|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, My Liver Trembles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Sawi people call Jesus?
(a) Tawanda Tahoi, the one who is beyond reach.
(b) Jesus the Tailor, the one who makes us new.
(c) Tarap Tim Kodon, the perfect peace child.
(d) Tahari Tamala, the spirit who rises again.
2. Why is it so important to Richardson that the patriarchs, the older men, convert to Christianity?
(a) Because the patriarchs of the tribe hold much influence over the rest of the people.
(b) Because the patriarchs can read and write and will spread the gospel.
(c) Because the patriarchs control all the money.
(d) Because Richardson believes only men can lead spiritually.
3. When Don Richardson first goes to work with the Sawi people, what foreign nation had claimed that area as its own?
(a) The Germans.
(b) The Americans.
(c) The Australians.
(d) The Netherlands.
4. Who is the first patriarch in the Sawi tribe to convert to Christianity?
5. What does "my liver trembles" refer to?
(a) It means "the day has come for me to die."
(b) It means "you have aroused longing in me."
(c) It means "illness has struck me and I am near death."
(d) It means "I am extremely hungry."
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it so difficult for the Sawi people to convert to Richardson's faith?
2. What does the word "navo" mean in Sawi?
3. What does Don Richardson say to the battling warriors?
4. Who is Ebenezer G. Vine?
5. What two villages are fighting on the Tuan's doorstep?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)