|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Allende see at her bedside one morning?
2. Which of the following does Allende not witness in Caracas?
3. What job did Allende take when she returned to Caracas?
4. Which of the following does not exist in Allende's home?
5. What does Willie think Allende is doing every night?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do you think are the three main sorrows in Allende's life? Cite examples to support your answers. Explain how Allende grows from these experiences.
Essay Topic 2
What do you think are the three main joys in Allende's life? Cite examples to support your answers. Explain how Allende grows from these experiences.
Essay Topic 3
The relationship of mothers and daughters is of obvious importance to Allende. Briefly describe the relationship between Paula and her mother. What lessons did her mother impart to her that become invaluable in her own relationship with her daughter, Paula? Explain.
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)