|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old does Peter think the woman is that he sees when he awakes in Chapter 8?
(b) Not much older than his father.
(d) About his grandfather's age.
2. At the foot of what type of tree does the fox's toy land in Chapter 1?
3. How many conditions does Vola put upon helping Peter?
4. Who does Pax see attack Bristle in Chapter 5?
(a) A coyote.
(b) A hawk.
(c) Her brother.
(d) A vulture.
5. How long does the woman in Chapter 8 think that Peter's foot needs to be in a cast?
(a) 5 weeks.
(b) 7 weeks.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) 8 weeks.
6. What type of home does Vola live in?
(a) Old farmhouse.
(b) Ranch home.
(c) Log cabin.
(d) Mobile home.
7. What color is Peter's hair?
8. How long does Peter think it will take him to walk back and find Pax?
(a) 7 days.
(b) 9 days.
(c) 11 days.
(d) 5 days.
9. At the beginning of Chapter 5, what is the only thing that Pax has seen all day?
10. What color truck does Pax see as he waits by the road in Chapter 3?
11. In Chapter 10, where does Peter stop?
(a) At the jog in the wall where he saw the deer.
(b) At the entrance to the barn.
(c) At the convenience store.
(d) On the road.
12. In Chapter 14, how many times has Peter gotten up to do pull-ups on a beam?
(b) At least a dozen.
(c) About 15.
13. What does Vola give Peter to eat after setting his foot?
(a) Pancakes and eggs.
(b) Macaroni and cheese.
(c) Ham and applesauce.
(d) Chicken and biscuits.
14. In Chapter 8, what does the woman wear around her neck that Peter sees when he wakes?
(a) Feathers on a rawhide strip.
(c) Beads on a strip of fabric.
15. When Peter wakes his first morning in Chapter 4, how far does he think he has traveled?
(a) 10-12 miles.
(b) 5 miles.
(c) 7-8 miles.
(d) 9 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Other than what was in the barn, what else did Runt's mother want to get from the humans' farm?
2. What type of trees grow on Mason's Ridge?
3. What type of candy did Peter always take from the bowl when he went to see a therapist?
4. How many trees does Vola have to care for?
5. What smell does Pax remember on Peter's father's clothes in Chapter 3?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)