|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years has Peter cared for Pax?
2. What does Peter buy at a store in Chapter 4?
3. In Chapter 7, what color is the alpha fox?
4. In Chapter 10, where does Peter stop?
5. How old is Peter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gray tell Bristle, Runt, and his mate that he will do in Chapter 9?
2. Why was it not safe for Pax to be near the hillside and meadow with the other foxes in Chapter 7?
3. What do Peter and Vola eat in Chapter 12?
4. What does Pax see when he looks down into the meadow in Chapter 9?
5. What does the woman look like that Peter sees when he wakes in Chapter 8?
6. How had Peter handled fracturing his thumb?
7. How does Vola set Peter's foot?
8. Why did Bristle and Runt's parents go to a humans' farm?
9. In Chapter 7, how does Pax feel after he moves back to the road to wait for his humans?
10. What does Peter see when he wakes in Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Vola wants nothing to do with Peter when she finds him in her barn. How would you describe the relationship between Vola and Peter when they first meet? How does Peter convince her to help him? How does their time together change what they think of one another? How does relationship grow? How would you describe their relationship by the time they part?
Essay Topic 2
\How does the author use cliffhangers to create suspense? What other literary techniques does the author use to create suspense? How does the use of suspense affect the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Peter welcomes his father’s hug when they meet toward the end of the novel. What type of relationship do the two have? How do the experiences in the novel affect their relationship?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)