|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long do Pax, Runt, and Bristle play in Chapter 29?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) An hour.
(c) 45 minutes.
(d) 90 minutes.
2. In Chapter 28, how long has Peter traveled since waking without thinking of rest?
(a) 7 hours.
(b) 6 hours.
(c) 8 hours.
(d) 9 hours.
3. What does Peter want to carve in Chapter 18?
(b) A knife handle.
(c) A puppet.
(d) His mother.
4. What sound makes Bristle think she needs to move Runt in Chapter 21?
5. As Pax, Bristle, and Runt hide in cattail reeds in Chapter 23, what do they see?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many miles does Vola want Peter to ride a bus in Chapter 22?
2. How many of Vola's puppets are human?
3. What direction does Pax run after Gray dies?
4. What types of flowers are near the spot where Pax, Runt, and Bristle play in Chapter 29?
5. What type of birds are in the tree that Pax climbs in Chapter 25?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pax describe tears?
2. What has Peter seen as he traveled toward the evacuated area?
3. Why does Peter believe that Vola would be a good teacher?
4. Why is Pax relieved at the beginning of Chapter 29 when he sees Bristle and Runt outside?
5. How is Peter feeling and why at the beginning of Chapter 16?
6. What are the three conditions that Peter asked Vola to follow in return for him waiting until morning to leave?
7. How does Gray die?
8. What wakes Pax in Chapter 27?
9. Why does Vola have marionettes?
10. What is Pax thinking about the meals he has had in Chapter 23?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)