|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Clyde's job at Patty Jane's business?
2. Who begins to join Patty Jane on her walks in Chapter 13?
3. Why does Patty Jane decide to go to school in Chapter 12?
(a) She wants an excuse to get out of the house.
(b) She wins some scholarship money.
(c) She wants to meet new people.
(d) She is not qualified for any good jobs.
4. How does Patty Jane feel about seeing Thor in Chapter 22?
5. What does Ione send to the people at House of Curl while she is on vacation?
(a) Newspaper clippings.
(c) Souvenir pens.
6. Where does Harriet go after the experience on the bus in Chapter 14?
(a) To a bar.
(b) To Ione's house.
(c) To a police station.
(d) To see a therapist.
7. How do Harriet's work habits change in Chapter 15?
(a) She leaves work minutes after arriving.
(b) She only shows up for weekend shifts.
(c) She begins to work long hours.
(d) She takes on a second job.
8. How does the relationship between Patty Jane and Clyde change in Chapter 16?
(a) They become business partners.
(b) They become engaged.
(c) They finally decide just to be friends.
(d) They begin a sexual affair.
9. What kind of trip does Ione go on in Chapter 25?
(a) A cross country trip in an RV.
(b) A cruise to Alaska.
(c) A trip for a family reunion in Norway.
(d) A summer holiday in Europe.
10. How much money did Reese leave for Harriet?
(a) Three dollars.
(b) Twenty dollars.
(c) Five dollars.
(d) Ten dollars.
11. What is Harriet sick with?
(a) Lung cancer.
(c) Liver disease.
(d) A brain tumor.
12. What does Harriet realize when she notices the date on the newspaper in Chapter 17?
(a) She has been unconscious for three days.
(b) She missed Patty Jane's birthday.
(c) The date should have been her fourteenth wedding anniversary.
(d) The date is the anniversary of Thor's disappearance.
13. How does Ione feel about seeing her son in Chapter 22?
14. What is Patty Jane unable to understand about Clyde's sculptures?
(a) Why he spends so much time on them.
(b) Why people pay so much for them.
(c) What they mean.
(d) How he makes them.
15. Who does Patty Jane turn to for comfort in Chapter 16?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Merry get into an argument with in Chapter 21?
2. Who is Merry?
3. What is Reese's job?
4. Who does Patty Jane think of on Thanksgiving?
5. What is Thor building in Chapter 22?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)