|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, My Liver Trembles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two villages are fighting on the Tuan's doorstep?
(a) The Sawi are fighting the Tuan.
(b) The Harasiomi and the Kaondahari are fighting.
(c) The Kamur and Haenam villages are in battle.
(d) The Kayangar and the Sawi are in battle.
2. What do the women do during battle?
(a) The women taunt their own men to be more brave.
(b) The women shield the children.
(c) The women throw stones and sharp rocks at the enemy.
(d) The women curse and bang their pounding sticks on the ground.
3. What does "Kanggime" mean in the language Dani?
(a) The place of death.
(b) Waiting until the sun comes up.
(c) Mission State.
(d) Land without time.
4. What does "my liver trembles" refer to?
(a) It means "the day has come for me to die."
(b) It means "illness has struck me and I am near death."
(c) It means "you have aroused longing in me."
(d) It means "I am extremely hungry."
5. Who stands at the front of the battle, on the front line, so to speak?
(a) The jesters and clowns are sent to the front to distract.
(b) The women.
(c) The young teenage boys.
(d) The most experienced warriors.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Don Richardson first goes to work with the Sawi people, what foreign nation had claimed that area as its own?
2. Who is the first patriarch in the Sawi tribe to convert to Christianity?
3. What do the Sawi people call Jesus?
4. What have the Sawi villagers constructed around the Richardson home?
5. How old is Don Richardson when he first felt a spiritual call to serve God as a missionary?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)