|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, My Liver Trembles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have the Sawi villagers constructed around the Richardson home?
(a) Nadous, long fireplaces for cooking.
(b) Saurai, temporary homes.
(c) Tatious, boat docks.
(d) Satanoun, battle structures.
2. What do the Sawi people call Jesus?
(a) Tawanda Tahoi, the one who is beyond reach.
(b) Jesus the Tailor, the one who makes us new.
(c) Tahari Tamala, the spirit who rises again.
(d) Tarap Tim Kodon, the perfect peace child.
3. Why is it so difficult for the Sawi people to convert to Richardson's faith?
(a) They have no spiritual life.
(b) They trust the ancient Sawi culture which is all they have ever known.
(c) They are cowards and afraid to try anything new.
(d) They cannot speak English.
4. What two villages are fighting on the Tuan's doorstep?
(a) The Kayangar and the Sawi are in battle.
(b) The Harasiomi and the Kaondahari are fighting.
(c) The Kamur and Haenam villages are in battle.
(d) The Sawi are fighting the Tuan.
5. Who is Ebenezer G. Vine?
(a) An explorer and geographer who had charted Africa.
(b) A veteran missionary who speaks at Don Richardson's college.
(c) A well known philosopher and theologian from Denmark.
(d) The great-grandfather of Don Richardson's who farmed in Nebraska.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it so important to Richardson that the patriarchs, the older men, convert to Christianity?
2. Who stands at the front of the battle, on the front line, so to speak?
3. What does Don Richardson believe the real battle is about?
4. How do Don and Carol Richardson travel to New Guinea in 1962?
5. When Don Richardson first goes to work with the Sawi people, what foreign nation had claimed that area as its own?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)