|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pavlo remind Tower of when told he had to follow through on his punishment?
(a) He will do it better than anyone else in the army.
(b) He has to take care of the furnace.
(c) He was not at fault.
(d) He does not feel well.
2. What do the trainees accuse Pavlo of when he arrives in the barracks ,
(a) Skipping drill.
(b) Stealing their money.
(c) Telling on them for drinking.
(d) Wanting to go MIA.
3. What age does Pavlo remember being while holding the grenade?
(a) Five years old.
(b) Eight years old.
(c) Sixteen years old.
(d) Three years old.
4. How does Pavlo first respond to the army recruits?
(a) He yells at them
(b) He does not recognize them.
(c) He becomes agitated.
(d) He looks for his wallet.
5. What is the subject of the first army song sung?
(a) How unfaithful women are when their men are at war.
(b) How having a gun makes you weaker.
(c) How fun it is to be in the army.
(d) How they are only strong in numbers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the story about that Pavlo tells Pierce in the furnace room?
2. What is the first thing Ardell tells Pavlo to do upon entering the room?
3. Who does Pavlo yell at to get off his bed?
4. What does Pavlo say is the reason behind lying to his mother about what time his train was leaving?
5. Who is Pavlo drunkenly talking to in the opening scene?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)