|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Towers is giving bayonet instruction, what does he say one must have in order to use it properly?
(a) "The ability to listen."
(b) "The spirit to kill."
(c) "The ability to kill."
(d) "The desire to destroy."
2. What is the subject of the first army song sung?
(a) How having a gun makes you weaker.
(b) How unfaithful women are when their men are at war.
(c) How they are only strong in numbers.
(d) How fun it is to be in the army.
3. What does Ardell remind Pavlo of in the event of a radiation attack?
(a) That he should look for a cave/underground place.
(b) That he has a protective suit.
(c) That he's completely helpless.
(d) That he has hope to survive.
4. What will Towers now name or call each trainee from Act 1 on?
(a) US Army.
(c) Army Boy.
5. What does Pavlo say is the reason behind lying to his mother about what time his train was leaving?
(a) He didn't want to see her go.
(b) He didn't want her embarrassing him at the station.
(c) He didn't want her seeing his father.
(d) He didn't want to embarrass himself at the station.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the occupation of the main character?
2. What does Pierce urge Pavlo to do in response to the people tormenting him?
3. What is Pavlo accused of being by the trainees?
4. Who are the two characters in the furnace room when Pavlo first enters?
5. Who in Towers's story to the trainees did Towers surprise during World War II?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)