|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, My Liver Trembles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don Richardson say to the battling warriors?
(a) "No more steel tools unless you stop!"
(b) "Es! That's enough!"
(c) "Get out of my front yard!"
(d) "There is another way!"
2. What is the Prairie Bible Institute?
(a) A large university in Nebraska which was founded by Mennonites.
(b) A far right think tank in western Kansas.
(c) A Christian community and missionary training school in Alberta, Canada.
(d) A school which teaches English and Dutch to the children from the Sawi culture.
3. Who is the first patriarch in the Sawi tribe to convert to Christianity?
4. What have the Sawi villagers constructed around the Richardson home?
(a) Saurai, temporary homes.
(b) Satanoun, battle structures.
(c) Tatious, boat docks.
(d) Nadous, long fireplaces for cooking.
5. What does "my liver trembles" refer to?
(a) It means "illness has struck me and I am near death."
(b) It means "you have aroused longing in me."
(c) It means "the day has come for me to die."
(d) It means "I am extremely hungry."
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the women do during battle?
2. Why is it so difficult for the Sawi people to convert to Richardson's faith?
3. When Don Richardson first goes to work with the Sawi people, what foreign nation had claimed that area as its own?
4. What two villages are fighting on the Tuan's doorstep?
5. Who is Ebenezer G. Vine?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)