|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Allende's lover want to run away to?
2. Who does Allende visit on her trip to Chile?
3. What was Allende working on undercover which was exposed by national television?
4. Which of the following does Allende not think about now?
5. What type of government reigns in Chile after the military coups?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As a young girl, Allende loved to escape her world through reading and telling stories and this becomes an important theme throughout the book. Name at least two other themes in the journal entries and cite two examples for each to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Describe some of the settings for the novel. Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the role of Tio Ramon in Allende's life. What was his impact on her life? What was the evolution of their relationship? Cite some examples to support your answers.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)