|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, The Tuan Eat Brains.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "Tuwi asonai makaerin" mean?
(a) To fatten with friendship.
(b) To bow with deep respect to ones mother in law.
(c) To give a child in exchange for goods and services.
(d) To leave a little on one's plate.
2. What is the only safe way for a Sawi person to drink water from the river?
(a) To put one's head underwater completely and drink.
(b) The river water must never be drunk. It is full of germs.
(c) To drink it with a straw-like tool made of sago leaves.
(d) To toss each scoop of water in the air and catch it in one's mouth.
3. What does eating flesh for the first time mean to Sawi children?
(a) It means they are now an adult.
(b) It means that they will someday go to heaven and be an angel.
(c) It means that they no longer belong to the tribe.
(d) They are crossing a major threshold necessary to known the ultimate essence of their existence.
4. What life forms must the Richardson family learn to live with inside their new home?
(a) Elephants, giraffes, picolos, vultures, eagles and griffins.
(b) Worms, pythons, crocodiles, lions, jungle bears and hippos.
(c) Mosquitoes, cockroaches, crickets, flies, rats, lizards, bats and birds.
(d) Dogs, cats, parakeets, goats, cows, chickens and ducks.
5. What is the word that Sawi greet one another with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Sawi expression "hahap kaman" mean?
2. What is the Eren ceremony?
3. What does Kauwan say that Yae should have given him in order to truly win his protection?
4. Why is Hadi so important to Don Richardson?
5. Why do the young boys spread the news that the Richardson family is eating brains?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)