|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ernesto has a dream where Paula appears and asks him to ________________.
2. What does Allende dream of ?
3. Where did Allende flee with her children when their lives were threatened in Chile?
4. Some of Paula's caretakers refer to her as being ________________.
5. Paula's first crush was on ________________ from Sicily.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the role of Tio Ramon in Allende's life. What was his impact on her life? What was the evolution of their relationship? Cite some examples to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the irony of Allende's mother leaving her first husband because of scandal yet never marrying Tio Ramon with whom she lived as husband and wife. Why did she make these decisions and why is it a situation of irony? Can you cite any other examples of irony in Allende's story?
Essay Topic 3
The relationship of mothers and daughters is of obvious importance to Allende. Briefly describe the relationship between Paula and her mother. What lessons did her mother impart to her that become invaluable in her own relationship with her daughter, Paula? Explain.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)