|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, The Tuan Eat Brains.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the ancient Sawi custom of "waness"?
(a) The custom of soaking food in water before eating it.
(b) One person mixing blood with another person.
(c) A bind created by one person eating food which has touched another person's genitals.
(d) A custom of men having more than one wife.
2. What might a visitor in a Sawi village be offered as a snack?
(a) Pudding made from a bear liver.
(b) Chicken pot pie with carrots and potatoes.
(c) Lobster, recently cooked and dipped in butter.
(d) Freshly toasted sago grubs.
3. Why does a Sawi wife shave her head?
(a) Because it would show how wise she was.
(b) Because it customary for a bride to have a shaved head.
(c) Because of lice.
(d) Because her husband has died.
4. Why do the young boys spread the news that the Richardson family is eating brains?
(a) Because the Richardsons frighten them.
(b) Because their macaroni supper looks like brains.
(c) Because they are lying to get attention.
(d) Because Richardsons tell the boys this to frighten them.
5. What does Richardson feel when he first shakes hands with a Sawi elder?
(a) That they are equally human...flesh and blood...men.
(b) That the Sawi will never understand the way of the modern world.
(c) That the Sawi are very short but quite strong.
(d) That these people are not to be trusted...ever...
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Yae's wife, Kautap, throw his stone ax in the river when she hears that her husband has been murdered?
2. Why are the Kayagar men upset with Richardson when he announces his intention to build a home in Sawi territory?
3. Are the Sawi women involved in head hunting?
4. What is the word that Sawi greet one another with?
5. What is Carol Richardson feeling as she steps onto the bank of her new home?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)