|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22, The Power of Aumamay.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Sawi warriors bring on their first trading mission to Pirimapun?
(a) Elaborately carved masks and feather-adorned costumes.
(b) Guns, ammunition, spears and dynamite.
(c) Pottery made from dark red riverbank clay.
(d) Sago flour, beetle grubs, lori parrots and chickens.
2. What does "my liver trembles" refer to?
(a) It means "you have aroused longing in me."
(b) It means "illness has struck me and I am near death."
(c) It means "I am extremely hungry."
(d) It means "the day has come for me to die."
3. What does the Richardson family sleep underneath?
(a) The open sky full of stars.
(b) A crucifix.
(c) A wooden box.
(d) A mosquito net.
4. What do Sawi people do if twins are born?
(a) They kill the second twin, believing it to be an evil spirit.
(b) They celebrate for many days, for they think it is very special.
(c) They name them the same name, as they came at the same time.
(d) The second twin is ordained to be a tribal medicine man.
5. What do the Sawi warriors do when they meet Don Richardson and John McCain for the first time?
(a) They panic, many of them leaping out of the canoes; everyone trembling.
(b) They launch an attack of arrows.
(c) They stand in their canoes completely and totally still.
(d) Most of the warriors faint and have to be revived with camphor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Er when he makes advances towards a girl?
2. What machine does the Richardson family have that is very mysterious to the Sawi people?
3. What brings the Sawi villagers to a sudden halt when they hear it for the first time?
4. Yae's young brother Sao is ill. What is his sickness?
5. Who is Biakadon?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)