|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, The Tuan Eat Brains.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kauwan say that Yae should have given him in order to truly win his protection?
(a) His own wife.
(b) A gun and sword.
(c) A peace child.
(d) A thousand dollars.
2. What is Carol Richardson feeling as she steps onto the bank of her new home?
(a) Carol is very angry with her husband.
(b) Carol is hysterical with weeping.
(c) Carol is planning her escape.
(d) Carol is excited and awed.
3. What do Sawi men smoke in their pipes?
(a) Ground bones of wild boars.
(b) Dried mushrooms.
(c) Sago leaves.
(d) Tobacco leaves.
4. What is the ancient Sawi custom of "waness"?
(a) The custom of soaking food in water before eating it.
(b) A bind created by one person eating food which has touched another person's genitals.
(c) A custom of men having more than one wife.
(d) One person mixing blood with another person.
5. Why does a Sawi wife shave her head?
(a) Because of lice.
(b) Because her husband has died.
(c) Because it would show how wise she was.
(d) Because it customary for a bride to have a shaved head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What life forms must the Richardson family learn to live with inside their new home?
2. What is the word that Sawi greet one another with?
3. What does Don Richardson do that frightens the Sawi people away from his house?
4. What is the only safe way for a Sawi person to drink water from the river?
5. What does the Sawi expression "hahap kaman" mean?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)