|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Temple Curry's house described?
(c) Reeking of perfume.
(d) As small and cozy.
2. What does Nora wonder about her mother and Clyde in Chapter 17?
(a) If they can work together as business partners.
(b) If they will marry.
(c) Why they are so angry with each other.
(d) Whether they have been lying to her.
3. What shames Patty Jane in Chapter 12?
(a) Realizing why Thor left her.
(b) Harriet blaming Patty Jane for her heartache.
(c) Nora calling her a bad mother.
(d) Finding out that Ione has been paying her bills.
4. Who does Harriet move in with in Chapter 16?
(a) Her elderly aunt.
(b) Temple Curry.
(c) A friend.
5. Who does Patty Jane think of on Thanksgiving?
(c) Her parents.
6. How does Harriet avoid living on the streets in Chapter 16?
(a) By sleeping in a hotel hallway.
(b) By sharing a bed with whatever man offers to buy her drinks.
(c) By staying at a homeless shelter.
(d) By staying in the church.
7. How do Patty Jane and Clyde find themselves rolling in the snow in Chapter 13?
(a) They slide down some icy steps.
(b) They are playing with Nora.
(c) They fall while walking across a field.
(d) The jump behind a snow bank to avoid being seen.
8. What does Patty Jane attend with Clyde in Chapter 18?
(a) An auction.
(b) A concert.
(c) A legal trial.
(d) An art show.
9. How does Ione feel about seeing her son in Chapter 22?
10. How do Harriet's work habits change in Chapter 15?
(a) She leaves work minutes after arriving.
(b) She begins to work long hours.
(c) She only shows up for weekend shifts.
(d) She takes on a second job.
11. Where does Harriet go after the experience on the bus in Chapter 14?
(a) To a police station.
(b) To Ione's house.
(c) To see a therapist.
(d) To a bar.
12. How did the crazy woman lose her dentistry license?
(a) She was discovered never to have gone to dental school.
(b) She fell behind on her paperwork.
(c) She sold painkillers to patients.
(d) She purposely injured patients.
13. What do Harriet and Nora do as a surprise in Chapter 24?
(a) Jump out of a cake.
(b) Play a trumpet duet.
(c) Prepare a slideshow.
(d) Do a dance.
14. What is Clyde's last name?
15. What is Patty Jane unable to understand about Clyde's sculptures?
(a) Why people pay so much for them.
(b) How he makes them.
(c) Why he spends so much time on them.
(d) What they mean.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Clyde, why would a relationship not work between him and Patty Jane?
2. What is the name of Patty Jane's new business?
3. What does Thor tell Ione about in their native language in Chapter 25?
4. How does Nora's relationship with her mother change as she becomes a teenager?
5. Where does Harriet sing her wedding song in Chapter 11?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)