|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Allende believe her task is at this point?
(a) To distract death so it cannot find Paula
(b) To find better doctors
(c) To pray the rosary
(d) To remain calm
2. Which of the following does Ernesto not do during Paula's illness?
(a) Leaves items under her pillow
(b) Brings flowers
(c) Visits every day
(d) Makes tape recorded messages
3. What is Ernesto's profession?
4. What is the title of Allende's most recent book at the time?
(a) To Infinity and Beyond
(b) Infinity Never Ends
(c) The Ultimate Plan
(d) The Infinite Plan
5. What disease was Paula diagnosed with?
6. How old was Allende's mother when she had Allende?
7. What position had Allende's father held in Peru?
(b) Secretary to the Chilean embassy
(c) Ambassador to the Chilean embassy
8. What does Pablo give to Allende to help her read?
(a) Weekly Reader
(b) Library card
(d) Flash cards
9. Where does Ernesto's father return to?
(d) The Amazon
10. Allende believes she has received a premonition about _____________________.
(a) Tata's death
(b) Her mother's marriage
(c) Her next book
(d) Paula's death
11. Where did Allende paint murals?
(a) On her bedroom walls
(b) At a cafe
(c) At a social club
(d) At her school
12. What were Paula's last words to Allende before slipping into a coma?
(a) I love you
(b) I'm scared
(c) Pray for me
(d) Take care of Ernesto
13. What is important to know about Paula at this time?
(a) She has just married
(b) She is critically ill
(c) She has just graduated
(d) She is starting a business
14. Who was actually the policeman that Tio Ramon brought to the house to scare the children after they took chocolates?
(a) Tio's golf partner
(b) Tio's secretary
(c) The owner of a cigar store
(d) An embassy driver
15. What does Tata believe that Allende is lacking?
Short Answer Questions
1. Allende states that the only certainty of her life was _____________________.
2. Who is Tomas?
3. What is the name of Allende's husband and Paula's father?
4. About whom does Allende have a frightening dream?
5. What does Allende's mother give her to express herself?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)