|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of Allende's brothers was a great scholar?
2. What was not hidden in Tio Ramon's wardrobe?
(c) Racy magazines
3. Who did Allende pledge to never use as a fictional character in anything she writes?
(c) Her mother
4. What does Allende do after Paula has been in the hospital for 100 days?
(a) Pulls life support systems
(b) Sends her mother back to Chile
(c) Moves to Madrid
(d) Goes back to San Francisco
5. Allende believes she has received a premonition about _____________________.
(a) Her mother's marriage
(b) Her next book
(c) Paula's death
(d) Tata's death
6. Which of the following people does not come to the hospital from South America?
(a) Paula's father
(b) Allende's mother
(c) Allende's husband
(d) Ernesto's father
7. Who is Paula?
(a) Allende's mother
(b) Allende's daughter
(c) Allende's sister
(d) Allende's granddaughter
8. What is the name of Allende's husband and Paula's father?
9. What does Allende feel bad about her inability to do?
(a) Finish her new book
(b) Put Paula in God's hands
(d) Stay at the hospital
10. Who is Willie?
(a) Allende's accountant
(b) Allende's editor
(c) Allende's husband
(d) Allende's driver
11. What does Allende try to force Paula's doctors to do?
(a) Wean Paula off oxygen
(b) Give Paula a blood transfusion
(c) Send Paula home
(d) Turn off Paula's life support
12. Why does Allende decide to write down her history and stories?
(a) To create a new book
(b) To help Paula reorient herself when she recovers
(c) To teach a writing class
(d) To give to the historical society
13. Where did Allende learn to speak English?
(a) A school for British girls
(b) From Tio Ramon
(c) From her mother
(d) Listening to the radio
14. Who dies when Allende is very young?
(a) Her mother
(c) Her father
15. Isabel Allende is a native of what country?
(a) Puerto Rico
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has been Allende's constant companion while in Madrid?
2. Who falls in love with Allende's mother after the scandals?
3. What position had Allende's father held in Peru?
4. What is Ernesto's profession?
5. What happens when Allende's father is involved in scandals in Peru?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)