|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Ernesto not do during Paula's illness?
(a) Visits every day
(b) Makes tape recorded messages
(c) Brings flowers
(d) Leaves items under her pillow
2. What did Allende's mother do to make some extra money?
(a) Freelance writing
(b) Catered parties
(c) Took care of children
(d) Made hats
3. How was Allende informed that her daughter was ill?
(c) Text message
(d) Phone call
4. About whom does Allende have a frightening dream?
5. Where is Paula located when Allende visits her?
(a) A flat in London
(b) A movie studio in Los Angeles
(c) A hospital in Spain
(d) An apartment in Paris
6. What is the name of Allende's husband and Paula's father?
7. Who did Allende pledge to never use as a fictional character in anything she writes?
(d) Her mother
8. Which one of Allende's brothers was a great scholar?
9. Where does Allende work in her first job after graduating high school?
(a) The CIA
(b) The United Nations
(c) The Smithsonian
(d) A dress shop
10. Paula is eventually moved from intensive care to ___________________.
(a) Halfway house
(d) A six-bed ward
11. Which of the following did Tata not do after the death of Meme?
(a) Let the songbirds loose
(c) Paint all the furniture black
(d) Forbade music in the house
12. How old is Allende when she returns to Tata's house from Lebanon?
13. Where would Tata take Allende and her brothers sometimes?
(a) Tractor pulls
(b) The circus
(c) Wrestling matches
(d) County fair
14. How old was Allende's mother when she had Allende?
15. Where did Allende's family live?
(a) A beach house
(b) A rental home
(c) A large bedroom in Tata's house
(d) An extended stay hotel
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Allende see her father again?
2. What is important to know about Paula at this time?
3. Which of the following people does not come to the hospital from South America?
4. Which one of Allende's brothers ran away as a teenager and never returned?
5. What was not hidden in Tio Ramon's wardrobe?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)