|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22, The Power of Aumamay.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most powerful family relationship in Sawi culture?
(a) A man and his wife.
(b) A man and his mother-in-law.
(c) A mother and her grandmother.
(d) Brother to brother.
2. Who actually completes the murder of Yae?
(a) The women and children of the Haenam village.
(b) The dogs of the village.
(c) He dies of starvation.
(d) His mother-in-law.
3. Who is the woman, once beautiful, now covered in mud, weeping and wailing in grief?
(a) Mary, mother of Jesus.
(b) Carol, Don Richardson's wife.
(c) Wumi, mother of a peace child.
(d) Watiro, one of the leading women in Kamur.
4. What does Richardson believe is stopping the Sawi people from following the Christian path?
(a) Fear of Richardson and the Tuan people.
(b) Fear of being crucified like Jesus.
(c) Fear of the power of God and Jesus.
(d) Fear of unfavorable reaction from the demon world.
5. What happens to Er when he makes advances towards a girl?
(a) She accuses him of terrible things and he is banished.
(b) Her male relatives shoot him with arrows.
(c) He is forced to marry the girl.
(d) She chases him into the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Yae's wife, Kautap, cooking as Yae waits to go to Haenam?
2. What is the Ironwood Curtain?
3. What does Don Richardson do that frightens the Sawi people away from his house?
4. What kind of flour do the Sawi women use to make bread?
5. When Yae arrives at the Haenam village at the beginning of Chapter 2, why is he so confident?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)