|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ione find when she returns in Chapter 25?
(a) The House of Curl is up for sale.
(b) The house is empty.
(c) The house is quarantined.
(d) The police are at the house.
2. Who does Patty Jane turn to for comfort in Chapter 16?
3. How does the relationship between Patty Jane and Clyde change in Chapter 16?
(a) They become engaged.
(b) They begin a sexual affair.
(c) They finally decide just to be friends.
(d) They become business partners.
4. Who does Patty Jane think of on Thanksgiving?
(b) Her parents.
5. In what condition does Patty Jane find Harriet upon returning home in Chapter 11?
(a) Sick with the flu.
(d) Unconscious and bleeding.
6. How much money did Reese leave for Harriet?
(a) Three dollars.
(b) Ten dollars.
(c) Five dollars.
(d) Twenty dollars.
7. How is Temple Curry's house described?
(b) As small and cozy.
(d) Reeking of perfume.
8. Who does Harriet see in the bar with the crazy woman in Chapter 21?
(b) Avel's sister.
9. Where does Patty Jane see her husband's face in Chapter 11?
(a) On the side of a bus.
(b) On a poster.
(c) Amongst a crowd of people.
(d) On cereal boxes.
10. How does Ione feel about seeing her son in Chapter 22?
11. What does Harriet realize when she notices the date on the newspaper in Chapter 17?
(a) The date should have been her fourteenth wedding anniversary.
(b) The date is the anniversary of Thor's disappearance.
(c) She has been unconscious for three days.
(d) She missed Patty Jane's birthday.
12. Where is Ione's gift to Harriet in Chapter 25 from?
(c) New York.
13. How does Temple Curry react when Reese, Clyde, and Harriet arrive at her house in Chapter 22?
(a) She doesn't recognize them at all.
(b) She calls the police.
(c) She screams at them to go away.
(d) She seems to be expecting them.
14. Where does Harriet sing her wedding song in Chapter 11?
(a) At her bridal shower.
(b) At Avel's memorial service.
(c) At Avel's birthday party.
(d) From her bed.
15. Who does Harriet move in with in Chapter 16?
(b) Temple Curry.
(c) Her elderly aunt.
(d) A friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harriet have a vague memory of upon waking up in a hotel room in Chapter 17?
2. What does Clyde tell Patty Jane cannot happen again in Chapter 13?
3. What does Reese arrange for Harriet in Chapter 19?
4. According to Clyde, why would a relationship not work between him and Patty Jane?
5. What is Patty Jane unable to understand about Clyde's sculptures?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)