|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22, The Power of Aumamay.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Er when he makes advances towards a girl?
(a) She accuses him of terrible things and he is banished.
(b) Her male relatives shoot him with arrows.
(c) He is forced to marry the girl.
(d) She chases him into the river.
2. What flag flies on the deck of the "super canoe"?
(a) The Irian Jaya flag.
(b) The Dutch flag.
(c) The flag of pirates.
(d) The stars and stripes of the United States.
3. Who is waiting at the new homesite when the Richardsons arrive?
(a) John McCain and his wife.
(b) Hato and Yae.
(c) Two hundred armed warriors and many women and children,
(d) No one is waiting. The whole area is deserted.
4. What vision does Aham have which convinces the Sawi villagers that there is no hope for Warahai?
(a) A vision of a great tall Walahari bird which tells her to let go of Warahai.
(b) A vision of a spirit flock which cover the village as they fly over.
(c) A vision of a spirit which ambushes Warahai's soul and eats it.
(d) A vision of Warahai speaking to her from the other side.
5. What does Don Richardson do that frightens the Sawi people away from his house?
(a) He lights a kerosene lamp in the darkness.
(b) He eats brains.
(c) He throws a handful of firecrackers out of the front door.
(d) He shoots a shot gun in their direction.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why must the women, young men and children leave when Yae's skull is cracked open?
2. What is the first thing Warahi says when he comes out of his coma?
3. What do the Sawi warriors do when they meet Don Richardson and John McCain for the first time?
4. Yae's young brother Sao is ill. What is his sickness?
5. What is Yae waiting for before he goes to the village of Haenam?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)