|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the woman in Chapter 8 think that Peter's foot needs to be in a cast?
(a) 5 weeks.
(b) 8 weeks.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) 7 weeks.
2. What does Vola give Peter to eat after setting his foot?
(a) Chicken and biscuits.
(b) Macaroni and cheese.
(c) Pancakes and eggs.
(d) Ham and applesauce.
3. In Chapter 14, how many times has Peter gotten up to do pull-ups on a beam?
(b) About 15.
(c) At least a dozen.
4. What is the kid wearing that Peter watches during ball practice in Chapter 6?
(a) Yellow t-shirt.
(b) Blue t-shirt.
(c) Red t-shirt.
(d) White t-shirt.
5. What color is Peter's hair?
6. What is the front step of Vola's home made from?
7. What type of candy did Peter always take from the bowl when he went to see a therapist?
(c) Green-apple Jolly Rancher.
(d) Strawberry lollipop.
8. At the end of Chapter 7, where does Gray say that he and Pax can travel to find a new home?
9. What is Peter's first mistake of the trip in Chapter 4?
(a) Not hunting for his grandfather's flashlight.
(b) Not bringing a sleeping bag.
(c) Not bringing a raincoat.
(d) Not taking enough water.
10. What does Pax try to eat after discarding a bit of marsh rat?
11. Who does Pax see at the end of Chapter 16?
(b) An old woman.
(c) Peter's father.
(d) An old man.
12. How long does Peter think it will take him to walk back and find Pax?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 9 days.
(c) 7 days.
(d) 11 days.
13. How long has Peter lifted logs in Chapter 14?
(a) Three quarters of an hour.
(b) 20 minutes.
(c) 15 minutes.
(d) Half an hour.
14. What types of trees does Pax remember around Peter's house?
15. How many conditions does Vola put upon helping Peter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the strongest smell the fox can smell at the beginning of Chapter 1?
2. In Chapter 14, how many times does Peter circle around the cabin?
3. What charm is on Peter's mother's bracelet?
4. How many trees does Vola have to care for?
5. What was the name of Peter's father's dog when he was a kid?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)