|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What helps to alleviate some of the pain Allende feels over Paula's condition?
2. Why did Allende, Michael and Paula move to Europe?
3. After the military coups in Chile, what was reported about Salvador Allende?
4. What does Allende realize after getting the doctors' reports?
5. When does Allende return to Michael and the children after being with her lover in Spain?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the nature of Meme's spirituality? How did it exhibit? Do you think it was authentic? Or was it the vivid imagination of a gifted storyteller? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the role of Tio Ramon in Allende's life. What was his impact on her life? What was the evolution of their relationship? Cite some examples to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the irony of Allende's mother leaving her first husband because of scandal yet never marrying Tio Ramon with whom she lived as husband and wife. Why did she make these decisions and why is it a situation of irony? Can you cite any other examples of irony in Allende's story?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)