|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Through the Ironwood Curtain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unique about the kidari along the Kronkel river?
(a) The kidari has dangerous currents which should be avoided.
(b) The kidari is the longest straight stretch of the river.
(c) The kidari is a waterfall which falls some 500 feet.
(d) The kidari has many types of exotic fish which visit it.
2. What do the Sawi warriors bring on their first trading mission to Pirimapun?
(a) Pottery made from dark red riverbank clay.
(b) Sago flour, beetle grubs, lori parrots and chickens.
(c) Elaborately carved masks and feather-adorned costumes.
(d) Guns, ammunition, spears and dynamite.
3. How many treehouses are there, in total, in the Mauro village?
(c) Seven hundred and fifty.
4. What does the woman Anai do when she hears that Yae's jawbone will be given to her?
(a) She is filled with remorse and grief and refuses to take it.
(b) She cries out in jubilation and dances to celebrate her great honor.
(c) She promises that she will send it to Yae's wife as an expression of her sympathy.
(d) She takes the bone and grinds it into fine dust and then spreads it atop the river.
5. What flag flies on the deck of the "super canoe"?
(a) The flag of pirates.
(b) The stars and stripes of the United States.
(c) The Dutch flag.
(d) The Irian Jaya flag.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Ironwood Curtain?
2. Who actually completes the murder of Yae?
3. Yae's young brother Sao is ill. What is his sickness?
4. Why do the elders Kigo, Hatu and Numu volunteer to make contact with the Tuans?
5. What might a visitor in a Sawi village be offered as a snack?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)