|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22, The Power of Aumamay.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the elders Kigo, Hatu and Numu volunteer to make contact with the Tuans?
(a) These elders have learned some of the Auyu language and think maybe that is what the Tuans speak.
(b) The elders are near death anyway and think they have little to lose
(c) The elders are forced by their tribesmen to do this.
(d) The elders are confused and don't know what they are doing.
2. What is unique about the kidari along the Kronkel river?
(a) The kidari is the longest straight stretch of the river.
(b) The kidari has dangerous currents which should be avoided.
(c) The kidari is a waterfall which falls some 500 feet.
(d) The kidari has many types of exotic fish which visit it.
3. What does "my liver trembles" refer to?
(a) It means "you have aroused longing in me."
(b) It means "I am extremely hungry."
(c) It means "the day has come for me to die."
(d) It means "illness has struck me and I am near death."
4. Why must the women, young men and children leave when Yae's skull is cracked open?
(a) Because they all had to go and swim in the river until nightfall.
(b) Because it is forbidden for them to hear the sound of a skull breaking open.
(c) Because only the older men are cannibals in the Sawi tribe.
(d) Because they are not allowed to eat brains.
5. What does Richardson believe is stopping the Sawi people from following the Christian path?
(a) Fear of the power of God and Jesus.
(b) Fear of being crucified like Jesus.
(c) Fear of unfavorable reaction from the demon world.
(d) Fear of Richardson and the Tuan people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the word that Sawi greet one another with?
2. What flag flies on the deck of the "super canoe"?
3. What vision does Aham have which convinces the Sawi villagers that there is no hope for Warahai?
4. When the Richardsons, Winifred and Mavo fall off the capsized dugout and into the Kronkel river, what happens first?
5. What have the Sawi villagers constructed around the Richardson home?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)