|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Paula sent for care?
2. After a month in San Francisco, the doctors evaluate Paula as __________________________.
3. Ernesto has a dream where Paula appears and asks him to ________________.
4. Doctors determine that Paula's ________________ needs to be tested.
5. What does Allende write at this time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Allende's work is sometimes categorized as magic realism. Explain what that means to you and why it is a common categorization for Latin writers especially. Cite an example that supports this classification of Allende's writing.
Essay Topic 2
As a young girl, Allende loved to escape her world through reading and telling stories and this becomes an important theme throughout the book. Name at least two other themes in the journal entries and cite two examples for each to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
PAULA, although biographical, is a classic story of coming to terms with loss. What does that classification entail? Why does this book fit into this category? Explain.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)