Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what vehicle did Allende, Michael and Paula travel around Europe?
2. Who dies when Allende is very young?
3. In what city do Allende, her mother and brothers live with Tio Ramon while he works at the Chilean embassy?
4. In what country in Europe did Allende, Michael and Paula live?
5. What was not hidden in Tio Ramon's wardrobe?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the format of the book.
2. What was the nature of Allende's affair with a married man in Caracas?
3. How did Tio Ramon come to be a father figure for Allende?
4. What happens to Allende's family after the death of Meme?
5. What does Allende reveal about her love for nature and how she first came to realize it?
6. What are the circumstances that bring Allende back in contact with her father and his side of the family?
7. What other relatives come to the hospital to visit Paula?
8. Describe Allende's son, Nicolas, during his teenage years in Caracas.
9. How did Allende use art as a form of expression as a young girl?
10. How does Paula die?
Allende's story has some very important themes that run throughout the book. Cite at least three themes with examples to support your answers.
Allende has an obvious respect and affection for Pablo Neruda. Who is Neruda? What was his influence on Allende's writing? What was his influence on the world, especially Latin nations?
What was the nature of Meme's spirituality? How did it exhibit? Do you think it was authentic? Or was it the vivid imagination of a gifted storyteller? Explain.
This section contains 1,149 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)