|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22, The Power of Aumamay.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mahean is the first to step forward to try to carry out the peace child ritual. What stops him?
(a) A shower of arrows stops him.
(b) The child on his back weeps and wails until Mahean gives up.
(c) His wife, Syado, takes her child and runs back to the tribe.
(d) His conscience gets the better of him.
2. What does Narai do when he sees the arrival of the Richardsons?
(a) He blows a warning signal on his bamboo horn to the other tribespeople.
(b) He shoots a flaming arrow back towards the village.
(c) He sends up a flare to the other tribespeople.
(d) He sends a warning shot on the new gun that Richardson gave him.
3. Why does Kauwan refuse to help Yae escape his terrible fate?
(a) Kauwan has been taken away to the jungle by his family.
(b) Kauwan is Yae's brother and has no power.
(c) Kauwan has been promised a wife by one of the village men.
(d) Kauwan is deaf and cannot hear Yae's cry of fear.
4. What is unique about the kidari along the Kronkel river?
(a) The kidari is a waterfall which falls some 500 feet.
(b) The kidari has dangerous currents which should be avoided.
(c) The kidari has many types of exotic fish which visit it.
(d) The kidari is the longest straight stretch of the river.
5. What is the word that Sawi greet one another with?
Short Answer Questions
1. Do the Sawi warriors bring weapons with them to Pirimapun?
2. How many wives does Yae's cousin Wasi have?
3. Who is the first patriarch in the Sawi tribe to convert to Christianity?
4. What vision does Aham have which convinces the Sawi villagers that there is no hope for Warahai?
5. Who is waiting at the new homesite when the Richardsons arrive?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)