|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What brought a new life to Allende and her family?
2. What lifestyle does Allende adopt when the family returns to Chile?
3. Some of Paula's caretakers refer to her as being ________________.
4. What does Allende sense at night?
5. What helps to alleviate some of the pain Allende feels over Paula's condition?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the nature of Meme's spirituality? How did it exhibit? Do you think it was authentic? Or was it the vivid imagination of a gifted storyteller? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the role of Tio Ramon in Allende's life. What was his impact on her life? What was the evolution of their relationship? Cite some examples to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the irony of Allende's mother leaving her first husband because of scandal yet never marrying Tio Ramon with whom she lived as husband and wife. Why did she make these decisions and why is it a situation of irony? Can you cite any other examples of irony in Allende's story?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)