Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Allende tells Paula that Paula was Tata's _______________________.
(a) Reason for living
(b) Favorite singer
(c) Favorite game partner
(d) Favorite great grandchild
2. Why does Allende decide to write down her history and stories?
(a) To create a new book
(b) To help Paula reorient herself when she recovers
(c) To teach a writing class
(d) To give to the historical society
3. What gift does Allende remember getting for Christmas one year?
(a) Surf board
(b) A doll
(c) Roller skates
(d) Paints and brushes
4. What was Michael's occupation when they married?
(b) College student
5. What does Allende's mother give her to express herself?
(a) A diary
(b) A piano
(c) Drama lessons
(d) Dance lessons
6. Where did Allende learn to speak English?
(a) From her mother
(b) From Tio Ramon
(c) Listening to the radio
(d) A school for British girls
7. In what business did Tata and his sons work?
8. Who is Ernesto?
(a) Allende's husband
(b) Paula's stepson
(c) Paula's husband
(d) Paula's son
9. What does Tata believe that Allende is lacking?
10. Where does Ernesto's father return to?
(a) The Amazon
11. What does Allende try to force Paula's doctors to do?
(a) Wean Paula off oxygen
(b) Send Paula home
(c) Turn off Paula's life support
(d) Give Paula a blood transfusion
12. Where would Tata take Allende and her brothers sometimes?
(a) Wrestling matches
(b) The circus
(c) Tractor pulls
(d) County fair
13. What was the basis for Allende's writing as a child?
(a) Gift for gab
(c) Outgoing personality
(d) Vivid imagination
14. What was Allende doing when notified about her daughter?
(a) She was taking skiing lessons
(b) She was on a book tour
(c) She was making dinner
(d) She was at a museum
15. Which of the following people does not come to the hospital from South America?
(a) Paula's father
(b) Ernesto's father
(c) Allende's husband
(d) Allende's mother
Short Answer Questions
1. Allende's daughter is in a hospital in what city?
2. What does Pablo give to Allende to help her read?
3. Who seems more fatalistic about Paula's possible death?
4. What does Allende do after Paula has been in the hospital for 100 days?
5. What had Allende recently completed?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)