|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22, The Power of Aumamay.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Tuans give the elders who come out to meet them for the first time?
(a) Necklaces made of brightly colored beads.
(b) A bible, radio and a flashlight.
(c) Matches, razorblades and fishing equipment.
(d) Pens, paper and stamps.
2. What is the word that Sawi greet one another with?
3. What is the ancient Sawi custom of "waness"?
(a) A custom of men having more than one wife.
(b) One person mixing blood with another person.
(c) The custom of soaking food in water before eating it.
(d) A bind created by one person eating food which has touched another person's genitals.
4. What is the weather like on the day the Richardson family arrives at their new home?
(a) It is a very windy, chilly day on the high plains.
(b) It is a rainy tropical day during the monsoon.
(c) It is a hot, humid day in the jungle.
(d) It is a cold night, almost freezing, when they arrive.
5. What do the Sawi warriors bring on their first trading mission to Pirimapun?
(a) Pottery made from dark red riverbank clay.
(b) Sago flour, beetle grubs, lori parrots and chickens.
(c) Elaborately carved masks and feather-adorned costumes.
(d) Guns, ammunition, spears and dynamite.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Aham and Richardson have in common?
2. In Sawi what does "cool water" mean?
3. What is the Ironwood Curtain?
4. How does Yae get from the tree house to the ground?
5. What does Richardson like about the possibility of building on the kidari?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)