|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, The Tuan Eat Brains.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kauwan say that Yae should have given him in order to truly win his protection?
(a) A thousand dollars.
(b) His own wife.
(c) A peace child.
(d) A gun and sword.
2. What is Don Richardson's first order of business with the Sawi tribe?
(a) To learn the Sawi language.
(b) To cure the sick and heal the lame.
(c) To convert the children to Christianity.
(d) To establish trading alliances with neighboring tribes.
3. What does the Richardson family sleep underneath?
(a) A mosquito net.
(b) A crucifix.
(c) A wooden box.
(d) The open sky full of stars.
4. Why must the women, young men and children leave when Yae's skull is cracked open?
(a) Because only the older men are cannibals in the Sawi tribe.
(b) Because it is forbidden for them to hear the sound of a skull breaking open.
(c) Because they are not allowed to eat brains.
(d) Because they all had to go and swim in the river until nightfall.
5. Are the Sawi women involved in head hunting?
(a) Not directly, but they encourage murder and would participate in clubbing to death wounded victims.
(b) Yes, they are very good with spears and often had better aim than their husbands.
(c) Yes, they often lead the charge to the offending village.
(d) The Sawi women are involved only if they are married.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Yae arrives at the Haenam village at the beginning of Chapter 2, why is he so confident?
2. What do Sawi use to build the floors of their homes?
3. Who actually completes the murder of Yae?
4. What is the Eren ceremony?
5. What machine does the Richardson family have that is very mysterious to the Sawi people?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)