|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What domain name does Boone call to tell Cayce about?
2. How many people know that Cayce is on her way to Russia?
3. What does Judy want to do?
4. What is Sigil Technologies?
5. Who calls Cayce while she is out for a walk?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cayce do when a response to her email comes just a short time later?
2. How is the value of Curta calculators being established?
3. What surprises Cayce about the author of the footage?
4. What is the reason Bigend gives for hiring Dorotea after all she has done to Cayce?
5. What kind of help is Cayce hoping to get from Ngemi beyond the introduction to Baranov?
6. What is the difference between Cayce's disclosure to Parkaboy, and her disclosure to Boone?
7. What does Darryl discover about the map from Taki after Judy leaves for Japan?
8. What does Cayce discover about the email address for the author of the footage?
9. What does Cayce write in her email to A.N.Polakov?
10. What is behind the invitation that Magda gives Cayce for dinner?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the purpose of the T-shaped map of watermarking used in concert with the footage? What is the significance of this shape and of the shape of the 'city' represented by the map? How does this correspond to the origin of the footage segments? What prompts the distributor to use this method of identification by watermarking although their actual identity is withheld?
Essay Topic 2
What does Damien and his crew find while on site? What happens to the Russian excavation crew as they are removing the layers of muck covering their discovery? What do they find inside and what behavior by the crew shocks and upsets Damien? Who does he email with this information in the hopes that he can touch on reality again?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Bigend hire Dorotea? What does he hope to gain by making her an employee? What options did he have at this time? What is the result of her employment with Bigend and Blue Ant? How does this affect her loyalties? Who was her previous employer? What does it take to flip her loyalties? What is revealed about her character?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)