|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Patty Jane attend with Clyde in Chapter 18?
(a) An auction.
(b) A legal trial.
(c) A concert.
(d) An art show.
2. Who presents the first lecture at Patty Jane's business?
(a) An author.
(b) A nutritionist.
(c) A politician.
(d) A filmmaker.
3. Where does Reese invite Harriet to in Chapter 18?
(a) To a church.
(b) To a movie.
(c) For a picnic.
(d) To an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting.
4. What do Patty Jane and Ione think Harriet has done in Chapter 11?
(a) Started drinking to forget her worries.
(b) Tried to commit suicide.
(c) Taken drugs.
(d) Contracted an illness while at the hospital.
5. What does Nora wonder about her mother and Clyde in Chapter 17?
(a) Why they are so angry with each other.
(b) If they will marry.
(c) Whether they have been lying to her.
(d) If they can work together as business partners.
6. What is Harriet sick with?
(a) Liver disease.
(c) Lung cancer.
(d) A brain tumor.
7. What does Ione find when she returns in Chapter 25?
(a) The house is empty.
(b) The House of Curl is up for sale.
(c) The police are at the house.
(d) The house is quarantined.
8. How do Patty Jane and Clyde find themselves rolling in the snow in Chapter 13?
(a) They fall while walking across a field.
(b) They slide down some icy steps.
(c) The jump behind a snow bank to avoid being seen.
(d) They are playing with Nora.
9. How does Temple Curry react when Reese, Clyde, and Harriet arrive at her house in Chapter 22?
(a) She seems to be expecting them.
(b) She calls the police.
(c) She doesn't recognize them at all.
(d) She screams at them to go away.
10. Why do Harriet's work habits change in Chapter 15?
(a) She needs more money.
(b) She begins to drink a great deal.
(c) She feels too sick to go to work.
(d) She wants to spend her time with Reese.
11. Where does Harriet go after the experience on the bus in Chapter 14?
(a) To a bar.
(b) To a police station.
(c) To see a therapist.
(d) To Ione's house.
12. Where does Harriet sing her wedding song in Chapter 11?
(a) From her bed.
(b) At Avel's memorial service.
(c) At her bridal shower.
(d) At Avel's birthday party.
13. Where is Ione's gift to Harriet in Chapter 25 from?
(a) New York.
14. Why did Clyde decide to get a job?
(a) To get out of the house.
(b) To meet new people.
(c) To build up his resume.
(d) To pay his bills.
15. How does Harriet surprise Reese in Chapter 18?
(a) By showing up at the AA meeting.
(b) By showing up at the a movie.
(c) By showing up for the picnic.
(d) By showing up at the church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Merry?
2. Who does Patty Jane think of on Thanksgiving?
3. What is Reese's job?
4. Where is Harriet buying when she bumps into Reese in Chapter 18?
5. What is Patty Jane unable to understand about Clyde's sculptures?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)