|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What number is the Curta calculator they are looking at?
2. What year was the calculator manufactured in?
3. What surprises Cayce about the Russian who hired Dorotea?
4. What does Parkaboy reveal in an e-mail that Judy has done?
5. How does she make sure it is really Parkaboy.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ngemi alter Greenaway's perspective and initial impressions of him?
2. What does Boone reveal in his telephone call to Cayce?
3. What does Cayce write in her email to A.N.Polakov?
4. What incident occurs on his shoot that has Damien so upset?
5. Why is Cayce taken to the Dream Academy under Volkov's control?
6. What kind of help is Cayce hoping to get from Ngemi beyond the introduction to Baranov?
7. What surprises Cayce about Dorotea's motives for her ongoing sabotage?
8. What is behind the invitation that Magda gives Cayce for dinner?
9. Who are the people represented again and again in Nora's work?
10. How is the value of Curta calculators being established?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happened to Win Pollard? How does being Cayce's father affect how Volkov responded to her curiosity where the footage was concerned? How does he apologize for his apparent overreaction where she is concerned? What information are his men able to confirm that police at home in New York have been unable to?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Keiko? Where does she come from? What is the purpose of her existence? Who's attention does she attract and to what end? Where does her photo come from? Who delivers it and where? What is the result of this gift? Who becomes agitated by the existence of Keiko? Why is she so upset, and what does she do about it? What is the outcome?
Essay Topic 3
What does Damien and his crew find while on site? What happens to the Russian excavation crew as they are removing the layers of muck covering their discovery? What do they find inside and what behavior by the crew shocks and upsets Damien? Who does he email with this information in the hopes that he can touch on reality again?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)