|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22, The Power of Aumamay.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the human skeleton do Sawi children play with?
(a) The entire skeleton.
(b) The hip socket.
(c) The polished skull.
(d) The leg bones.
2. What is the name of the sea which the Kronkel river empties into?
(a) The Agrabar Waterway.
(b) The Agramenon Basin.
(c) The Arafura Sea.
(d) The Atlantic Ocean.
3. Why are the Kayagar men upset with Richardson when he announces his intention to build a home in Sawi territory?
(a) The village of Amyam is desperate to have a Tuan live with them.
(b) The Kayagar men are afraid of the Sawi and think that Richardson will be killed.
(c) The Kayagar people don't want to paddle all the way down the river.
(d) The Kayagar village of Amyam is better at building houses than the Sawi.
4. What does Richardson believe is stopping the Sawi people from following the Christian path?
(a) Fear of being crucified like Jesus.
(b) Fear of the power of God and Jesus.
(c) Fear of unfavorable reaction from the demon world.
(d) Fear of Richardson and the Tuan people.
5. Are the Sawi women involved in head hunting?
(a) Yes, they often lead the charge to the offending village.
(b) The Sawi women are involved only if they are married.
(c) Not directly, but they encourage murder and would participate in clubbing to death wounded victims.
(d) Yes, they are very good with spears and often had better aim than their husbands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richardson conclude has been the reason Sawi people have survived so long?
2. What does "my liver trembles" refer to?
3. What do the women do during battle?
4. Where are dead bodies interred in a Sawi village?
5. Who comes in a dugout to help the stranded party?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)