|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, My Liver Trembles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Sawi people call Jesus?
(a) Tawanda Tahoi, the one who is beyond reach.
(b) Jesus the Tailor, the one who makes us new.
(c) Tarap Tim Kodon, the perfect peace child.
(d) Tahari Tamala, the spirit who rises again.
2. What do the women do during battle?
(a) The women taunt their own men to be more brave.
(b) The women throw stones and sharp rocks at the enemy.
(c) The women curse and bang their pounding sticks on the ground.
(d) The women shield the children.
3. What does Don Richardson believe the real battle is about?
(a) Between the modern world and the stone age world.
(b) Between women and men.
(c) Between God and Satan.
(d) Between the savagery and the gospel of peace.
4. Who is Ebenezer G. Vine?
(a) A well known philosopher and theologian from Denmark.
(b) A veteran missionary who speaks at Don Richardson's college.
(c) The great-grandfather of Don Richardson's who farmed in Nebraska.
(d) An explorer and geographer who had charted Africa.
5. Who stands at the front of the battle, on the front line, so to speak?
(a) The women.
(b) The jesters and clowns are sent to the front to distract.
(c) The young teenage boys.
(d) The most experienced warriors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "Kanggime" mean in the language Dani?
2. When Don Richardson first goes to work with the Sawi people, what foreign nation had claimed that area as its own?
3. How do Don and Carol Richardson travel to New Guinea in 1962?
4. What does the word "navo" mean in Sawi?
5. What two villages are fighting on the Tuan's doorstep?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)