|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pavlo say is the reason behind lying to his mother about what time his train was leaving?
(a) He didn't want her seeing his father.
(b) He didn't want to embarrass himself at the station.
(c) He didn't want her embarrassing him at the station.
(d) He didn't want to see her go.
2. What does Pierce urge Pavlo to do in response to the people tormenting him?
(a) To make friends with them.
(b) To fight back.
(c) To quit the army.
(d) To announce his problem in the barracks.
3. What is Pavlo's punishment for supposedly masturbating instead of practicing drill?
(a) Not getting breakfast for a week.
(b) Reporting to Tower at 4am each morning.
(c) Doing drill and going on a cross country hike.
(d) Cleaning the bathrooms for a month.
4. What happens to Pavlo in Act 1, Part 4 after Pavlo first enters the barracks?
(a) He is given a sedative.
(b) He is asked to "walk the plank."
(c) He gets beaten up.
(d) He gets thrown out of the barracks.
5. What is Ardell's reason for not believing what he's seeing in Pavlo's mind?
(a) Because it is so simple.
(b) Because it is so strange.
(c) Because it is so complicated.
(d) Because it doesn't make sense.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Corporal say it is easy to do in Vietnam?
2. What does Ardell remind Pavlo of in the event of a radiation attack?
3. What is Pierce doing when Pavlo first meets him?
4. What will Towers now name or call each trainee from Act 1 on?
5. Who is Pavlo drunkenly talking to in the opening scene?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)