|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tower conclude his weapon drill in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) Taking the trainees on a hunting trip with no guns.
(b) Making the soldiers make their beds five times in a row.
(c) Making the trainees stand outside for 5 hours.
(d) Taking the trainees on a 5 mile run.
2. When Ardell suggests that being dead makes Pavlo furious, how does Pavlo respond?
(a) By agreeing with Ardell.
(b) By crying quietly.
(c) By denying it.
(d) By running out of the room for air.
3. What does Pavlo remind Tower of when told he had to follow through on his punishment?
(a) He was not at fault.
(b) He does not feel well.
(c) He has to take care of the furnace.
(d) He will do it better than anyone else in the army.
4. Along with one other soldier, who must repeat their basic training?
5. Who are the two characters in the furnace room when Pavlo first enters?
(a) Kress and Parker.
(b) Towers and Ardell.
(c) Towers and Parker.
(d) Ardell and Kress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pavlo do when Tower tells him not to ask questions like his first?
2. Who addresses the trainees when called to formation in Act 1, Part 2?
3. What is the occupation of the main character?
4. What does Pavlo do after weapons drill that nobody else does?
5. What happens to Pavlo in Act 1, Part 4 after Pavlo first enters the barracks?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)