|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, My Liver Trembles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Don Richardson when he first felt a spiritual call to serve God as a missionary?
2. What do the women do during battle?
(a) The women curse and bang their pounding sticks on the ground.
(b) The women shield the children.
(c) The women throw stones and sharp rocks at the enemy.
(d) The women taunt their own men to be more brave.
3. Who is the first patriarch in the Sawi tribe to convert to Christianity?
4. What is the Prairie Bible Institute?
(a) A large university in Nebraska which was founded by Mennonites.
(b) A Christian community and missionary training school in Alberta, Canada.
(c) A school which teaches English and Dutch to the children from the Sawi culture.
(d) A far right think tank in western Kansas.
5. How do Don and Carol Richardson travel to New Guinea in 1962?
(a) They fly to Russia and then to Zurich and then to Australia and finally take a sailboat up to New Guinea.
(b) They sail from Vancouver on the ship "Oriana" and then fly into the interior.
(c) They fly from New York City on the Concorde and then drive into the Sawi territory.
(d) They drive from Canada to Mexico, take a small yacht across the Pacific Ocean and land in New Guinea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two villages are fighting on the Tuan's doorstep?
2. When Don Richardson first goes to work with the Sawi people, what foreign nation had claimed that area as its own?
3. Who is Ebenezer G. Vine?
4. What does Don Richardson say to the battling warriors?
5. What do the Sawi people call Jesus?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)