|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, My Liver Trembles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two villages are fighting on the Tuan's doorstep?
(a) The Kamur and Haenam villages are in battle.
(b) The Harasiomi and the Kaondahari are fighting.
(c) The Sawi are fighting the Tuan.
(d) The Kayangar and the Sawi are in battle.
2. Why is it so difficult for the Sawi people to convert to Richardson's faith?
(a) They trust the ancient Sawi culture which is all they have ever known.
(b) They have no spiritual life.
(c) They are cowards and afraid to try anything new.
(d) They cannot speak English.
3. What is the Prairie Bible Institute?
(a) A far right think tank in western Kansas.
(b) A Christian community and missionary training school in Alberta, Canada.
(c) A large university in Nebraska which was founded by Mennonites.
(d) A school which teaches English and Dutch to the children from the Sawi culture.
4. What does the word "navo" mean in Sawi?
(c) Help me.
5. What do the women do during battle?
(a) The women shield the children.
(b) The women throw stones and sharp rocks at the enemy.
(c) The women curse and bang their pounding sticks on the ground.
(d) The women taunt their own men to be more brave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Sawi people call Jesus?
2. When Don Richardson first goes to work with the Sawi people, what foreign nation had claimed that area as its own?
3. Who is the first patriarch in the Sawi tribe to convert to Christianity?
4. What does "Kanggime" mean in the language Dani?
5. How old is Don Richardson when he first felt a spiritual call to serve God as a missionary?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)