|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was not abolished by the new government in Chile?
2. Where does Allende teach when she moves to San Francisco?
3. Which of the following does not exist in Allende's home?
4. What document did Allende send to Willie?
5. Allende's mother and stepfather return to Chile from living in what country?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the nature of the military takeover in Chile in the 1970s? Explain the political climate as well as the impact of the military coups on average citizens like Allende and her family. What is Allende's view on this time period in her life?
Essay Topic 2
Allende's story has some very important themes that run throughout the book. Cite at least three themes with examples to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Describe some of the settings for the novel. Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events.
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)