Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Pavlo's first question to Tower?
(a) How old is he.
(b) Why did he join the army.
(c) Where he's from.
(d) How many push-ups he can do.
2. When Pierce and Pavlo are speaking in the furnace room, what does Ardell do to Pavlo as the other trainees are in formation?
(a) Tells him to go home.
(b) Runs him through weapons drill.
(c) Punches Pavlo.
(d) Gives him a heavy rock to hold above his head.
3. What does Pavlo say he did when he read the letter?
(a) Goes to church to pray.
(b) Lost his temper.
(c) Goes to a bar.
(d) Apologizes in another letter.
4. What does Pavlo also explain thinking about while holding the grenade?
(a) How well his hometown baseball coach could throw.
(b) How he might not live.
(c) How he would cover the granade with his body.
(d) How his dad taught him to throw.
5. When the trainees are called to formation by the second whistle blow of the play , what does Pavlo do while Pierce prepares to go?
(a) Tries to pick a fight with Parker.
(b) Refuses to go to formation.
(c) Asks Pierce not to go.
(d) Begins singing.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ardell suggests that being dead makes Pavlo furious, how does Pavlo respond?
2. Who is Pavlo drunkenly talking to in the opening scene?
3. What is the subject of the first army song sung?
4. What age does Pavlo remember being while holding the grenade?
5. In the furnace room after Pierce accuses Pavlo's stories of being lies, what does Pierce ask Pavlo?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)