|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Through the Ironwood Curtain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of flour do the Sawi women use to make bread?
(a) Whole wheat flour.
(b) Sago flour.
(c) Bamboo fiber flour.
(d) Rice flour.
2. Why do the elders Kigo, Hatu and Numu volunteer to make contact with the Tuans?
(a) The elders are confused and don't know what they are doing.
(b) The elders are forced by their tribesmen to do this.
(c) The elders are near death anyway and think they have little to lose
(d) These elders have learned some of the Auyu language and think maybe that is what the Tuans speak.
3. What does eating flesh for the first time mean to Sawi children?
(a) It means that they no longer belong to the tribe.
(b) It means that they will someday go to heaven and be an angel.
(c) It means they are now an adult.
(d) They are crossing a major threshold necessary to known the ultimate essence of their existence.
4. What do the Sawi warriors do when they meet Don Richardson and John McCain for the first time?
(a) Most of the warriors faint and have to be revived with camphor.
(b) They panic, many of them leaping out of the canoes; everyone trembling.
(c) They launch an attack of arrows.
(d) They stand in their canoes completely and totally still.
5. How does Yae get from the tree house to the ground?
(a) Yae travels from treetop to treetop, rarely touching the ground.
(b) Yae climbs down a long, vine-fastened ladder.
(c) Yae swings from vines to a nearby tree and then jumps down.
(d) Yae jumps into a soft pile of leaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Sawi people do when the long poles holding up their homes begin to rot?
2. Where is Yae's wife, Kautap, cooking as Yae waits to go to Haenam?
3. How many treehouses are there, in total, in the Mauro village?
4. What does Richardson like about the possibility of building on the kidari?
5. What is unique about the kidari along the Kronkel river?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)