam?
(a) For God to send him inspiration so that he can name his child.
(b) For the rains to come and water his crops.
(c) For the tide to turn so that he can journey more easily.
(d) For the village to nominate him chief.
4. What kind of flour do the Sawi women use to make bread?
(a) Bamboo fiber flour.
(b) Sago flour.
(c) Rice flour.
(d) Whole wheat flour.
5. What is Don Richardson feeling as he steps onto the bank of the Kronkel and meets those who are waiting for them?
(a) He is psyching himself up for the sermon he is going to give.
(b) He is frightened that he may have misread the situation.
(c) He is feeling triumphant at having made the voyage.
(d) He is angry at his wife for being so scared.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Warahi says when he comes out of his coma?
2. What does Don Richardson believe the real battle is about?
3. What brings the Sawi villagers to a sudden halt when they hear it for the first time?
4. What does Richardson like about the possibility of building on the kidari?
5. What is Don Richardson's first order of business with the Sawi tribe?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)