|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason for practicing weapons drill does Pavlo give to Towers when asked?
(a) He can't stand still without practicing.
(b) He is bored.
(c) Someone told him to.
(d) In order to be a good soldier.
2. What is the first thing Ardell tells Pavlo to do upon entering the room?
(a) Stand up.
(c) Get out.
(d) Lie down.
3. What does Ardell instruct Pavlo on in the event of a gas attack?
(a) How to hold one's breath.
(b) How to put on his gas mask .
(c) How to call for back-up.
(d) How to stay low to the ground.
4. What does Pavlo remind Tower of when told he had to follow through on his punishment?
(a) He will do it better than anyone else in the army.
(b) He was not at fault.
(c) He does not feel well.
(d) He has to take care of the furnace.
5. What does Pavlo say he did when he read the letter?
(a) Lost his temper.
(b) Goes to church to pray.
(c) Goes to a bar.
(d) Apologizes in another letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Towers now name or call each trainee from Act 1 on?
2. What age does Pavlo remember being while holding the grenade?
3. What do the trainees accuse Pavlo of when he arrives in the barracks ,
4. After Parker and Kress leave the furnace room, what does Pierce make Pavlo do?
5. Where does Ardell say he's from?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)