|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, The Tuan Eat Brains.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the young boys spread the news that the Richardson family is eating brains?
(a) Because Richardsons tell the boys this to frighten them.
(b) Because the Richardsons frighten them.
(c) Because they are lying to get attention.
(d) Because their macaroni supper looks like brains.
2. What is Don Richardson's first order of business with the Sawi tribe?
(a) To establish trading alliances with neighboring tribes.
(b) To convert the children to Christianity.
(c) To learn the Sawi language.
(d) To cure the sick and heal the lame.
3. What does Don Richardson interpret the tumult of Sawi activity as?
(a) A baptism into a new and strange world.
(b) A chance to learn the Sawi language.
(c) A dangerous cannibalistic ritual.
(d) The beginning of a violent war between Sawi and Tuan.
4. What does Kauwan say that Yae should have given him in order to truly win his protection?
(a) A thousand dollars.
(b) A gun and sword.
(c) A peace child.
(d) His own wife.
5. Why are the Kayagar men upset with Richardson when he announces his intention to build a home in Sawi territory?
(a) The village of Amyam is desperate to have a Tuan live with them.
(b) The Kayagar village of Amyam is better at building houses than the Sawi.
(c) The Kayagar men are afraid of the Sawi and think that Richardson will be killed.
(d) The Kayagar people don't want to paddle all the way down the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does eating flesh for the first time mean to Sawi children?
2. What does "Tuwi asonai makaerin" mean?
3. Why is Hadi so important to Don Richardson?
4. Why must the women, young men and children leave when Yae's skull is cracked open?
5. What does Richardson feel when he first shakes hands with a Sawi elder?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)