|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following people does not come to the hospital from South America?
(a) Allende's husband
(b) Ernesto's father
(c) Allende's mother
(d) Paula's father
2. How was Allende informed that her daughter was ill?
(b) Text message
(c) Phone call
3. Who is Paula?
(a) Allende's granddaughter
(b) Allende's daughter
(c) Allende's mother
(d) Allende's sister
4. What does Allende's mother give her to express herself?
(a) Dance lessons
(b) Drama lessons
(c) A piano
(d) A diary
5. Allende tells Paula that Paula was Tata's _______________________.
(a) Favorite great grandchild
(b) Favorite game partner
(c) Favorite singer
(d) Reason for living
6. Why did Allende feel guilty about Paula's disease?
(a) For not noticing it earlier
(b) For passing on the tendency to get it
(c) For ignoring Paula's pleas for help
(d) For making fun of her symptoms
7. What was Allende doing when notified about her daughter?
(a) She was at a museum
(b) She was on a book tour
(c) She was taking skiing lessons
(d) She was making dinner
8. Where did Allende learn to speak English?
(a) Listening to the radio
(b) From her mother
(c) A school for British girls
(d) From Tio Ramon
9. Allende states that the only certainty of her life was _____________________.
(a) Her books
(b) Her husband
(d) The hospital
10. Where would Tata take Allende and her brothers sometimes?
(a) Tractor pulls
(b) Wrestling matches
(c) County fair
(d) The circus
11. How many years are Paula and Ernesto married when Paula gets sick?
(a) Just past seven
(b) Almost five
(c) Not quite one
(d) Nearly two
12. In what city do Allende, her mother and brothers live with Tio Ramon while he works at the Chilean embassy?
(b) Rio de Janeiro
(d) La Paz
13. Where does Allende's mother work to support her children?
(a) A restaurant
(b) An insurance office
(c) A bank
(d) A hair salon
14. To what city do Allende and her family return after the scandals in Peru?
(c) Rio de Janeiro
15. What does Tata believe that Allende is lacking?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tio Ramon do for Allende's mother and brothers?
2. About whom does Allende have a frightening dream?
3. What disease was Paula diagnosed with?
4. What does Allende feel bad about her inability to do?
5. Who dies when Allende is very young?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)