|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Through the Ironwood Curtain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kauwan say that Yae should have given him in order to truly win his protection?
(a) A gun and sword.
(b) His own wife.
(c) A peace child.
(d) A thousand dollars.
2. What is the Ironwood Curtain?
(a) It means passing into the jungle that is full of trees which are called ironwood because of their dense hard wood.
(b) It refers to the border of iron which the Sawi people have erected around their territory.
(c) It means passing from the life of easy and plenty, where there is much light, to the darker world of the jungle.
(d) It refers to that curtain which hangs between life and death.
3. How many treehouses are there, in total, in the Mauro village?
(d) Seven hundred and fifty.
4. Why does Yae's wife, Kautap, throw his stone ax in the river when she hears that her husband has been murdered?
(a) She believes Yae's spirit will need the ax in the world of the dead.
(b) She doesn't want anyone else to use it.
(c) She is mad with grief.
(d) She is angry at him for going to Haenam.
5. Why must the women, young men and children leave when Yae's skull is cracked open?
(a) Because it is forbidden for them to hear the sound of a skull breaking open.
(b) Because only the older men are cannibals in the Sawi tribe.
(c) Because they all had to go and swim in the river until nightfall.
(d) Because they are not allowed to eat brains.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Eren ceremony?
2. Who actually completes the murder of Yae?
3. What effect does the tide have upon the black, algae-stained Kronkel river?
4. Why do the elders Kigo, Hatu and Numu volunteer to make contact with the Tuans?
5. What is unique about the kidari along the Kronkel river?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)