|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dorotea think Hub is going to do?
2. Who is at Damien's when she gets there?
3. Where does Cayce normally live?
4. What does Boone tell her?
5. What does Cayce's mother send her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Parkaboy insinuated to Taki on Keiko's behalf to ensure his cooperation with Cayce?
2. What does Boone reveal in his telephone call to Cayce?
3. What does Cayce discover about the email address for the author of the footage?
4. What surprises Cayce about Dorotea's motives for her ongoing sabotage?
5. How does Cayce respond when Magda mentions the footage and why?
6. What does Cayce have an insurmountable aversion to?
7. What coincidence does Cayce feel pushes the envelope of believability?
8. Why is Cayce taken to the Dream Academy under Volkov's control?
9. What is the difference between Cayce's disclosure to Parkaboy, and her disclosure to Boone?
10. How is the value of Curta calculators being established?
Essay Topic 1
Who is Peter Gilbert? How does Cayce know him and who does she know him as? When is their first face to face meeting? How does he assure her that he is who he claims to be? How does the business card he gives her identify him? What factors make Cayce grateful for his presence?
Essay Topic 2
What is the 'footage'? Who are the people who follow the footage? What is their growing and border line obsessive interest in each new segment released? What efforts are made to discover the identity of the author of the footage? What is so unusual about each segment released and what do they all have in common? For what reason does this particularly appeal to Cayce?
Essay Topic 3
What is a Curta? Who created them and for what purpose? Who is an avid collector? Who bids on Curta prototype number four, and manages to secure it from eBay? Who is informed enough to authenticate this item? What year is it made in? Who promises it as a trade for information about the author of the footage? What is the amount paid for its purchase?
This section contains 1,999 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)