|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the military coups in Chile, what was reported about Salvador Allende?
2. Where does Michael secure work on a project?
3. What decision does Allende make about Paula after the results of her brain scans?
4. What does Allende sense at night?
5. In what country in Europe did Allende, Michael and Paula live?
Essay Topic 1
Allende's story has some very important themes that run throughout the book. Cite at least three themes with examples to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the irony of Allende's daughter-in-law giving birth to her first child in the room where Paula will be brought to live out the balance of her life. Explain why this is an example of the circle of life and why Allende is particularly in tune with elements of nature and spirit.
Essay Topic 3
What was the nature of the military takeover in Chile in the 1970s? Explain the political climate as well as the impact of the military coups on average citizens like Allende and her family. What is Allende's view on this time period in her life?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)