Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Allende teach when she moves to San Francisco?
2. After a month in San Francisco, the doctors evaluate Paula as __________________________.
3. Which birthday is Allende celebrating in this section?
4. Both of Willie's kids are involved in ____________.
5. What does Allende sense at night?
Essay Topic 1
What do you think are the three main joys in Allende's life? Cite examples to support your answers. Explain how Allende grows from these experiences.
Essay Topic 2
PAULA, although biographical, is a classic story of coming to terms with loss. What does that classification entail? Why does this book fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Allende's independent attitude and controversial choices in relation to the burgeoning Women's Rights movement in the 1960s and 1970s. Cite some examples that indicate that Allende embraced the new attitudes and roles for women. In what ways does Allende fit both the typical and atypical roles of Latin women?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)