|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Pavlo's punishment for supposedly masturbating instead of practicing drill?
(a) Not getting breakfast for a week.
(b) Cleaning the bathrooms for a month.
(c) Reporting to Tower at 4am each morning.
(d) Doing drill and going on a cross country hike.
2. After the Corporal and Pavlo meet, what does Pavlo say in the barracks is so important about being a good soldier?
(a) To run and turn.
(b) To hear and know.
(c) To see and move.
(d) To run and move.
3. What does Pavlo remind Tower of when told he had to follow through on his punishment?
(a) He does not feel well.
(b) He will do it better than anyone else in the army.
(c) He has to take care of the furnace.
(d) He was not at fault.
4. The corporal tells Pavlo that if he's lucky, he'll be . . .
(a) Kicked out of the army.
(b) Given a new weapon.
(c) Promoted to Lieutenant
(d) Assigned to infantry.
5. What is Pavlo's response to Ardell's comment about a radiation attack?
(a) He repeats the word "no" over and over.
(b) He laughs in Ardell's face.
(c) He nods his head violently until Ardell stops him.
(d) He begins to cry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What age does Pavlo remember being while holding the grenade?
2. What does Ardell first ask Pavlo?
3. Who is Pavlo drunkenly talking to in the opening scene?
4. What was Pavlo's reason to Pierce for telling stories in the furnace room?
5. What is the name of the man whose wallet Pavlo was accused of stealing?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)