|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22, The Power of Aumamay.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don Richardson interpret the tumult of Sawi activity as?
(a) The beginning of a violent war between Sawi and Tuan.
(b) A chance to learn the Sawi language.
(c) A dangerous cannibalistic ritual.
(d) A baptism into a new and strange world.
2. Why is it so important to Richardson that the patriarchs, the older men, convert to Christianity?
(a) Because the patriarchs can read and write and will spread the gospel.
(b) Because the patriarchs of the tribe hold much influence over the rest of the people.
(c) Because Richardson believes only men can lead spiritually.
(d) Because the patriarchs control all the money.
3. What do Sawi people do if twins are born?
(a) The second twin is ordained to be a tribal medicine man.
(b) They name them the same name, as they came at the same time.
(c) They kill the second twin, believing it to be an evil spirit.
(d) They celebrate for many days, for they think it is very special.
4. What does Don Richardson say to the battling warriors?
(a) "Get out of my front yard!"
(b) "No more steel tools unless you stop!"
(c) "There is another way!"
(d) "Es! That's enough!"
5. What does eating flesh for the first time mean to Sawi children?
(a) They are crossing a major threshold necessary to known the ultimate essence of their existence.
(b) It means that they no longer belong to the tribe.
(c) It means they are now an adult.
(d) It means that they will someday go to heaven and be an angel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Eren ceremony?
2. How many treehouses are there, in total, in the Mauro village?
3. What have the Sawi villagers constructed around the Richardson home?
4. Who is willing to give up his only son?
5. How do the Sawi prepare a body for burial?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)