|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, My Liver Trembles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have the Sawi villagers constructed around the Richardson home?
(a) Satanoun, battle structures.
(b) Tatious, boat docks.
(c) Nadous, long fireplaces for cooking.
(d) Saurai, temporary homes.
2. What do the women do during battle?
(a) The women curse and bang their pounding sticks on the ground.
(b) The women taunt their own men to be more brave.
(c) The women throw stones and sharp rocks at the enemy.
(d) The women shield the children.
3. What do the Sawi people call Jesus?
(a) Tarap Tim Kodon, the perfect peace child.
(b) Tawanda Tahoi, the one who is beyond reach.
(c) Tahari Tamala, the spirit who rises again.
(d) Jesus the Tailor, the one who makes us new.
4. When Don Richardson first goes to work with the Sawi people, what foreign nation had claimed that area as its own?
(a) The Germans.
(b) The Americans.
(c) The Netherlands.
(d) The Australians.
5. Who stands at the front of the battle, on the front line, so to speak?
(a) The most experienced warriors.
(b) The jesters and clowns are sent to the front to distract.
(c) The women.
(d) The young teenage boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Richardson believe the real battle is about?
2. What two villages are fighting on the Tuan's doorstep?
3. Why is it so important to Richardson that the patriarchs, the older men, convert to Christianity?
4. What does "Kanggime" mean in the language Dani?
5. Who is Ebenezer G. Vine?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)