* The author introduces himself as a Christian missionary who traveled to the Netherlands of New Guinea.
* This is a very protected jungle area and the tribes who live here have had very little contact with the outside world.
* They are known to be cannibals and very violent people.
* The Sawi people live in a harsh world where betrayal, revenge and violence are celebrated.
* Richardson introduces the book by assuring the reader that eventually, through the teaching of Christianity, the people learn to live in a more loving, peaceful way.
* There are many obstacles but Richardson and his family are dedicated to the vision of peace and harmony in the Sawi land.
Chapter 1, Ambassador to Haenam
* The book opens by sharing the world of the Sawi before Richardson's work with them.
* Yae is a man from the village of Mauro. He wants to make peace with the...
This section contains 2,783 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)