|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, The Tuan Eat Brains.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kauwan say that Yae should have given him in order to truly win his protection?
(a) A gun and sword.
(b) A peace child.
(c) His own wife.
(d) A thousand dollars.
2. Are the Sawi women involved in head hunting?
(a) Yes, they are very good with spears and often had better aim than their husbands.
(b) Yes, they often lead the charge to the offending village.
(c) The Sawi women are involved only if they are married.
(d) Not directly, but they encourage murder and would participate in clubbing to death wounded victims.
3. Why must the women, young men and children leave when Yae's skull is cracked open?
(a) Because they all had to go and swim in the river until nightfall.
(b) Because it is forbidden for them to hear the sound of a skull breaking open.
(c) Because they are not allowed to eat brains.
(d) Because only the older men are cannibals in the Sawi tribe.
4. When Yae arrives at the Haenam village at the beginning of Chapter 2, why is he so confident?
(a) He is bringing them steel axes and a chain saw.
(b) He has been visiting them for seven months and they have been very friendly and warm.
(c) He is carrying a concealed gun so that if there is trouble, he can defend himself.
(d) He is marrying the chief's daughter and will soon be related to the tribe.
5. What is the ancient Sawi custom of "waness"?
(a) A custom of men having more than one wife.
(b) The custom of soaking food in water before eating it.
(c) One person mixing blood with another person.
(d) A bind created by one person eating food which has touched another person's genitals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What medicine do the Richardsons have which saves the lives of Mavu, Nair and Paha?
2. What might a visitor in a Sawi village be offered as a snack?
3. What is Don Richardson feeling as he steps onto the bank of the Kronkel and meets those who are waiting for them?
4. What is "saravon"?
5. Why is Hadi so important to Don Richardson?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)