|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Allende visit on her trip to Chile?
2. What is the name of the third book Allende writes during this period?
3. What is Allende's second career venture?
4. Which of the following did Allende not do during the time in Chile after the military coups?
5. Whose body is Allende called to identify at the morgue?
Essay Topic 1
Allende's work is sometimes categorized as magic realism. Explain what that means to you and why it is a common categorization for Latin writers especially. Cite an example that supports this classification of Allende's writing.
Essay Topic 2
Allende's story has some very important themes that run throughout the book. Cite at least three themes with examples to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
The relationship of mothers and daughters is of obvious importance to Allende. Briefly describe the relationship between Paula and her mother. What lessons did her mother impart to her that become invaluable in her own relationship with her daughter, Paula? Explain.
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)