|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22, The Power of Aumamay.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What machine does the Richardson family have that is very mysterious to the Sawi people?
(a) A gas-powered washing machine.
(b) A blender.
(c) A low flying helicopter.
(d) A food processor.
2. What life forms must the Richardson family learn to live with inside their new home?
(a) Worms, pythons, crocodiles, lions, jungle bears and hippos.
(b) Dogs, cats, parakeets, goats, cows, chickens and ducks.
(c) Elephants, giraffes, picolos, vultures, eagles and griffins.
(d) Mosquitoes, cockroaches, crickets, flies, rats, lizards, bats and birds.
3. What is the Ironwood Curtain?
(a) It refers to the border of iron which the Sawi people have erected around their territory.
(b) It means passing from the life of easy and plenty, where there is much light, to the darker world of the jungle.
(c) It means passing into the jungle that is full of trees which are called ironwood because of their dense hard wood.
(d) It refers to that curtain which hangs between life and death.
4. What does Don Richardson say to the battling warriors?
(a) "Get out of my front yard!"
(b) "Es! That's enough!"
(c) "No more steel tools unless you stop!"
(d) "There is another way!"
5. Why is it so difficult for the Sawi people to convert to Richardson's faith?
(a) They have no spiritual life.
(b) They cannot speak English.
(c) They trust the ancient Sawi culture which is all they have ever known.
(d) They are cowards and afraid to try anything new.
Short Answer Questions
1. What might a visitor in a Sawi village be offered as a snack?
2. What is the word that Sawi greet one another with?
3. What does seven-month-old Stephen think of his first journey down the Kronkel river?
4. What happens to Er when he makes advances towards a girl?
5. What do the Sawi people do when the long poles holding up their homes begin to rot?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)