|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Allende write during this time?
2. Who is elected president of Chile in 1970?
3. Allende's second book addresses ______________ in Chile.
4. What is the second book Allende writes during this period?
5. After the military coups in Chile, what was reported about Salvador Allende?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Allende's story has some very important themes that run throughout the book. Cite at least three themes with examples to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the irony of Allende's mother leaving her first husband because of scandal yet never marrying Tio Ramon with whom she lived as husband and wife. Why did she make these decisions and why is it a situation of irony? Can you cite any other examples of irony in Allende's story?
Essay Topic 3
Allende lived a life of relative privilege and experiences as part of a diplomatic family. How did her experiences influence her as a person? How did the experiences influence her writing? Can you cite any examples?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)