|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, My Liver Trembles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Don and Carol Richardson travel to New Guinea in 1962?
(a) They drive from Canada to Mexico, take a small yacht across the Pacific Ocean and land in New Guinea.
(b) They sail from Vancouver on the ship "Oriana" and then fly into the interior.
(c) They fly to Russia and then to Zurich and then to Australia and finally take a sailboat up to New Guinea.
(d) They fly from New York City on the Concorde and then drive into the Sawi territory.
2. What is the Prairie Bible Institute?
(a) A far right think tank in western Kansas.
(b) A large university in Nebraska which was founded by Mennonites.
(c) A Christian community and missionary training school in Alberta, Canada.
(d) A school which teaches English and Dutch to the children from the Sawi culture.
3. When Don Richardson first goes to work with the Sawi people, what foreign nation had claimed that area as its own?
(a) The Netherlands.
(b) The Germans.
(c) The Americans.
(d) The Australians.
4. What two villages are fighting on the Tuan's doorstep?
(a) The Kamur and Haenam villages are in battle.
(b) The Sawi are fighting the Tuan.
(c) The Kayangar and the Sawi are in battle.
(d) The Harasiomi and the Kaondahari are fighting.
5. What does the word "navo" mean in Sawi?
(b) Help me.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it so important to Richardson that the patriarchs, the older men, convert to Christianity?
2. Who is Ebenezer G. Vine?
3. What does Don Richardson believe the real battle is about?
4. What do the Sawi people call Jesus?
5. Who stands at the front of the battle, on the front line, so to speak?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)