Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dorotea think Hub is going to do?
2. Who is at Damien's when she gets there?
3. Where does Cayce normally live?
4. What does Boone tell her?
5. What does Cayce's mother send her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Parkaboy insinuated to Taki on Keiko's behalf to ensure his cooperation with Cayce?
2. What does Boone reveal in his telephone call to Cayce?
3. What does Cayce discover about the email address for the author of the footage?
4. What surprises Cayce about Dorotea's motives for her ongoing sabotage?
5. How does Cayce respond when Magda mentions the footage and why?
6. What does Cayce have an insurmountable aversion to?
7. What coincidence does Cayce feel pushes the envelope of believability?
8. Why is Cayce taken to the Dream Academy under Volkov's control?
9. What is the difference between Cayce's disclosure to Parkaboy, and her disclosure to Boone?
10. How is the value of Curta calculators being established?
Essay Topic 1
Where does Cayce run into Dorotea in Russia? What is Dorotea's initial demeanor with Cayce? At this time, who is she supposedly employed by? What does Dorotea do to Cayce when they are sitting in the lounge? What prompts her to do this? In what way does Cayce take her by surprise?
Essay Topic 2
What is the purpose of the T-shaped map of watermarking used in concert with the footage? What is the significance of this shape and of the shape of the 'city' represented by the map? How does this correspond to the origin of the footage segments? What prompts the distributor to use this method of identification by watermarking although their actual identity is withheld?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Keiko? Where does she come from? What is the purpose of her existence? Who's attention does she attract and to what end? Where does her photo come from? Who delivers it and where? What is the result of this gift? Who becomes agitated by the existence of Keiko? Why is she so upset, and what does she do about it? What is the outcome?
This section contains 1,999 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)