|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harriet find in the hotel room in Chapter 17?
(a) A new dress.
(b) A bouquet.
(c) A cup of coffee and a muffin.
(d) A set of keys.
2. How did the crazy woman lose her dentistry license?
(a) She sold painkillers to patients.
(b) She purposely injured patients.
(c) She fell behind on her paperwork.
(d) She was discovered never to have gone to dental school.
3. What does Nora wonder about her mother and Clyde in Chapter 17?
(a) If they can work together as business partners.
(b) Whether they have been lying to her.
(c) Why they are so angry with each other.
(d) If they will marry.
4. What do Patty Jane and Ione think Harriet has done in Chapter 11?
(a) Contracted an illness while at the hospital.
(b) Taken drugs.
(c) Tried to commit suicide.
(d) Started drinking to forget her worries.
5. What happens to Harriet while riding the bus in Chapter 14?
(a) She thinks she sees Avel.
(b) She has a panic attack.
(c) She falls and hits her head.
(d) She gets off at the wrong stop.
6. How does Temple Curry react when Reese, Clyde, and Harriet arrive at her house in Chapter 22?
(a) She seems to be expecting them.
(b) She doesn't recognize them at all.
(c) She calls the police.
(d) She screams at them to go away.
7. Why is Patty Jane unhappy with Harriet when she returns home in Chapter 14?
(a) Harriet has forgotten to buy something for dinner.
(b) Harriet is late for work.
(c) Harriet is drunk.
(d) Harrier has lost Patty Jane's umbrella.
8. Who does Merry get into an argument with in Chapter 21?
(a) Temple Curry.
(b) Melinda Forrest.
(c) Loretta Smith.
(d) Patty Jane.
9. Where is Ione's gift to Harriet in Chapter 25 from?
(b) New York.
10. What is Ione concerned about regarding Nora in Chapter 20?
(a) Where Nora has been sneaking off to after school.
(b) Why Nora's grades are dropping.
(c) Whether Nora has inherited her father's recklessness.
(d) Whether Nora should be living in a house with two couples.
11. What does Patty Jane go to school to become in Chapter 12?
(a) A hair stylist.
(b) A baker.
(c) An animal groomer.
(d) A seamstress.
12. How is Temple Curry's house described?
(a) As small and cozy.
(d) Reeking of perfume.
13. Why do Harriet's work habits change in Chapter 15?
(a) She begins to drink a great deal.
(b) She needs more money.
(c) She feels too sick to go to work.
(d) She wants to spend her time with Reese.
14. In what condition does Patty Jane find Harriet upon returning home in Chapter 11?
(b) Unconscious and bleeding.
(c) Sick with the flu.
15. Where does Harriet sing her wedding song in Chapter 11?
(a) At Avel's memorial service.
(b) At Avel's birthday party.
(c) At her bridal shower.
(d) From her bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nora react to her father's reappearance in Chapter 23?
2. What shames Patty Jane in Chapter 12?
3. What does Ione send to the people at House of Curl while she is on vacation?
4. What does Reese arrange for Harriet in Chapter 19?
5. What do Harriet and Nora do as a surprise in Chapter 24?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)