|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, The Tuan Eat Brains.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the ancient Sawi custom of "waness"?
(a) A custom of men having more than one wife.
(b) A bind created by one person eating food which has touched another person's genitals.
(c) One person mixing blood with another person.
(d) The custom of soaking food in water before eating it.
2. What machine does the Richardson family have that is very mysterious to the Sawi people?
(a) A blender.
(b) A low flying helicopter.
(c) A gas-powered washing machine.
(d) A food processor.
3. What do Sawi people do if twins are born?
(a) They name them the same name, as they came at the same time.
(b) The second twin is ordained to be a tribal medicine man.
(c) They celebrate for many days, for they think it is very special.
(d) They kill the second twin, believing it to be an evil spirit.
4. What does the Richardson family sleep underneath?
(a) A wooden box.
(b) A crucifix.
(c) The open sky full of stars.
(d) A mosquito net.
5. What does Kauwan say that Yae should have given him in order to truly win his protection?
(a) His own wife.
(b) A peace child.
(c) A thousand dollars.
(d) A gun and sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Hadi so important to Don Richardson?
2. Who actually completes the murder of Yae?
3. Why are the Kayagar men upset with Richardson when he announces his intention to build a home in Sawi territory?
4. What medicine do the Richardsons have which saves the lives of Mavu, Nair and Paha?
5. Why does Kauwan refuse to help Yae escape his terrible fate?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)