|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Pages 23 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Allende wished that she was _________________.
(a) A boy
(d) A scholar
2. The author flashes back to what time in this section?
(a) When Paula was born
(b) When her mother and brothers returned to Santiago
(c) When she graduated college
(d) When she got married
3. What is important to know about Paula at this time?
(a) She is critically ill
(b) She has just married
(c) She has just graduated
(d) She is starting a business
4. What was Allende doing when notified about her daughter?
(a) She was taking skiing lessons
(b) She was making dinner
(c) She was at a museum
(d) She was on a book tour
5. Allende states that the only certainty of her life was _____________________.
(a) The hospital
(b) Her books
(c) Her husband
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Paula's last words to Allende before slipping into a coma?
2. Who is Tio Ramon?
3. What does Allende think is the most beautiful part of Chile?
4. Which of the following people does not come to the hospital from South America?
5. Which one of Allende's brothers was a great scholar?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)