|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, My Liver Trembles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have the Sawi villagers constructed around the Richardson home?
(a) Satanoun, battle structures.
(b) Tatious, boat docks.
(c) Saurai, temporary homes.
(d) Nadous, long fireplaces for cooking.
2. What do the Sawi people call Jesus?
(a) Jesus the Tailor, the one who makes us new.
(b) Tarap Tim Kodon, the perfect peace child.
(c) Tahari Tamala, the spirit who rises again.
(d) Tawanda Tahoi, the one who is beyond reach.
3. What do the women do during battle?
(a) The women taunt their own men to be more brave.
(b) The women shield the children.
(c) The women throw stones and sharp rocks at the enemy.
(d) The women curse and bang their pounding sticks on the ground.
4. What does Don Richardson believe the real battle is about?
(a) Between women and men.
(b) Between God and Satan.
(c) Between the modern world and the stone age world.
(d) Between the savagery and the gospel of peace.
5. What does the word "navo" mean in Sawi?
(b) Help me.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "Kanggime" mean in the language Dani?
2. Who is the first patriarch in the Sawi tribe to convert to Christianity?
3. What does "my liver trembles" refer to?
4. What two villages are fighting on the Tuan's doorstep?
5. What does Don Richardson say to the battling warriors?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)