|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, My Liver Trembles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the word "navo" mean in Sawi?
(a) Help me.
2. What does "my liver trembles" refer to?
(a) It means "illness has struck me and I am near death."
(b) It means "you have aroused longing in me."
(c) It means "the day has come for me to die."
(d) It means "I am extremely hungry."
3. What do the women do during battle?
(a) The women taunt their own men to be more brave.
(b) The women throw stones and sharp rocks at the enemy.
(c) The women shield the children.
(d) The women curse and bang their pounding sticks on the ground.
4. When Don Richardson first goes to work with the Sawi people, what foreign nation had claimed that area as its own?
(a) The Germans.
(b) The Australians.
(c) The Netherlands.
(d) The Americans.
5. What two villages are fighting on the Tuan's doorstep?
(a) The Harasiomi and the Kaondahari are fighting.
(b) The Kamur and Haenam villages are in battle.
(c) The Kayangar and the Sawi are in battle.
(d) The Sawi are fighting the Tuan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stands at the front of the battle, on the front line, so to speak?
2. How do Don and Carol Richardson travel to New Guinea in 1962?
3. What does Don Richardson say to the battling warriors?
4. What does Don Richardson believe the real battle is about?
5. What do the Sawi people call Jesus?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)