|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Allende's second book addresses ______________ in Chile.
2. Allende meets a _____________ who becomes her lover.
3. What does Allende write at this time?
4. Which of the following did Allende not do during the time in Chile after the military coups?
5. In what vehicle did Allende, Michael and Paula travel around Europe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the irony of Allende's mother leaving her first husband because of scandal yet never marrying Tio Ramon with whom she lived as husband and wife. Why did she make these decisions and why is it a situation of irony? Can you cite any other examples of irony in Allende's story?
Essay Topic 2
What was the nature of the military takeover in Chile in the 1970s? Explain the political climate as well as the impact of the military coups on average citizens like Allende and her family. What is Allende's view on this time period in her life?
Essay Topic 3
Describe some of the settings for the novel. Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)