|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darryl discover shortly afterward?
2. Where does Baranov live?
3. Who does Cayce see as she is heading into Blue Ant?
4. What assurances does Cayce want from Boone before she will agree to continue to work with him?
5. How many people know that Cayce is on her way to Russia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is behind the invitation that Magda gives Cayce for dinner?
2. What does Cayce finally reveal to Parkaboy, and what is his response?
3. What does Cayce learn about the Russian connection and who is involved?
4. What surprises Cayce about Dorotea's motives for her ongoing sabotage?
5. How is the value of Curta calculators being established?
6. What is the difference between Cayce's disclosure to Parkaboy, and her disclosure to Boone?
7. Why is Cayce taken to the Dream Academy under Volkov's control?
8. What concern does Parkaboy communicate to Cayce regarding Judy and Taki?
9. Why is Cayce so upset with Boone after the meeting at Blue Ant?
10. Why does Cayce leave the hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the purpose of the T-shaped map of watermarking used in concert with the footage? What is the significance of this shape and of the shape of the 'city' represented by the map? How does this correspond to the origin of the footage segments? What prompts the distributor to use this method of identification by watermarking although their actual identity is withheld?
Essay Topic 2
What does Bigend want Cayce to do for him after she completes her first contract to evaluate his new logo? Why does he want this so badly? Who facilitates Cayce's travel and hotel? What else is provided by this person? How competent is this help and what extra features are provided? What does Cayce use the items provided for?
Essay Topic 3
What is the 'footage'? Who are the people who follow the footage? What is their growing and border line obsessive interest in each new segment released? What efforts are made to discover the identity of the author of the footage? What is so unusual about each segment released and what do they all have in common? For what reason does this particularly appeal to Cayce?
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)