|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Towers is giving bayonet instruction, what does he say one must have in order to use it properly?
(a) "The ability to listen."
(b) "The spirit to kill."
(c) "The ability to kill."
(d) "The desire to destroy."
2. When Pierce and Pavlo are speaking in the furnace room, what does Ardell do to Pavlo as the other trainees are in formation?
(a) Runs him through weapons drill.
(b) Punches Pavlo.
(c) Tells him to go home.
(d) Gives him a heavy rock to hold above his head.
3. Where and when does this story take place?
(a) During the maiden voyage of the Titanic in 1912.
(b) During The Holocaust in 1940.
(c) During Apartheid in the 1930s.
(d) During the Vietnam War in the 1960s.
4. What will Towers now name or call each trainee from Act 1 on?
(a) Army Boy.
(c) US Army.
5. What does Pavlo remind Tower of when told he had to follow through on his punishment?
(a) He does not feel well.
(b) He has to take care of the furnace.
(c) He was not at fault.
(d) He will do it better than anyone else in the army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Along with one other soldier, who must repeat their basic training?
2. What does the Corporal say it is easy to do in Vietnam?
3. Who are the two characters in the furnace room when Pavlo first enters?
4. What does Pierce first drunkenly say to Pavlo?
5. What is the story about that Pavlo tells Pierce in the furnace room?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)