|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of Allende's brothers ran away as a teenager and never returned?
2. Allende states that her mother's side of the family was __________________.
3. How old is Allende when she returns to Tata's house from Lebanon?
4. Who was actually the policeman that Tio Ramon brought to the house to scare the children after they took chocolates?
(a) The owner of a cigar store
(b) Tio's secretary
(c) Tio's golf partner
(d) An embassy driver
5. How many years are Paula and Ernesto married when Paula gets sick?
(a) Almost five
(b) Just past seven
(c) Nearly two
(d) Not quite one
6. What did the family put in front of the windows while living in Beirut?
(b) Room darkening shades
(c) Potted plants
7. Which of the following does Ernesto not do during Paula's illness?
(a) Makes tape recorded messages
(b) Brings flowers
(c) Leaves items under her pillow
(d) Visits every day
8. What is Ernesto's profession?
9. Where would Tata take Allende and her brothers sometimes?
(a) The circus
(b) Wrestling matches
(c) County fair
(d) Tractor pulls
10. Allende bases a character in which of her books on her grandmother?
(a) Daughter of Fortune
(b) The Infinite Plan
(c) The House of Spirits
11. Where did Allende paint murals?
(a) On her bedroom walls
(b) At her school
(c) At a cafe
(d) At a social club
12. What does Tata believe that Allende is lacking?
13. Which of the following people does not come to the hospital from South America?
(a) Allende's mother
(b) Ernesto's father
(c) Allende's husband
(d) Paula's father
14. Who is Pablo?
(a) Allende's father
(b) Allende's uncle
(c) Allende's brother
(d) Allende's boyfriend
15. Isabel Allende is a native of what country?
(a) Puerto Rico
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Pablo's passion?
2. Who is Tomas?
3. Who was Tata?
4. Who seems more fatalistic about Paula's possible death?
5. Paula is eventually moved from intensive care to ___________________.
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)