|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, My Liver Trembles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two villages are fighting on the Tuan's doorstep?
(a) The Sawi are fighting the Tuan.
(b) The Harasiomi and the Kaondahari are fighting.
(c) The Kayangar and the Sawi are in battle.
(d) The Kamur and Haenam villages are in battle.
2. Who stands at the front of the battle, on the front line, so to speak?
(a) The young teenage boys.
(b) The jesters and clowns are sent to the front to distract.
(c) The most experienced warriors.
(d) The women.
3. What do the Sawi people call Jesus?
(a) Tarap Tim Kodon, the perfect peace child.
(b) Tawanda Tahoi, the one who is beyond reach.
(c) Tahari Tamala, the spirit who rises again.
(d) Jesus the Tailor, the one who makes us new.
4. What does Don Richardson say to the battling warriors?
(a) "There is another way!"
(b) "No more steel tools unless you stop!"
(c) "Es! That's enough!"
(d) "Get out of my front yard!"
5. What does "Kanggime" mean in the language Dani?
(a) The place of death.
(b) Land without time.
(c) Waiting until the sun comes up.
(d) Mission State.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first patriarch in the Sawi tribe to convert to Christianity?
2. Why is it so important to Richardson that the patriarchs, the older men, convert to Christianity?
3. What does "my liver trembles" refer to?
4. How old is Don Richardson when he first felt a spiritual call to serve God as a missionary?
5. Who is Ebenezer G. Vine?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)