|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thor tell Ione about in their native language in Chapter 25?
(a) Harriet's illness.
(b) Patty Jane's financial troubles.
(c) That Patty Jane wants a divorce.
(d) That he wants to go back to living with Temple.
2. What does Clyde tell Patty Jane cannot happen again in Chapter 13?
(a) Clyde getting married.
(b) Arguing over money.
(c) A kiss.
(d) Patty Jane forgetting to pick Nora up from school.
3. Why is Patty Jane unhappy with Harriet when she returns home in Chapter 14?
(a) Harriet is drunk.
(b) Harriet has forgotten to buy something for dinner.
(c) Harriet is late for work.
(d) Harrier has lost Patty Jane's umbrella.
4. What does Harriet find in the hotel room in Chapter 17?
(a) A new dress.
(b) A set of keys.
(c) A bouquet.
(d) A cup of coffee and a muffin.
5. What is Patty Jane unable to understand about Clyde's sculptures?
(a) What they mean.
(b) Why he spends so much time on them.
(c) Why people pay so much for them.
(d) How he makes them.
6. Where does Harriet sing her wedding song in Chapter 11?
(a) At her bridal shower.
(b) At Avel's birthday party.
(c) At Avel's memorial service.
(d) From her bed.
7. Who presents the first lecture at Patty Jane's business?
(a) An author.
(b) A politician.
(c) A nutritionist.
(d) A filmmaker.
8. How does Patty Jane decide on the topic of the lectures she will hold at her business?
(a) By seeing what is being talked about in the newspaper.
(b) By opening an encyclopedia to a random page.
(c) She lets the customers decide the topics.
(d) She lets Nora decide.
9. What state is Harriet in when Patty Jane and Nora check on her in Chapter 25?
(a) Harriet is unconscious.
(b) Harriet is coughing up blood.
(c) Harriet is drunk.
(d) Harriet is vomiting.
10. What does Nora wonder about her mother and Clyde in Chapter 17?
(a) Why they are so angry with each other.
(b) If they can work together as business partners.
(c) If they will marry.
(d) Whether they have been lying to her.
11. Why is the House of Curl so busy in Chapter 25?
(a) Because of prom night.
(b) Because of a discount offer.
(c) Because of a big wedding.
(d) Because the shop was featured in the newspaper.
12. Who is the first to greet Ione in Chapter 25?
(a) Patty Jane.
13. What is Harriet doing when a bus passes her in Chapter 18?
(a) Picking up litter.
(b) Going to the post office.
(d) Going through the garbage.
14. Where does Patty Jane see her husband's face in Chapter 11?
(a) On the side of a bus.
(b) On cereal boxes.
(c) Amongst a crowd of people.
(d) On a poster.
15. Who does Harriet see in the bar with the crazy woman in Chapter 21?
(b) Avel's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Harriet surprise Reese in Chapter 18?
2. How does the relationship between Patty Jane and Clyde change in Chapter 16?
3. Who begins to join Patty Jane on her walks in Chapter 13?
4. What does Harriet realize when she notices the date on the newspaper in Chapter 17?
5. Who does Harriet move in with in Chapter 16?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)