|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pierce urge Pavlo to do in response to the people tormenting him?
(a) To quit the army.
(b) To announce his problem in the barracks.
(c) To fight back.
(d) To make friends with them.
2. Where do the Corporal and Pavlo meet for the first time?
(a) The swimming pool.
(b) The recreation hall.
(c) At a bar.
(d) During drill.
3. Where and when does this story take place?
(a) During Apartheid in the 1930s.
(b) During The Holocaust in 1940.
(c) During the maiden voyage of the Titanic in 1912.
(d) During the Vietnam War in the 1960s.
4. What does Pavlo also explain thinking about while holding the grenade?
(a) How his dad taught him to throw.
(b) How well his hometown baseball coach could throw.
(c) How he might not live.
(d) How he would cover the granade with his body.
5. What reason for practicing weapons drill does Pavlo give to Towers when asked?
(a) He is bored.
(b) He can't stand still without practicing.
(c) Someone told him to.
(d) In order to be a good soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pierce say he is worried about while he is drunk talking with Pavlo?
2. What does Ardell remind Pavlo of in the event of a radiation attack?
3. What is Pavlo's punishment for supposedly masturbating instead of practicing drill?
4. How does Tower conclude his weapon drill in Act 1, Part 3?
5. What does Ardell first ask Pavlo?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)