|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Spain cede the Philippines to the U.S.?
2. When is the letter dated that Jay finds in "Bravery As If it Were My Own"?
(a) June 11, 2014.
(b) March 4, 2012.
(c) September 29, 2013.
(d) June 13, 2013.
3. Who performed the song "Call Me Maybe"?
(a) Carly Rae Jepsen.
(b) Celine Dion.
(c) Britney Spears.
(d) Imelda Papin.
4. Who painted Spolarium?
(a) Ricardo Austin.
(b) James Tully.
(c) Juan Luna.
(d) Rodrigo Nino.
5. In what language does Mia begin speaking with the woman at Jun's old home in "The Wide Eyes of the Lost"?
6. What is Shabu said to be in "New Life"?
(a) A hunger suppressant.
(b) An erotic stimulant.
(c) A hunger stimulant.
(d) A harmless drug.
7. Who does Tita Ines remark there are none of at the beach where they take Jay in "To Flood"?
8. What does Jay say "All of the adults are" doing in "New Life" (284)?
(a) "Looking away."
(b) "Out of their minds."
(d) "Failing us."
9. What word in "Bravery As If it Were My Own" refers to "Pig intestines boiled in blood and soy sauce" (264)?
10. What do Jay and his aunts have for dinner in the end of "Another Day in the Minefield"?
(c) Fried chicken.
11. For about how long does Reyna say Jun lived with her in “A Universe Where People Do Not Die for Doing What Is Right”?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 3 years.
12. What score does Jay get for his performance in karaoke in "Everyone Loses Their Shit"?
13. Whose daughter is the girl in Reyna's tenement in “A Universe Where People Do Not Die for Doing What Is Right”?
(a) Her sister's daughter.
(b) A roommate's daughter.
(c) Jun's daughter.
(d) Her daughter.
14. What does Tita Ines call the soup she brings to Jay in "Fail Him in Death"?
15. After Jun had been staying with his aunts for about a year, Tito Maning called them to say he had missed school for how long, according to their story in "Fail Him in Death"?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 3 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who performed the song "Titanic" that Tita Ines sings in karaoke in "Everyone Loses Their Shit"?
2. To what museum do Jay and his uncle go second in “That Last Part Aloud”?
3. What does Jay describe seeing in his eyes every time he closes them in the end of "Its Center Unsolved"?
4. What poem is described as a typhoon in the ending of "This Poem is a Typhoon"?
5. What traditional activity does Jay take over from his uncle in "Bravery As If it Were My Own"?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)