|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Through the Ironwood Curtain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Yae's wife, Kautap, cooking as Yae waits to go to Haenam?
(a) At the stove in her government-supplied trailer.
(b) In a small boat floating on the river.
(c) In the summer kitchen which is a separate building out back.
(d) At the central place inside the treehouse.
2. Who actually completes the murder of Yae?
(a) His mother-in-law.
(b) He dies of starvation.
(c) The women and children of the Haenam village.
(d) The dogs of the village.
3. What effect does the tide have upon the black, algae-stained Kronkel river?
(a) The tide reverses the river's current and pushes it back into the swamp.
(b) The tide kills fish and wildlife as water rushes in and floods the area.
(c) The tide sends ocean salmon back to the place they spawned.
(d) The tide sends great cresting waves up the river which create chaos.
4. Why do the elders Kigo, Hatu and Numu volunteer to make contact with the Tuans?
(a) The elders are confused and don't know what they are doing.
(b) The elders are forced by their tribesmen to do this.
(c) The elders are near death anyway and think they have little to lose
(d) These elders have learned some of the Auyu language and think maybe that is what the Tuans speak.
5. Yae's young brother Sao is ill. What is his sickness?
(a) Sao has malaria.
(b) Sao has developed early dementia.
(c) Sao is mentally ill.
(d) Sao has an immune system infection similar to AIDS.
Short Answer Questions
1. Are the Sawi women involved in head hunting?
2. What is "saravon"?
3. What part of the human skeleton do Sawi children play with?
4. What flag flies on the deck of the "super canoe"?
5. What is the Eren ceremony?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)