|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22, The Power of Aumamay.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather like on the day the Richardson family arrives at their new home?
(a) It is a hot, humid day in the jungle.
(b) It is a very windy, chilly day on the high plains.
(c) It is a cold night, almost freezing, when they arrive.
(d) It is a rainy tropical day during the monsoon.
2. What do Sawi use to build the floors of their homes?
(a) Clay from the riverbank.
(c) Split palm tree bark.
3. Why do the young boys spread the news that the Richardson family is eating brains?
(a) Because the Richardsons frighten them.
(b) Because their macaroni supper looks like brains.
(c) Because Richardsons tell the boys this to frighten them.
(d) Because they are lying to get attention.
4. How does Mavo respond to the protection and kindness which Richardson shows to him?
(a) Mavo gives Richardson one of his own children.
(b) Mavo leaves the area and travels to the nearest Dutch government outpost.
(c) Mavo promises he will follow the Richardsons anywhere.
(d) Mavo converts to Christianity that evening.
5. What does the Sawi expression "hahap kaman" mean?
(a) Dinner is ready.
(b) The warriors are about to attack.
(c) The group is full of ecstatic joy.
(d) All is lost and there is no hope left.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Richardson say to the battling warriors?
2. Mahean is the first to step forward to try to carry out the peace child ritual. What stops him?
3. How many treehouses are there, in total, in the Mauro village?
4. What does the woman Anai do when she hears that Yae's jawbone will be given to her?
5. What does the Richardson family sleep underneath?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)