|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, The Tuan Eat Brains.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richardson feel when he first shakes hands with a Sawi elder?
(a) That the Sawi are very short but quite strong.
(b) That these people are not to be trusted...ever...
(c) That the Sawi will never understand the way of the modern world.
(d) That they are equally human...flesh and blood...men.
2. What is Don Richardson's first order of business with the Sawi tribe?
(a) To establish trading alliances with neighboring tribes.
(b) To convert the children to Christianity.
(c) To cure the sick and heal the lame.
(d) To learn the Sawi language.
3. What does Don Richardson interpret the tumult of Sawi activity as?
(a) The beginning of a violent war between Sawi and Tuan.
(b) A baptism into a new and strange world.
(c) A dangerous cannibalistic ritual.
(d) A chance to learn the Sawi language.
4. When Yae arrives at the Haenam village at the beginning of Chapter 2, why is he so confident?
(a) He has been visiting them for seven months and they have been very friendly and warm.
(b) He is carrying a concealed gun so that if there is trouble, he can defend himself.
(c) He is bringing them steel axes and a chain saw.
(d) He is marrying the chief's daughter and will soon be related to the tribe.
5. What might a visitor in a Sawi village be offered as a snack?
(a) Freshly toasted sago grubs.
(b) Lobster, recently cooked and dipped in butter.
(c) Pudding made from a bear liver.
(d) Chicken pot pie with carrots and potatoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Sawi use to build the floors of their homes?
2. What does Don Richardson do that frightens the Sawi people away from his house?
3. What machine does the Richardson family have that is very mysterious to the Sawi people?
4. What is the word that Sawi greet one another with?
5. Why does Yae's wife, Kautap, throw his stone ax in the river when she hears that her husband has been murdered?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)