|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22, The Power of Aumamay.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the Kayagar men upset with Richardson when he announces his intention to build a home in Sawi territory?
(a) The Kayagar village of Amyam is better at building houses than the Sawi.
(b) The village of Amyam is desperate to have a Tuan live with them.
(c) The Kayagar people don't want to paddle all the way down the river.
(d) The Kayagar men are afraid of the Sawi and think that Richardson will be killed.
2. What does seven-month-old Stephen think of his first journey down the Kronkel river?
(a) Stephen is full of wonder and awe.
(b) Stephen is very frightened and cannot stop crying.
(c) Stephen sleeps the entire way.
(d) Stephen is bored and plays with his toys, rarely looking up.
3. What is Don Richardson feeling as he steps onto the bank of the Kronkel and meets those who are waiting for them?
(a) He is frightened that he may have misread the situation.
(b) He is psyching himself up for the sermon he is going to give.
(c) He is feeling triumphant at having made the voyage.
(d) He is angry at his wife for being so scared.
4. Are the Sawi women involved in head hunting?
(a) Yes, they are very good with spears and often had better aim than their husbands.
(b) The Sawi women are involved only if they are married.
(c) Not directly, but they encourage murder and would participate in clubbing to death wounded victims.
(d) Yes, they often lead the charge to the offending village.
5. What life forms must the Richardson family learn to live with inside their new home?
(a) Elephants, giraffes, picolos, vultures, eagles and griffins.
(b) Dogs, cats, parakeets, goats, cows, chickens and ducks.
(c) Worms, pythons, crocodiles, lions, jungle bears and hippos.
(d) Mosquitoes, cockroaches, crickets, flies, rats, lizards, bats and birds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is waiting at the new homesite when the Richardsons arrive?
2. Who is Biakadon?
3. What does Richardson feel when he first shakes hands with a Sawi elder?
4. How does Mavo respond to the protection and kindness which Richardson shows to him?
5. What does Richardson believe keeps true peace from existing among Sawi people?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)