|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, The Tuan Eat Brains.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Are the Sawi women involved in head hunting?
(a) Yes, they often lead the charge to the offending village.
(b) Yes, they are very good with spears and often had better aim than their husbands.
(c) The Sawi women are involved only if they are married.
(d) Not directly, but they encourage murder and would participate in clubbing to death wounded victims.
2. What is the ancient Sawi custom of "waness"?
(a) The custom of soaking food in water before eating it.
(b) One person mixing blood with another person.
(c) A bind created by one person eating food which has touched another person's genitals.
(d) A custom of men having more than one wife.
3. What do Sawi use to build the floors of their homes?
(c) Split palm tree bark.
(d) Clay from the riverbank.
4. Why do the young boys spread the news that the Richardson family is eating brains?
(a) Because Richardsons tell the boys this to frighten them.
(b) Because their macaroni supper looks like brains.
(c) Because they are lying to get attention.
(d) Because the Richardsons frighten them.
5. What does Don Richardson do that frightens the Sawi people away from his house?
(a) He lights a kerosene lamp in the darkness.
(b) He shoots a shot gun in their direction.
(c) He eats brains.
(d) He throws a handful of firecrackers out of the front door.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does eating flesh for the first time mean to Sawi children?
2. What does the high pitched command signal should happen?
3. What is Don Richardson's first order of business with the Sawi tribe?
4. What do Sawi men smoke in their pipes?
5. What machine does the Richardson family have that is very mysterious to the Sawi people?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)