|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Allende's second career venture?
2. What illness do Michael, Paula and Nicolas all have?
3. Allende meets a _____________ who becomes her lover.
4. Where does Allende's mother go for a retreat?
5. What helps to alleviate some of the pain Allende feels over Paula's condition?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the nature of the military takeover in Chile in the 1970s? Explain the political climate as well as the impact of the military coups on average citizens like Allende and her family. What is Allende's view on this time period in her life?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the role of family in Allende's life. Explain why family seems to be especially important to Latin people and cultures. Cite three examples in the book that support this position.
Essay Topic 3
What do you think are the three main sorrows in Allende's life? Cite examples to support your answers. Explain how Allende grows from these experiences.
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)