|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Hendrix say confronted two Vietnamese?
(a) His lieutenant.
(b) His brother.
(d) His commanding officer.
2. What is Pavlo's response to Ardell's comment about a radiation attack?
(a) He laughs in Ardell's face.
(b) He nods his head violently until Ardell stops him.
(c) He repeats the word "no" over and over.
(d) He begins to cry.
3. After the Corporal and Pavlo meet, what does Pavlo say in the barracks is so important about being a good soldier?
(a) To run and turn.
(b) To run and move.
(c) To see and move.
(d) To hear and know.
4. What is the first thing Ardell tells Pavlo to do upon entering the room?
(a) Stand up.
(b) Lie down.
(d) Get out.
5. What does Pavlo also explain thinking about while holding the grenade?
(a) How his dad taught him to throw.
(b) How well his hometown baseball coach could throw.
(c) How he would cover the granade with his body.
(d) How he might not live.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Pavlo asks how the man in the Corporal's story "knew," what was the Corporal's answer?
2. What is the story about that Pavlo tells Pierce in the furnace room?
3. What is the occupation of the main character?
4. Who addresses the trainees when called to formation in Act 1, Part 2?
5. What does Ardell remind Pavlo of in the event of a radiation attack?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)