|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Allende wish for more than anything at this point?
(a) For Paula to reawaken
(b) For Willie to return
(c) For Pancho to return
(d) For Ernesto to get on with his life
2. Where did Allende learn to speak English?
(a) Listening to the radio
(b) From Tio Ramon
(c) From her mother
(d) A school for British girls
3. The author flashes back to what time in this section?
(a) When she graduated college
(b) When her mother and brothers returned to Santiago
(c) When she got married
(d) When Paula was born
4. Who falls in love with Allende's mother after the scandals?
(a) Jimmy Vasquez
(b) Juan Valdez
(c) Pedro Garcia
(d) Tio Ramon
5. What did Paula do prior to her illness?
(a) Taught art history at a university
(b) Taught music theory
(c) Volunteered at the art institute
(d) Volunteered as a school psychologist
6. How many years are Paula and Ernesto married when Paula gets sick?
(a) Just past seven
(b) Not quite one
(c) Almost five
(d) Nearly two
7. Who was Tata?
(a) Allende's chauffeur
(b) Allende's poodle
(c) Allende's grandfather
(d) Allende's gardener
8. Who did Allende pledge to never use as a fictional character in anything she writes?
(a) Her mother
9. Which of the following did Tata not do after the death of Meme?
(a) Let the songbirds loose
(b) Paint all the furniture black
(d) Forbade music in the house
10. What does Allende think is the most beautiful part of Chile?
(a) The mountains
(b) The valleys
(c) The night skies
(d) The cities
11. Why was Allende expelled from school?
(a) Rebellion against conformity
(c) Starting fights
12. What happened to the marriage between Allende's parents?
(a) They divorced
(b) It was annulled
(c) They remained legally separated
(d) They remained married
13. To what city do Allende and her family return after the scandals in Peru?
(b) Rio de Janeiro
14. What does Pablo give to Allende to help her read?
(a) Flash cards
(c) Weekly Reader
(d) Library card
15. How often is Allende allowed to see her daughter?
(a) There are no restrictions
(b) Once a day
(c) Every hour
(d) Twice a day
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Allende's mother work to support her children?
2. Which of the following does Ernesto not do during Paula's illness?
3. With whom does Allende and her family live with after their return home?
4. What book did Allende read on the sly when her parents were out?
5. What nationality was Michael?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)