|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, My Liver Trembles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ebenezer G. Vine?
(a) An explorer and geographer who had charted Africa.
(b) The great-grandfather of Don Richardson's who farmed in Nebraska.
(c) A well known philosopher and theologian from Denmark.
(d) A veteran missionary who speaks at Don Richardson's college.
2. Why is it so important to Richardson that the patriarchs, the older men, convert to Christianity?
(a) Because the patriarchs of the tribe hold much influence over the rest of the people.
(b) Because Richardson believes only men can lead spiritually.
(c) Because the patriarchs control all the money.
(d) Because the patriarchs can read and write and will spread the gospel.
3. What does "my liver trembles" refer to?
(a) It means "you have aroused longing in me."
(b) It means "I am extremely hungry."
(c) It means "illness has struck me and I am near death."
(d) It means "the day has come for me to die."
4. What does "Kanggime" mean in the language Dani?
(a) Land without time.
(b) Waiting until the sun comes up.
(c) The place of death.
(d) Mission State.
5. Who is the first patriarch in the Sawi tribe to convert to Christianity?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it so difficult for the Sawi people to convert to Richardson's faith?
2. What does the word "navo" mean in Sawi?
3. What have the Sawi villagers constructed around the Richardson home?
4. What two villages are fighting on the Tuan's doorstep?
5. How old is Don Richardson when he first felt a spiritual call to serve God as a missionary?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)