|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Pages 49 - 71.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Pablo?
(a) Allende's boyfriend
(b) Allende's brother
(c) Allende's uncle
(d) Allende's father
2. Why did Allende feel guilty about Paula's disease?
(a) For not noticing it earlier
(b) For passing on the tendency to get it
(c) For making fun of her symptoms
(d) For ignoring Paula's pleas for help
3. The author flashes back to what time in this section?
(a) When her mother and brothers returned to Santiago
(b) When she got married
(c) When she graduated college
(d) When Paula was born
4. Which of the following does Ernesto not do during Paula's illness?
(a) Makes tape recorded messages
(b) Visits every day
(c) Brings flowers
(d) Leaves items under her pillow
5. The book is written as if it were _______________.
(a) A novel
(b) A diary
(c) A biography
(d) An autobiography
Short Answer Questions
1. What was not hidden in Tio Ramon's wardrobe?
2. Who was actually the policeman that Tio Ramon brought to the house to scare the children after they took chocolates?
3. Isabel Allende is a native of what country?
4. What had Allende recently completed?
5. How was Allende informed that her daughter was ill?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)