|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22, The Power of Aumamay.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Biakadon?
(a) The legendary god of the sea.
(b) The leader of the Kumar village.
(c) The young man who works for the Richardsons.
(d) The infant son of Kaiyo and Wumi.
2. What is the only safe way for a Sawi person to drink water from the river?
(a) To put one's head underwater completely and drink.
(b) To drink it with a straw-like tool made of sago leaves.
(c) The river water must never be drunk. It is full of germs.
(d) To toss each scoop of water in the air and catch it in one's mouth.
3. What does Kauwan say that Yae should have given him in order to truly win his protection?
(a) His own wife.
(b) A peace child.
(c) A thousand dollars.
(d) A gun and sword.
4. How does Mavo respond to the protection and kindness which Richardson shows to him?
(a) Mavo converts to Christianity that evening.
(b) Mavo promises he will follow the Richardsons anywhere.
(c) Mavo gives Richardson one of his own children.
(d) Mavo leaves the area and travels to the nearest Dutch government outpost.
5. What do the women do during battle?
(a) The women throw stones and sharp rocks at the enemy.
(b) The women taunt their own men to be more brave.
(c) The women curse and bang their pounding sticks on the ground.
(d) The women shield the children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Yae's wife, Kautap, cooking as Yae waits to go to Haenam?
2. What does Richardson like about the possibility of building on the kidari?
3. What is the first thing Warahi says when he comes out of his coma?
4. Why is it so important to Richardson that the patriarchs, the older men, convert to Christianity?
5. What do the Sawi warriors bring on their first trading mission to Pirimapun?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)