|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the soldier's dog in Chapter 26?
2. Where does Bristle take shelter when she fights in Chapter 29?
(b) Oak tree.
(d) Sweet gum tree.
3. In Chapter 23, how long has it been since the humans left Pax?
(a) 12 days.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 18 days.
(d) 1 1/2 weeks.
4. What type of birds are in the tree that Pax climbs in Chapter 25?
5. In Chapter 21, from where does Pax watch Runt all night and into the next day?
(a) An overhang.
(b) Behind a log.
(c) A bush.
(d) On a rock.
6. What type of bird is the puppet that Vola has made?
7. In Chapter 30, what are a large group of vultures circling?
8. What sandwiches does Vola give Peter in Chapter 24, that he needs to eat first?
(b) Egg salad.
(d) Chicken salad.
9. In Chapter 28, how long has Peter traveled since waking without thinking of rest?
(a) 7 hours.
(b) 6 hours.
(c) 9 hours.
(d) 8 hours.
10. What did Vola leave for Peter to eat after the show in Chapter 22?
11. In Chapter 23, what was Pax's last meal?
(a) Charred mouse.
(b) Rotting fish.
12. How far does the meadow slope down in Chapter 28?
(a) About 2 miles.
(b) 3/4 mile.
(c) At least a mile.
(d) 1/2 mile.
13. How many times has Vola told Peter that they should always tell the truth?
(b) Nearly 50.
(d) About 100.
14. What does Vola use for the eyes of her puppets?
(d) Dolls' eyes.
15. How big are the heads of the puppets?
(a) Nearly human sized.
(b) The size of a basketball.
(c) About the size of a grapefruit.
(d) The size of a baseball.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 19, what does Peter remember that Pax chewed?
2. In Chapter 25, where is Runt sleekping?
3. What does Bristle drag to shelter her brother?
4. What types of flowers are near the spot where Pax, Runt, and Bristle play in Chapter 29?
5. What direction does Peter decide to go at the end of Chapter 26?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)