|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the third book Allende writes during this period?
2. Doctors determine that Paula's ________________ needs to be tested.
3. Which birthday is Allende celebrating in this section?
4. Where did Allende flee with her children when their lives were threatened in Chile?
5. Who accompanies Allende and Paula on the plane trip to San Francisco?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Allende's work is sometimes categorized as magic realism. Explain what that means to you and why it is a common categorization for Latin writers especially. Cite an example that supports this classification of Allende's writing.
Essay Topic 2
Allende is a creative woman who lives an unconventional life. Do you think Allende could indulge her idiosyncrasies because her family's lifestyle allowed it? Or would Allende have found some outlet for her quirkiness regardless of her station in life? How much is financial status an issue in living the life that one pleases as opposed to the life one is obligated to live?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the role of Tio Ramon in Allende's life. What was his impact on her life? What was the evolution of their relationship? Cite some examples to support your answers.
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)