|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after the whistle blows?
(a) A messenger arrives.
(b) A squad of army recruits enter.
(c) Pavlo runs out of the room.
(d) Ardell leaves the room.
2. What was the answer to Pavlo's question to Ardell?
(a) That Pavlo was about to be dead.
(b) That Joanna had written to Pavlo.
(c) That Pavlo killed another man.
(d) That Ardell was going to kill him.
3. What does Pavlo do when Tower tells him not to ask questions like his first?
(a) Tries to shoot Towers.
(b) Asks another question.
(c) Cries in front of Towers.
(d) Runs out of formation to the furnace room.
4. After the Corporal and Pavlo meet, what does Pavlo say in the barracks is so important about being a good soldier?
(a) To hear and know.
(b) To run and move.
(c) To run and turn.
(d) To see and move.
5. What age does Pavlo remember being while holding the grenade?
(a) Sixteen years old.
(b) Five years old.
(c) Eight years old.
(d) Three years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pavlo accused of being by the trainees?
2. When Pavlo asks how the man in the Corporal's story "knew," what was the Corporal's answer?
3. What kind of test are the trainees waiting to hear the results of?
4. What does Pavlo also explain thinking about while holding the grenade?
5. Who is Pavlo drunkenly talking to in the opening scene?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)