|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, My Liver Trembles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the women do during battle?
(a) The women taunt their own men to be more brave.
(b) The women shield the children.
(c) The women curse and bang their pounding sticks on the ground.
(d) The women throw stones and sharp rocks at the enemy.
2. Who stands at the front of the battle, on the front line, so to speak?
(a) The jesters and clowns are sent to the front to distract.
(b) The young teenage boys.
(c) The women.
(d) The most experienced warriors.
3. What two villages are fighting on the Tuan's doorstep?
(a) The Harasiomi and the Kaondahari are fighting.
(b) The Sawi are fighting the Tuan.
(c) The Kamur and Haenam villages are in battle.
(d) The Kayangar and the Sawi are in battle.
4. What does "my liver trembles" refer to?
(a) It means "I am extremely hungry."
(b) It means "you have aroused longing in me."
(c) It means "illness has struck me and I am near death."
(d) It means "the day has come for me to die."
5. Who is the first patriarch in the Sawi tribe to convert to Christianity?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ebenezer G. Vine?
2. How old is Don Richardson when he first felt a spiritual call to serve God as a missionary?
3. What does the word "navo" mean in Sawi?
4. Why is it so difficult for the Sawi people to convert to Richardson's faith?
5. What does "Kanggime" mean in the language Dani?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)