|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22, The Power of Aumamay.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richardson believe keeps true peace from existing among Sawi people?
(a) The belief of the Sawi people in demons.
(b) The possibility of tusi asonai man.
(c) The fact that they are illiterate.
(d) The inability of the Sawi people to understand what peace is.
2. What does the woman Anai do when she hears that Yae's jawbone will be given to her?
(a) She takes the bone and grinds it into fine dust and then spreads it atop the river.
(b) She promises that she will send it to Yae's wife as an expression of her sympathy.
(c) She is filled with remorse and grief and refuses to take it.
(d) She cries out in jubilation and dances to celebrate her great honor.
3. What is the only safe way for a Sawi person to drink water from the river?
(a) To drink it with a straw-like tool made of sago leaves.
(b) To put one's head underwater completely and drink.
(c) To toss each scoop of water in the air and catch it in one's mouth.
(d) The river water must never be drunk. It is full of germs.
4. What machine does the Richardson family have that is very mysterious to the Sawi people?
(a) A gas-powered washing machine.
(b) A blender.
(c) A food processor.
(d) A low flying helicopter.
5. What does Richardson conclude has been the reason Sawi people have survived so long?
(a) Their habit of aggressive fighting.
(b) Their habit of living in small, isolated groups.
(c) Their habit of bathing in the river.
(d) Their habit of fishing and hunting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are dead bodies interred in a Sawi village?
2. What life forms must the Richardson family learn to live with inside their new home?
3. Who is the first patriarch in the Sawi tribe to convert to Christianity?
4. What is the first thing Warahi says when he comes out of his coma?
5. What does "Tuwi asonai makaerin" mean?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)