|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Allende work in her first job after graduating high school?
(a) The Smithsonian
(b) The United Nations
(c) The CIA
(d) A dress shop
2. Allende tells Paula that Paula was Tata's _______________________.
(a) Favorite great grandchild
(b) Favorite singer
(c) Favorite game partner
(d) Reason for living
3. Which of the following does Ernesto not do during Paula's illness?
(a) Brings flowers
(b) Visits every day
(c) Leaves items under her pillow
(d) Makes tape recorded messages
4. What does Allende try to force Paula's doctors to do?
(a) Send Paula home
(b) Give Paula a blood transfusion
(c) Turn off Paula's life support
(d) Wean Paula off oxygen
5. In what business did Tata and his sons work?
6. What was Pablo's passion?
7. Why was Allende expelled from school?
(b) Starting fights
(c) Rebellion against conformity
8. What happens when Allende's father is involved in scandals in Peru?
(a) He is put on trial
(b) He is jailed
(c) He is exiled
(d) The family must return to Chile
9. How often is Allende allowed to see her daughter?
(a) Once a day
(b) There are no restrictions
(c) Twice a day
(d) Every hour
10. What is Ernesto's profession?
11. Where did Allende's family live?
(a) A rental home
(b) A beach house
(c) An extended stay hotel
(d) A large bedroom in Tata's house
12. Allende bases a character in which of her books on her grandmother?
(a) Daughter of Fortune
(b) The Infinite Plan
(d) The House of Spirits
13. Paula is eventually moved from intensive care to ___________________.
(c) A six-bed ward
(d) Halfway house
14. What happened to the marriage between Allende's parents?
(a) They remained married
(b) They remained legally separated
(c) They divorced
(d) It was annulled
15. What did Allende's mother do to make some extra money?
(a) Made hats
(b) Took care of children
(c) Freelance writing
(d) Catered parties
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Allende think is the most beautiful part of Chile?
2. What is the name of Allende's husband and Paula's father?
3. What is important to know about Paula at this time?
4. What book did Allende read on the sly when her parents were out?
5. What is the title of Allende's most recent book at the time?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)