|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, My Liver Trembles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Don and Carol Richardson travel to New Guinea in 1962?
(a) They fly from New York City on the Concorde and then drive into the Sawi territory.
(b) They fly to Russia and then to Zurich and then to Australia and finally take a sailboat up to New Guinea.
(c) They drive from Canada to Mexico, take a small yacht across the Pacific Ocean and land in New Guinea.
(d) They sail from Vancouver on the ship "Oriana" and then fly into the interior.
2. When Don Richardson first goes to work with the Sawi people, what foreign nation had claimed that area as its own?
(a) The Netherlands.
(b) The Germans.
(c) The Americans.
(d) The Australians.
3. What does Don Richardson believe the real battle is about?
(a) Between the modern world and the stone age world.
(b) Between God and Satan.
(c) Between the savagery and the gospel of peace.
(d) Between women and men.
4. What is the Prairie Bible Institute?
(a) A Christian community and missionary training school in Alberta, Canada.
(b) A large university in Nebraska which was founded by Mennonites.
(c) A far right think tank in western Kansas.
(d) A school which teaches English and Dutch to the children from the Sawi culture.
5. What does Don Richardson say to the battling warriors?
(a) "No more steel tools unless you stop!"
(b) "Get out of my front yard!"
(c) "Es! That's enough!"
(d) "There is another way!"
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first patriarch in the Sawi tribe to convert to Christianity?
2. What have the Sawi villagers constructed around the Richardson home?
3. Who is Ebenezer G. Vine?
4. What does "my liver trembles" refer to?
5. Who stands at the front of the battle, on the front line, so to speak?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)