|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the furnace room after Pierce accuses Pavlo's stories of being lies, what does Pierce ask Pavlo?
(a) When he's leaving the army.
(b) Whether he has any pride.
(c) What he wants to be in ten years.
(d) Why he is in the army.
2. What game does Hendrix challenge Pavlo to when they first meet?
3. When Pierce and Pavlo are speaking in the furnace room, what does Ardell do to Pavlo as the other trainees are in formation?
(a) Gives him a heavy rock to hold above his head.
(b) Punches Pavlo.
(c) Tells him to go home.
(d) Runs him through weapons drill.
4. What is the story about that Pavlo tells Pierce in the furnace room?
(a) His mother's insanity.
(b) How he used to love fire.
(c) When he drank too much in high school.
(d) His uncle being executed.
5. When Ardell suggests that being dead makes Pavlo furious, how does Pavlo respond?
(a) By running out of the room for air.
(b) By denying it.
(c) By crying quietly.
(d) By agreeing with Ardell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after the whistle blows?
2. Who does Hendrix say confronted two Vietnamese?
3. Where and when does this story take place?
4. In the furnace room, what does Kress say to Parker about Pavlo?
5. What was the answer to Pavlo's question to Ardell?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)