|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Allende do after Paula has been in the hospital for 100 days?
(a) Goes back to San Francisco
(b) Moves to Madrid
(c) Pulls life support systems
(d) Sends her mother back to Chile
2. Who falls in love with Allende's mother after the scandals?
(a) Pedro Garcia
(b) Juan Valdez
(c) Jimmy Vasquez
(d) Tio Ramon
3. Why was Allende expelled from school?
(a) Starting fights
(c) Rebellion against conformity
4. Who is Paula?
(a) Allende's mother
(b) Allende's sister
(c) Allende's granddaughter
(d) Allende's daughter
5. Which one of Allende's brothers was a great scholar?
6. Who is Meme?
(a) Allende's daughter
(b) Allende's aunt
(c) Allende's grandmother
(d) Allende's poodle
7. What happens when Allende's father is involved in scandals in Peru?
(a) He is jailed
(b) The family must return to Chile
(c) He is exiled
(d) He is put on trial
8. What does Allende's mother give her to express herself?
(a) Drama lessons
(b) A diary
(c) A piano
(d) Dance lessons
9. Where does Allende's mother work to support her children?
(a) A hair salon
(b) An insurance office
(c) A restaurant
(d) A bank
10. Why did Allende feel guilty about Paula's disease?
(a) For making fun of her symptoms
(b) For not noticing it earlier
(c) For passing on the tendency to get it
(d) For ignoring Paula's pleas for help
11. Where was Allende's home at the time?
(a) New York
(c) San Francisco
12. How was Allende informed that her daughter was ill?
(a) Text message
(c) Phone call
13. What was Michael's occupation when they married?
(d) College student
14. Who was Tata?
(a) Allende's poodle
(b) Allende's grandfather
(c) Allende's gardener
(d) Allende's chauffeur
15. What does Allende feel bad about her inability to do?
(b) Finish her new book
(c) Put Paula in God's hands
(d) Stay at the hospital
Short Answer Questions
1. Where would Tata take Allende and her brothers sometimes?
2. Allende tells Paula that Paula was Tata's _______________________.
3. Allende states that her mother's side of the family was __________________.
4. Who is Ernesto?
5. How old was Allende's mother when she had Allende?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)