Short Answer Questions Key
1. Where and when does this story take place?
During the Vietnam War in the 1960s.
2. What is the occupation of the main character?
An American soldier.
3. Who is Pavlo drunkenly talking to in the opening scene?
A Vietnamese barmaid/prostitute.
4. Who does Pavlo says writes to him concerning Joanna?
5. What does Pavlo say he did when he read the letter?
Lost his temper.
6. What is the first thing Ardell tells Pavlo to do upon entering the room?
7. What does Ardell first ask Pavlo?
If he has killed.
This section contains 4,805 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)