|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, The Tuan Eat Brains.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the young boys spread the news that the Richardson family is eating brains?
(a) Because they are lying to get attention.
(b) Because Richardsons tell the boys this to frighten them.
(c) Because the Richardsons frighten them.
(d) Because their macaroni supper looks like brains.
2. What is the word that Sawi greet one another with?
3. What is "saravon"?
(a) The relationship between a Sawi man and his mother-in-law.
(b) A nutritious stew made of pork, sago and onions.
(c) A milky drink offered to the river gods every morning.
(d) A customary display of force meant to reassure guests that they are safe.
4. What does "Tuwi asonai makaerin" mean?
(a) To bow with deep respect to ones mother in law.
(b) To give a child in exchange for goods and services.
(c) To fatten with friendship.
(d) To leave a little on one's plate.
5. What do Sawi men smoke in their pipes?
(a) Tobacco leaves.
(b) Dried mushrooms.
(c) Sago leaves.
(d) Ground bones of wild boars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Don Richardson's first order of business with the Sawi tribe?
2. What is Don Richardson feeling as he steps onto the bank of the Kronkel and meets those who are waiting for them?
3. Who actually completes the murder of Yae?
4. Why are the Kayagar men upset with Richardson when he announces his intention to build a home in Sawi territory?
5. Why does Yae's wife, Kautap, throw his stone ax in the river when she hears that her husband has been murdered?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)