|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, The Tuan Eat Brains.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What machine does the Richardson family have that is very mysterious to the Sawi people?
(a) A blender.
(b) A food processor.
(c) A low flying helicopter.
(d) A gas-powered washing machine.
2. What does Don Richardson do that frightens the Sawi people away from his house?
(a) He shoots a shot gun in their direction.
(b) He lights a kerosene lamp in the darkness.
(c) He throws a handful of firecrackers out of the front door.
(d) He eats brains.
3. What does "Tuwi asonai makaerin" mean?
(a) To bow with deep respect to ones mother in law.
(b) To give a child in exchange for goods and services.
(c) To leave a little on one's plate.
(d) To fatten with friendship.
4. Why does Yae's wife, Kautap, throw his stone ax in the river when she hears that her husband has been murdered?
(a) She is angry at him for going to Haenam.
(b) She doesn't want anyone else to use it.
(c) She believes Yae's spirit will need the ax in the world of the dead.
(d) She is mad with grief.
5. What does the high pitched command signal should happen?
(a) It signals that the children should ask for food and water.
(b) It signals that the Richardsons should be attacked and brought down.
(c) It signals that the drums should begin.
(d) It signals that everyone should go home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why must the women, young men and children leave when Yae's skull is cracked open?
2. What might a visitor in a Sawi village be offered as a snack?
3. What is Don Richardson's first order of business with the Sawi tribe?
4. What does eating flesh for the first time mean to Sawi children?
5. What is Don Richardson feeling as he steps onto the bank of the Kronkel and meets those who are waiting for them?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)