|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Through the Ironwood Curtain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many treehouses are there, in total, in the Mauro village?
(d) Seven hundred and fifty.
2. What do the Tuans give the elders who come out to meet them for the first time?
(a) Pens, paper and stamps.
(b) Matches, razorblades and fishing equipment.
(c) A bible, radio and a flashlight.
(d) Necklaces made of brightly colored beads.
3. What might a visitor in a Sawi village be offered as a snack?
(a) Freshly toasted sago grubs.
(b) Lobster, recently cooked and dipped in butter.
(c) Pudding made from a bear liver.
(d) Chicken pot pie with carrots and potatoes.
4. What does the woman Anai do when she hears that Yae's jawbone will be given to her?
(a) She is filled with remorse and grief and refuses to take it.
(b) She cries out in jubilation and dances to celebrate her great honor.
(c) She takes the bone and grinds it into fine dust and then spreads it atop the river.
(d) She promises that she will send it to Yae's wife as an expression of her sympathy.
5. What does "Tuwi asonai makaerin" mean?
(a) To fatten with friendship.
(b) To leave a little on one's plate.
(c) To give a child in exchange for goods and services.
(d) To bow with deep respect to ones mother in law.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Yae arrives at the Haenam village at the beginning of Chapter 2, why is he so confident?
2. Who actually completes the murder of Yae?
3. What is the Eren ceremony?
4. What does eating flesh for the first time mean to Sawi children?
5. Why must the women, young men and children leave when Yae's skull is cracked open?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)