|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22, The Power of Aumamay.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many treehouses are there, in total, in the Mauro village?
(a) Seven hundred and fifty.
2. What do the Tuans give the elders who come out to meet them for the first time?
(a) A bible, radio and a flashlight.
(b) Matches, razorblades and fishing equipment.
(c) Pens, paper and stamps.
(d) Necklaces made of brightly colored beads.
3. Who is the woman, once beautiful, now covered in mud, weeping and wailing in grief?
(a) Watiro, one of the leading women in Kamur.
(b) Carol, Don Richardson's wife.
(c) Mary, mother of Jesus.
(d) Wumi, mother of a peace child.
4. What do the Sawi people raise their children to be?
(a) Strong willed.
(b) Quiet and reticent.
(c) Invisible in the jungle.
(d) Musical and artistic.
5. When Yae arrives at the Haenam village at the beginning of Chapter 2, why is he so confident?
(a) He is marrying the chief's daughter and will soon be related to the tribe.
(b) He has been visiting them for seven months and they have been very friendly and warm.
(c) He is bringing them steel axes and a chain saw.
(d) He is carrying a concealed gun so that if there is trouble, he can defend himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What life forms must the Richardson family learn to live with inside their new home?
2. How do the Sawi prepare a body for burial?
3. Who actually completes the murder of Yae?
4. What does Don Richardson do that frightens the Sawi people away from his house?
5. Who stands at the front of the battle, on the front line, so to speak?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)