|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Harriet surprise Reese in Chapter 18?
(a) By showing up at the AA meeting.
(b) By showing up at the a movie.
(c) By showing up at the church.
(d) By showing up for the picnic.
2. Who is the first to greet Ione in Chapter 25?
(a) Patty Jane.
3. What state is Harriet in when Patty Jane and Nora check on her in Chapter 25?
(a) Harriet is unconscious.
(b) Harriet is drunk.
(c) Harriet is coughing up blood.
(d) Harriet is vomiting.
4. Where does Harriet sing her wedding song in Chapter 11?
(a) At Avel's birthday party.
(b) At Avel's memorial service.
(c) From her bed.
(d) At her bridal shower.
5. What does the doctor tell Patty Jane and Ione about Thor in Chapter 23?
(a) He appears to be completely healthy.
(b) He should begin speech therapy treatments.
(c) He has permanently lost his faculties.
(d) He is suffering from amnesia.
6. Why do Harriet's work habits change in Chapter 15?
(a) She feels too sick to go to work.
(b) She wants to spend her time with Reese.
(c) She needs more money.
(d) She begins to drink a great deal.
7. Who does Harriet see in the bar with the crazy woman in Chapter 21?
(d) Avel's sister.
8. Where does Patty Jane see her husband's face in Chapter 11?
(a) Amongst a crowd of people.
(b) On a poster.
(c) On the side of a bus.
(d) On cereal boxes.
9. What type of party does Clyde throw in Chapter 24?
(a) A birthday party.
(b) A stag party.
(c) A Christmas party.
(d) A housewarming party.
10. What is Clyde's job at Patty Jane's business?
11. What does Thor tell Ione about in their native language in Chapter 25?
(a) That he wants to go back to living with Temple.
(b) Harriet's illness.
(c) That Patty Jane wants a divorce.
(d) Patty Jane's financial troubles.
12. How does Patty Jane feel about seeing Thor in Chapter 22?
13. How much money did Reese leave for Harriet?
(a) Five dollars.
(b) Three dollars.
(c) Twenty dollars.
(d) Ten dollars.
14. How does Nora react to her father's reappearance in Chapter 23?
(a) She begins to treat Patty Jane with more respect.
(b) She throws herself into caring for Thor.
(c) She denies that Thor is actually her father.
(d) She avoids Thor.
15. Why is the House of Curl so busy in Chapter 25?
(a) Because the shop was featured in the newspaper.
(b) Because of prom night.
(c) Because of a big wedding.
(d) Because of a discount offer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who begins to join Patty Jane on her walks in Chapter 13?
2. What does Ione find when she returns in Chapter 25?
3. Who does Merry get into an argument with in Chapter 21?
4. What does Harriet have a vague memory of upon waking up in a hotel room in Chapter 17?
5. What is the name of Patty Jane's new business?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)