|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, My Liver Trembles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Don Richardson when he first felt a spiritual call to serve God as a missionary?
2. How do Don and Carol Richardson travel to New Guinea in 1962?
(a) They fly to Russia and then to Zurich and then to Australia and finally take a sailboat up to New Guinea.
(b) They drive from Canada to Mexico, take a small yacht across the Pacific Ocean and land in New Guinea.
(c) They fly from New York City on the Concorde and then drive into the Sawi territory.
(d) They sail from Vancouver on the ship "Oriana" and then fly into the interior.
3. Why is it so important to Richardson that the patriarchs, the older men, convert to Christianity?
(a) Because the patriarchs control all the money.
(b) Because the patriarchs of the tribe hold much influence over the rest of the people.
(c) Because the patriarchs can read and write and will spread the gospel.
(d) Because Richardson believes only men can lead spiritually.
4. What does "my liver trembles" refer to?
(a) It means "you have aroused longing in me."
(b) It means "the day has come for me to die."
(c) It means "illness has struck me and I am near death."
(d) It means "I am extremely hungry."
5. What does Don Richardson believe the real battle is about?
(a) Between women and men.
(b) Between God and Satan.
(c) Between the modern world and the stone age world.
(d) Between the savagery and the gospel of peace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "Kanggime" mean in the language Dani?
2. What does the word "navo" mean in Sawi?
3. What do the Sawi people call Jesus?
4. What two villages are fighting on the Tuan's doorstep?
5. What do the women do during battle?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)