|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, The Tuan Eat Brains.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Sawi use to build the floors of their homes?
(b) Clay from the riverbank.
(c) Split palm tree bark.
2. Why must the women, young men and children leave when Yae's skull is cracked open?
(a) Because they are not allowed to eat brains.
(b) Because they all had to go and swim in the river until nightfall.
(c) Because only the older men are cannibals in the Sawi tribe.
(d) Because it is forbidden for them to hear the sound of a skull breaking open.
3. Why is Hadi so important to Don Richardson?
(a) Richardson feels that somehow Hadi is related to him.
(b) Hadi is the only Sawi who can read.
(c) He is the first Sawi that Richardson has contact with and he speaks several tribal languages.
(d) Hadi is blind and Richardson feels very sorry for him.
4. What does Don Richardson do that frightens the Sawi people away from his house?
(a) He eats brains.
(b) He lights a kerosene lamp in the darkness.
(c) He throws a handful of firecrackers out of the front door.
(d) He shoots a shot gun in their direction.
5. What life forms must the Richardson family learn to live with inside their new home?
(a) Dogs, cats, parakeets, goats, cows, chickens and ducks.
(b) Mosquitoes, cockroaches, crickets, flies, rats, lizards, bats and birds.
(c) Worms, pythons, crocodiles, lions, jungle bears and hippos.
(d) Elephants, giraffes, picolos, vultures, eagles and griffins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the Kayagar men upset with Richardson when he announces his intention to build a home in Sawi territory?
2. Why does Kauwan refuse to help Yae escape his terrible fate?
3. What does Kauwan say that Yae should have given him in order to truly win his protection?
4. What do Sawi people do if twins are born?
5. What is Carol Richardson feeling as she steps onto the bank of her new home?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)