|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22, The Power of Aumamay.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Richardson family sleep underneath?
(a) A wooden box.
(b) A crucifix.
(c) The open sky full of stars.
(d) A mosquito net.
2. What do the women do during battle?
(a) The women throw stones and sharp rocks at the enemy.
(b) The women taunt their own men to be more brave.
(c) The women shield the children.
(d) The women curse and bang their pounding sticks on the ground.
3. What does the word "navo" mean in Sawi?
(c) Help me.
4. What medicine do the Richardsons have which saves the lives of Mavu, Nair and Paha?
5. Yae's young brother Sao is ill. What is his sickness?
(a) Sao has malaria.
(b) Sao has developed early dementia.
(c) Sao has an immune system infection similar to AIDS.
(d) Sao is mentally ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Don and Carol Richardson's second child?
2. What do the Sawi people do when the long poles holding up their homes begin to rot?
3. What does Don Richardson say to the battling warriors?
4. What does "Tuwi asonai makaerin" mean?
5. What happens to Er when he makes advances towards a girl?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)