|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, My Liver Trembles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don Richardson say to the battling warriors?
(a) "Es! That's enough!"
(b) "No more steel tools unless you stop!"
(c) "Get out of my front yard!"
(d) "There is another way!"
2. What have the Sawi villagers constructed around the Richardson home?
(a) Satanoun, battle structures.
(b) Tatious, boat docks.
(c) Nadous, long fireplaces for cooking.
(d) Saurai, temporary homes.
3. When Don Richardson first goes to work with the Sawi people, what foreign nation had claimed that area as its own?
(a) The Americans.
(b) The Germans.
(c) The Netherlands.
(d) The Australians.
4. Who is the first patriarch in the Sawi tribe to convert to Christianity?
5. How do Don and Carol Richardson travel to New Guinea in 1962?
(a) They fly from New York City on the Concorde and then drive into the Sawi territory.
(b) They sail from Vancouver on the ship "Oriana" and then fly into the interior.
(c) They fly to Russia and then to Zurich and then to Australia and finally take a sailboat up to New Guinea.
(d) They drive from Canada to Mexico, take a small yacht across the Pacific Ocean and land in New Guinea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it so difficult for the Sawi people to convert to Richardson's faith?
2. Why is it so important to Richardson that the patriarchs, the older men, convert to Christianity?
3. Who is Ebenezer G. Vine?
4. How old is Don Richardson when he first felt a spiritual call to serve God as a missionary?
5. What do the women do during battle?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)