|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, My Liver Trembles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Don Richardson first goes to work with the Sawi people, what foreign nation had claimed that area as its own?
(a) The Americans.
(b) The Germans.
(c) The Australians.
(d) The Netherlands.
2. Why is it so important to Richardson that the patriarchs, the older men, convert to Christianity?
(a) Because the patriarchs control all the money.
(b) Because the patriarchs of the tribe hold much influence over the rest of the people.
(c) Because the patriarchs can read and write and will spread the gospel.
(d) Because Richardson believes only men can lead spiritually.
3. What do the Sawi people call Jesus?
(a) Tawanda Tahoi, the one who is beyond reach.
(b) Tarap Tim Kodon, the perfect peace child.
(c) Tahari Tamala, the spirit who rises again.
(d) Jesus the Tailor, the one who makes us new.
4. What is the Prairie Bible Institute?
(a) A far right think tank in western Kansas.
(b) A Christian community and missionary training school in Alberta, Canada.
(c) A large university in Nebraska which was founded by Mennonites.
(d) A school which teaches English and Dutch to the children from the Sawi culture.
5. Why is it so difficult for the Sawi people to convert to Richardson's faith?
(a) They are cowards and afraid to try anything new.
(b) They trust the ancient Sawi culture which is all they have ever known.
(c) They have no spiritual life.
(d) They cannot speak English.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two villages are fighting on the Tuan's doorstep?
2. Who is the first patriarch in the Sawi tribe to convert to Christianity?
3. Who stands at the front of the battle, on the front line, so to speak?
4. How do Don and Carol Richardson travel to New Guinea in 1962?
5. Who is Ebenezer G. Vine?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)