|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, My Liver Trembles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it so important to Richardson that the patriarchs, the older men, convert to Christianity?
(a) Because the patriarchs can read and write and will spread the gospel.
(b) Because the patriarchs of the tribe hold much influence over the rest of the people.
(c) Because Richardson believes only men can lead spiritually.
(d) Because the patriarchs control all the money.
2. What does "my liver trembles" refer to?
(a) It means "illness has struck me and I am near death."
(b) It means "I am extremely hungry."
(c) It means "the day has come for me to die."
(d) It means "you have aroused longing in me."
3. Who is the first patriarch in the Sawi tribe to convert to Christianity?
4. What do the Sawi people call Jesus?
(a) Tahari Tamala, the spirit who rises again.
(b) Tarap Tim Kodon, the perfect peace child.
(c) Tawanda Tahoi, the one who is beyond reach.
(d) Jesus the Tailor, the one who makes us new.
5. What does Don Richardson believe the real battle is about?
(a) Between God and Satan.
(b) Between the savagery and the gospel of peace.
(c) Between the modern world and the stone age world.
(d) Between women and men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "Kanggime" mean in the language Dani?
2. What is the Prairie Bible Institute?
3. How do Don and Carol Richardson travel to New Guinea in 1962?
4. How old is Don Richardson when he first felt a spiritual call to serve God as a missionary?
5. What do the women do during battle?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)