|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which of his mother's litters was Runt born?
2. How long does Peter think it will take him to walk back and find Pax?
(a) 9 days.
(b) 7 days.
(c) 11 days.
(d) 5 days.
3. What is the strongest smell the fox can smell at the beginning of Chapter 1?
4. How old is Peter?
5. What did Runt's mother want to get from the humans' barn?
(c) Pig slops.
6. How many years has Peter cared for Pax?
7. In Chapter 8, what does the woman wear around her neck that Peter sees when he wakes?
(a) Feathers on a rawhide strip.
(b) Beads on a strip of fabric.
8. How many of Runt's littermates died on the same day?
9. When Peter wakes his first morning in Chapter 4, how far does he think he has traveled?
(a) 10-12 miles.
(b) 7-8 miles.
(c) 9 miles.
(d) 5 miles.
10. What charm is on Peter's mother's bracelet?
(a) Small fork.
(b) Miniature house.
11. What type of bird settles on Vola's fingers when she feeds the birds in Chapter 12?
(c) Blue jay.
12. At the foot of what type of tree does the fox's toy land in Chapter 1?
13. Who went with Runt's mother to the humans' farm?
(a) Bristle and a sister.
(b) A male and female kit.
(c) Bristle and two kits.
(d) Runt's father.
14. What color truck does Pax see as he waits by the road in Chapter 3?
15. In Chapter 4, how far does Peter have to go before he hits the highway?
Short Answer Questions
1. When do foxes teach their kits to hunt?
2. How old was Peter when he went to a therapist?
3. What does Pax try to eat after discarding a bit of marsh rat?
4. In Chapter 14, how many times has Peter gotten up to do pull-ups on a beam?
5. Who watches over Pax while he sleeps in Chapter 13?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)