|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Harriet sick with?
(b) Lung cancer.
(c) A brain tumor.
(d) Liver disease.
2. What happens to Harriet while riding the bus in Chapter 14?
(a) She gets off at the wrong stop.
(b) She thinks she sees Avel.
(c) She has a panic attack.
(d) She falls and hits her head.
3. What does Reese arrange for Harriet in Chapter 19?
(a) A doctor's appointment.
(b) A library card.
(c) A bank loan.
(d) A visit with Patty Jane.
4. How does Nora's relationship with her mother change as she becomes a teenager?
(a) It becomes more formal.
(b) They become closer.
(c) It becomes more tense.
(d) They become more honest.
5. How does Patty Jane decide on the topic of the lectures she will hold at her business?
(a) By opening an encyclopedia to a random page.
(b) She lets Nora decide.
(c) She lets the customers decide the topics.
(d) By seeing what is being talked about in the newspaper.
6. Why is the House of Curl so busy in Chapter 25?
(a) Because of a big wedding.
(b) Because of prom night.
(c) Because of a discount offer.
(d) Because the shop was featured in the newspaper.
7. What is Reese's job?
(b) Dry cleaner.
(c) Police officer.
(d) Hotel manager.
8. Who does Merry get into an argument with in Chapter 21?
(a) Temple Curry.
(b) Melinda Forrest.
(c) Loretta Smith.
(d) Patty Jane.
9. What does Patty Jane attend with Clyde in Chapter 18?
(a) An auction.
(b) A concert.
(c) An art show.
(d) A legal trial.
10. Why did Clyde decide to get a job?
(a) To pay his bills.
(b) To meet new people.
(c) To get out of the house.
(d) To build up his resume.
11. Who presents the first lecture at Patty Jane's business?
(a) An author.
(b) A nutritionist.
(c) A politician.
(d) A filmmaker.
12. Why does Patty Jane urge Harriet to see a doctor in Chapter 25?
(a) Harriet has been vomiting.
(b) Harriet is having trouble hearing.
(c) Harriet has been feeling tired.
(d) Harriet hasn't been in a long time.
13. What is the name of Patty Jane's new business?
(a) Top in Town.
(b) House of Curl.
(c) Golden Scissors.
14. What do Harriet and Nora do as a surprise in Chapter 24?
(a) Prepare a slideshow.
(b) Do a dance.
(c) Play a trumpet duet.
(d) Jump out of a cake.
15. How does Patty Jane feel about seeing Thor in Chapter 22?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Harriet's work habits change in Chapter 15?
2. How does Harriet avoid living on the streets in Chapter 16?
3. Why does Patty Jane decide to go to school in Chapter 12?
4. What does Harriet do on Thanksgiving Day?
5. What kind of trip does Ione go on in Chapter 25?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)