|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Allende teach when she moves to San Francisco?
2. After a month in San Francisco, the doctors evaluate Paula as __________________________.
3. Which birthday is Allende celebrating in this section?
4. Both of Willie's kids are involved in ____________.
5. What does Allende sense at night?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the role of family in Allende's life. Explain why family seems to be especially important to Latin people and cultures. Cite three examples in the book that support this position.
Essay Topic 2
The relationship of mothers and daughters is of obvious importance to Allende. Briefly describe the relationship between Paula and her mother. What lessons did her mother impart to her that become invaluable in her own relationship with her daughter, Paula? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the author's use of point of view in this story. Identify the point of view used and explain why this book qualifies. How would the book have changed if the author had selected a different point of view?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)