|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country was Allende visiting when she was notified about her daughter?
2. Where did Allende learn to speak English?
(a) From Tio Ramon
(b) From her mother
(c) Listening to the radio
(d) A school for British girls
3. What nationality was Michael?
4. How many years was Ernesto's father in exile in South America?
5. Paula is eventually moved from intensive care to ___________________.
(a) A six-bed ward
(c) Halfway house
6. What does Pablo give to Allende to help her read?
(a) Weekly Reader
(b) Library card
(d) Flash cards
7. What happened to the marriage between Allende's parents?
(a) They divorced
(b) They remained married
(c) It was annulled
(d) They remained legally separated
8. Who seems more fatalistic about Paula's possible death?
9. Who dies when Allende is very young?
(a) Her father
(b) Her mother
10. Who was actually the policeman that Tio Ramon brought to the house to scare the children after they took chocolates?
(a) An embassy driver
(b) The owner of a cigar store
(c) Tio's secretary
(d) Tio's golf partner
11. Who lures Allende into the woods for inappropriate reasons?
(a) A local fisherman
(b) A cab driver
(c) A traveling salesman
(d) A policeman
12. Allende believes she has received a premonition about _____________________.
(a) Tata's death
(b) Her next book
(c) Her mother's marriage
(d) Paula's death
13. What were Paula's last words to Allende before slipping into a coma?
(a) I'm scared
(b) Take care of Ernesto
(c) Pray for me
(d) I love you
14. What is the title of Allende's most recent book at the time?
(a) Infinity Never Ends
(b) The Infinite Plan
(c) To Infinity and Beyond
(d) The Ultimate Plan
15. What was the initial report about Allende's daughter?
(a) She had the flu
(b) She had a heart attack
(c) She had a stroke
(d) She had avian flue
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Allende remember getting for Christmas one year?
2. How old is Allende when she returns to Tata's house from Lebanon?
3. Which of the following does Ernesto not do during Paula's illness?
4. Who falls in love with Allende's mother after the scandals?
5. What happens when Allende's father is involved in scandals in Peru?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)