|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Patty Jane attend with Clyde in Chapter 18?
(a) An auction.
(b) A concert.
(c) An art show.
(d) A legal trial.
2. How do Patty Jane and Clyde find themselves rolling in the snow in Chapter 13?
(a) They slide down some icy steps.
(b) They fall while walking across a field.
(c) The jump behind a snow bank to avoid being seen.
(d) They are playing with Nora.
3. What is Ione concerned about regarding Nora in Chapter 20?
(a) Whether Nora should be living in a house with two couples.
(b) Where Nora has been sneaking off to after school.
(c) Why Nora's grades are dropping.
(d) Whether Nora has inherited her father's recklessness.
4. What do Harriet and Nora do as a surprise in Chapter 24?
(a) Do a dance.
(b) Jump out of a cake.
(c) Play a trumpet duet.
(d) Prepare a slideshow.
5. How does Harriet surprise Reese in Chapter 18?
(a) By showing up at the a movie.
(b) By showing up for the picnic.
(c) By showing up at the AA meeting.
(d) By showing up at the church.
6. What is Harriet doing when a bus passes her in Chapter 18?
(a) Picking up litter.
(b) Going to the post office.
(c) Going through the garbage.
7. What does the doctor tell Patty Jane and Ione about Thor in Chapter 23?
(a) He appears to be completely healthy.
(b) He should begin speech therapy treatments.
(c) He is suffering from amnesia.
(d) He has permanently lost his faculties.
8. Where does Reese invite Harriet to in Chapter 18?
(a) To a movie.
(b) For a picnic.
(c) To a church.
(d) To an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting.
9. How much money did Reese leave for Harriet?
(a) Ten dollars.
(b) Three dollars.
(c) Five dollars.
(d) Twenty dollars.
10. What is Clyde's last name?
11. Where does Harriet go after the experience on the bus in Chapter 14?
(a) To a police station.
(b) To see a therapist.
(c) To Ione's house.
(d) To a bar.
12. What is Thor building in Chapter 22?
(b) Scale models of famous buildings.
(d) Model cars.
13. What is Harriet sick with?
(b) A brain tumor.
(c) Lung cancer.
(d) Liver disease.
14. What happens to Harriet while riding the bus in Chapter 14?
(a) She has a panic attack.
(b) She thinks she sees Avel.
(c) She gets off at the wrong stop.
(d) She falls and hits her head.
15. Who is Merry?
(a) One of Patty Jane's customers.
(b) Nora's friend.
(c) Clyde's mother.
(d) Ione's sister-in-law.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Patty Jane decide on the topic of the lectures she will hold at her business?
2. What does Harriet have a vague memory of upon waking up in a hotel room in Chapter 17?
3. What does Clyde tell Patty Jane cannot happen again in Chapter 13?
4. What type of party does Clyde throw in Chapter 24?
5. Why is the House of Curl so busy in Chapter 25?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)