|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did Tata not do after the death of Meme?
(b) Let the songbirds loose
(c) Forbade music in the house
(d) Paint all the furniture black
2. Who did Allende pledge to never use as a fictional character in anything she writes?
(a) Her mother
3. Where did Allende paint murals?
(a) At her school
(b) On her bedroom walls
(c) At a social club
(d) At a cafe
4. What happened to the marriage between Allende's parents?
(a) They divorced
(b) They remained married
(c) It was annulled
(d) They remained legally separated
5. What does Allende think is the most beautiful part of Chile?
(a) The night skies
(b) The mountains
(c) The cities
(d) The valleys
6. Who is Ernesto?
(a) Paula's stepson
(b) Allende's husband
(c) Paula's husband
(d) Paula's son
7. Who seems more fatalistic about Paula's possible death?
8. Why did Allende feel guilty about Paula's disease?
(a) For not noticing it earlier
(b) For making fun of her symptoms
(c) For ignoring Paula's pleas for help
(d) For passing on the tendency to get it
9. Allende states that her mother's side of the family was __________________.
10. What did the family put in front of the windows while living in Beirut?
(a) Room darkening shades
(b) Potted plants
11. Which one of Allende's brothers ran away as a teenager and never returned?
12. Who is Willie?
(a) Allende's driver
(b) Allende's husband
(c) Allende's accountant
(d) Allende's editor
13. Who has been Allende's constant companion while in Madrid?
(d) Her mother
14. Where did Allende's family live?
(a) A beach house
(b) A large bedroom in Tata's house
(c) A rental home
(d) An extended stay hotel
15. Who was Tata?
(a) Allende's chauffeur
(b) Allende's poodle
(c) Allende's grandfather
(d) Allende's gardener
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Allende remember getting for Christmas one year?
2. In what country was Allende visiting when she was notified about her daughter?
3. Where would Tata take Allende and her brothers sometimes?
4. What were Paula's last words to Allende before slipping into a coma?
5. What was Allende doing when notified about her daughter?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)