|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Peter sleep at the end of Chapter 4?
(b) Under a bench at a baseball field.
(c) Hollow tree.
(d) Under leaves in the woods.
2. In Pax's pen at Peter's house, what is the floor of the pen made of?
3. How old is Peter?
4. What did Runt's mother want to get from the humans' barn?
(a) Pig slops.
5. What type of bird does Pax see in Chapter 3 as he waits by the road for Peter?
(d) Red-tailed hawk.
6. What color truck does Pax see as he waits by the road in Chapter 3?
7. How many foxes are in the meadow when Gray and Pax return in Chapter 9?
8. What does Vola give Peter to eat after setting his foot?
(a) Ham and applesauce.
(b) Chicken and biscuits.
(c) Macaroni and cheese.
(d) Pancakes and eggs.
9. Other than what was in the barn, what else did Runt's mother want to get from the humans' farm?
10. What is Pax wedged into in Chapter 3?
(a) Small cave.
(b) Milkweed stalks.
(c) Berry bramble.
(d) Old log.
11. At the foot of what type of tree does the fox's toy land in Chapter 1?
12. What does Pax find in Chapter 3 that remind him of Peter and that he tries to eat?
13. How old was Peter when he went to a therapist?
14. Who went with Runt's mother to the humans' farm?
(a) Runt's father.
(b) Bristle and two kits.
(c) Bristle and a sister.
(d) A male and female kit.
15. An hour after the attack by the other fox, where does Gray sit to rest?
(a) Under a rock overhang.
(b) Base of a pecan tree.
(c) By a wall.
(d) Near a stream.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the woman's left leg made of in Chapter 8?
2. How old is Peter's father?
3. How many dens are in the hillside in Chapter 7?
4. What month is it in Chapter 2?
5. What is the fox's favorite toy?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)