|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, The Tuan Eat Brains.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the Kayagar men upset with Richardson when he announces his intention to build a home in Sawi territory?
(a) The Kayagar men are afraid of the Sawi and think that Richardson will be killed.
(b) The Kayagar people don't want to paddle all the way down the river.
(c) The Kayagar village of Amyam is better at building houses than the Sawi.
(d) The village of Amyam is desperate to have a Tuan live with them.
2. What is Carol Richardson feeling as she steps onto the bank of her new home?
(a) Carol is planning her escape.
(b) Carol is very angry with her husband.
(c) Carol is hysterical with weeping.
(d) Carol is excited and awed.
3. What is Don Richardson feeling as he steps onto the bank of the Kronkel and meets those who are waiting for them?
(a) He is psyching himself up for the sermon he is going to give.
(b) He is frightened that he may have misread the situation.
(c) He is feeling triumphant at having made the voyage.
(d) He is angry at his wife for being so scared.
4. What does Don Richardson interpret the tumult of Sawi activity as?
(a) A chance to learn the Sawi language.
(b) A baptism into a new and strange world.
(c) A dangerous cannibalistic ritual.
(d) The beginning of a violent war between Sawi and Tuan.
5. What is the Eren ceremony?
(a) A ceremony in which a man and woman adopt orphaned children.
(b) A ritual in which women cook pork and sago to celebrate the full moon.
(c) A ritual in which a girl or woman is given the full status of matriarch.
(d) A ritual in which a girl or woman is given the jawbone of a freshly killed victim.
Short Answer Questions
1. Are the Sawi women involved in head hunting?
2. What does the woman Anai do when she hears that Yae's jawbone will be given to her?
3. Why is Hadi so important to Don Richardson?
4. What is the only safe way for a Sawi person to drink water from the river?
5. What does the Richardson family sleep underneath?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)