|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22, The Power of Aumamay.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What vision does Aham have which convinces the Sawi villagers that there is no hope for Warahai?
(a) A vision of a great tall Walahari bird which tells her to let go of Warahai.
(b) A vision of Warahai speaking to her from the other side.
(c) A vision of a spirit which ambushes Warahai's soul and eats it.
(d) A vision of a spirit flock which cover the village as they fly over.
2. Where are dead bodies interred in a Sawi village?
(a) They are sunk in the Kronkel river just downstream of the village.
(b) In a small, coffin-sized gravehouse, elevated five to fifteen feet above ground.
(c) Deep in the earth, directly under the family longhouse.
(d) In a communal grave, on the edge of the village.
3. What does Richardson feel when he first shakes hands with a Sawi elder?
(a) That they are equally human...flesh and blood...men.
(b) That the Sawi are very short but quite strong.
(c) That the Sawi will never understand the way of the modern world.
(d) That these people are not to be trusted...ever...
4. What is Carol Richardson feeling as she steps onto the bank of her new home?
(a) Carol is planning her escape.
(b) Carol is very angry with her husband.
(c) Carol is hysterical with weeping.
(d) Carol is excited and awed.
5. What is the name of the sea which the Kronkel river empties into?
(a) The Atlantic Ocean.
(b) The Arafura Sea.
(c) The Agrabar Waterway.
(d) The Agramenon Basin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mavo respond to the protection and kindness which Richardson shows to him?
2. What brings the Sawi villagers to a sudden halt when they hear it for the first time?
3. What is the most powerful family relationship in Sawi culture?
4. Who comes in a dugout to help the stranded party?
5. Why is Yae going on a journey to the nearby village of Haenam?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)