|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Patty Jane decide on the topic of the lectures she will hold at her business?
(a) By opening an encyclopedia to a random page.
(b) She lets the customers decide the topics.
(c) She lets Nora decide.
(d) By seeing what is being talked about in the newspaper.
2. Why is Patty Jane unhappy with Harriet when she returns home in Chapter 14?
(a) Harriet is late for work.
(b) Harriet has forgotten to buy something for dinner.
(c) Harrier has lost Patty Jane's umbrella.
(d) Harriet is drunk.
3. What does Harriet do on Thanksgiving Day?
(a) Goes to Ione's house.
(b) Goes to the lake where Avel proposed.
(c) Spends it with a man who picked her up at a bar.
(d) Visits Avel's grave.
4. Where does Harriet go after the experience on the bus in Chapter 14?
(a) To a police station.
(b) To a bar.
(c) To see a therapist.
(d) To Ione's house.
5. How does Temple Curry react when Reese, Clyde, and Harriet arrive at her house in Chapter 22?
(a) She calls the police.
(b) She screams at them to go away.
(c) She doesn't recognize them at all.
(d) She seems to be expecting them.
6. Who does Merry get into an argument with in Chapter 21?
(a) Melinda Forrest.
(b) Loretta Smith.
(c) Patty Jane.
(d) Temple Curry.
7. What is Ione concerned about regarding Nora in Chapter 20?
(a) Whether Nora has inherited her father's recklessness.
(b) Where Nora has been sneaking off to after school.
(c) Why Nora's grades are dropping.
(d) Whether Nora should be living in a house with two couples.
8. Where does Harriet sing her wedding song in Chapter 11?
(a) At Avel's memorial service.
(b) At her bridal shower.
(c) From her bed.
(d) At Avel's birthday party.
9. What is Harriet sick with?
(b) Lung cancer.
(c) A brain tumor.
(d) Liver disease.
10. Who presents the first lecture at Patty Jane's business?
(a) A politician.
(b) An author.
(c) A filmmaker.
(d) A nutritionist.
11. What does Ione find when she returns in Chapter 25?
(a) The police are at the house.
(b) The house is empty.
(c) The House of Curl is up for sale.
(d) The house is quarantined.
12. What does Clyde tell Patty Jane cannot happen again in Chapter 13?
(a) Patty Jane forgetting to pick Nora up from school.
(b) Clyde getting married.
(c) A kiss.
(d) Arguing over money.
13. What is Clyde's last name?
14. How did the crazy woman lose her dentistry license?
(a) She was discovered never to have gone to dental school.
(b) She sold painkillers to patients.
(c) She purposely injured patients.
(d) She fell behind on her paperwork.
15. Who is the first to greet Ione in Chapter 25?
(a) Patty Jane.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Reese invite Harriet to in Chapter 18?
2. What does Harriet have a vague memory of upon waking up in a hotel room in Chapter 17?
3. Why did Clyde decide to get a job?
4. How do Harriet's work habits change in Chapter 15?
5. How much money did Reese leave for Harriet?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)