|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, The Tuan Eat Brains.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the ancient Sawi custom of "waness"?
(a) One person mixing blood with another person.
(b) A bind created by one person eating food which has touched another person's genitals.
(c) The custom of soaking food in water before eating it.
(d) A custom of men having more than one wife.
2. What is Carol Richardson feeling as she steps onto the bank of her new home?
(a) Carol is planning her escape.
(b) Carol is very angry with her husband.
(c) Carol is excited and awed.
(d) Carol is hysterical with weeping.
3. Why are the Kayagar men upset with Richardson when he announces his intention to build a home in Sawi territory?
(a) The village of Amyam is desperate to have a Tuan live with them.
(b) The Kayagar village of Amyam is better at building houses than the Sawi.
(c) The Kayagar people don't want to paddle all the way down the river.
(d) The Kayagar men are afraid of the Sawi and think that Richardson will be killed.
4. What medicine do the Richardsons have which saves the lives of Mavu, Nair and Paha?
5. What is the word that Sawi greet one another with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Sawi expression "hahap kaman" mean?
2. Why does Kauwan refuse to help Yae escape his terrible fate?
3. Why must the women, young men and children leave when Yae's skull is cracked open?
4. What does the Richardson family sleep underneath?
5. What life forms must the Richardson family learn to live with inside their new home?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)