|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Tita Chato's profession?
(a) She was a lawyer.
(b) She was a teacher.
(c) She was a baker.
(d) She was a writer.
2. When did Filipinos begin the fight for independence, according to Tito Maning's lecture in “That Last Part Aloud”?
3. What does Jay accuse Tito Maning of taking from him in “That Last Part Aloud”?
(a) His cell phone.
(b) His letters from Grace.
(c) His letters from Jun.
(d) His wallet.
4. Where are Tita Baby and her family said to live in "Let's Do It"?
(a) The United Arab Emirates.
(d) The United States.
5. After Jun had been staying with his aunts for about a year, Tito Maning called them to say he had missed school for how long, according to their story in "Fail Him in Death"?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 2 weeks.
6. Who does Tito Maning say Lapu-Lapu killed with a spear through the face in “That Last Part Aloud”?
7. Who is the first neighbor to arrive after the karaoke machine is set up and introduce herself to Jay in "Everyone Loses Their Shit"?
(a) Tita Lena.
(b) Tita Rosa.
(c) Tita Bibi.
(d) Tita Maria.
8. What word in "Bravery As If it Were My Own" refers to "Pig intestines boiled in blood and soy sauce" (264)?
9. Why does Jay not tell his aunts about Reyna's story in "Everyone Loses Their Shit"?
(a) Mia asked that Jay say nothing.
(b) Reyna asked that he not say anything.
(c) Mia believes that they are hiding something.
(d) Jay does not trust them.
10. What do all the neighbors call the old man who sings "My Way" in "Everyone Loses Their Shit"?
11. What is Shabu said to be in "New Life"?
(a) A hunger suppressant.
(b) An erotic stimulant.
(c) A hunger stimulant.
(d) A harmless drug.
12. To what museum do Jay and his uncle go second in “That Last Part Aloud”?
(a) The Ayala Museum.
(b) The Museum of Anthropology.
(c) The National Museum of Fine Arts.
(d) The Pinto Art Museum.
13. How many times does Tito Maning say he has met the Filipino president in “That Last Part Aloud”?
14. What does Jay say "All of the adults are" doing in "New Life" (284)?
(b) "Failing us."
(c) "Looking away."
(d) "Out of their minds."
15. What is the home of the Filipino president called?
(a) The Malacanang Palace.
(b) The Tadhana Palace.
(c) The Magmuni-muni Palace.
(d) The Maniwala Palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote America Is in the Heart?
2. From how long ago is the picture of Grace with Jun that Jay sees on Grace's Instagram page in "Another Day in the Minefield"?
3. Where do Jay's grandparents live?
4. When did Spain cede the Philippines to the U.S.?
5. What does Jay see in the church in the end of "New Life"?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)