Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what vehicle did Allende, Michael and Paula travel around Europe?
(a) Volkswagen camper
(c) Airstream trailer
2. Who dies when Allende is very young?
(a) Her mother
(d) Her father
3. In what city do Allende, her mother and brothers live with Tio Ramon while he works at the Chilean embassy?
(b) La Paz
(c) Rio de Janeiro
4. In what country in Europe did Allende, Michael and Paula live?
5. What was not hidden in Tio Ramon's wardrobe?
(b) Racy magazines
6. What did the family put in front of the windows while living in Beirut?
(b) Room darkening shades
(c) Potted plants
7. Where would Tata take Allende and her brothers sometimes?
(a) The circus
(b) County fair
(c) Wrestling matches
(d) Tractor pulls
8. Allende states that the only certainty of her life was _____________________.
(a) Her husband
(c) The hospital
(d) Her books
9. Paula is eventually moved from intensive care to ___________________.
(b) Halfway house
(d) A six-bed ward
10. Allende bases a character in which of her books on her grandmother?
(a) The House of Spirits
(b) Daughter of Fortune
(c) The Infinite Plan
11. How many years was Ernesto's father in exile in South America?
12. What does Allende's mother give her to express herself?
(a) Drama lessons
(b) Dance lessons
(c) A diary
(d) A piano
13. What did Paula do prior to her illness?
(a) Taught music theory
(b) Taught art history at a university
(c) Volunteered at the art institute
(d) Volunteered as a school psychologist
14. What disease was Paula diagnosed with?
15. Why does Allende decide to write down her history and stories?
(a) To create a new book
(b) To give to the historical society
(c) To help Paula reorient herself when she recovers
(d) To teach a writing class
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Allende doing when notified about her daughter?
2. What lifestyle does Allende adopt when the family returns to Chile?
3. Whose body is Allende called to identify at the morgue?
4. What book did Allende read on the sly when her parents were out?
5. In what country was Allende visiting when she was notified about her daughter?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)